Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Archive #14

+18
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Polygirl
Francie
Bella Loony
Fluffernutter
himbeer29
Nane
phoebsfan
gimmeagun
magicstar
willgirl
marymageli
PIMP
jonezn4Bones
katarina
squirtandmilo
Turi ray of sunshine
A2BOREANAZ
22 posters

:: The IHBFC

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Archive #14 - Page 3 Empty Re: Archive #14

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 pm

katarina wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:
katarina! Do you remember who you are talking too? Jonezy??? What don't I have to respond too?

now he decided to reply... Calling him brutus, appealing to his common sense - no reaction. tongue

hey!!! I'm so far back in the pages trying to respond -OH, but you wouldn't know anything about that because all you do is observe. I can't explain an experience you've never had . . .
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12588
Say What You Want : Everyone should make the effort to be original (not odd)
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:42 pm

PIMP wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:
PIMP wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:Jonezy, you need to get me and Claire together and then you'll hear any remotely stupid and ignorant thing any American has ever said to either of us.

One of the best ones I got was.

"OMG, you have mountains in Australia?"

and

"You actually have running water? Wow."

My response to that one was. "Oh, you don't?"

And she was like "Of course I do" so then I asked her why it was so amazing that I should have it too. Laughing

You should here what Canadians hear. Like one guy coming to the border in July, with skis on his roofracks, thinking just a few miles over the border he'd be able to find some snow covered hill to ski on. True story.

He-he. Laughing

Or once I got asked how many kangaroos I had in my backyard. That was interesting...

I was like "Umm, none?" And all I got back was "Oh"

The other thing is, them thinking that a country that spans a continent has a population that all speaks exactly the same.
Like we ALL say, "EH?" at the end of every sentence, and we all pronounce about, as "aboot" LOL!!

It's so funny. Once I got asked the population of Melbourne. And it's just over 3 million people. And some chick thought I lived in some large country town. I mean Hello! I may live in a large country! But the state of Texas has more people living in it than we do in the whole of Australia!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 17139
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:43 pm

squirtandmilo wrote:
PIMP wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:Jonezy, you need to get me and Claire together and then you'll hear any remotely stupid and ignorant thing any American has ever said to either of us.

One of the best ones I got was.

"OMG, you have mountains in Australia?"

and

"You actually have running water? Wow."

"My response to that one was. "Oh, you don't?"

And she was like "Of course I do" so then I asked her why it was so amazing that I should have it too. Laughing

You should here what Canadians hear. Like one guy coming to the border in July, with skis on his roofracks, thinking just a few miles over the border he'd be able to find some snow covered hill to ski on. True story.

He-he. Laughing

Or once I got asked how many kangaroos I had in my backyard. That was interesting...

I was like "Umm, none?" And all I got back was "Oh"

"I keep my kangaroos in the house . . ."
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:43 pm

Yes. Lots'a horses. Horse racing is our third biggest industry and the Melbourne Cup is the richest turf race in the world.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 pm

katarina wrote:
Turi ray of sunshine wrote:
jonezy is just teasing

I know ergo the smiley face Very Happy Very Happy!!! sometimes my sense of humore doesn't translate well! LOL that's why I usually say "Bad joke I know"

the warning thing - well my ex-boss/colleauge is a former politician and has some enemies, so it may be related

That sounds scary! I hope they don't do anything else.

oh turi, your sense of humor is perfectly fine Smile we are just teasing each other, right bobo?

Right, My Reason For Living . . er, I mean, Kat
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:44 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:

Other wise they would get cold. *nods*

kangaroos are violent creatures. Almost as bad as Wombats and Koalas. They may look cute and cuddly, but be warned. Evil things. Like the male Platypus with his deadly spine. Twisted Evil
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:45 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:
hey!!! I'm so far back in the pages trying to respond -OH, but you wouldn't know anything about that because all you do is observe. I can't explain an experience you've never had . . .

hm, jonezy? I´m trying to persuade turi that we are just teasing each other and comments like this are not really helpful, you know? Now, I can manage to respond AND observe, but it requires some skills and practice. I understand that you´re not there yet and I will try to accept it Wink
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

I don't know if I wll regret posting this but my curiosity always gets the best of me:

Ay Mamacita! How could I be any kind of upset with you other than heavy breathing?

I think it may be that my brain just processed some very very upsetting news that would more than likely upset my boss VERY VERY MUCH! but I am extremely puzzled by that expression!!! I am having a hard time getting what it is you meant by that???

(really I am genuinely confused!!scratch scratch scratch )

I take it our little exercise wit the wireless card didn't work last night?

It did and it didn't! lol no really after following your prompts it worked and I got an IP address but then the signal was all crappy and it kicked me out; and the command said that it couldn't process the request since the wireless device was disconnected
**shrugs**
I guess I will just have to get used to it (the more upsetting thing is that it used to work fine until about a month ago! but that's jus the way my life goes; so I am used to it) c'est la vi.
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

I'm still mesmerized by that beautiful scene in your sig. squirt. So green!! looks really nice, and sort of similar to around here, there's a large field right behind my house, with forest beyond that, a little hillier here, but similar.
Not unusual to see wildlife come out on it. I've seen foxes, deer, even a Bald eagle or two. No Kangaroos though!! lol
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16028
Say What You Want : Don't tempt me, I give in easy.
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:
Right, My Reason For Living . . er, I mean, Kat
now that´s much better, bobo Smile
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Hey Cement! good morning! and you should hear the stories that Loony has told me! of the ignorance of some people!!! of course I've experienced some of those too. Such as "I thought Ecuador was in Africa" "I thought there were only (and I don't mean to offend anybody here) black people there" or "I thought it was a city in Spain" "OH so you speak Ecuadoria?" that last one had me laughing! (BTW all comments were made when I came to the US)

There are over 280 million of us in the U.S. Of course you're going to find idiots. The numbers are in your favor.

But, I might as well share another US/Canadian story. About 6 years ago I had a job with Travelocity. A guy called me for a trip to Canada in January and wanted to know why we weren't offering convertibles!!!!
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:52 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:

Hey Cement! good morning! and you should hear the stories that Loony has told me! of the ignorance of some people!!! of course I've experienced some of those too. Such as "I thought Ecuador was in Africa" "I thought there were only (and I don't mean to offend anybody here) black people there" or "I thought it was a city in Spain" "OH so you speak Ecuadoria?" that last one had me laughing! (BTW all comments were made when I came to the US)

There are over 280 million of us in the U.S. Of course you're going to find idiots. The numbers are in your favor.

But, I might as well share another US/Canadian story. About 6 years ago I had a job with Travelocity. A guy called me for a trip to Canada in January and wanted to know why we weren't offering convertibles!!!!

Convertables in Jan.? Only Canadians do that! Eh? lol
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 pm

squirtandmilo wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:

kangaroos are violent creatures. Almost as bad as Wombats and Koalas. They may look cute and cuddly, but be warned. Evil things. Like the male Platypus with his deadly spine. Twisted Evil

It never ceases to amaze me how the terrain, plant life, animal life and weather of your country was all perfectly designed to kill people.
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:53 pm

PIMP wrote:I'm still mesmerized by that beautiful scene in your sig. squirt. So green!! looks really nice, and sort of similar to around here, there's a large field right behind my house, with forest beyond that, a little hillier here, but similar.
Not unusual to see wildlife come out on it. I've seen foxes, deer, even a Bald eagle or two. No Kangaroos though!! lol

Melbourne has the largest population of urban foxes in the world. I think. But out there, on that piece of land (The homestead) we have a wombat, and echindna and many koalas and Kangaroos as wells as Kookaburras and the like. But up on Nura (Their third lot of land) where we ride heaps cause it is so wild, there are deer and many many kangaroos. We go deer hunting up there cause they are becoming really populated on the land.

Wonganuka just as lotsa Kangaroos, but it is much more open so there is less there. Cause Nura is mostly Bush and the Homestead is surrounded by bush, there are more roo's there.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:54 pm

katarina wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:
katarina! Do you remember who you are talking too? Jonezy??? What don't I have to respond too?

now he decided to reply... Calling him brutus, appealing to his common sense - no reaction. tongue

I went back looking for the post you reference and I am lost - I can't find it???
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:55 pm

katarina wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:
katarina wrote:
THE B-O-Y (or I should use G-U-Y instead) has arrived. I secretly think he was waiting for Kat here to 'appear'

Now come on girls, what´s with this gossiping? Smile
Jonezey and Kat sitting in a tree K-I-SS-I-N-G

you too, brutus? I thought you´re the adult here No

here jonezy... Now you know how lost I felt yesterday Wink
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:55 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:
squirtandmilo wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how the terrain, plant life, animal life and weather of your country was all perfectly designed to kill people.

Isn't it a charming place. Second most deadly snake. Most deadly animals on earth. You know it's the only country on earth where the number of species of deadly snake is more than that of the non-venomous? We have the best Animals on the planet!

And the weather is not designed to kill people! It's perfect, just you can't handle it. Razz So there!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by jonezn4Bones Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:56 pm

katarina wrote:
jonezn4Bones wrote:

hm, jonezy? I´m trying to persuade turi that we are just teasing each other and comments like this are not really helpful, you know? Now, I can manage to respond AND observe, but it requires some skills and practice. I understand that you´re not there yet and I will try to accept it Wink

I am being BRUTALIZED, here. I am not a game hunt. I am not your sport! (Oh hell, I'm already your door mat -might as well be anything else you want!)
jonezn4Bones
jonezn4Bones
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 pm

The Box Jellyfish is the my personal favourite. Most venomous animal in the world. Great thing. Called a sea wasp. It wraps it's tentacles around you and just grips there. Pain-ful!
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squirtandmilo Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Can we all just cool it! Joke or not, I can't tell, and it's making me uncomfortable.
squirtandmilo
squirtandmilo
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:58 pm

Gosh, Squirt, here in Canada I think we only have one poisonous snake, the Western Rattlesnake. > where I live, we don't have any poisonous animals at all, other than the occasional Annoyed American Tourist!! lol
Sorry.
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:59 pm

"Hi everyone" enters mary cheerfully.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379

Back to top Go down

Post by PIMP Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Hey merry Mary!! lol!
PIMP
PIMP
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 pm

Squirt! don't get upset chickie! they are just teasing each other! it's part of their love/hate relationship
(that was meant to be a joke so please nobody get upset here Very Happy:D Laughing)
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:00 pm

jonezn4Bones wrote:
I am being BRUTALIZED, here. I am not a game hunt. I am not your sport! (Oh hell, I'm already your door mat -might as well be anything else you want!)

you´re exaggerating, bobo... not my door mat, my bathroom mat - better? And if I recall correctly, YOU begged me to talk to you Wink
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next