Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brennan-K, All genres

3 posters

Go down

Brennan-K, All genres Empty Brennan-K, All genres

Post by willgirl Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:27 am

A/N: Here I am, starting another story! I just can't stay away, despite the fact that some of my others haven't been updated in a while. This story has been rolling around in my head for a while, but only came to fruition this afternoon. Basically it's the story of Brennan's life, starting from a pivotal moment and going forwards. It's set way before the show starts but it will eventually meet up with the show and continue from there. I hope you all enjoy! I'm hoping this will be updated once a week!

She took another glance around her room, her eyes traveling over every book, every article of clothing, every picture, trying to memorize it. It was slipping through her fingers and she couldn’t stop it, didn’t have the power to change the world that she was so violently thrust into.

She could hear movement downstairs and knew it was the social worker, a sharp looking woman with no patience, pacing up and down. It had been five minutes since Russ had driven off and she was handed a garbage bag and told to pack up her stuff.

Her fingers curled around the empty bag as she continued to survey her room. There were too many things in her room to fit in one bag and so she was forced to pick and choose, something she could barely stomach.

What clothes should she bring? How many books could she fit? How many pictures? She almost turned and left, not wanting to bring anything. Her parents left and weren’t coming back. That’s what Russ had told her this morning, said she needed to accept it before he turned and walked away, leaving her alone.

Her heart was breaking, even though she knew that was physically impossible. No science book she had read could describe this feeling of being torn apart from the inside. Her hands glided over her microscope that her father had bought her for her last birthday. She knew she couldn’t bring that, it was too big.

Slowly, methodically she started taking clothes out of her dresser and packing into the garbage bag. She had mentioned to the social worker that she had a suitcase, but she was told just to do this instead. Pulling out her blue shirt that her mother bought her at the mall two weeks before, she folded it carefully and put it in the bag.

Once the clothes were done, she surveyed the room again. She would have to rule out all breakable items because she knew they wouldn’t make it. That meant leaving her music box and all of her other trinkets that she had collected over the years. She shoved book after book into her garbage bag until it almost filled up, stretching the bag slightly.

“Hurry up.” A voice shouted from downstairs.

She opened the door. “I’m almost done.” She replied, as she made her way down to her parents’ room. She bit her lip as she saw her mom’s favourite hat on the chair, lying idly as if it expected the owner to return. Blinking back tears, she moved to the bed, getting on her knees and pulling out a shoebox from underneath, followed by another one.

They were both filled with pictures. Her mom always joked that she would put them in albums eventually but it never seemed to get done. Her eyes flicked back and forth from one box to another. She didn’t know if she could fit both in. Lifting them both in her arms, she made her way back to her room and laid them on the bed.

Reaching for the garbage bag, she started pulling out book after book, even her favourites. She didn’t need them; there would be a library right? But the pictures. She needed to keep the pictures even if the thought of her looking at them right now made her sick.

She shoved the two shoeboxes in the bag, grabbed it and with one last look around at her room, her life, she left. As she made her way down the stairs, she bit her lip and blinked back tears. She wouldn’t let them see her cry.

She was stronger than that.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Brennan-K, All genres Empty Re: Brennan-K, All genres

Post by ForensicMama Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 am

Wow, sweetie! I'm sorry this was abandoned because it's wonderful!!! Very Happy
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:59 am

never saw this story before.....
but I like it so far

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:06 pm

It's not abandoned! I'm going to try to start writing it again soon, I promise! Glad you both liked it!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ForensicMama Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 am

willgirl wrote:It's not abandoned! I'm going to try to start writing it again soon, I promise! Glad you both liked it!

Awesome!!!!!!!! I'm so glad to hear it. I loved it!!!
ForensicMama
ForensicMama
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4649
Say What You Want : MAMA: STONE-COLD SHIPPER.

http://www.bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum