Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia

3 posters

Go down

Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia Empty Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:50 pm

Okay so most of you would know, no doubt thanks to my complaining, that Bones has not been at all popular down under. So as I was reading the Green Guide this week what I saw almost made my eyes bug out of my head! Last week we made it into the top 20 (for the fist time ever!) with a National Audience of 1.29 million viewers, which placed it 14th on the list. The episode was Knight on the Grid.

Now that might not seem like much, but the top reigning show Packed to the Rafters averaged 1.89 million. So it did well. In Melbourne it came it at 19th with 404, 000 viewers (of which I was one very enthusiastic viewer Laughing ).

Lets hope that now people have realised how great it is the show can continue to gain an audience. Most of this is thanks to 7 finally putting it in a decent time slot (9:30pm on Mondays) and giving it a great lead in, City Homicide (2nd nationally with an audience of 1.85 million). GO BONES!

For those of you that are interested here is the top 20 from last week (with stations which aired them and country of origin)

1. Packed to the Rafters (7) (Aus) - 1.89 million
2. City Homicide - rpt (7) (Aus) - 1.85m
3. Find My Family (7) (Aus) - 1.815m
4. Border Security (7) (Aus) - 1.814m
5. RSPCA Animal Rescue (7) (Aus) - 1.813m
6. The Force (7) (Aus) - 1.73m
7. 60 Minutes (9) (Aus) - 1.68m
8. National Nine News - Sun (9) (Aus) - 1.63m
9. Seven News - Sun (7) (Aus) - 1.49m
10. Seven News - Mon-Fri (7) (Aus) - 1.48m
11. Medical Emergency (7) (Aus) - 1.42m
12. Two and a Half Men - Wed - rpt (9) (USA) - 1.37m
13. Today Tonight (7) (Aus) - 1.32m
14. Bones (7) (USA) - 1.29m
15. Crash Investigation Unit (7) (Aus) - 1.287m
16. Battlefronts (9) (Aus) - 1.286m
17. Seven News - Sat (7) (Aus) - 1.284m
18. NCIS - rpt (10) (USA) - 1.280m
19. Criminal Minds (7) (USA) - 1.258m
20. Spicks and Specks (ABC1) (Aus) - 1.252m

Last edited by squirtandmilo on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia Empty Re: Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:32 pm

Wow!!!!!! I love hearing that Bones is big down under! Yes!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia Empty Re: Bones makes it into national top 20! - Australia

Post by clairebear_nz Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Yay! Maybe then we'll actually get the region 4 Season 3 DVDs within a year of the season finishing here Laughing (For those in America, New Zealand finished season 2 a few weeks after you and we *still* haven't gotten the season 2 DVDs yet because of the damned Australians...)
clairebear_nz
clairebear_nz
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 677

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:23 am

What!!!??? You haven't gotten it yet? Can you order it overseas?
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by clairebear_nz Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:51 am

Erm...you can but it's the wrong region. My DVD player only plays region 4, which is the Pacific I think, so Aussie, NZ and the Pacific Islands. There's only 4 million people in NZ so they've been holding off releasing it until Australia's seen season 2. It comes out on October 8th, supposedly!

ETA: Region 4 is Oceania (Australasia, which is Aussie and NZ, plus Micronesia/Melanesia/Polynesia), Central and South America, the Caribbean and Mexico.
clairebear_nz
clairebear_nz
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Yup, it's all our fault. Well Channel 7s. I think it was a pretty good achievement to debut at number 14, even though it sure has been a long time coming... Laughing
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by clairebear_nz Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:32 pm

squirtandmilo wrote:Yup, it's all our fault. Well Channel 7s. I think it was a pretty good achievement to debut at number 14, even though it sure has been a long time coming... Laughing

Damned that Channel 7! I'm not happy with them!!! I haven't been for months! I want Bones Season 2! But yay! Australians have embraced good TV, the New Zealand contingent celebrates this achievement!
clairebear_nz
clairebear_nz
Doctor
Doctor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down