Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli

+8
marymageli
Lo
mereva
katarina
piratesmiley
Evi
Sarah9488
willgirl
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli Empty On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Earlier I reported on the TV Fest held in Monte Carlo which David attended yesterday. On the official website of the event I have just found a magazine sort of thing with David's day at the Fest.

There is article on him accompanied by some pictures. There are some season 4 hints, unfortunately, all is in French. Does anyone speak French here? PLS help me. There is something about the England shooting, about location (London and Oxford but we already know that), something about the black humour of the British, and about Brennan having lecture in Oxford but of course I could be wrong.

Below is an excerpt from the article with the link. I would appreciate if somebody translated it. Thnx in advance. The magazin is in pdf format, so if you prefer it that way, go for it. Just look for David.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

La saison 4 s’annonce plus fantaisiste et riche
en rebondissements avec des mises en situation
physique du duo ainsi que des frictions causées par
l’intervention de nouveaux personnages féminins.
Une nouveauté également : certains épisodes
seront tournés à Londres où Temperance donnera
un discours à Oxford et l’agent Booth se rendra à
Scotland Yard. Le pays rêvé pour David Boreanaz qui
pourra mesurer son humour noir à l’humour British…
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli Empty Re: On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:51 pm

Rough translation: Season 4 is announced as being more exciting and rich in new situations/physical locations for the duo, but also with some friction caused by the introduction of new female characters. Another new aspect; some episodes will turn to London where Temperance will give a lecture in Oxford and Agent Booth will go to Scotland Yard. This is a dream country for DB to compare his dark comedy with British humour.

For those who aren't sure, Scotland Yard is a large Police organisation that polices London, and Oxford University is big and old-fashioned. (Also, FYI, Oxford does not equal London. It's about 90 mins away and is a separate city.)
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli Empty Re: On Season 4 Premiere, Yanks in the UK-Mary Mageli

Post by Sarah9488 Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:53 am

uh... female characters. I hit the jealousy button.
although I don't want Booth to have another love interest (okay, there's nomention of a new love interest for Booth, but I'm reading things into it)...

and Oxford. It's so beautiful. Honestly I love that they are shooting at a place I visited. I'll be shouting "I know that place" and thinking yay, I've been at the exact same place Booth and Brennan are now...
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:08 am

I don't want him to either, Sarah!
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1276
Say What You Want : I cried like a baby. And I was evil then!..... twitter.com/wendyyoung
Registration date : 2008-06-13

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com

Back to top Go down

Post by piratesmiley Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 am

foreign females? dun dun dun...
piratesmiley
piratesmiley
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 197
Say What You Want : "I can read people's auras." "What color is mine?" "Sunset-y. It's like a sunset. Congratulations, it's a really good color."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 pm

Sarah9488 wrote: and Oxford. It's so beautiful. Honestly I love that they are shooting at a place I visited. I'll be shouting "I know that place" and thinking yay, I've been at the exact same place Booth and Brennan are now...
Me too! Although do we know if they're actually filming in Oxford? Because it's exam time at the moment, so I doubt whether any colleges will let film crews in till they're over?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:24 am

Never mind, here's a press release...

LONDON CALLING FOR “BONES”

SERIES HEADS TO THE U.K. TO SHOOT SPECIAL TWO-HOUR PREMIERE AIRING WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, ON FOX

Cast and producers from BONES have crossed the pond to shoot in London this month, the first time the series has shot at an international location or outside Southern California. Partners DR. TEMPERANCE BRENNAN (Emily Deschanel) and SPECIAL AGENT SEELEY BOOTH (David Boreanaz) make the trip from Washington, DC, to Scotland Yard as television’s most addictive and amusing procedural shoots scenes for a special two-hour premiere event airing Wednesday, Sept. 3 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Principal photography begins on Saturday, June 14. Shooting at various locations in and around London, including the Thames River and Oxford University, BONES production will be in the U.K. for several weeks to complete scenes for the show’s Season Four two-part premiere episode, “Yanks in the U.K.” Additional locations include shooting near the historic Tower Bridge, the stately Lambeth Palace, official residence of the Archbishop of Canterbury, as well as throughout the streets of the city.

“We are immensely pleased to be shooting our Season Four opener in England and are eager to work with the excellent cast and crew available in the U.K. BONES has never shot much more than a few miles outside of Los Angeles before, so we may as well start small by leaving the continent,“ said creator and executive producer Hart Hanson.

The premiere episode finds Brennan guest-lecturing at Oxford University and Booth speaking at Scotland Yard when they are asked by local officials to lend their expertise to a high-profile murder investigation involving a young British heiress.

Source: Fox
Thanks to [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:28 am

thanks for the news bertie
katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:42 am

Sarah9488 wrote:uh... female characters. I hit the jealousy button.
Yeah, it seems to be so. Mad According to DB, "...there will be some female characters introduced who will cause some friction". (Source: [Only admins are allowed to see this link] )
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:31 pm

hm sounds like it will definitely be hiliarious. although there is a female character coming into play. Booth might get a kick out of making Brennan jealous. I don't know why, but I could see him teasing her with it and never really being into the woman himself. If that makes sense.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:27 pm

Why, welcome to the ABY, Lo!! So good to see newbies. Enjoy your stay; browse freely, comment on things and if you are up for a talk then chat with us over the IHBFC. See you soon!
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by marymageli Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:07 am

Have you heard about the Banff World Television Festival held in Alberta, Canada between 8 and 11 June? Well, I haven't. It's a conference for producers and show runners to talk about their creative work and some forthcoming juicy bits on shows. Hart Hanson attended it and, according to the article, he talked to Blogcritics Magazine about FOX's viewpoint on the 2-hour S4 premiere episode and about what S3 finale lacked.

Bones

Hart Hanson, creator of the romantic comedy procedural crime drama – say that twice – would say little about the new season other than that the two-hour premiere was being shot in England, and he remains puzzled as to why FOX agreed to the expensive proposition. "It's a huge pain in the ass to write," he indicated, saying the network wanted it to be a cohesive episode but able to be aired as two separate episodes. "So it has to be seamless but with a great big seam in it." About the plot, all he would say was that "someone's going to die, and we find their bones."

As for the fate of Zack (Eric Millegan), Hanson was apologetically unapologetic. He believes in the creative choice to shake up the ensemble, indicated that because they hadn't killed the character, the door was open to revisit Zack "with his poor hands in black gloves or something," but admitted that the strike-shortened season made that arc too compressed. "It should have been seamless. We failed. There are no excuses in television. We should have found a way to make it land more elegantly."

Hmm. So it seems the premiere will consist of 2 (semi-)separate episodes somehow woven into one another. Not sure how it'll work. But no worries, I have faith in the writers! Also, it's interesting to read about he was well aware of the shortcomings of the finale.
marymageli
marymageli
Master Criminal
Master Criminal

Number of posts : 28379

Back to top Go down

Post by Evi Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 am

Many/most/all? 2 hour episodes are written completely separately. Likely so the network can air it together or apart, whatever they please.
Evi
Evi
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1276
Say What You Want : I cried like a baby. And I was evil then!..... twitter.com/wendyyoung

http://www.obsessedwithbones.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phoebsfan Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:52 pm

the last eps of Lost this season were aired together and I couldn't tell the division point... however in New Zealand they were aired two different weeks as two different episodes... it's the first time I've seen a two hour ep that I didn't know when they'd cut it.... So not only do the networks have that freedom but other networks that they sell their shows to do as well. It's handy with rerunning them too.
phoebsfan
phoebsfan
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4792

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:05 pm

does anyone know the cast list for this epi..i would love to know who else is involved, i hope they got a good british cast..dont want to let the show down?..anyone?
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TemperTemper Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 pm

magicstar wrote:does anyone know the cast list for this epi..i would love to know who else is involved, i hope they got a good british cast..dont want to let the show down?..anyone?

I was thinking this too. Will be funny when we recognise people magic Smile

Bertie - any news from campus? I will be SO jealous if you get to see filming!!
TemperTemper
TemperTemper
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-06-17

http://tempertemper77.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by katarina Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:42 pm

TV Guide´s Matt Mitovich has some news about the season premiere, including some casting news:

katarina
katarina
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 5354

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:47 am

TemperTemper wrote:Bertie - any news from campus? I will be SO jealous if you get to see filming!!
*pouts* I had to come home! Sad Term's finished so there aren't many students left there now. Best guess is that they'll be filming in Oxford after London as it's exam-time now so the University probably won't be keen on disruptions... But I don't know which college (if any) they'll be in - most are fairly camera-friendly anyway as Morse/Lewis film there. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by magicstar Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:20 am

and female love interest..yay..go booth..about time!!!..brennan had sully...and rebecca doesn't count....looking forward to this and i know i am probably one of a minority....but i like friction and tension!!!
magicstar
magicstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11652
Say What You Want : Leader of the puritan party...pimp is my right hand man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 am

Hey Magic, don't know if this is old news...But anyway over at TV Guide's (Mitovich's mega minute) he says that Indira Varma is going to be in the UK Ep. She's been in 3lbs and Torchwood (as far as I can remember) And the bloke is going to be Andrew Buchan. Who's in ITV1's The Fixer (?) and Cranford (he was he fella that fell out of the tree and broke his arm...) Now Indra's got no regional accent but Andrew comes from Bolton...Eeee, it's grim up north!. So we could have a hint of a regional accent?
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:25 am

Wasn't Indira Varma in the 1st season of Rome as well? So she should be vaguely familiar to Americans... No idea who Andrew Buchan is, but yay for Northern accents. Smile

You from the UK, Tink? If you are, which part?

Back to top Go down

Post by TinkonBrink Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:32 am

Hey Bertie... Updated my profile so now it tells you! I'm from Liverpool (Capital of Culture 2008!...though at the moe it's more like Capital of Concrete with all the new building work going on!)
TinkonBrink
TinkonBrink
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 652
Say What You Want : A Reporter sat under a Fig Tree one night,
"Where art thou Booth?" She said.
The lightning went Flash!
The tree went Crash!
And squashed the Reporter quite dead.
*Sigh* Isn't poetry lovely?

http://twitter.com/TinkonBrink/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:02 am

Yay for Liverpool and fellow Northerner! Smile (I'm from Manchester, but my bf's from Liverpool.) Love your avie btw... You should stick your head in the IHBFC if you're ever bored - there aren't many people there atm, but it's a pretty interesting place sometimes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:48 am

im totally american so im not following the northern accent thing and the excitement of it. haha. but ya it looks like this premiere is going to be good. it would be really cool to be in London for all that.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah9488 Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:26 pm

I love the British accent. It sounds so intelligent. Reminds me of that letter John Cleese wrote to the USA.
Sarah9488
Sarah9488
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1104
Say What You Want : Avatar: https://twitter.com/bitsy_bones

http://www.myspace.com/sarah9488

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum