Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Valentine in the Water (SPOILER FIC, K+?)

+4
Rike
Cassiopeia
CSI-4077
ForensicMama
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

A Valentine in the Water (SPOILER FIC, K+?) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Valentine in the Water (SPOILER FIC, K+?)

Post by ForensicMama Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 am

Ty!

Part XXV

Angela, dressed in a short sassy, sexy, black dress, was walking through the Medico-Legal lab, as she walked, she met Cam. Cam was finishing up work, too before her date that night. Her hair was pulled up in a dramatic up-do. She wore an equally sexy red dress.

"Wow, Cam! You look hot!" Angela breathed. "Jeff is one lucky guy!"

Cam, who had been leaning leaning over a computer, straightened and eyed her friend, "Thanks Angela. You look fabulous!"

"Thank you. Have you seen Bren?"

"Office, I think. Hold on a sec, I'll go with you." She finished typing, then logged off. The two women walked toward Brennan's office. "What are you and Hodgins doing tonight?"

"We're going to L'Auberge Chez François, which, by the way, I can only pronounce thanks to my three years in Paris."

"Wow. Fancy! Isn't that a bit--?"

"Spendy? That's what I said, but Hodgins thought it wasn't."

Cam looked impressed. "Does Hodgins have a brother? And if so, can I have his number?"

"Only child, sweetie." Angela grinned. "Where's your FBI guy taking you?"

"I thought we were going to that Italian place, but he said it was a surprise."

"Surprises are always the best. In my experience they always end in a few bottles of champagne and sock puppets."

Cam laughed as she and Angela entered Brennan's office. They stood in the doorway silently for several minutes and simply stared at Brennan who was wearing jeans and her lab jacket.

"Dr. Brennan, you can go home now. Angela and I are going now."

Brennan looked up and hesitated before saying, "I've just got a few more things to do now."

Cam smiled and rounded around to where Brennan stood. "Just turn it off. Murder and mayhem will always be here for you tomorrow."

Brennan just looked at her.

"Go home, Dr. Brennan. Take the evening off."

Cam's smile actually worked on her. Besides the fact that Cam had a beautiful and warm smile, there was also the fact that Brennan was exhausted and she wasn't getting much work done with double vision. She turned off the computer screen. Angela helped Brennan off with her jacket and put on her winter coat for her. "Sweetie, go home, take a bath, watch some Audrey Hepburn films and relax for once in your life. OK, sweetie?"

Brennan looked over to Cam for help. Cam was quick to reply, "Don't look at me, Dr. Brennan. I agree with Angela. If you can't spend tonight on a date, you should at least pamper yourself." Angela and Cam sandwiched Brennan between their arms and walked her out of the lab.

On their way, Hodgins walked up, dressed in a suit and looking as hot as ever. (You know, aside from when he's shirtless, but I'm not alone there, I assume?)

"Angie, wow!" Hodgins was taken aback.

"Thank you," Angela beamed. "You look pretty good yourself, Hodgins."

Hodgins looked at the other two women, "You look nice too, guys."

Cam smiled and rolled her eyes. Hodgins was obviously so head-over-heals with Angela that he hardly noticed Brennan and Cam.

"I'll see you Monday," Angela said, wrapping her hand around Hodgins' arm as they walked out of the lab.

"I hope you have a nice dinner with Agent Wilcox," Brennan said to Cam.

Cam smiled, "Thank you, Dr. Brennan. I'll see you Monday?"

"Yes. Hell or high horses."

"High water, Dr. Brennan, but I know what you mean."

The two women parted in the parking lot.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

A Valentine in the Water (SPOILER FIC, K+?) - Page 3 Empty Re: A Valentine in the Water (SPOILER FIC, K+?)

Post by Cassiopeia Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:13 am

What! You dare to stop now? :O What.. I have been away for weekend and no fluff??? Smile
Come on! Smile
Very Happy:D

(GOOD JOB) (Y).
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:45 am

Umm...you need to continue RIGHT now!!! Thank you Smile
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1887
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:46 am

Part XXVI

Brennan unlocked her front door. The heat had been off and she shivered as she entered. It had certainly been a long week and it weighed on her eyelids heavily.

She took off her shoes in the entryway and walked over to the heat switch and turned the dial past 70 degrees.

In the kitchen, nothing exciting was to be found in the refrigerator. That's the price paid by forensic anthropologists. Chronically empty refrigerators. She sighed and went to the bedroom where she chose a pair of pink-with-red-hearts flannel pajamas. A gift from Angela for Valentine's Day the year before.

Sliding her cold feet into a pair of fuzzy white slippers, she shuffled back into the living room. It was still chilly in the room, so she sat on the sofa and pulled a warm throw over her shoulders. She grabbed the remote and turned on the radio.

Being Valentine's Day, song after song was a romantic slow ballad. It wasn't too long after that when her eye lids finally grew so heavy that fluttered shut.

December

She bent over and tied her ice skates. They felt uncomfortable and stiff against her ankles. It was a strange feeling. The rink was chilly which only made the goosebumps crawl farther up her neck and down her arms.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Booth?" She asked, worried about his injuries.

Booth helped her stand. They walked toward the ice. The first few steps were wobbly and unsure. To be honest she wasn't a terrible skater. She was a HORRIBLE skater.

Music began to play. Lights sparkled from somewhere above.

Booth smiled and made a comment about his needing to stay up all night and who better to keep him awake than she?

She blushed and wrapped her arm around his, linking them.

Brennan asked Booth if she was a bad skater. Booth grinned and said no, but she could tell he was lying.

"I think that Agent Perotta liked working with us."

Booth shifted and began to skate backwards, holding his hands out for her. She held them, honestly having no other choice than to fall on her butt. "I think so, too, Bones."

"I think she might like you, Booth."

Booth didn't reply to that. Instead, he let go of her hands, leaving her to wobble and try to catch her balance. He skated around her, showing off his skating skills.

"Booth!" She began to lose her balance even more.

Booth quickly skated up and held her tight, pulling her close to his chest.

Brennan laughed lightly, blushing uneasily, "Why did you let go?"

"I--I don't know," he said.

It was so different, having him wrapped around her, and her wrapped around him. "You lied to me, Booth."

"Me?" He grinned.

"You told me that I wasn't a bad skater. You lied."

"I may have stretched the truth a bit," he said, his voice growing dangerously husky.

"A bit?"

"Bones, I-- Yeah, I lied," he admitted.

She laughed, which made Booth smile wider. They still couldn't let go of one another. The lights from the disco ball overhead sparkled around them like a million stars.

"But... only because..." Booth said, his lips growing nearer to hers.

"Yeah?" Was the only thing she could squeak out. The closeness of Booth to her, made the heat rise from beneath her sweater. All sense of coherent thought quickly fled her mind as he drew slowly closer to her.

"Because..."

They could both hear their hearts beating in their ears. Beating. Throbbing. Thud-thud-thud, as their lips came within millimeters of each other.

When their lips finally brushed and Brennan had made the resolve to let Seeley Booth kiss her and she would most definitely do the same, her skates slipped from beneath her, going beneath Booth's legs, taking them both to the ice with a cold hard thud.

"Your arm!" Brennan said immediately, checking his cast.

Booth groaned and rolled over, "My head." He reached over and held it with one hand.

She smiled, leaning over him. "How many fingers do you see?" She held out two over his eyes.

"Twelve."

"You're going to be OK," she smiled.

They looked at one another and began to laugh.

What a pair, indeed.
---
One more chap. Wink
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:58 am

Oh, Please moore. I cant wait for more. Smile Oh ... Sad Smile
I am so loving your work and you know that Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:02 am

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee love Very Happy Keep going Smile
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:18 am

An almost-kiss...Hurray! cheers
Slippy on the ice...darn! Razz
More...c'mon...we want wakey wakey eggs and bakey Booth to come a knockin' on her door! Very Happy
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:29 am

Thank you all for reading!!! Very Happy

Part XXVII

The pounding of their hearts grew louder in her ears.

Thud-Thud-Thud!

Thud-Thud-Thud!

Brennan woke up. The room was still chilly and she wasn't on the rink any more.

Growing more conscious of where she was, she stood up and crossed the room to the peephole. Looking through it, she could only see something fuzzy and black.

"Bones, it's me."

"Booth," she said, sliding the lock over and opening the door.

Booth did indeed stand on the other side of the door. He was wearing his casual clothes. A tight tee that just begged to be torn off, jeans, jacket, and a cocky grin. His hands were hidden behind his back.

"What do you want, Booth?" She asked, leaning against the door.

"I'd like to be invited in," he smiled.

She couldn't help but to smile, too. She let him past. He entered, hands still behind his back.

She ignored that. "How'd you know I was here?"

Booth smiled and walked up to her, hands in pockets. "I know you, Bones."

Brennan felt a little offended at that comment. "What? You didn't think that I'd go out?"

Booth smiled, "I just know my Bones."

"What's behind your back?" She asked.

Booth was quick to change the subject, "Jeez, Bones. It's cold in here."

"I think my heater's broken. I'll have to call the manager in the morning."

"I'll start you a fire. You do have a fireplace, don't you?"

"Yes." They walked over to the fireplace just as the radio personality announced another slow ballad. "What's behind your back?"

Booth smiled, knowing it was the right time to give her her gift. Besides, he can't make a fire and hold onto it at the same time. He smiled and held it out for Brennan.

She took one look at it and crossed her arms, with one eyebrow shooting straight up.

"What?" Booth asked, laughing. "Would you rather have chocolate?"

"You talked to Angela, didn't you?"

"What? About what, Bones?"

After a beat, Brennan said, "You didn't... talk to Angela?"

"Only about the case."

"Oh." Then the smile reappeared. Of course Booth would know her that well. Daffodil, Daisy, Jupiter... potted plants. She reached out and took the little pink pot from Booth's hand. The little pot held a single Christmas cactus with a pink bow on it. "A cactus?"

"Low maintenance," Booth explained. "I figured with your job and travels that you could skip a few waterings and it won't just shrivel up on you."

"But... not flowers or chocolate?" Brennan asked, a little accusingly.

"Why would I get you something that will just die on you... or add to your untimely death," Booth said rather laughingly.

"And you didn't talk to Angela?"

"No, Bones. Why?"

Brennan decided to let it drop. "Never mind."

Booth just smiled and squatted beside the fire place where he began to stack kindling and newspaper.

He looked up after the fire had finally caught, lighting up the room in flickering luminescence. He could still feel Brennan watching him. "What Bones?" He stood.

"What's his name?"

"What?" Booth asked.

"Oh come on, Booth. I know you as well as you apparently know me. And I know that you named the cactus." She smiled teasingly.

Booth sighed and took a step towards her. "Valentino."

"Wow. That's a good name, Booth."

"I figured it fit. Nice PJs by the way."

She'd nearly forgotten what she was wearing, "Oh. Angela bought these for me last year."

"They're cute, Bones," he said softly. His eyes wandered for a split second.

A second passed where they were just looking at one another. The tension had to be cut somehow.

"Thank... you..." She replied. "I'll--I'll just--" She sat the cactus on a nearby table as the radio switched tempo with a new ballad.

She turned around and Booth was there.

Was he hovering? "What?" She asked.

"Dance with me," he said in a low sexy voice.

"Huh?" She swallowed hard.

"Righteous Brothers, Bones. I'm pretty sure it's a sin not to ask a woman to dance to Unchained Melody."

"Booth, that's quite possibly the cheesiest song ever." She began to roll her eyes when she felt his hand slide down her sleeve and stop at her fingers.

"Dance with me, Bones." He smiled, then said in a sing-song voice, "Been a while."

It had indeed been a while. And it wasn't like they hadn't danced before. They'd danced before with no funny business. This was just like any other time.

Except this time she wanted him and he wanted her. A romantic melody was playing and the low light of the fire lit up the room. Other than that, nothing's changed.

"OK."

He walked her a few steps out, into the middle of the room and spun her into him.

She let one hand rest on his shoulder, he held her right hand.

I've hungered for your touch...

His own right hand slid up and settled on the small of her back, nearly taking her breath away. If he wasn't there to support her, it was quite possible that the spinning in her head would have taken her down.

Being so close to him was so inviting and warm and perfect... What was she thinking? They were partners. But she was also an anthropologist, and as an anthropologist, it was safe to say that her partner was drop-dead gorgeous and it was also safe to say that she loved feeling him pulling her closer, his hand caressing her lower back through her flannel pajamas. She loved the fact that he was barefoot and she was barefoot and in being so, he was much taller than she'd realized when she wore heels and he wore his own shoes.

And time can do so much...

How long had they been standing there? Neither had taken initiative to move. Instead, they both stood. Holding each other. The music had blurred, the lights had lowered. Why was it so hard to think? Was it because of his left hand whose fingers were basically having hand-sex with her hand, making slow circles in her palm, threading deeply between her fingers, making her want to throw him to the ground (in a good way), or was it because of the other hand that crept northward ever so slowly, or was it the fact that his warm breath was tickling the soft tendrils that curled against her neck. Every touch, though small, was also large. And all she wanted to do was let her fingers stroke his neck, let her lips touch his neck, touch his his lips, his chest. And for a fleeting second, she wondered what he would taste like if she ran her tongue along his neck. Oh. Self-control was becoming a fleeting thing.

I need your love...

That was it. It was time to stop whatever it was that they were doing.

She had rested her cheek against his, feeling his grow warm as hers had. She quickly pulled back to look into his eyes and discuss this logically. Whatever this was. Adrenaline, serotonin, dopamine, the fact that she hadn't had sex in twelve weeks, and that he smelled so dang sexy, spicy and so... so Booth...

Wrong thing to do. The moment she tried to look into his eyes was the moment their noses brushed and her heart began to speed up.

Booth had wanted to hold her in his arms for so long. What if he kissed her and she later found out about Payton? What if she thought that she was a rebound girl? But would he kick himself for turning down the opportunity to kiss his beautiful partner?

He resolved to himself that he would do the honorable thing and not kiss her. Although his lips were so close he could practically taste her. He'd be a gentleman.

"Booth," she whispered.

"Hmm?" he whispered back.

"Kiss me."

He didn't need it spelled out by a sky writer.

He closed the distance quickly. His lips met hers. Hers met his. From moment one, it was passionate. She slid both hands behind his neck. He took that opportunity to let both hands wander up her back, feeling every muscle through the soft cottony fabric. Was she not wearing a bra!?

That wasn't the best part, though. It was tasting her one more time, feeling her tongue entering his mouth without reservation, running across his tongue, sipping at his tongue, sucking, nibbling.

And for Brennan, if she had realized what an amazing kisser Seeley Booth was earlier, she would have tackled him back in 2005.

They finally broke the kiss, breathing heavily, faces flushed, hearts thumping, hormones flooding.

"Kiss me again," she muttered.

Booth just smiled, then he pulled her close, whispering, "G-d, I love you!" and kissed her again.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:29 am

OMG! I love you. That was awesome. squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's even more Smile Great writing once again Very Happy
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 am

That was the end, though. I really need to start writing that at the end lol. Thanks for reading, Nicole! I'm glad that you're back!!! ;D
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 am

sooooooooooo sweet and hot
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:24 pm

Thank you Venti Girl! Is that your little bub in the bathtub? What a beautiful baby!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:58 pm

OMG. I can't believe this. You are definetly torturing me. Hmmm. And i believe you are enjoying it! Baad bad girl. Stop in the middle of smut. Smile Buuuh Sad

I am loving this and i favourited you in Fanfiction.net Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by CheeseBK Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm

awwwwwwww very sweet.
CheeseBK
CheeseBK
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3762
Say What You Want : don't provoke the lunatic!
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks, Mama. Yes that cutie is my son, although that pic is when he is a year old. He 2 1/2 now.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:43 am

My little girl at the end of November. Very Happy Bathtub pics are always the best lol! So cute! Very Happy

Here's a picture of my dd:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetie_dude Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 am

Adorable. As always Very Happy
sweetie_dude
sweetie_dude
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:56 am

She's getting big... wearing 2T/24 month clothes now!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 am

Awwwwwwww so sweet. I am jealous girl clothes are soooooo much cuter and varied. I have a son and 3 nephews, not a girl anywhere to buy frilly things for.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:04 am

Aww that stinks. No girls! I was afraid I wouldn't have a daughter b/c DH is one of three boys and I have six nephews and one niece lol.

On little boys, I always coo over the little 3 piece suits and sweater vests and those jumper-shorts! So cute! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:36 am

i do the sweater vest thing for holidays and occasions.

when i was pregnant i was terrified i would have twins, (twins run in my moms family and my hubby had 4 kids when i met him so i thought 5 kids in on house was more than enough), i didn't relax until i had my first ultrasound.
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:59 am

Hahaha... lol. I can't blame you. I'd be worried sick, too!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum