Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Look @ The Premiere

5 posters

Go down

A Look @ The Premiere Empty A Look @ The Premiere

Post by ForensicMama Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:51 am

I found this article on Searching Bones. I don't visit that site very often, so it was posted on the 29th. I guess that wasn't too long ago. Anyhow, it's pretty interesting! Enjoy!

Bones: A Look at the Premiere

My editor, Arieanna Schwebber, got to screen the first two episodes (the two-part premiere) of Bones season 4. She’s been sworn to secrecy on the specifics of the plots, but she does offer us this insight into the new season’s dynamics. You can read Arieanna’s blog at Gilmore Girls News.

I had the very great pleasure of reviewing the screener for the two-part opening of Season 4 of Bones. "Yanks in the UK" is a two-part episode that will air on September 3, 2008 at 8pm on FOX.

In the opening of Season 4, Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Booth (David Boreanaz) have traveled to London for Brennan to guest-lecture at Oxford University. Booth also gave a speech at Scotland Yard, which he thought to be much more interesting. Although it’s clear that Booth doesn’t like London (coffee withdrawal!) at first, there are a few things that start to change his mind.

"Yanks in the UK" holds up a mirror to Booth & Bones with their British counterparts - Dr. Ian Wexler (Andrew Buchan) and Inspector Cate Pritchard (Indira Varma). But it’s not long before we see just how unique the relationship between Booth & Bones is, and how important it’s become for their work.

Dr. Ian Wexler, who’s quite taken with Dr. Brennan, invites her to help him investigate the murder of a young heiress. Given that the heiress’ father is a prominent US citizen, Booth leads up the investigation on behalf of the FBI. It was great to see Booth & Bones going up against a totally different police and social environment - the scenes with the aristocracy are hilarious. I thought they did very well under the circumstances!

The second part of the two-part opener picks up as Booth & Brennan are about to leave London. Sadly, another murder keeps them there. It’s in this part of the episode that some interesting dynamics to their relationship come forward - very good stuff!

Meanwhile, back in DC at the Jeffersonian, there’s just about as much drama going on! While they lend a hand solving the case in London, Angela (Michaela Conlin) gets a surprise visit from her estranged husband Birimbau (Sean Blakemore). Angela must convince him to get a divorce, which isn’t an easy thing, so that she can marry Hodgins (TJ Thyne). Oh, the storyline is so poignant! I wish I could tell you what’s going to happen, but it’s a really important element of the season.

Despite all the drama and the murder that we’ve come to expect from Bones, there is as much lightness and comedy as well. Booth supplies quite a bit of it, but he’s not alone in that. It’s a great start to the season.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Last edited by ForensicMama on Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

A Look @ The Premiere Empty Re: A Look @ The Premiere

Post by willgirl Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 am

Thanks for the post!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:43 pm

Oh, a good catch, mama! So something juicy can be expected in the second part of the season opener... Can't wait!! Thanks, mama, for the post!!
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:28 am

IS IT Wednesday YET?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by lena152 Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:16 am

not yet, but SOON!!!!!
Very Happy
lena152
lena152
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 668
Say What You Want : DB on my kitchen floor! ;-)
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:02 am

Oh my gosh!!!! I'm psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeee! I can't believe it's finally the week of the premiere! I've been counting down since.... FOREVER!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum