Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive #16

+16
Kasper
squirtandmilo
Polygirl
A2BOREANAZ
willgirl
Evi
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
phoebsfan
SnoopGirl
flyersfan35
Francie
jonezn4Bones
PIMP
katarina
marymageli
Rike
20 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Archive #16 - Page 38 Empty Re: Archive #16

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

it did come out here also a while back..though it didn't stick, that lego men were offensive and racist..as there are no black ones!!!!..THERE AREN'T ANY WHITE ONES EITHER!!! DUMBASS!! all the lego men are yellow!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Archive #16 - Page 38 Empty That is very sad :o(

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:25 am

magicstar wrote:how bout this to top it off...a nursing home for the elderly was shut down in my town as it was condemned and there were no funds to maintain it or do it up. People were left with no money and no home..then they decided to open it up to house immigrants that were waiting to see if they could stay here and miraculously the government found thousands of pounds to have the building renovated for them..absolutely disgusting!!!
As far as I know retirement living facilities are good here (Southern Ontario). Two long term care faciliites were built in our region over the past few years. We have a growing aging population and although more could be done, our governments do a fairly good job at staying on top of tending to that segment of population. Unfortunately for the other segements though, things are put on hold and our health care budget is taking things off the list (that the government pays for) in order to keep items on for the aging population. Schools could definately use some more money but overall I like our school system.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:26 am

Yes. We home schooled. My wife had a brilliant career and gave that up for the benefit of her children. There was no taking her out of it. I had flexible hours so we really enjoyed home schooling. A group of the families formed a cooperative and those with education or work experience that could profit teaching various subjects would ensure the material was well covered and the kids had plenty of socialization and interaction. They all tested above their age in the state examinations.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12588
Say What You Want : Everyone should make the effort to be original (not odd)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:26 am

SnoopGirl wrote:
magicstar wrote:how bout this to top it off...a nursing home for the elderly was shut down in my town as it was condemned and there were no funds to maintain it or do it up. People were left with no money and no home..then they decided to open it up to house immigrants that were waiting to see if they could stay here and miraculously the government found thousands of pounds to have the building renovated for them..absolutely disgusting!!!
As far as I know retirement living facilities are good here (Southern Ontario). Two long term care faciliites were built in our region over the past few years. We have a growing aging population and although more could be done, our governments do a fairly good job at staying on top of tending to that segment of population. Unfortunately for the other segements though, things are put on hold and our health care budget is taking things off the list (that the government pays for) in order to keep items on for the aging population. Schools could definately use some more money but overall I like our school system.

Snoop, our school system could use a little work. Healthcare too, but you are right, we are doing pretty good in Ontario.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:27 am

magicstar wrote:it did come out here also a while back..though it didn't stick, that lego men were offensive and racist..as there are no black ones!!!!..THERE AREN'T ANY WHITE ONES EITHER!!! DUMBASS!! all the lego men are yellow!!!!

lol! lol! lol! afro
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RollOnFriday Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:27 am

*Hides from politics*
RollOnFriday
RollOnFriday
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2130
Say What You Want : Wow, I am so very sad that I missed the closure of this site.... I have no idea if anyone is able to read this, or if all hope of a goodbye is lost. In any case, I'd like to say thanks to all those who were a big part of my life. Regretfully, I haven't been on here for a long time, yet I doubt that anyone would begrudge the decision. Thank you, Willi, for providing us with an outlet, a meeting place, a home ♥
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:28 am

Is Mary around? I want to ask her a question.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:29 am

things have gone too far..cultures and races are meant to be equal....but as we change and change to accommodate everyone else ..we lose our own culure and it pisses me off!!!

it makes me laugh how on application forms it asks your race!...this is to help stop discrimination.....they dont realise it IS discrimantion to even ask as they will take this into account when choosing an applicant for the job..it shouldn't matter..what is written on your cv should be all that matters..the best person for the job!!!..if they are balck..great..if they are white great...if they are female..great if they are male...great!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:29 am

That's one thing that makes me comfortable with not being with my children. They are in good schools in good neighborhoods, in Canada.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:30 am

jonezn4Bones wrote:That's one thing that makes me comfortable with not being with my children. They are in good schools in good neighborhoods, in Canada.

Well, not in all neighborhoods. We aren't that fantastic! LOL!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:30 am

magicstar wrote:things have gone too far..cultures and races are meant to be equal....but as we change and change to accommodate everyone else ..we lose our own culure and it pisses me off!!!

it makes me laugh how on application forms it asks your race!...this is to help stop discrimination.....they dont realise it IS discrimantion to even ask as they will take this into account when choosing an applicant for the job..it shouldn't matter..what is written on your cv should be all that matters..the best person for the job!!!..if they are balck..great..if they are white great...if they are female..great if they are male...great!!!!

You can't do that in Canada on job applications. I believe it's illegal.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:32 am

willgirl wrote:
magicstar wrote:things have gone too far..cultures and races are meant to be equal....but as we change and change to accommodate everyone else ..we lose our own culure and it pisses me off!!!

You can't do that in Canada on job applications. I believe it's illegal.

My former wife is a mix of French, Haitian, Spanish. So on applications with a breakdown of race she checks all boxes that apply.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 am

good for canada willi...over here you have to check the box to say what nationality you are....and on some , what faith you are too....i always feel like writing in "devil worshipper"...as they are not allowed to discriminate i think what the hell..i may as well!!!..lol
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 am

That's right, Ladies. Had me an interracial marriage before it was the "in thing" to do. Always ahead of the curve . . Very Happy
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:33 am

magic you got me started on "When in Rome do as the Romans do".
Toronto is one of the most diversified cultural cities in the world. That has spread to the suburbs and now *I* am a minority (caucasian). My big issue is that my Christianity is politicallly incorrect, *I* can't say Christmas, but others can say Ramadan or Hanauka (sp?). Santa can no longer say HO HO HO as it is found offensive. Acutally now that I think of it, we caucasians are the ones who are finding more and more things politically incorrect.

Now I am rambling.

A big thing in news a it ago was RCMP (our FBI equivalents) mounites wearing turbins instead of the traditional head wear that has been around "forever".

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 am

OK so i am thinking i should move to canada..legally of course..where i will work and pay taxes..and join their culture and traditions..yes sirree..canada it is!..i was thinking US but sweets has put me off..lol
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:35 am

magicstar wrote:good for canada willi...over here you have to check the box to say what nationality you are....and on some , what faith you are too....i always feel like writing in "devil worshipper"...as they are not allowed to discriminate i think what the hell..i may as well!!!..lol

You are my new number one buddy in all of the world. You become PM and I'll become President and let's shake our government trees back to their roots.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 am

magicstar wrote:OK so i am thinking i should move to canada..legally of course..where i will work and pay taxes..and join their culture and traditions..yes sirree..canada it is!..i was thinking US but sweets has put me off..lol

If I had to choose on value - it would be Canada.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 am

My aunt is in an interacial marriage. If fact she left Canada with her husband after he was deported back to Maylasia. Almost 3 years later they are still together over there. My family didn't think it would last (she is older than him) but they proved us wrong.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 am

A big thing in news a it ago was RCMP (our FBI equivalents) mounites wearing turbins instead of the traditional head wear that has been around "forever"

ok....i know i shouldn't but...ROFL..oh the visuals lol
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am

SnoopGirl wrote:magic you got me started on "When in Rome do as the Romans do".
Toronto is one of the most diversified cultural cities in the world. That has spread to the suburbs and now *I* am a minority (caucasian). My big issue is that my Christianity is politicallly incorrect, *I* can't say Christmas, but others can say Ramadan or Hanauka (sp?). Santa can no longer say HO HO HO as it is found offensive. Acutally now that I think of it, we caucasians are the ones who are finding more and more things politically incorrect.

Now I am rambling.

A big thing in news a it ago was RCMP (our FBI equivalents) mounites wearing turbins instead of the traditional head wear that has been around "forever".

Can't good things be left alone? Nope.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:38 am

willgirl wrote:Is Mary around? I want to ask her a question.

If you are still here, willi, spill it.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 am

SnoopGirl wrote:My aunt is in an interacial marriage. If fact she left Canada with her husband after he was deported back to Maylasia. Almost 3 years later they are still together over there. My family didn't think it would last (she is older than him) but they proved us wrong.

I'm sure you can imagine that if I come across this strongly in print it must be too much in person - and you would be correct. When I told my parents I wanted to marry my wife my mother's only question was, "You're doing this because you love her - not just to make another one of your points, right?"
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:40 am

SnoopGirl wrote:magic you got me started on "When in Rome do as the Romans do".

Now I am rambling.

Snoop I agree and disagree with you.

Yes, Toronto is very multicultural and I love it! And yes, they go way to far with making things politically correct. And in fact you are right, it's not those of different faiths who are arguing for the change. I've had several people of different faith wish me Merry Christmas.

That being said, the mountie who wanted to wear a turban is a tricky issue. It comes down to inclusivity.

We try to be inclusive of everyone's faith and therefore he should be able to wear a turban and another mountie should be able to wear a cross, etc, etc.

But I get what you are saying about traditional headwear, however I'm still on the side of the mountie. I feel that either through your faith or through yourself, you have the right to express what you need to express UNLESS it is discriminatory to someone else.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:41 am

i totally agree with you snoop....soon none of us will be allowed to celebrate christmas!!...

can you believe also that in one of our supermarkets some of the workers refused to serve customers with alcohol because it was against their faith....if they have applied for a job then they should do every aspect of the job..or dont fucking work there..idiots!!!...every person has aspects of their job they dislike doing..but you have to do it..if its against your religion..get another job and let someone else have yours..incompetant...

oh and sweets..i would love to be PM...i would be like the iron lady!!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

:: The IHBFC

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum