Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer Thread

+10
Nightowl
PIMP
THX1138
SnoopGirl
DBCrazy
A2BOREANAZ
ForensicMama
flyersfan35
riviera41797
RollOnFriday
14 posters

Go down

Prayer Thread Empty Prayer Thread

Post by RollOnFriday Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:10 am

Here is a thread where everyone can post prayers, wishes, or simply "amen". This thread is open for people with any or no religion, so join in ! It doesn't have to be anything deep, well-worded or personal Smile

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the members of the ABY. Thank you for bringing many different people from all over the world together in our community. Please give those strength that are having hard times + guide us through our lives day by day. Please give us good health + happiness, + Lord Jesus please be there for us when we need you. Thank you, Father Almighty, for loving + caring for us.

Amen.

Last edited by RollOnFriday on Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Prayer Thread Empty Re: Prayer Thread

Post by riviera41797 Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:00 am

awesome idea for a thread!

AMEN!
riviera41797
riviera41797
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1560
Say What You Want : I may not post a lot, but I am out there, lurking!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.twitter.com/aprilosbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:14 pm

Aw, rolfie, what an awesome idea!
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:46 am

Yeah! That's a great idea!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:00 am

Thanks, guys !

Dear Lord,
Thank you for loving us. Thank you for being our shield + our protector. Thank you for watching over + looking out for us. Thank you for the happiness that you give + the love that you spread.
Wonderful God, please show us the way to Heaven + to the loving arms of Jesus.

Amen.
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:12 am

well i myself am not religious..........but rolfie............hats off to you woman........you rock.............very nice...........once again it shows how mature you really are.............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:46 am

I'm getting upset about something and thought that I'd ask for prayers.

I'm guardian for my 2 nephews. They went to visit their mother (my ex-sister-in-law) for a couple of weeks and she put them on the plane for home last Wednesday afternoon. Several folks spoke with her that day and evening. And since then, nothing.

She was having trouble with her boyfriend. She has a significant drug history but had been doing well for a couple years now. But this is too long to be missing. I hate to speculate what may have happened ... so I just wanted to ask for prayers for her - her name is Janie.

No need to reply, just asking that you say a prayer if that's something you do.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:53 am

DBCrazy wrote:I'm getting upset about something and thought that I'd ask for prayers.

I'm guardian for my 2 nephews. They went to visit their mother (my ex-sister-in-law) for a couple of weeks and she put them on the plane for home last Wednesday afternoon. Several folks spoke with her that day and evening. And since then, nothing.

She was having trouble with her boyfriend. She has a significant drug history but had been doing well for a couple years now. But this is too long to be missing. I hate to speculate what may have happened ... so I just wanted to ask for prayers for her - her name is Janie.

You got it. Here's hoping she is OK.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:51 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I'm getting upset about something and thought that I'd ask for prayers.

You got it. Here's hoping she is OK.
Update: I just heard that Janie has shown back up. Definitely worse for the wear, but nonetheless alive and kickin'!

Thank you for your prayers!!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:19 am

I love the idea behind this thread, and though I rarely do something like this in a public forum I am moved to do so now.

Father in heaven, in your wisdom and mercy you have given me a good life, blessed me with a wonderful family and many dear friends. I pray now only that you watch over them, protect them from the inequeties of life, let them know love and happiness, give them joy in abundance and no more sorrows than are neccessary. For my mother and father, they are the best parents I could ever hope to have and more than my parents they are my friends and my heroes, for them I thank You. For my brother, his love for me is as true as any brother's could be and is constant even when our tempers are not, for him I thank You. For my nieces and nephews and all of my family, they are a strange and motley lot but they are mine and I would have no other in their place, for them I thank You. For my girlfriend, though I doubt I deserve a woman as beautiful and vibrant as her, still do I love her with my whole heart and ask only for her happiness and for the joy she brings me, for her I thank You. For the community of friends and fellow Bones enthusiasts here at the ABY, we are of many different ages, races, beliefs, and opinions and yet we are united in our common interest in this wonderful show, and for bringing them into my life and enriching it as they have, for them I thank You. Finally Lord I would like to ask for Your indulgence, that You might watch over them all, that You might shield them in Your grace and bless them, and that you might pay special attention to my brother, my niece Sloane, Ella, Sherry, Dawn, and Erika, for this I pray. Thy will be done and in Thy mercy may we reside, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

YIC, Robert Modean

Last edited by THX1138 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Me forget words)
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:51 pm

We can never say too many prayers.
We can never have too many prayers.

Thank you, Robert!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Oh God....I hope that fish was properly cooked...*burp*
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightowl Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:13 pm

I found this thread awhile ago, and I while I am not a praying man myself, I need to ask of a favour from those of you who are.
A friend lost his 13 year old daughter today. She has been fighting cancer since she was five years old, and had been in remission until earlier this summer. She lost her battle this morning.
She was one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever met, who made it her job to be an inspiration to others, while ignoring her own agony. She was truly an Angel before she even left this earth.
I ask those of you who can, to say a prayer for her family, to ease their pain somewhat. Her name is Krystianna, her suffering journey here is over, but her family is left to bear the grief and the absence of her smiling face.
Thank you for your prayers.
Nightowl
Nightowl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6901
Say What You Want : ~~~~~~~
BATMAN JUNK

Registration date : 2009-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:37 pm

I'd like to ask for a few prayers myself...for my Dad, who apparently has some form of b-cell lymphoma. Just diagnosed, so they don't even know which kind or what kind of treatment. He'd hate that I'm asking perfect strangers online (strangers to him, at least), but he can just suck it up.
...for my Mom who seemingly has the weight of the world on her shoulders now, fretting about Dad and me (no job, etc, etc) and her mother (just the business of getting old).

Many thanks.

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 am

dawnsfire wrote:I'd like to ask for a few prayers myself...for my Dad, who apparently has some form of b-cell lymphoma. Just diagnosed, so they don't even know which kind or what kind of treatment. He'd hate that I'm asking perfect strangers online (strangers to him, at least), but he can just suck it up.
...for my Mom who seemingly has the weight of the world on her shoulders now, fretting about Dad and me (no job, etc, etc) and her mother (just the business of getting old).

Many thanks.

queen
keeping positive thoughts for you and your family dawn.....*hugs*.........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:00 am

No names, no telling descriptions because I don't know if I can, but...

There are some of our very own fellow ABYers who are dealing with some pretty difficult things right now. If you're a praying person then please say a prayer; if you're a positive thinker then please send out some of those positive vibes. They are definitely needed now.

I love you
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:54 pm

Love this idea! You just don't find too many threads like this anywhere anymore.

My friend's brother has a brain tumor, and the doctors say he's only got about 6 months to live... He's only 15. I pray that he'll beat the tumor and live a long and happy life.

Amen
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:19 pm

For my BF, who's about to have surgery in a couple weeks, please! [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by HermioneGirl101 Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:30 pm

For a family at my church, who recently lost their 19 year old son.
For an elderly family friend, whose cancer has spread almost everywhere in her body.
For my best friend's godsister, who is doesn't understand that despite her Asperger's, she still has people who love her.
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm very sorry to hear that! I will pray for all the bones fans.
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:52 am

I would like to say a little prayer for everyone here at theABY. I have met alot of great people here, many who I know I will keep in touch with. I pray that everyone here find another place as wonderful as the was to find friends and talk about 'Bones'. Good luck to all of you in everything you do. It has been a pleasure being your administrator, moderator and friend.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:I would like to say a little prayer for everyone here at theABY. I have met alot of great people here, many who I know I will keep in touch with. I pray that everyone here find another place as wonderful as the was to find friends and talk about 'Bones'. Good luck to all of you in everything you do. It has been a pleasure being your administrator, moderator and friend.
In addition to wishing all my friends here a long, happy, and healthy life outside theABY, I'd like to second the hope and prayer that, though there'll never be another place as special as this one, that all here who seek find another home to talk about and share their thoughts on BONES.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:44 pm

Thank You! I think I can speak for all of us here when I say I hope all goes well for you both as well! And Thank you for making the aby a home away from home!
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down