Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry!

+10
heirofloki
queen bess
lena152
Shakari
Kasper
willgirl
piratesmiley
Bella Loony
Illyria
ForensicMama
14 posters

Go down

HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry! Empty HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry!

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:12 pm

I never read, reply or repost these type of things but this one is a cut above the rest...

Just in case you need some writing inspiration. Every year, English teachers from across the USA can submit their collections of actual analogies and metaphors found in high school essays. These excerpts are published each year to the amusement of teachers across the country. Here are last year's winners:

1. Her face was a perfect oval, like a circle that had its two sides gently compressed by a Thigh Master.

2. His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

3. He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.

4. She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli, and he was room temperature Canadian beef.

5. She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.

6. Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

7. He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.

8. The revelation that his marriage of 30 years had disintegrated because of his wife's infidelity came as a rude shock, like a surcharge at a formerly surcharge-free ATM machine.

9. The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.

10. McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty bag filled with vegetable soup.

11. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in anothercity and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30.

12. Her hair glistened in the rain like a nose hair after a sneeze.

13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.

14. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

15. They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan's teeth.

16. John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

17. He fell for her like his heart was a mob informant, and she was the East River.

18. Even in his last years, Granddad had a mind like a steel trap, only one that had been left out so long, it had rusted shut.

19. Shots rang out, as shots are wont to do.

20. The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.

21. The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.

22. He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

23. The ballerina rose gracefully en Pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.

24. It was an American tradition, like fathers chasing kids around with power tools.

25. He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry! Empty Re: HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry!

Post by Illyria Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:40 pm

22. He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame, maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

haha that was good
Illyria
Illyria

Number of posts : 10
Say What You Want : Sunnydale Class of '99 totally kicked some ascention ass!
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry! Empty Re: HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry!

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:48 am

Oh I know... I was laughing until I was crying with some of these! Laughing
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:59 am

Okay the Nancy Kerrigan, Grandpa's mind like a steel trap and my Simple plan-brother-in-law-Phil, were definitely the funniest, but that was HILARIOUS!!

Thanks so much for sharing, that made me laugh!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3452
Say What You Want : Family doesn't stop with blood.
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:39 am

I loved that BIL one, too. I can totally relate with my two brothers in law lol!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by piratesmiley Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:32 am

Oh, GOD. My generation is either totally clever, or completely idiotic. I almost want to go back through my fanfic and make sure I never said any of that...

That was hysterical, though. Even though it could've been me. Smile
piratesmiley
piratesmiley
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : "I can read people's auras." "What color is mine?" "Sunset-y. It's like a sunset. Congratulations, it's a really good color."

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:29 am

I love this one:

4. She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli, and he was room temperature Canadian beef.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Loony Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:23 pm

willgirl wrote:I love this one:

Haha, I loved that one too, but the only Canadian Beef I'm interested in is.....Ryan Reynolds!! Bwahahahahahahaha!!

Bella
Bella Loony
Bella Loony
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3452
Say What You Want : Family doesn't stop with blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:33 am

Oh my god, this is almost as funny as the Darwin awards and the Ig prizes. Number 11 was absolute gold because it's so true...

"11. From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you're on vacation in another city and Jeopardy comes on at 7:00 p.m. instead of 7:30."

And this one also:
"14. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph."
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:02 am

He was as tall as a six-foot, three-inch tree.

Hah, clever. *wiggles eyebrows*
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by lena152 Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:15 am

oh my god, that was sooo funny! thanks for posting!!
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 668
Say What You Want : DB on my kitchen floor! ;-)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by queen bess Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:39 am

Hehe...

|I now really want someone to write a fic using as many of these as possible...

So funny!
queen bess
queen bess
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17725
Say What You Want : demoted to countess...
Registration date : 2008-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by heirofloki Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:58 am

lol!

I think the icon says it best. Passersby might think I'm mad though. Laughing by myself in the staircase...Koo-koo!

heirofloki
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1343
Say What You Want : "Alright. The apocalypse is approaching and the world is ending, and the riders are coming at full speed, but before that happens, I want to give you an apartment. Tell me which one!"
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:10 pm

These are great! I see Zack and Jack demonstrating this one in the lab just to make Angela crinkle her face ...

13. The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:13 pm

I just noticed that I graduated from Newbie to Squint! Like a Star @ heaven Today's a good day!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shakari Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Haha!! I agree. I could so see them doing that, Cam standing over their shoulders, glaring disapprovingly... XD
Shakari
Shakari
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1117
Say What You Want : Jesus is NOT a zombie!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffernutter Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:54 am

God, these are so funny! I'm really wondering whether people are actually serious when they write these in their essays. Shocked
Fluffernutter
Fluffernutter
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5591
Location : 48% of day in school, 44% at home, 8% in transit between them
Say What You Want : Officially obsessed with fandom.
Registration date : 2008-06-16

http://fluffernutter8.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ111 Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:08 am

xD this was indeed sooo hilarious. xD *is still laughing*
BJ111
BJ111
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Say What You Want : Humanity Is Overrated
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 am

Those we're funny!!
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
HILARIOUS!!!! Just read. You won't be sorry! 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by BJ111 Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm

I found two more with google Very Happy

She walked into my office like a centipede with 98 missing legs.

It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
BJ111
BJ111
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 257
Say What You Want : Humanity Is Overrated
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down