Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys

3 posters

Go down

If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys Empty If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys

Post by Memphis Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Here's Another SongFic

It's to If I Don't Make It Back by Tracy Lawrence...

It's written through Booth's point of view...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The drive here had been a long one. Barely any traffic touched the road as I followed the line to my best friends hometown. I smiled with pride as I watched all the people standing on the side of the road, flags in hand, hands over their chest. As much as this was a sad day, it still could make any person burn with pride to see the support of our fine country.

We finally arrived to our destination and I preceded to my spot. I walked silently in step as we led the dark oak casket to its resting spot. On the outside, my face showed somber. On the inside, I was grief stricken. If there was one thing in life that I would never quite understand, it was the fact that you could be alive and fine one day, but gone the next.

The wind blew strong as the priest began the eulogy. Not wanting to look down at the casket, I looked towards the skies. There was an overcast, dark and light gray clouds floated around without a care in the world. The leave's were beginning to fall from the tree's and a single raindrop fell, landing on my cheek. 'God's crying.' I thought to myself as my thoughts slivered back to four months prior.

*Flashback*
-----------------

Jason, Travis, Mikey, & I had received our orders just three days ago and would be leaving for Kuwait in the morning. None of us wanted to go back. None of us needed to. It was our duty and, no matter how much we didn't want to go, it was our honor as well.

As with most soldiers, we took the liberty of going bar hopping the day before our deployment. We only hit three bars before getting hungry and deciding that a restraunt would be good for us. Now we all sat quietly eating our dinner, an occasional conversation striking up. Jokes here, memories there.

"Jason, you remember that chick Booth here was trying to hollar at?" Travis asked. Jason only shook his head. He had been quiet most of the night.

"You mean that Navy chick?" Mikey asked.

"Yea. Remember when she found out he was an Army Ranger, she proceeded to kick his arse?"

"No she didn't." I protested.

"Dude, come on!" Travis laughed. "That woman was trying to start a wa-"

He didn't have to finish his sentence. We all knew what he was about to say and to that, we all grew quiet. None of wanted to think about it. All we wanted to do was go home and never look back.

After a moment, I spoke up. "We got to be safe and efficient over there guys. Keep our minds on getting through with our duties so we can come home. I can't lose you guys. You're my family and I love ya'll."

"Awe, we'll be fine, Booth. We're snipers." Travis replied.

"Not all of us our snipers, T." Jason stated, quietly. Another round of silence. Jason held up his beer bottle as tears filled his eyes and he said, "Boys, if I don't make it back have a beer for me. Don't waste no tears on me. On Friday nights, sit on the visitor's side and cheer for the home team. Drive my camero ninety miles an hour down a red rock road with 'Born To Run' blasting on the radio. And find someone good enough for Cam who will love her like I would have, if I don't make it back."

We were all speechless. None of us knowing what to say to our best buddy, our brother in arms. I took a deep breathe, contemplating my next words. "Hey man, that ain't gonna happen. Don't even talk like that. If we know you, you'll pull through without a scratch." Noone said anything as our minds whirled with what might happen over there.

"Alright you guys. Oh four hundred comes dark and early. I think we should hit the rack." Travis said, standing up from his seat.

I was trying to make my way to the cab when I felt someone grab me and pull me aside.

"Booth...Seeley..Cam and me were gonna tie the knot. You're my best man. Just wanted you to know that. Just in case, I don't make it back. "

I grabbed Jason in a tight hug. "I love ya, man. Don't worry. You'll be just fine."

*Present*
-------------

It was hard for me to believe that two short weeks ago, Jason was still here with us.

A cool wind blew against me. My fresh wounds began to ache. My feet felt like they had on that day. No matter how bad my wounds, none of it was bad compared to that of Jason's. I relived our captivity every night.

I stood silently as his casket was laid into the ground, said my last goodbyes, and began to tread my way back to my truck.

Five Years Later
----------------------

It was Jason that changed my whole world. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be here today. Rebecca had gotten pregnant with Parker soon after my return stateside. After countless times of me asking her to marry her and her rejecting me, I decided to become and F.B.I. Agent.

Travis, Mikey, & I still take the camero out every Friday night. Two years ago, we blew the speakers in it. We haven't missed a home game yet. Plenty of people have tried to have us removed from the grounds, but, after stating our cause, the visitor's team, well some of them, joined in with us.

I've now worked with the Jeffersonian Institute in Washington D.C. for four years. Everyday is a new experience for me. Bones reminds me so much of Jason and that keeps me on my toes.

Cam? Well, she's Cam. After Jason's death, we kind of fell to each other. It was bad. I now know this. I tried to keep her going the best that I could and, eventually she became a police officer. She later became a coroner and now she works at the Jeffersonian as the head of the Forensic's Division. We had a romantic relationship once more, but, it came to an end when she was almost killed. To this day, I still blame myself for that. I had introduced her to a friend of mine here in D.C., but she's still not quite ready.

"Booth? Are you here?" I heard that familiar voice ring out through my apartment. A few seconds later, she appeared on my balcony.

"Geez, Bones. Don't you knock?" I asked. She'd never know it, but secretly, I didn't care.

"I did. Why are you out here at 9 at night and why are you drin-Is that a Miller Light?" She asked.

"Yes."

"You don't like Miller Light."

"No, I don't, but I drink it every now and then, in his honor."

"In whose honor?"

"Never mind, Bones. Never mind." I replied. She stood there for a moment in silence. I took in her presence. She was a beautiful one, strange at times, but beautiful nonetheless. I grabbed a beer out of the cooler and handed it to her. "Join me?"

"Sure." She stated simply as she grabbed the beer, sat down beside me, and opened it. After a moment of silence, she raised her bottle up and said, "In his honor.."

The End!!!!

Last edited by thatmemphischik on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 154
Say What You Want : Hmm..I'm very down to earth!! I'm in LOVE with Justin Timberlake! Music is my life!! I'm learning how to play guitar! I'm very opinionated and I speak my mind. Anything else?? Just ask....
Registration date : 2008-07-19

http://www.myspace.com/ginalanae

Back to top Go down

If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys Empty Re: If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys

Post by ForensicMama Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm

OH my gosh! That was beautiful. I loved it very much. Last December was my brother's military funeral. It kind of brought some memories back. Even a picture of him and his buddies sitting around drinking beer lol. And then to read more about how he and Cam got to know one another. I like that scenario. It's sweet. I've always kind of imagined that they were friends for years. And then at the end with Bones. It was very sweet. I just loved it! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys Empty Re: If I Don't Make It Back..A Song Fic By Memphys

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 am

awe....thanks..

I'm sorry to hear about your brother!! He did a great service to our country!! Never forget that! May he rest in peace...

I also did another song fic called A Song Fic By Memphis on here
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : Hmm..I'm very down to earth!! I'm in LOVE with Justin Timberlake! Music is my life!! I'm learning how to play guitar! I'm very opinionated and I speak my mind. Anything else?? Just ask....

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:38 am

I'll have to go search for it. Very Happy

And thank you. It doesn't hurt nearly as much... it still does... but it's been nearly a year. I hate to sound cold, but it has improved dramatically. It just sucks that he's buried in Georgia (We're in OR).
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:46 am

Oh wow, that's a really long way....

you don't sound cold at all...

my best friend who was KIA in 04 is buried about 350 miles away..that's a lot shorter distance than from OR to GA, and it's not my brother...but I still kind of understand...
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:35 am

No, I think you understand perfectly. Honestly, Sean and I weren't very close when he died. I had distanced myself from him because he was temperamental and had a lot of my dad's characteristics. I wish I had looked past all of that, though, while he was alive. He was funny and sweet (when he wanted to be) lol.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:36 am

lol..I think there's a person that each of us wishes we would have looked past their faults.

So, what are you doing tonight??
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 pm

Yeah, that's very true.

Oh, just sitting here making billions of avatars because I have nothing better to do... lol. Very Happy What are you up to?
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:57 pm

Writing the two song fics down in my journal...Very Happy..

I just helped my cousin dye her hair
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:40 pm

All in a day's work for Memphis Chick! Very Happy Make sure you post your song fics! You're a fabulous writer!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:04 pm

Awe..thanks mama!! That makes me feel really really good in a time that's not too good for me!!!!

BUT...don't forget yourself....you know as well as I know that you, yourself, are a fantastic writer!!!
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Aww thanks! I should get Anna to bed. She's getting tired and cranky. lol...
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:54 pm

awe...lol...well while you're at it...I'm getting kinda tired and cranky too??? haha..Tuck me in??? j/k
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:22 pm

LOL now I'm the cranky one. Anna took a short nap and now she's up and wild again. Argh. She has crazy schedules!!!

Sure, I'll tuck you in, in a purely a-sexual, non-lesbian manner. hahahaha
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 am

lol...poor mama...

yea...got tucked in...!!! slept good..haha

argh..i have to work today..but it's a short schedule...11:30-5 and I'm off tomorrow for Bones DAY!!!
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Illyria Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:07 am

Very nice! Just read this on the BY last night. Glad you posted it here as well!
Illyria
Illyria

Number of posts : 10
Say What You Want : Sunnydale Class of '99 totally kicked some ascention ass!
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Memphis Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:39 am

Thank you!!!!

and I'm glad that you're glad that I posted it here...
Memphis
Memphis
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum