Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Junkies

+20
Nightowl
moonlightbones
i_heart_bones
Zeddie
MoonlightGardenias
Turi ray of sunshine
fairytales_end
katarina
fanofbones
19ana89
lena152
redrider
missdebra87
Teardropsonmyguitar
Bella Loony
A2BOREANAZ
hy6110327
Fluffernutter
Sarah9488
phoebsfan
24 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Twilight Junkies Empty Twilight Junkies

Post by phoebsfan Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:48 pm

In honor of the movie, I thought we might all share our thoughts... desires... secret dreams of Edward... Or reactions to the movie.

Movie Spoilers may follow....

I think I shall go see it again tomorrow. And the next day... and lament the lack of a man in my life.

Things that bugged me: Murder of the Meadow scene. Bella not cooking for Charlie. The Meyers/King appearance, please keep her out of the second one.

Things I loved: For the most part they stayed pretty true to the story. Jasper playing baseball... droool.... and oh yeah... Edward. Though I'm not sure about Rob.

I'm gonna give it four out of five stars. Love to hear everyone else's thoughts.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Twilight Junkies Empty Re: Twilight Junkies

Post by Sarah9488 Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm a Twilight junkie... but they don't show it in German theatres yet...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:45 am

Phoebs, you know I'm a Twilight fan, but I haven't seen the movie yet. I suppose I'll see it next week while we're away for Thanksgiving. It got decent reviews, although that might be because critics mostly found the book to be bestselling teen trash romance, so the movie gets good reviews because they set the story aside and focus on other things. Here's the thing: I have very low expectations for the movie. Actually, my feelings towards book-movie adaptations mostly range from dislike to intense hatred. (Big exception: The Princess Bride. I can't imagine it done better.) But anyway, back to Twilight. I haven't looked for trailers or seen any pics or clips or anything that hasn't been on while I was watching Bones (pretty much the only time I watch TV. Except there was a commercial last night during SNL) or listening to the radio. I have to say, from what I've seen, I don't like the acting. Of course, only Edward and Bella were in those, so maybe the other characters are really well played. But I am not really liking the girl they picked for Bella and Pattinson, while not hideous, TOTALLY doesn't live up to my Edward expectations. (Aside: How can he be beating DB in the People.com sexiest vampires poll?! No comparison, I'm serious. Go vote.) But I will withhold my judgment until I have seen the movie.

Ok, who am I kidding? I've already made my decision of hatred. But I'll try not to spread it to others.
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hy6110327 Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:37 am

I saw the movie yesterday. It was ok. Better than I thought it was going to be.

Likes: They pretty much stuck through the plot most of the time. Actors were pretty cool.

Dislikes: Medow scence?! Where was it?!? Its like a crucial part and they butchered it. And a lot more a tiny details but that was like the biggest.
hy6110327
hy6110327
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16061
Say What You Want : C'est la vie!

Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 am

fluff I get what you're saying... I had NO expectations, as in below low, for it and it surprised me.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:59 am

saw it three times so far..........had no expectations going into it........books have always been better than movies.......and this didnt let me down......of course the book was better than the movie......but.....the movie rocked......oh to see my(i mean our) edward brought to life......and my (i mean our) jasper and his pained expression.......oh it was wonderful........and i plan to go see it again.........probably on my birthday.......since i too have no man in my life.......two hours of watching the perfect man on screen seems to be the thing to do........he is so hot......he is such the gentlemen...........he plays piano.......and of course HE CAN NEVER DIE.........what more could one ask for.......so i am such a twilight geek......i love it love it love it......and could be here all day and talk about it........
and the meadow scene.......thats where we were robbed.......i did love the scene when his fam was listening on how to prepare italian food.....just for bella........how sweet.......and i loved loved the baseball scene........the music they used is my fave song from the soundtrack........and of course roberts song he sang on the soundtrack while they were at the restaurant......all lovely.......and cant wait to see it again.........whooooooo hooooooooooooooo i am sure i will remember more.......be back again............looney is the latest joiner........she finished the book in record time............and now is waiting for the movie..........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:20 am

I did finish the book in record time.....about eight hours, and now I am almost done New Moon, AMAZING, by the way. I have yet to see the movie but only because I live in the middle of nowhere and movies come very slowly......I hope it comes soon! I had to buy the next book because I couldn't finish New Moon without another book to dive right into. I LOVED Twilight, the reason why I read it so fast was because I couldn't get enough of it. Edward is brilliant, and handsome and perfect and who the hell am I kidding, beautiful beyond words. I want to watch the movie because I think it does more with His Family, whereas, I was so concentrated on Bella and Edward, his family, other than Alice was really a non thought to me! I can't wait to watch the movie and when I do, I'll totally weigh in with my opinion!!

Bella(HAHA, that's right, that's my name, although I've been using it on the boards FOREVER, coincidence ROCKS!!)
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3452
Say What You Want : Family doesn't stop with blood.
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:54 am

Okay, so I finished New Moon, and I'm ready to start Eclipse, absolutely brilliant, but it almost breaks my heart about Jake and Bella, I so want Jake to be happy too!! Loved every second of it, and I don't think I should have read Twilight, my life has been turned upside down!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Teardropsonmyguitar Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:58 am

did anyone else think that the guy who played Edward was trying too much?

Teardropsonmyguitar
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 354
Say What You Want : Dancers do it best.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:45 am

Alright...I'm here to give a grinchy negative review that will have my girls with the Pattinson/Stewart siggies up in arms.
MAJOR SPOILERS! Also major movie hate, but what you want to watch out for are the spoilers.
Remember how I went in KNOWING that they would screw up the movie? Well, they did. I didn't realize until the screen got dark that the main reason for this was that a lot of the book takes place in Bella's head. And they tried to get that 'head feel' by doing voiceovers, but do too many and it becomes tacky, so they have to limit it. And I completely understand that. And I know that everyone wants to make money and a lot of authors want to get their books on screen, but Twilight just didn't translate well for me. I really was not feeling the 'die without you' Edward/Bella love.
It's possible that that had to do with the acting. I really disliked both the leads. I read an interview with RP in EW a couple weeks ago where he said that he walked around for like three months being depressed. It totally showed. Remember how Jessica said that Jasper looked like he was in pain all the time? That's how I felt about Edward all the time- like he should have been on Prozac. And then sometimes he would be *gasp* happy! and I would be like 'that's very OOC, what a 180'. Also it didn't help that he was a Brit trying to be American, which he didn't do too badly, except there were some times when he slurred the edges of his words to get that American lazy-speech and it made him very hard to understand. The one very minor thing that bugged me was the wristband that he wore for a bunch of the scenes. That just struck me as a WTH?! detail. But that character see-sawed between manic depressive and creepy without the side order of sexy. He really lacked the grace I felt when I read Edward.
Before I saw the movie I had seen Bella described as an emo-chick and I was like 'no she's not'. But then I saw the movie...and she kind of is. Not in a 'random piercing and tattoos, wearing all black, grunge or goth' emo, but a flat voiced robot kind of girl. I was wondering why they stuck in so many scenes with Charlie. Not that I don't like him, but the point of everything is the Edward/Bella romance. Then I realized that could be because the only scene that I felt an emotional connection to was the scene with Charlie where Bella stormed out of the house. And they even left out the line about how she really hates Forks. There was one moment where I said "THAT is Bella" and it was when she's talking with Mike and Jessica and they totally don't get her humor.
On the background characters there is much good to say. Emmett, Esme, Carlisle, Rosalie, Mike, Jessica, Angela (although I pictured her looking a lot like Michaela Conlin, but whatever) they were all good. Here's what I have to say about everyone else:
Eric- He turned out to have much more of a personality than he did in the books. Totally not how I pictured him, but that's okay.
Alice- For the most part I liked her, but we didn't really get to chill. Most of the time when she was around she was doing a kind of creepy 'see all, know all' thing. I can settle with that too.
Jasper- We saw very little of him, so I can't really complain, but I will do so anyway. His hair. As Mater from Cars said "[I] just like him for [his] body".
Jacob- Hopefully his character will develop a little more, but I wasn't even getting his little crush on Bella so much.
The evil trio- Meh, fine.
More of the bad: In the ballet studio, when Bella has a brutally broken leg and Edward drops her she doesn't make a peep. No way.
The whole thing where they're finding dead bodies beforehand- Totally uncanon and I think just a device to get Bella and Charlie closer together. (See the Bella-bashing paragraph)
Big complaint here: Edward and Bella seem to jump from "what's in Florida?" "Floridians" to "I'm completely and irrevocably in love with him". Maybe it's just because we didn't get into Bella's head, but I felt that the relationship was trivialized. I am an obsessive shipper, bordering on deranged. I have special titanium claws to savage people who don't agree with my ships. (You should see what I did to that Spuffy a while back). The way it was scripted or acted or filmed just didn't work for me. Bella came off lacking the strength that she had in the books and Edward struck me as obnoxious half the time. She felt like a teenager with a crush. Maybe it's just me though.
Meadow scene: Why in the schnauzer was Bella randomly trekking up to the woods behind the school? Why did Edward sound like a scary abusive guy? Why was the shimmering like sweat? Not even going to touch this.
The completely unnecessary setup for New Moon: I didn't even remember that Victoria hadn't been killed. We totally didn't need to see that she was sweeping around Bella's prom in her random fur (another WTH moment) with a neon GONNA KILL BELLA sign over her head.
Things I did like (miracle, I know): Renee- I loved how she was played.
Billy- Thought he was good.
Baseball and kitchen scenes and Edward's lullaby- The song was really pretty and I think a lot of the yay for the other two scenes lies with the Cullen family actors.
It's definitely possible that I'm being overly critical and I just prepared myself to hate it so I do. But (ask my aunt, who said it was pretty good from a perspective of someone who hasn't read the book) I spent the time pinching the bridge of my nose and covering my eyes and going "that's not right!" so I think it's a pretty safe bet that I hated it independently from my original assumptions.
If you're still reading this, more power to ya. And don't let my grinchiness turn you off if you liked it.
Oh and one more thing. When I was watching Bella and Edward kiss, really all I could see was this:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
The first Buffy/Angel kiss and that comparison to excellent chemistry (IMO) really didn't help the 'why'd they ruin Twilight?' mantra.
Ok, I'm really done now. Wink
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:51 am

Bella Loony wrote:Okay, so I finished New Moon, and I'm ready to start Eclipse, absolutely brilliant, but it almost breaks my heart about Jake and Bella, I so want Jake to be happy too!! Loved every second of it, and I don't think I should have read Twilight, my life has been turned upside down!!

Bella
Yay for Bella- join the madness! Glad we have another Jacob sympathizer. I was always like 'Edward and Bella forever, but Jacob needs some loving too".
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 am

wow fluff.........you really didnt like their first kiss..........i thought it was quite hot.......

and holy crap bella..........you go reading the books woman......whooooo hoooooooooo
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:35 am

A2BOREANAZ wrote:wow fluff.........you really didnt like their first kiss..........i thought it was quite hot.......

and holy crap bella..........you go reading the books woman......whooooo hoooooooooo
I didn't dislike their kiss. While they were doing it, I thought it was good. But the window and the way the light fell and it was very close to the anniversary of IWRY...inevitable Buffy/Angel thoughts. And then they did that weird thing with the CG that made him look like he was being pulled away instead of pushing himself off. Anyway, it's just another thing that added to my general anti-movieness.
But definite agree on the Bella thing- wowzers, you're racing!
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:53 am

Hehehe... hey Bella... when I first came to the board and saw that you signed your posts with Bella... I always thought of Twilight. Everytime I see one of your posts I do.

And Fluff, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'm finding that people either really like it or really hate it. I find that when I watch a movie based on a book I have to pretend it's a different story, because I know that they will change things. It's someone's interpretation of the book. So going away from the storyline in little ways doesn't bother me. And I honestly felt they'd done a pretty good job staying true to the story. Though I do feel like we were cheated out of Edward and Bella falling in love. There are little glances, and non verbals along the way that indicate 'something' is happening between the two of them.

I do think that some of the lines were awkward and not very well written. And I do think that the actor who plays Edward was probably not the best. Bella was pretty much how I pictured her, but a little less responsible. I have mentioned that I didn't like how she doesn't cook for Charlie. She was always taking care of her parents in the books, in the movie we didn't really get to see that. I think had we seen more of her mature side, then the schoolgirl crush impression wouldn't have been as bad.

I think had they spent a little less on extra special effects... used to draw in a larger audience... the movie would have been even better. But since we don't so much care about seeing Edward run around and swing from trees...(very unnessecary and frustrating for me. Also poorly done.) it seems like a waste of time.

I still love it for what it is though, and even though Edward is not how I pictured him... He grows on you. His often strange behavior makes me laugh.

And here is to hoping that New Moon will be better.

Also, I miss all the kisses that didn't make it.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:24 pm

i really thought that robert pattinson did a great edward......from his perfect skin and face........right down to the pain he was in...........have you read midnight sun......it tells of all the pain he was actually in........and i really think the strange behavior was part of his pain.........thats just my two cents............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:39 pm

I have not read Midnight Sun yet. And you could be right about that. I know I always pictured him as more suave, but I've seen the movie six times so really... I'm not complaining.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:29 am

Okay, so I'm finished Eclipse, and I am buying the next one today, but what a brilliant book! I loved Jacob and he broke my heart numerous times, and yes I did shed some tears, but I thought it was amazing! I can't WAIT to get started on the next one!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:15 am

yay for Eclipse... I just finished rereading it yesterday myself... now I am reading Breaking Dawn again. YAY.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 am

phoebsfan wrote:I have not read Midnight Sun yet. And you could be right about that. I know I always pictured him as more suave, but I've seen the movie six times so really... I'm not complaining.
oh thank you so much pheebs for seeing it six times.........that means i can go see it again.............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:48 am

Bella Loony wrote:Okay, so I'm finished Eclipse, and I am buying the next one today, but what a brilliant book! I loved Jacob and he broke my heart numerous times, and yes I did shed some tears, but I thought it was amazing! I can't WAIT to get started on the next one!!

Bella
oh my bella...........i am soooooooooooooo proud*sniff*......*sniff*
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:10 pm

A2BOREANAZ wrote:
phoebsfan wrote:I have not read Midnight Sun yet. And you could be right about that. I know I always pictured him as more suave, but I've seen the movie six times so really... I'm not complaining.
oh thank you so much pheebs for seeing it six times.........that means i can go see it again.............

Anytime... and I have it downloaded on my computer so that when the urge hits me I can just push play. I figure I bought a ticket five times and I'll buy the dvd.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:26 am

So, I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn and all I can say is WOW!! Jacob imprinting....I knew it would have to happen one day.....and Bella's restraint and Edward and her are amazing!! I'm loving it, and I did cry a bit through the whole Jacob and the pack thing, but I've settled down now and I don't want this book to be over 'cause then I'll have to read them all again!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:58 am

reading them all again is a good thing though.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:48 pm

I read Midnight Sun and completely loved it. More on Edward's POV: in the fanfic sector, Alphie (she runs the Twilight Lexicon and is actually friends with Stephenie, who REVIEWED HER FIC!) has written this really wonderful story of Twilight from Edward's perspective. It's called The Lion and the Lamb and it's up on fanfiction.net. Unfortunately, Alphie has stopped writing for a while, but it seems that she might be starting again.
My two cents on Pattinson: I thought that he was okay with the 'I've killed people, I'm in constant anguish that I have to deny my nature' part of Edward, but I really thought that he was lacking the grace that I pictured in my head-Edward (don't we all have one?).
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by missdebra87 Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:06 am

Alright so I really wasn't going to go see it... But my roomie convinced me to go because she said she knew I'd like it. And guess what? I DID! Wow. Sexual tension much?
missdebra87
missdebra87
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16433
Say What You Want : Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, Teacher Certification, Departmental Recognition, Magna Cum Laude
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum