Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive #14

+18
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Polygirl
Francie
Bella Loony
Fluffernutter
himbeer29
Nane
phoebsfan
gimmeagun
magicstar
willgirl
marymageli
PIMP
jonezn4Bones
katarina
squirtandmilo
Turi ray of sunshine
A2BOREANAZ
22 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Archive #14 - Page 30 Empty Re: Archive #14

Post by Polygirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:20 am

innnnntersting willi
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10721
Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:20 am

magicstar wrote:oh bud ...i would completely rebell against my parents...just because they have a particular view on life and love and whatever..what right do they have to push their opinions on others...sorry but this makes me mad!..obviously i am not saying go and rebell or anything...thats just me!!!...and it has nothing to do with disrespecting your parents..respect goes both ways parents need also to respect that their kids are different and may have different values..not worse of bad values...just different...ok im ranting now!

lol! as for me... *shrugs* I guess I just don't really care to, anyways. We couldn't have lived together this year regardless, as his school is way out in the suburbs... about a 45 minute drive from me. So he'd just come in and stay with me on the weekends, or I'd go out there maybe once a month. So yeah... I dunno. And I feel that my parents respect me, as well. And even if he hadn't lived away... it's just not that big of a deal to me that I'd want to make either my or his parents uncomfortable.
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:21 am

My computer is downloading pics from my camera but I have NO clue how I did it Shocked
I love how all my pics now show up on 'puter so I can click which ones to download.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 am

SnoopGirl wrote:Hey mary, is there something wrong with your computer? Too lazy to go back and read posts to find out .....

Hi Snoop. Virus-checking system broke down, it can only be fixed on Monday afternoon, so I am actually taking a great risk coming here. But hopefully no vir....you know what. *mary sighs unhappily*
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:22 am

SnoopGirl wrote:My computer is downloading pics from my camera but I have NO clue how I did it Shocked
I love how all my pics now show up on 'puter so I can click which ones to download.

I still need my little sister to do that for me.....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 am

I finally taught my dad how to do that after 3 years
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Francie Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 am

magic: I was raise Catholic...I believe in a Higher Power cause I've had things happen that just can't be explained by science...asking my parents for help and getting it in like 2 seconds...dreaming about them and have things happen...that sorta thing...still carry my Rosery Beads...don't go to Mass but I feel certain things around me...and I pray at home...just don't think I need to be in a bldg to say my prayers Smile
Francie
Francie
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4722

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:24 am

ok i will shut up now..its actually a subject that makes me very mad indeed.....look at the wars in the world..hmm, religion, politics , money and power..thats what they are all about..and am happy for anyone to believe in what they what..but all 4 of these things are a sin in my eyes..sorry!

and snoop totally with ya babe..i suffered depression twice for years till mr m dragged me to the docs!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 am

magicstar wrote:ok i have to ask but dont want to offend anyone.....

why are you catholic, christian, jewish , muslim..or whatever..are you that relion because you really believe in it for your own reasons..or just because you were brought up in that religion?....that you dont know different?...and which religion is the right one..whos god, if there is one, is the right god...!..too confusing for me

Magic, as someone who was brought up in the United Church, but turned atheist, I would love to answer your question!

I love religious dialogue, as long as everyone is nice to each other and respectful of each other's beliefs.

I personally don't believe in God (or any other deity) however I was raised to believe.

I do however have many friends who are religious. Being religious isn't just about being raised that way, (although it does have an impact). If has to be about you really believing in it.

This is why I went Atheist. I went to church my whole life and I wasn't feeling it. I could pretend I'm Christian for the sake of it (as many people do) but I chose rather to be honest because I felt it was disrespectful to the Christian religion.

Being religious is about having that faith in you. Atheism is about faith as well, just faith in something different. The key word is faith.

Does that make sense Magic?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 am

magicstar wrote:ok i have to ask but dont want to offend anyone.....

why are you catholic, christian, jewish , muslim..or whatever..are you that relion because you really believe in it for your own reasons..or just because you were brought up in that religion?....that you dont know different?...and which religion is the right one..whos god, if there is one, is the right god...!..too confusing for me

I believe in God... but as for religion... I pick Catholic because I enjoy worshiping that way. I believe that your religion doesn't really matter... if God really wanted everyone to worship the exact same way, he would have made it so. So it's really just a preference... how you want to worship and what you believe in. It seems that the main religions do boil down to 1 supreme god (of course, 3 of them *are* the same god, but still) (even hinduism... I promise ;-)... they believe in one ultimate god and then various forms of him) so it really doesn't matter, and however you feel comfortable worshipping is fine. (I realize, this is incredibly abstract and probably sounds very strange and hippy-ish... but it's what I've worked out in my head after going back and forth on religion and life as a whole ;-))
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:26 am

i was raised catholic rebeled for a while and now go back because of the sense of family and beinng part of a larger whole i diagree with some tenets but the church i go to now is independent and allows us to question and debate if they didn't allow that i prob would not have gone back
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:27 am

I´m back ladies. Sorry I had to leave for a while. So what´s the discussion about?
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

Well I was Christened Anglican. My mom went to church and Sunday school as a child/teen and only a few times during my life. She believes in God as I do.
My dad didn't have a belief in a "higher being". I believe God is a spirit.
I am not religious in the sense that I read the bible. Never have and most likely never will.

As for there being many religions, it too baffles me that there are so many different beliefs. I can't try to comprehend it.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

Besides, I'm of the belief that you can have your own personal relationship with 'God' and not go to church. It's how you choose to worship.

And Razz, I mostly agree with you. LOL!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

welcome back kat
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

Polygirl wrote:I finally taught my dad how to do that after 3 years

my dad wouldn't be able to start the computer....

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 am

Hey Kat,

We are talking about computers and religion. LOL!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 am

hi kat

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 am

Francie wrote:magic: I was raise Catholic...I believe in a Higher Power cause I've had things happen that just can't be explained by science...asking my parents for help and getting it in like 2 seconds...dreaming about them and have things happen...that sorta thing...still carry my Rosery Beads...don't go to Mass but I feel certain things around me...and I pray at home...just don't think I need to be in a bldg to say my prayers Smile

I concur! :-) And I swear, I've seen an angel, who stopped me from getting in a terrible car wreck. (I slammed on my brakes cause I saw a man in the middle of the road... and as it turned out there was another car I couldn't see that hit a fallen tree (the headlights were hidden behind said tree) and bounced up over it and would ahve landed on top of my car had I not braked just in time... as soon as I cleared my head I looked around for the man, worried that he had been injured but he had disappeared and never appeared again... we had to call the police (for the other car) and everything and neighbors came out but no sign of the guy.)
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:29 am

Oh, sooo HOT in here!!! It's difficult to cope with it. And I can't drink chilled water since it's bad for the throat. I am soooo restless!!! Pfu.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 am

willgirl wrote:Hey Kat,

hi willi Smile hmm, computers and religion... an interesting combination Very Happy
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 am

willgirl wrote:Hey Kat,

Two matching subjects, aren't they? lol
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:30 am

marymageli wrote:Oh, sooo HOT in here!!! It's difficult to cope with it. And I can't drink chilled water since it's bad for the throat. I am soooo restless!!! Pfu.
stop looking at my naked Booth.....it might get better!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 am

WB, kat. Where have you been if I may ask? I mean what have you been doing without US?
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:31 am

I'm sorry, Tozika, YOUR naked Booth?

I'm the queen, remember? If anything, naked Booth is mine!!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content