Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus)

3 posters

Go down

Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus) Empty Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus)

Post by squirtandmilo Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Here is a review that appeared in The Age Green Guide for this week.

Critic's Review [Thursday 24th July]
Farah Farouque

What Television poltergeist has visited Angel? In Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the fun but shortlived spin-off Angel, actor David Boreanaz was the best tortured soul on the small screen. Now as a mere mortal sidekick to a wraith-like forensic Anthropologist named Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel), the demons have got him for eternity...or for as long as it takes this awfully slight American import to wear out its welcome. He's Seeley Booth, an FBI agent who probably votes republican. She's, of course, multiskilled but frequently emotionally challenged and works at an august institution know as the Jeffersonian. And you can imagine the URST, that is unresolved sexual tension, that curses (sic) though every episode. Tonight they work up a bit of action trying to resolve the whys and wherefores of the untimely death of a "soccer mom" who might have been leading a double life. There's plenty of science, an appearance by Ryan O'Neal as our heroine's feckless con-man dad, but otherwise, a dire shortage of magic. Moonlighting's Maddie Hays and David Addison, they definitely are not. How could you have visited this on yourself, my (formerly) brooding Angel?

I am not impressed. As if they needed to put more people off watching it in Australia. A not-so-nice article, but I thought I should share it anyway...

Last edited by squirtandmilo on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus) Empty Re: Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus)

Post by Evi Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:14 pm

Ugh. Is this online somewhere or was it only in print? I'd love a link if you have one, especially if it has comments enabled Razz
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1276
Say What You Want : I cried like a baby. And I was evil then!..... twitter.com/wendyyoung
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com

Back to top Go down

Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus) Empty Re: Bones Review [The Age - Green Guide 17th July] (Aus)

Post by starbuck1974 Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:14 am

Wow, interesting take, not that I share this view.
And Angel shortlived???? Ahem, I wouldn't consider 5 seasons short, not with shows out there that don't make it past a couple of episodes scratch
starbuck1974
starbuck1974
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:21 pm

starbuck1974 wrote:Wow, interesting take, not that I share this view.
And Angel shortlived???? Ahem, I wouldn't consider 5 seasons short, not with shows out there that don't make it past a couple of episodes scratch

I don't know if we got all 5 seasons in Aus or not. But I think she may be comparing it to Buffy? Although I have no idea how many seasons that was.

Evi, I looked for it on-line so I wouldn't have to type it all out, but I couldn't find it on The Age's website. Although, if you would like, I could scan it into the computer for you. It's just a small critics review, they do about 4 programmes a night. And pretty much the first one Bones gets is crap.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum