Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAG latest release as of 9/17

2 posters

:: News

Go down

SAG latest release as of 9/17 Empty SAG latest release as of 9/17

Post by suzyquzy Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:21 am

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SAG MEMBERS SUPPORT NEGOTIATING TEAM
87.27% SAY NO WAY TO THE AMPTP’S JUNE 30 OFFER

Los Angeles, September 17, 2008 - The Screen Actors Guild National Negotiating Committee met today and was given the results of the SAG mail-in poll by National Executive Director and Chief Negotiator, Doug Allen.

87.27% of the10,298 SAG members who responded to the poll said the union should continue bargaining in an effort to achieve a fair contract. 12.73% of those who responded said they would accept the terms presented in the AMPTP’s June 30th offer to SAG.

Postcards were mailed to 103,630 paid-up SAG members on August 28 with a return deadline of September 15, with a 9.94% return. Postcard return statistics matched almost exactly the geographic distribution of SAG members, with 56.07% of the responses from Hollywood, 20.83% from NY, and 23.10% from regional branch members.
suzyquzy
suzyquzy
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

SAG latest release as of 9/17 Empty Re: SAG latest release as of 9/17

Post by shopgirl909 Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:07 am

What does all this mean? I know we should care about what is going on, but I am confused about what is good and what is bad. Any way you could break it down for us?? Talk to me like I am in kindergarten!
shopgirl909
shopgirl909
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 401
Location : San Diego, CA...though I wish it were London...*sigh*
Say What You Want : I want to be able to see more of the world.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down