Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot?

+5
CheeseBK
DBCrazy
missdebra87
saraluvzbonz
ForensicMama
9 posters

Go down

Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot? Empty Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot?

Post by ForensicMama Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:29 am

I had to write this when I was thinking about this certain event and how it might play out...

It was a regular day. And I'm not just trying to be prosaic. It was honestly a regular day. Monday. Seventy-two degrees Fahrenheit. Late Spring. And the team was beginning to work on a new body. I won't bore you with case details. I'll just jump straight to the point.

The Juice.

Cam glanced up from her work on the forensic platform just in time to watch Booth and Brennan walk into the lab. She glanced back down. Her eyebrows scrunched together. Something was off.

She looked back up. This time with a more inquisitive look brushing her features.

Angela walked up, laid down a pad. She also glanced up at the pair who had just entered the building. Curiosity painted her countenance, too.

To anybody who did not know Booth and Brennan very well, everything looked peachy keen.

But to Camille and Angela, they noticed the difference immediately. Booth trailed a foot behind Brennan, hands in pockets, eyes averted.

They stopped a few feet from the platform.

Brennan aimlessly fumbled with her keys, her own eyes darting to and from him, a slight blush burning her cheeks whenever their gazes happened to lock.

"What's going on here?" Cam mumbled.

Angela just grinned and the two women listened in, trying not to look too obvious.

"So, lunch?" Booth asked hesitantly.

"I don't--" She scratched her head and looked at her feet, then up at Booth. "I have plans with Angela."

"That's good. I mean, you gotta eat, right?"

"Yeah."

"And people eat."

"Daily. Unless they're suffering from an eating disorder or there's a lack of resources."

"So... I'll pick you up later."

"Huh?" Her eyes jumped up.

"Work. For work."

"Yes. And we work together. That's what partners do."

"Catch the bad guy," Booth finished.

"That's what we do."

"So, um, I'll just go and check out that lead. "

"And I'll examine... bones."

They stood awkwardly for several seconds.

"So, I'll just--" Booth motioned toward the door.

"Yeah, I've got work to do."

They turned and retreated from one another, Cam and Angela kept their eyes on Brennan as she scanned her card and walked onto the platform. She noticed the women almost immediately and blurted, "What?"

Angela's grin couldn't have been any wider.

Cam's eyes couldn't have been bigger.

And yet they both wanted details.

"Sweetie, what was that all about?"

"Nothing. I don't know what you mean." She shrugged and donned her gloves.

"I want all of the juicy details," Cam muttered to Ange.

"You and me both, babe."

They watched as Brennan quickly busied herself.

"I know how to handle this," Ange said. Then almost too loudly, she announced in mock surprise, "You slept with Booth!"

Brennan spun around, eyes wide, mouth slightly agape. She jogged over to the women. "Shhhhh!"

Angela was quite proud of herself. "So it's true!"

"Oh this is good," Cam said.

"So how was it?" Ange.

"I didn't--We didn't--"

"Oh please, sweetie, if anybody recognizes post-coital awkwardness, it's me."

It was a standoff. Brennan finally realized she had been beaten. She looked around tentatively, then smiled and said, "It... It was really... really, really, really... REALLY good." The smile dropped and she was more serious, "But it was a mistake."

"Why was it a mistake?" Cam asked, shaking her head. "I don't get it."

"Yeah, how can really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good sex be a mistake?"

Bren cracked a smile, "That was about five more 'reallys' than I admitted to."

"You admitted to at least twelve." Angela grinned.

Cam sat on the edge of a desk and crossed her arms, "So why was it a mistake?'

"It's against the rules."

"Whose rules?"

"The FBI has rules stating that partners cannot engage in a romantic relationship."

"It's so Romeo and Juliet. That's hot."

Cam looked over at Angela and suppressed a laugh at that comment.

"That's what it is, isn't it? Whatever gets your mojo working."

"Mojo?" Brennan had that 'I don't know what that means' look on her face again.

"Fuels the flames, Brennan," Cam clarified.

Brennan considered this and seemed to agree with it from her facial expressions. Then she shook her head, "It doesn't matter. It can't happen again."

Angela was flabbergasted. "Oh Jeez, Bren! For once in your life, break a rule or two! It's fun to break loose every once in a while. Right, Cam?"

Cam smiled, "Absolutely."

"If Cullen finds out--He's never liked me to begin with."

"We won't tell," Angela offered.

"I'm a terrible liar. You two might be able to keep a secret, but I'm terrible at it. Beside, Booth and I have already agreed--"

"I'm sure he wouldn't mind breaking that promise." Cam.

"Bren, you're not a terrible liar. Excuses, excuses."

"Well, how can I prove it to you?"

"OK. Tell me a lie and two truths. I saw this on TV once." Angela gave a 'bring it on' gesture. "They have to be good, though."

Bren looked like a closed book for a moment, then she sighed, "OK... I... sleep naked." Poker face. "Booth and I spent the majority of the night in the shower." Poker face. Two shocked and delighted grins. "And... I hate--" Slight smile. "It when a man licks my toes." Even bigger grin. "See? I can't do it!"

"Toe-licking, huh? Never tried that..." Cam mused.

"No comment," Angela smiled. Then she turned her attention back to Bren, "You're right. You suck at lying."

For a fraction of a second, Brennan looked upset, then she looked composed once again and smiled an obviously fake smile. "Booth and I made the right decision. It was a mistake," and she hastily added, "professionally."

Brennan quickly walked off the platform and into her office.

Angela and Cam watched as she disappeared, then began to go back to their work.

The scanner beeped and they both looked up to see Booth walking onto the platform, "Where's Bones?" He stopped short as soon as he looked at Cam and Angela. "What?"

"Take a seat," Angela smiled slyly.

Last edited by ForensicMama on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot? Empty Re: Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot?

Post by saraluvzbonz Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:05 am

Really, we need the followon conversation between Angela and Booth.... and then some snarky comments that Cam tosses at him.
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot? Empty Re: Post-Coital Awkwardness (K+) 2 shot?

Post by ForensicMama Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:24 am

LOL I was thinking of adding on. Making it a two shot. I think we need Cam to throw some snarky comments at Booth!

What do you all think? hehehee
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:34 pm

I loved it. I think you need to continue!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 pm

I vote for a two-shot. After all, you put the witness on the stand, now we need to hear his testify!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:23 pm

wohooooooooo that started GREAT. I mean really, really, really, really... great Wink
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:52 pm

THAT was great and I REALLY CAN'T wait for the next chappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:46 am

Here's the second part! Wink

"Where's Bones?" Booth stopped short at the curious and amused looks that had crossed Angela's and Cam's faces. " What?"

"Oh, nothing." Angela grinned. From her face, it was obviously NOT nothing.

Booth side-stepped. "Well, good. Bones go inside?" He gestured at the office.

Angela and Cam started chuckling.

"You tell me," Cam said, eyes dancing.

"Nice!" Angela held out her hand. The two women shared a slick high-five.

"I was a cop for ten years. I have so many more."

Booth gritted his teeth.

With that, Hodgins scanned his card and hopped onto the platform, eyes directed at a paper in his hand. "Seems like the gloves came in contact with FeSO4 H2O. It's relatively rare--" He stopped once he looked up and saw Booth. Grinned. Nodded.

"What?" Booth was now pretty short-tempered.

"Somebody got laid!"

"No. No. Nobody. I didn't--I didn't get laid." Hands rested testily on his hips, revealing his very plain belt buckle. The standard issue FBI belt buckle con eagle.

"Yes. You did." Hodgins said. He looked at the two women. "I'm right, aren't I?"

"No. You aren't. Now, what's this Fe H2O?"

"FeSO4 H2O. And yes, you did. The tie, the belt buckle. You got some."

Booth smoothed the tie. "What the hell do you mean? Cam? Do you know what the President of the Nerd Posse's talking about?"

"Hey, no need to insult. Just stating the obvious." Hodgins, quite offended.

Cam tipped her head thoughtfully, "Whenever you and a lady friend, you know--"

"Make love?" Booth said sternly.

"Whatever floats your boat." She smiled, a dimple dotting her cheek. "You wear the boring tie. The plain belt buckle. Sweets would say you're trying to deflect."

Booth scoffed. "Hmph. Sweets."

"Paint it however you will, Seeley, but you've got sex written all over your face. And it just so happens that I remember that face quite well." Cam's voice was calm, but amused.

Angela looked between the two with a crazy grin on her face. She leaned against a desk. Hodgins sat beside her as they watched Cam and Booth square off.

"I think you've crossed a line here, Camille."

"Hey, if you wanna talk crossing lines, it seems that you and a certain someone have crossed at least three in the last twenty-four hours. I'm just saying."

"You don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, really? I know that Dr. Brennan came in 30 minutes late this morning. The last time she was late was when she was dating Sully. I also know that you're wearing the sex tie. I wasn't born yesterday, Seeley. Don't let baby-soft skin fool you." A teasing grin. A brow tipped in the air. Both hands crossing her chest.

Booth gritted his teeth, then in one quick motion, he loosened the tie and pulled it out from around his neck and thrust it into Cam's hands. "Why don't you and your squints keep your minds out of the gutter?"

He turned and walked off the platform.

Angela looked shocked. She stood and called out, "What?! NO DETAILS?!"

He turned around, walking backward for a few strides, "No details because there's no story."

"That's not what Bren said."

Booth froze. Then he walked several steps, slid his card and walked straight up to Angela, eyes trained on her the entire way. "What did Bones say?"

Angela thought quickly. "She said that you two kissed. It got carried away. Then you both started pawing at each other like a couple of starving cannibals."

"Then there was the bedroom. Oh, and the shower!" Cam added.

"Oh the shower. That was some hot shower sex. Some really, really, really, really, really, REALLY hot shower sex."

Booth looked stern, then a smile cracked his lips. "It was hot as hell." He turned and walked off the platform. "Bones and I are taking an early lunch!"

Last edited by ForensicMama on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by jagglebells Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:07 am

Haha. Update with the next part soon!

jagglebells
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 600
Say What You Want : I'm bored.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:03 am

That's great!

I thought he was taking his "a gentleman is discreet" thing a little too far when he was getting so mad at them, but when he learned that Booth had confessed - and then he cracked that smile ... I just wonder how early this lunch is gonna be!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:33 am

One of my favorite parts: "Oh, really? I know that Dr. Brennan came in 30 minutes late this morning. The last time she was late was when she was dating Sully. I also know that you're wearing the sex tie. I wasn't born yesterday, Seeley. Don't let baby-soft skin fool you." A teasing grin. A brow tipped in the air. Both hands crossing her chest.

Great job! Too bad this is only a 2shot... I'd love to read more!
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:57 am

Thanks!!! Very Happy

I'd keep going, but I wouldn't know what to write next lol. Razz I had only planned the interaction with the squints.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by saraluvzbonz Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:39 pm

hm.... what comes next? Maybe they find out that even though it's a "professional" mistake, they can't resist each other. Or maybe, Booth goes home and changes his tie!
saraluvzbonz
saraluvzbonz
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:04 am

giggles
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:17 am

oh I love it.....I could totally imagine Booth with his sex-face and the plain tie....

Can't wait for more!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down