Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time changes everything

+2
BGWGscienceteacher
Temperance Rose
6 posters

Go down

Time changes everything Empty Time changes everything

Post by Temperance Rose Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:43 am

Feet pounded the stairs before him as Seeley Booth scaled the stairs up to floor seven of the apartments on the corner of 56th street. In his eagerness to reach the top he was jumping two at a time and his breath was coming faster. He stopped for a quick breather and pulled out the address in the breast pocket of his jacket, just to be sure, he needed to be certain. It was the same address but would it have the same inhabitants? He needed to find her after all this time, after five years of fruitless searching and sleepless night...he prayed that maybe now this would the right place.
It had been five years since Doctor Temperance Brennan had gone missing, it had been any normal morning when they’d realised she hadn’t turned up for work and Booth had been asked to drop by and check that she wasn’t sick. There had been no one at her apartment and she wasn’t answering her cell. All her clothes were gone, her pictures and the things that Booth knew she’d never leave behind. The only thing that showed that it had once been her apartment was a small scrap of paper on her kitchen table, weighed down by Jasper, only two words were written in her elegant script.

Sorry Booth

Immediately he’d launched a search, it didn’t take them long to realise that all her money had been withdrawn from her account. Half of it turned up at the Jeffersonian three months later, but the rest had simply vanished. The attendant who had been there when she’d withdrawn her money, he said she’d been surrounded by bags, looking stressed and upset. That was the last time anyone had seen her.

Everyone was hit hard by her disappearance; even Zach was contacted to make sure that she hadn’t seen him before she vanished; but it was to no avail. Booth and Angela were affected the most; Angela had just fallen pregnant and the stress of it id her no good at all. Hodgins was frequently sending her home to rest and nine months later she delivered a baby boy who she named Robin. Booth was inconsolable; the only person he ended up confiding in was Angela. He was sure he was responsible for her leaving, it took him a while to tell Angela but finally he confessed that he and Brennan had spent one night together and both of their feeling had become abundantly clear to them both. The line had been crossed, and it terrified her.

They’d never given up, Angela searched for anyone who might possibly be her under a different name. There were surprisingly few Temperance’s in D.C. and none of them were her, obviously. It was a stroke of pure genius that had Hodgins search for all the Joy’s in D.C.

That was why Booth was climbing the stairs to Joy Walker’s apartment. She was unemployed but surprisingly wealthy, there was so little about her on the database but Booth wouldn’t give up hope. Jasper bounce inside his jacket pocket, it was something that had become something that he couldn’t do without. Like his poker chip, or the photo of Parker, now ten years old.

He soon arrived, out of breath, at the apartment door. He leant against the door frame, catching his breath, before knocking at the door.

When it opened he was surprised to see no one holding it. It wasn’t until there was an indignant cough that he looked down into the annoyed icy blue eyes of a five year old girl, her dark brown hair in pigtails. Booth has about to open his mouth to talk, to excuse himself and apologize to this little girl who was looking so crossly at him when a pitter-pattering of feet made him tear his gaze away from her.

A smaller girl hurtled toward the door, her auburn hair pulled into two little plaits and covered with glitter, her blue eyes danced as she giggled. Her giggles stopped abruptly as she spotted Booth, she stood just as defiantly as her sister and looked Booth directly in the eyes. He stared at the girl for a moment, his heart pounding in his chest. It was impossible, they both had her eyes; and the younger girl...she looked exactly like his Bones.

“S’cuse me” The older girl said crossly, “Who are you?”

The younger girl nudged her sister and mumbled “Ruth, mommy says we shouldn’t talk to strangers” she had the most endearing lisp as her thumb was in her mouth.

Booth bent down to the girl’s level and said calmly, though his heart was banging so hard inside his hest he was sure that these girls must here it, “My name’s S.....Sam Tikes” the name sounded stupid in his head and even worse spoken aloud. He was sure that even these girls would know it as a fake name, especially when the younger girl giggled.

“Sam’s my name!” she said gleefully, removing her thumb from her mouth and her sister frowned, she didn’t miss a thing and it was clear she was worried about this strange man who’d come to the door. She wanted to run away but at the same time look after her little sister.

“What do you want?” she said nervously, “Mommy’s out buying cupcake mix”

'That doesn’t sound like Bones at all', Booth thought in half relief and half disappointment. But still Sam looked at him with Brennan’s eyes. The little girl looked at his pocket and said amidst giggles “Why do you have a pig in your pocket?”

Even Ruth gave a little smile as Booth brought out Jasper and laid him in the palm of his hand “This,” he said with a little smile “is Jasper”

“My mommy wants a pig called Jasper!” Ruth cried, filled triumph at remembering something Sam didn’t “She said that a man once gave her a toy of one....but, she lost him” the little girl’s face fell as she remembered her mother’s sadness as she’d told her this.

Booth heart stopped, he knew he needed to act fast. He placed Jasper in Ruth’s hand and said “You give this to your mommy ok? To replace the one she lost” he straightened up and Sam looked upset.
“You’re going? I thought you wanted to see mommy?”

Booth smiled, “I’ll be back soon OK? Tell your mommy I said hi” and with that he started down the stairs. When he’d reached his car he flipped open his cell and hit speed dial.

“Ange...I think I’ve found her”
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Back to top Go down

Time changes everything Empty Re: Time changes everything

Post by BGWGscienceteacher Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:53 am

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGWGscienceteacher
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Say What You Want : \"You don't have your homework? This is my problem how?\"
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Ruth and Sam sat on their bedroom floor, toys scattered around them. Their room was separated into two sides, Sam’s pretty half in which everything should make her feel like a princess; then Ruth’s side, a tomboy’s room with a couple of toys guns up on her bedside table. The girls had always been completely different in their personalities, their mother joked once that perhaps they weren’t really sisters; their mother didn’t joke much and it had outraged her daughters that their mother was implying that one of them wasn’t her daughter...their mother had never said that joke again.

Jasper was sitting on the desk the girls both shared, a neutral oak table with a toy farm on top, one of the girls few shared toys. Sam was brushing her hair which she’d pulled out of her plaits then sprinkling more glitter on her head, Ruth was playing with police hat, the old English ones. They weren’t sure who was supposed to be watching them and both of them were slightly on edge. Their mother had said Eddie, their neighbour, would be round any minute after she left, but he never turned up.

“I liked that man” Sam said quietly, glancing up at Jasper and giving a little smile. Ruth nodded, but they were interrupted at the sound of the key in the lock. Both girls tensed in anticipation and waited for sign of who it was.

“Where are my babies?” a clear, warm voice rang out and both girls leapt to their feet and hurtled toward the voice.

“Momma” Sam yelled and propelled herself into her mother’s arms, who laughed and kissed her daughter’s head briefly. She pulled one arm free and gave her other daughter a hug and a quick kiss as well.

“Sammy, you’re covered in glitter!” she exclaimed and hoisted her daughter up onto the table and began brushing at her hair with delicate hands. Her bluey-green eyes shone with warmth as her daughter hopped down from the table and began rummaging through the bags with her sister.

Doctor Temperance Brennan watched them with a warm smile and lied obviously “Oh, I didn’t get either of you anything”

Her daughters knew this game and both spun around “But Mommy, who else would want the cookies?” Ruth asked innocently.

“Why, me of course” Brennan said serenely, taking one from the packet and biting into it, torturing her daughters as they knew...even when Brennan said they were for them, they’d have to wait until their supper. “mmh” she licked her lips and grinned at the girls, but this time Ruth could fight back.

“Ok then mommy” Ruth whined, beginning to turn her back “I won’t say who came to the door then”

Brennan shrugged “Alright then” no one really wanted to see her nowadays anyway; it’s not like they knew who she really was.

Sam stamped her feet “But mommy!”

Brennan sat down on the floor and patted her knees, “Come on then”

Both girls came and sat on their mother’s lap, Ruth leant against her whilst Sam played with her hair. “Well,” Ruth whispered quietly “His name was Sam Tikes and he said he knew you”

“No, I don’t know a Sam Tike Honneybun” Brennan said thoughtfully, giving Ruth a squeeze.

“But he said he did momma! He left you a pig!” Sam whined

“A pig?” Brennan asked with a little chuckle “I doubt that baby”

Sam scowled and got off her mother’s knee and ran to her bedroom. She appeared a couple of minutes later, Jasper clutched in her little hand. Brennan took it delicately from her, her heart racing. It could be any pig. But as she turned it over she saw, written on its stomach, ‘Bones’. That was when she fainted.

Brennan’s eyes cracked pen some time later to see both of her daughters peering over her worriedly. Her head was supported by Sam’s princess pillow and she had been covered by Ruth’s duvet. She groaned groggily and brushed some hair from her face.

“You must have been very tired mommy” Sam said sincerely, her thumb in her mouth like it always was when her daughter was worried “You just fell asleep”

Brennan smiled and sat up; the world spun dangerously for a moment but steadied after a while “How long have I been asleep?” she murmured

“About half an hour” Ruth piped up and Brennan carefully climbed to her feet.

“Ok girls, I’ll go and run your baths then we’ll have supper alright?”
Later that evening, when the girls were fast asleep Brennan what was left of her Mac and Cheese, holding Jasper in her hand and looked at him every so often. She gave a sigh and placed him in her pocket. A click in the lock made her turn her head slightly as a man walked in, holding a brief case; he barely said a word to her, just a nod, grabbing his food and walking into a room where a computer was situated along with a TV.

Brennan gave Jasper a small squeeze, why was she still here with him? Because they were as good as married that’s why; but then again, he hardly spoke to him children. She cleaned away the plates and stacked them in her dishwasher and leant against the counters, fighting back tears. She would not cry.

After she’d left her old life she’d ran into Paul and got terribly drunk. He’d looked after her, taken her back to his place but she couldn’t remember anything after that. A few weeks later she realised she was pregnant and he had been thrilled...she would have gotten rid of it but was now so pleased that she hadn’t. She’d moved in with Paul and they’d gotten along well enough, they’d never had a lot of chemistry but she could deal with that. When she gave birth to Ruth he’d been an obliging father and taken care of both of him...but he called her Joy, not Temperance...and never Bones.

When she’d become pregnant with Sam everything went wrong, he didn’t want another child and certainly not another daughter. Brennan had been furious; she’d wanted to keep the family together so her daughter wouldn’t have a childhood like hers. She’d done everything he’d asked, and that included stopping taking the pill. What had he expected?

When Sam was born Brennan became devoted to her children and him to his work. They barely said a civil word to each other and if he did it was always a criticism. But he was still kind to Ruth and for that reason Brennan stayed, Sam only talked to her sister or her mother.

She checked her children were sleeping soundly and climbed into the shower, still thinking about Booth and the life she’d left behind. She would never trade in her daughters but for a second, she closed her eyes and imagined what it could have been like. If she hadn’t run they might have had a kind father who hoisted them onto his lap for a story and tucked them into sleep. Then he’d curl up with her and they’d be happy.

Brennan’s eyes snapped open, no story was like that, and no story had a happy ending truthfully. She hardly thought logically anymore, it was like her girls had climbed into her brain and made her think like them. The old Brennan would never stand for this and she knew it.

She climbed out of the shower and slipped into her nightgown. She climbed into hr bed and lay there for a moment, before switching off the lights and turning over to sleep. A few moments later she felt Paul slip in beside her and wrap his arm around her waist. She pretended to be asleep and evened out her breathing and eventually he removed his arm. She cursed herself, they needed to make this work and she wasn’t helping but before she could do anything she could hear his rumbling snores. She sighed, pulled in her ear plugs and closed her eyes.

She woke early the next morning and turned over, he was gone already and it was seven in the morning. She began getting ready for the day and at seven thirty on the dot she was spooning cereal into the girls’ mouths. Ruth had school but Sam always came with her to drop Ruth off. They had the same routine every morning, it never changed at all.

They’d get Ruth off to school, read stories, play, have lunch, go out for a little, pick up Ruth, leave the girls to play and have some time to make supper , have the girls eat supper, run their baths, get them ready for bed, put them to bed, eat, have a shower, bed. Her lifestyle bored her; she missed the adrenaline rush from catching the bad guys and the tension that always buzzed on the journeys to there.

But today something changed- a knock at the door made both Sam and Brennan jump. The cleaner came on Tuesdays and Fridays, today was a Thursday. Brennan opened the door to see a woman looking back at her, holding a boy about Sam’s age by the hand. He had beautiful curly blond hair and big brown eyes but Brennan’s eyes were drawn to the woman in front of her; her eyes blazing with anger and relief.

“Angela” Brennan murmured
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Nothing? Ok *shrugs*
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by danireed Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:14 am

oh wow what going to happen now???
danireed
danireed
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:36 am

OMGOMG.........ME WANTS MOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Please go on....this story is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 am

*toz hurries in a little late like always.....*
I like it.
Can't wait to read more!
PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:43 am

They stared at each other for what seemed like hours, both of them not sure what to say or do. Brennan felt uneasy, a sickening guilt that she hadn’t seen her friend in five years. She hadn’t been there when Angela had had a child...was this her only one or did she have more? She was a terrible friend, well; she couldn’t even say she was that. Angela was trying to figure out how she was feeling right now; half of her wanted to hug her friend so hard and never let go. She’d missed her so much and now she’d found her. Her best friend in the entire world was standing in front of her after so long. But she was also battling with the temptation to smack her hard, where the hell had she been! She’d left her job without any notice, left in the middle of so much work; they hadn’t known whether she’d left of her own accord or had been kidnapped again. She’d almost lost her child from the stress of it.

Neither of them spoke, but the tension that crackled between the two friends was broken as Sam skittered into the hallway, her thumb in her mouth and her book clutched to her chest. Brennan turned her head to smile comfortingly at her daughter, silently begging her not to speak, but her daughter never did as she was told. “Mommy, who is it?”

Angela’s eyes widened at the two and she gripped her son’s hand a little tighter, her eyes snapped again to Brennan to see how she described her old friend. “This is Angela sweetheart, an old friend. I’ll be with you in a second...go and play with your toys alright”

Sam nodded but looked at the little boy who held Angela’s hand, “Can he come with me?” she asked, fixing Angela with a piercing gaze that was completely her mothers. Angela nodded and let her son run into a room at the end of the hall; the two children disappeared and left them standing there again.

It took a couple of seconds for Angela to take a step forward and embrace her friend but Brennan didn’t care. She felt tears swimming in her eyes but blinked them back, hard.

Angela finally stepped away, looked at Brennan again...them slapped her, fury subsiding. Brennan stumbled back but regained her balance but didn’t retaliate. She’d expected that.

Angela looked at her hands as if she couldn’t believe what she’d actually done but when she looked up Brennan was gone. She sat gingerly down on a chair and Brennan eventually returned with two glasses of water and a plate of biscuits. Angela blinked, since when had she become all homey?

“I guess...you want an explanation” Brennan murmured, sitting opposite her, “well, the truth is that I don’t have one”

Angela nodded “Right, you don’t have an excuse for running away five years ago...letting us think you were dead and quitting your job without notice. No one wanted to take up your post you know! No one wanted to work with Booth after the danger you got in...We had to offer a lot of money and because of that we nearly went bankrupt”
“I helped with that” Brennan almost whispered

“Sure, but it could have been from your kidnapper, murder, anyone Brennan...didn’t you see that” she was trying to look her friend in the eye, imploring her to listen.

“I had no choice”

“No choice! Brennan seriously you could have told us where you where”

“Why!” Temperance looked up angrily “What right have you got to say what I do with my life!”

“It’s not about controlling you; it’s about knowing you were safe and well, making sure I could still see my best friend! How do you think your family felt?”

“My dad would be used to it, he had Russ. Russ had Amy and the girls!”

“So does that make it better? When your parents left did it make it any better having Russ around?”
“Yes it did!”

“That’s not what you told me; and are they all you count as family? What about me and Jack, Cam and Zach”

“Zach doesn’t need me! Cam is fine by herself and you and Jack have each other and...Him” she waved a hand toward her daughter’s room.

“His name is Marcus; he would be your godson if you’d stuck around”

There was the sickening guilt again “well I didn’t OK?”

They sat in silence again, glaring at each other. She looked thinner, Angela noticed, more drawn.
She looked softer, Brennan noticed, more at ease with herself.

“Why did you leave sweetie?” Angela said quietly “Was it because of what happened with Booth?”

Brennan turned her head away; the name still hurt “Nothing happened with Booth”

Angela stiffened “Please don’t lie, not after all this time”

“Look, it would never work and I saved him heartache by leaving like I did”

Angela shook her head and stood up “Doctor Temperance Brennan, you need to sort yourself out...call me when you’ve got out of this mess” she turned away “Marcus, time to go”

Brennan watched as Marcus raced to his mother and her old friend scoop him up and walk away without a single word of a goodbye. She put her head in her hands as she heard the door close but it wasn’t long until she felt a tug on her arm and looked up at Sam. Sam smiled and showed her mother her book and Brennan nodded, hoisted her back onto her knee and gave her a little squeeze. Her baby girls where the only friends she had in the world and it struck her, it didn’t have to be that way. Then she made a resolution to make that change.

Later that evening, when the girls were in bed she sat on the old chair in the hall, sitting waiting. When he finally got in she stood up “We need to talk”

He shrugged and carried on walking “Later Joy” she shuddered, that wasn’t her name.

She stepped in front of him “No, now Paul”

He stopped, “Fine, spit in out woman”

Woman! He had called her woman! “This isn’t working” she murmured

“Oh” he threw his arms up in the air “So you’ve met someone else! Someone more handsome, richer”

“No!” She exclaimed “It’s not that!”

“Then what!” he roared

“Oh come on Paul, we barely even look at each other anymore!” she yelled back at him “That’s what! There’s no love there now” she quietened, backing away. He was huge, angry and now, she realises, blindingly drunk. She was so focused on what she was saying she didn’t realise when the first strike came. She fell back to the floor and wiggled backwards.

“No love huh Joy?” he roared “I’ve provided for you, taken care of you”

“My name’s not Joy!” she murmured, then yelled it “I’m not Joy!” it felt like a weight had been lifted from her shoulders, the smothering life she’d been living had gone and she was able to breath. He had stopped in his tracks.

“Not Joy?” he asked, drink making him slow.

“I’m Doctor Temperance Brennan, scientist, writer” she got to her feet and pushed past him “and someone who’s going to raise her children alone, away from here!” She raced into her children’s room “get up babies, we’re going” she murmured to each of them.

“Liar!” The slurred yell came from the hall, her head snapped around.
“mommy I’m scared” Ruth whimpered

“Just come with me and out of the house darlings, we’ll come back for your stuff later” she murmured. She ushered them outside and toward the door, pushing them outside just in time she was left with him as he raced toward her.

Then the old Brennan returned, in a swift movement she kneed him in the stomach and brought her elbow down hard on his back. He collapsed to the ground, moaning obscenities as she raced from the building. She pulled the girls into the car and sped away from their old home, just driving with nowhere to go. Eventually she pulled over and leant against the steering wheel, taking long shuddering breaths. She could feel a bruise coming up on the side of her head and she touched it with cold fingers. Eventually she turned to face her daughters who looked terrified, they were cuddled up to each other in the backseat, and both had tear-tracks down their pale cheeks. “It’s OK babies, I know where to go” she murmured and put her foot down on the pedal.

Exactly one hour later, she pulled up in front of the huge home of her best friend. She only hoped she’d be welcome there.
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:26 am

I loooooveeeeeeeeeeeeee...it it's totally weird but so catching....Pleaseeeeeeeee moreeee..I'm addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want her to meet Booth!!!!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:53 am

lol I'm getting there...I didn't really like the last chapter though, it came out wrong...hmmm.

I know its an unusual fic, it's usually Brennan runs off and comes back to find Booth married with a kid. I thought I'd change it around a bit...but there is a twist!
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:44 am

I think it was awesome!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:39 am

LOl thanks, to anyone reading and not reviewing please do!! I'm working on a new chapter at the moment.

Also, I think that there will be a smut chapter somewhere but I CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME WRITE SMUT! If any of you would like to give it a try I'll include it in the story.

Thanks and please review!

Temperance Rose
xxx
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Late again....
I liked it....although it wasn't nice to read about how this guy treats Brennan....but at least she left him now.
Of course Angela will let her in.....she is angry but she would never refuse to help her.

So Booth isn't married or anything?
They can still be togehter?

PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:41 am

Ok, this is more of a filler but fear not! Next chapter will see the return of a certain character who hasn't featured much so far.....

----------------------------------------------------

She walked down the winding gravel drive before her, the amount of times she’d been to this how didn’t make it any easier. It was completely different to what it had been. She had Sam slung on one hip and held Ruth by the hand as they walked toward the huge oak doors. Sam was half asleep, her head resting on Brennan’s shoulder but Ruth was wide awake, her eyes wide and she gripped Brennan’s hand tightly, trying not to look at the purple lump just above her mother’s eye.

They stood in front of the doors for a moment and Brennan wondered if she’d done the right thing. She’d pulled her daughter’s world out from beneath their feet, made them experience something that she hoped they’d never see. She wondered which was worse, having her parents your parents leave you without a warning, or seeing you father turn into a raving lunatic and strike your mother to the ground. She shuddered and knocked on the door.

There was no answer, Brennan’s shoulder’s sagged and she turned “Come on Ruthie, let’s go” she began to walk away but her daughter wouldn’t move. She turned back “Ruth! I said...” there was Angela, Hodgins by her side holding her shoulders protectively.

It was like no time had past at all as her old college leapt to her side and took Sam from her and took Ruth’s hand. “Come on, we’ll get you some warm milk ok?” he murmured to her frightened daughter. She watched as he led them away and tears overcame her.

She felt Angela’s arms around her and she realised she was shaking. The adrenalin had worn off to leave pure horror and fear, she couldn’t stand up. Angela led her into the living room off the hall, photos lined the mantelpieces and above the fireplace was a black and white photo of Marcus lying in long grass surrounded by trees; she guessed they’d been in a forest. “Sweetie” she heard her friend murmur “What happened to you?”

Brennan ran a hand through her hair and shuddered, her tears before made it hard for her to talk but she finally said “I needed to get out, I...I told him who I really was, that I didn’t love him anymore and he flipped. I fought back and got the girls out but...” she wiped at her eyes furiously, there’d been enough tears for today and what would be the point? Her body was in shock and she wanted to feel in control again. She’d returned to her old self, to the scientific side but the strong maternal instinct was still there and she’d never try to get rid of it. She realised Angela had been saying something and looked up “Sorry Ange, I wasn’t listening”

To her relief her friend understood “You can stay as long a you like sweetie” she said taking Brennan’s hands, “There’s a few rooms upstairs which join together, you and the girls can use them” she paused for a moment “Brennan , I have to ask...you have two daughters and Ruth must’ve been conceived close to when you left”

Brennan looked at Angela “I know what you’re saying” she said glumly, “and the truth is I don’t know” she got up and said quietly “I’d like to go to bed Ange”

Angela nodded and took her friend by the hand and led her up three flights of stairs “You know where to get us if you need anything”

Brennan nodded and opened the door to her room, the bed looked warm and inviting and the room was perfect. Just through a side door she could see Hodgins with the girls. She leant against the doorframe and watched him. Sam was already fast asleep, tucked up with a floppy rabbit; Ruth was awake, a mug of milk in her hands and Jack at her side who was talking quietly to her. He spotted her and whispered something to Ruth. She put her mug on the side and ran to her mother, hugging her round the legs until Brennan scooped her up like a baby. Jack passed her and murmured in her ear “It’s nice to have you back Doctor Brennan”

Brennan nodded and smiled weakly at her old college "Nice to be back" as Ruth snuggled up to her. “Baby, you need to sleep now” she whispered

“But momma I don’t want to, I don’t want daddy to come back”

Brennan’s heart constricted “I won’t let him sweetheart” she carried her daughter back to her bed and tucked her under the covers “Everything will be alright” she murmured, kissing her forehead. But as she pulled away she felt her daughter’s little hand on her wrist and she understood. She slid in beside her and she felt her snuggle up closer. Brennan wrapped her arms around Ruth and pulled her close, they were her family. She loved them with all her heart and she’d never leave them or hurt them; but what if she already had? She didn’t want to be one of those mothers who are resented by their children for making their childhood a misery; she’d die before she willingly let that happen.

She stirred early the next morning and carefully unwound her arms from Ruth, climbing out of bed. She’d seen that Angela had put another set of clothes on the bed for her and two more pairs of pyjamas for the girls. They’d have to go shopping later. After her shower Brennan caught sight of herself in the mirror, she’d see worse but she didn’t want her daughters to be worried. The bruise was relatively big and there was a cut on her lip that had clotted over night. Grabbing the makeup by the sink she began to apply some foundation to the bruise, it hurt but she clenched her teeth and persevered. By the time she was done her bruise wasn’t clearly visible, you wouldn’t know unless you’d seen her before...or had a very trained eye.

When she walked back into the room Sam was waking up, she looked dazed and extremely confused. “momma?” she sat upright “Momma!” Brennan hurried over to her daughter just as she burst into tears. She took her daughter up onto her knee and rocked her until the tears stopped. Eventually Sam looked up at her mother, her water blue eyes the mirror of her mothers; she put one hand on her mother’s face and said quietly “Are you OK momma? He didn’t hurt you did he?”

“No honey, Momma’s alright” Sam nodded and slipped off her mother’s knee, Brennan sighed and took her daughter’s hand “you do know I love you Sammy?”

Sam nodded and smiled “Yes Momma, I know”

The two were interrupted as Angela stuck her head round the door “Honey, there’s breakfast downstairs if you want it. Hodgins and I are taking Marcus clothes shopping; do you want us to take the girls?”

Brennan thought for a moment, it would probably be best for them to get out for a bit and meet Marcus, by the looks of it they’d be here for a while. “I think the girls would love to come” she said softly and stood up “I’ll be down for breakfast in a minute, Sam you go with your Aunt Angela alright?”

She didn’t see the affect her words had on her friend but Angela beamed and took Sam’s hand, leading her away. Brennan leant down by Ruth’s bed and gently shook her awake “Honey. It’s breakfast time” Ruth turned over and gave a little groan of tiredness. Brennan waited, counted to three then whispered in her ear “The sooner you get up, the sooner you get to go shopping with Auntie Angela and Uncle Hodgins”

Ruth clambered out of bed like a shot; it seemed she rather liked the man who’d given her warm milk last night. Brennan watched as her daughter turned “Come on mommy! I’m hungry!”
--------------------------------------------------------

Reviews feed the creative mind...

Last edited by Temperance Rose on Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Well I didn't get the spacing right and there were a couple of things that annoyed me)
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:11 am

now she is away from this ass of a man.....
and her and Angela are friends again....
the only thin missing right now is Booth....
but I'm sure he will be there soon...

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:16 am

Man Shocked Is there a possibility that Booth.....? is the father? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this fic...and I can hardly wait for the next chapter!
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:26 am

A little snippet to keep you going!

"She heard his footsteps getting fainter and she stood up so fast she had a head rush. She staggered forward then collapsed to the floor, cursing her clumsiness. But it seemed the sound had caught his attention, the footsteps got louder and as she looked round the door. She could see him. "

Keeping you on tenderhooks!

Rose
xxx
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by danireed Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 am

that was a very good chapter but where is Booth????
danireed
danireed
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by VentiGirl Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 pm

you are such a tease Rose Suspect I love you
VentiGirl
VentiGirl
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm

That's so mean Rose!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please post another chapter!!!!?? SOON!!!!!!!!!
I want them to meet...please!?
*Parker Booth eyes*
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 pm

you are a mean tease and you know it, right?
just post another chapter soon....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Temperance Rose Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:16 am

Lol I know, the story will begin to hot up then die down from here. I have a few loose ends to tie up!

-----------------------------------------------------

She heard the chattering die away and the crunch of gravel as Angela, Hodgins, Marcus and the girls walked toward their car. She lay on the couch and closed her eyes, savouring the quiet to recollect. She’d realized years ago that she’d loved him, the moment he’d held her in his arms and kissed her, the moment he’d told her what she was thinking. Fear blinded her common sense, her passion and her love for him. It was fear alone that had driven her to run from the only person she would ever truly love. She’d tried to forget the possibility that her oldest child was almost certainly his, when she’d gone for her first appointment they’d told her the estimate of when she’d been conceived. It was that night, that beautiful night when she’d felt like the most beautiful and love woman in the world...it was completely irrational.

It was the security that had kept her away, she felt like she wasn’t being pushed. The relationship she’d had with Paul had been...easy, there was no tension or heated discussions. She realized now that it was that he probably had nothing to say for himself. Now she realised that she’d made a terrible mistake in running five years ago, there would never be that chance again for her, he could not and would not trust her after what she’d done to him. She’d come to the conclusion that she was the same as everyone of her family, they all left people who loved them.

The sound of the key in the lock didn’t pierce her thoughts; Angela had probably forgotten her purse or something. She just kept her eyes shut, imagining his face, his smell, his voice...

“Angela! I came as soon as I could” Her eyes snapped open and she sat up, she felt like a cold hand had grabbed her stomach and was twisting and pulling it in all directions. “Angela!" he gave up "I missed her, damn it!” she heard his footsteps getting fainter and she stood up so fast she had a head rush. She staggered forward then collapsed to the floor, cursing her clumsiness. But it seemed the sound had caught his attention, the footsteps got louder and as she looked round the door. She could see him, well his back but he was holding a gun.

“I wouldn’t feel so vulnerable if you let me have a gun you know” she murmured softly and he spun around, letting the gun fall to his side. His eyes widened and she felt hers fill with tears again.

They stood there, staring at each other “Hi” he murmured huskily, finally able to get the words out. She said nothing, just ran toward him and he swept her up into his arms, kissing her hard. She almost melted at his touch; he was all there, the voice, the face, the smell. She felt the tears start to fall as she responded by wrapping her arms around his neck. Their kisses became more and more frantic and his hand brushed away her hair. She flinched.

He pulled away at this and looked at her, his expression changed from joy to horror. He lifted a finger to where her bruise was and brushed it with his finger; she saw the foundation on his fingers.

Shit

“What...what happened to you Temperance?” he murmured softly and she lost it, burying her face in the crook of his neck she sobbed. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d cried so hard and it all came falling out. She felt him stiffen as she told him and finally he pulled away firmly by the shoulders and hugged her, “Oh Bones, it’s alright, I’m here” Hearing her pet name made her laugh thickly through her tears and she got control over herself. Suddenly she felt the floor go from beneath her feet and she realized he’d scooped her up like she would do to Ruth or Samantha. She leant against his chest and smiled, feeling complete again. “Your daughters are beautiful” he murmured softly as he sat down on the couch, Brennan on his lap and she nestled into him. It was a closeness that she yearned for with someone that she felt really loved her, who knew her completely. But she didn’t understand him.

“Why are you here?” she asked softly “It’d be perfectly rational if you hated me”

“Do you want me to hate you?” his breath tickled her ear

“In a way, then I wouldn’t feel so guilty” she admitted and she felt him chuckle softly

“Bones, even if I hadn’t seen you in eight years I’d still love you as much as the night you left” he felt her stiffen and continued rapidly “if anything it’s made me love you more, I don’t want to lose you again. I want to stay with you forever, treat your daughter’s like they were my own...”

“Booth” she interrupted him “I think you might be Ruth’s father” there was a silence “I...I think she might of been conceived the night I left” there was still nothing “you have every right to hate me but...”

“Why do you think I have to hate you” he murmured into her neck “Even if she isn’t mine it won’t make a difference to how I feel about either of them. I’ll love them both equally as my daughters, if you’ll let me”

Brennan nodded mutely, then “I’d like a paternity test to be sure though”

He nodded “Of course”

There was a long pause, nothing needed to be said, they were completely contented in each others company- it wasn’t until they were together, that they became whole.

-------------------------------------------------

Reviews are chocolate Very Happy
Temperance Rose
Temperance Rose
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by BGWGscienceteacher Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:31 am

Very nice. Now it's time for Booth to go and kick Paul's ASS!!!!!! PPS

BGWGscienceteacher
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 41
Say What You Want : \"You don't have your homework? This is my problem how?\"
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:18 am

good idea!

it was so good to finally see them together again.
and he still loves her.....

PPS

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum