Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Ryan O'Neal Situation

Go down

Update on Ryan O'Neal Situation Empty Update on Ryan O'Neal Situation

Post by ForensicMama Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:42 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Los Angeles (E! Online) - What Redmond O'Neal called a "major misunderstanding" is starting to make a little more sense.
ADVERTISEMENT

The 23-year-old son of Ryan O'Neal and Farrah Fawcett, who was arrested along with his dad last month on suspicion of methamphetamine possession, was ordered into a two-week treatment program Wednesday after admitting that he had relapsed.

"You're a stand-up guy to come here and deal with your problem," Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Scott Millington told Redmond, who also checked into rehab in 2004 to treat a heroin addiction. "I want you to stay clean…You better stay clean or the hammer is going to fall."

An attorney for the O'Neals didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

No criminal charges have been filed against either Redmond or his dad in connection with their Sept. 17 bust at the elder O'Neal's Malibu home during a routine probation checkup. Officers allegedly found Redmond to be in possession of what looked like meth, as well as a small vial of the stuff in his father's bedroom.

At the time of their arrest, Redmond was about two months into a three-year probation sentence for DUI and possessing heroin and crystal meth.

Ryan O'Neal has maintained his innocence in the affair, his lawyer telling reporters that his client would no doubt be vindicated.

"Those were not Ryan's drugs, he doesn't use drugs, and has nothing to do with them," attorney Mark Werksman said. "It's a dangerous assumption for deputies to have arrested Ryan just because he was in proximity to the drugs."

Redmond, meanwhile, characterized the situation as a "major misunderstanding. "Life goes on, you know," he told a pack of paparazzi who followed him home from a market the day after his arrest. "It's all I have for you, really...If I knew more, I'd tell you more."
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down