Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corpse in the Caribbean B/B, Angst, K+

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Corpse in the Caribbean B/B, Angst, K+ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Corpse in the Caribbean B/B, Angst, K+

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Chapter 25

Booth stood up, a smirk on his face. He'd wanted to hit Sully for a long time, but couldn't find an excuse to. "I'll go down below and get you some TP." He offered.

Sully stood up, grasping his nose. "No, no. I'll do it. Sit." He walked toward the cabin and went inside.

Booth sat beside Bones on the boat. He playfully tugged at her bikini bottom. She pushed him away with a smile on her face.

"Thanks." He said simply with his charm smile turned on.

"For what?"

"For breaking Sully's nose. I've been wanting to do that for a couple of years now."

"Why?" She smiled. She knew why, though.

"Because... He had you when I wanted you most. Then he was blind enough to let you go like that. Any man who's that stupid deserves to be put down."

Brennan leaned close and kissed him. "You have me now."

"Do you think he drowned in there?" Booth asked. It had been a few minutes since Sully went down below deck.

"Maybe one of us should check on him?"

Booth stood up. "I'll do it." No way was he going to present any opportunity for Sully to be alone with Bones.

Temperance watched him walk out of sight, but after he was only a few steps away, she hopped to her feet and walked after him.

A deafening noise shook the earth and made her pick up her feet until she was running after him. It was only a few steps, but it felt like a mile away.

The gun shot echoed throughout the island. Shearwaters and petrels took to the air, their wings spread as they fled from the frightening noise which reverberated from the trees and cliffs that surrounded the bay. Agent Booth fell to his back and clutched his shoulder. Blood pumped and flowed with every beat of his heart.

Booth held out his hand and stared at it. His hand was soaked in blood... so much blood! How could that injury produce so much blood? Temperance leaned over Booth and put pressure on his wound. Her face was moist with sweat, her eyes were already filling with tears. "Your brachial artery... he shot it. Oh, G*d where's the nearest hospital?" Temperance held Booth in her arms and his head on her chest. She only felt this fear once before... She never wanted to feel it again. She was able to tell herself before that she had lost a partner, but this time she couldn't make that distinction to herself. This time she was losing more than a partner. She couldn't lie to herself again.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Corpse in the Caribbean B/B, Angst, K+ - Page 2 Empty Re: The Corpse in the Caribbean B/B, Angst, K+

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Chapter 26

Booth fell into Brennan's arms. She held him close to her heart. She did not know if this was the last time she would ever hold him again. She looked up into the face of the gunman. His lips scowled, his green eyes burned.

Bones tried to cover Booth's body with hers, as if to protect him. "Who are you?" She asked.

The man paced in front of her as he loaded a new shell into his shotgun. "Names aren't important, Dr. Brennan. Let's just say, we share an acquaintance." The man took his time as he loaded the shell.

Booth's breathing became labored.

"Were you hired to kill us?" Temperance asked.

The man, a tall man with greasy brown hair and yellow-green eyes stopped for a moment and looked up. "I suppose you won't be telling anyone anytime soon. Yes."

Bones looked at Booth. His eyes begged for help. She mouthed the words "It's OK" to him. "Governor Black, right?"

"Names aren't important, Dr. Brennan." The man answered. He finished loading the weapon, clicked it together and aimed it at Temperance.

"Good-bye, Dr. Brennan." He growled.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Chapter 27

Below deck, Agent Sullivan regained consciousness after hearing a gunshot. He tasted the salty flavor of blood in his mouth. A man had been waiting below deck for him. Before he knew what was happening, he hit him over the head with a hard object and tied him up.

Sully overheard the conversation. Temperance asked who he was. The man said that names did not matter. Sully struggled to loosen the rope that bound his wrists and ankles.

Then he heard a click and their conversation continued.

Sully hopped to his feet and over to the door. With four of his fingers that were free, he turned the handle of the cabin door slowly. Bright sunlight blinded him at first. He blinked and saw the gunman raise his shotgun to his eye.

"Good-bye, Dr. Brennan."

With all of his might, Sully jumped forward and pulled the man off his balance. The man fell forward and the gun flung from his hands.

The man struggled to his feet. With this opening, Brennan jumped to her feet and kicked the man in his chin, making him fall to the ground again.

With Sully tied up and Booth losing consciousness, Bones knew she had no choice but to win this fight... despite wearing nothing but a bikini. The man tried to stand to his feet. Brennan threw the hardest punch she could and the man fell once again to the ground. For a moment, he flailed on the ground like a fish. Then he reached for the gun that was beside him.

Hodgins and Angela watched the first part of the fight from the water. Hodgins quietly swam to the front of the boat and clamored aboard.

The man backed Bones up against the back of the boat. Bones raised her arms in the air, not quite knowing what her next move would be.

The man was breathing hard and was furious. "You made a big mistake, lady."

With his last bit of strength, Booth reached out his leg and kicked the gunman's shin. His reaction was to bend over and reach for his leg. After regaining his control, he stood up once again and raised his rifle.

Hodgins, with his oxygen tank in hand, swung with all of his might and made contact with the back of the man's head. He fell to the ground.

Hodgins stood for a moment, breathing hard and looking curiously at the body at his feet. "Who was he?" He asked.

"Somebody who chose the wrong people to mess with, obviously." Brennan answered. She tried to smile, but frankly she was still shaken. Her eyes fell on Booth who was still fighting to stay awake.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:56 pm

Chapter 28

Temperance closed her eyes. Her head rested on the edge of the white cotton sheets of the hospital bed. Her fingers were interlaced with Booth's as he slept quietly, peacefully. The only sound in the room was the beeping of a heart monitor. In the darkness, her thoughts were her only company. She was no longer afraid she would lose Booth. She was very afraid eight hours before, though.

She remembered the time that Booth faked his death. She was afraid and angry. After that night on the stage when he was shot, she came home to her empty apartment. There was nothing but darkness and it reminded her of her humanity, her loneliness, and how empty her life would be without her partner. She was ashamed, then, that leaned her back against the door as tears ran down her face and she openly wept. She slid down the door and rested her face between her knees.

She remembered that time. It was such a lonely time. And once again she found herself in the same situation. The same fear, but no sadness. She knew in her heart that this story would have a different ending. That she would not go home alone. That's why she refused to go leave his bedside.

She wondered how the darkness could be so frightening, yet so comforting all at once. Temperance squeezed the warm hand that rested in hers, and in return she received a firm squeeze.

"Booth?" She whispered, almost afraid that it was her imagination.

"Bones." He answered, his voice hardly above a grovelly whisper. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I would be if you hadn't run into that bullet." She laughed softly.

Booth laughed in return... very softly, trying not to jolt his injury. "Uuuuh," he complained as he shifted in his bed.

Temperance stood up and helped him sit up straighter. "Does it hurt?"

"Just a scratch."

"Not many scratches require blood transfusions."

"Or stitches, either."

"They arrested Senator Black a few hours ago."

"Good... Hey, thanks... Thanks for saving my life."

"We all did it. We're a team. But for the record, you're welcome."

Booth smiled. "It's my turn next, right?"

"Your turn for what?"

"To save your life."

Bones took a moment to think about that comment. "When somebody loves you, Booth, they don't tally."

Booth laughed. "What? Are you saying I don't love you because I tallied?"

"No. I'm just saying we have the right to go out of order."

"For the record... it's fifteen-thirteen. I'm ahead." Booth flashed a teasing grin. Bones laughed and without thinking about it, hit his shoulder. "Ah, Bones!"

"Sorry." She leaned forward and kissed the bandage on his upper arm.

"You missed."

"What?"

"You missed." Booth puckered up exaggeratedly. Temperance moved closer and kissed his forehead, then kissed his nose--yes, people do kiss each others' noses, then she kissed his lips.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:36 pm

Whoa. I love the story. As usual Smile
You know, how to write an interesting story. I loved that one:)
especially the beach and the hiding of relationship... Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Hehehe! I'm so glad you loved it! And I love the picture in your siggy!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks Very Happy I love it too... It is like a fairytale Very Happy
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 am

Awww thank you so much! I love that compliment! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum