Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs

2 posters

Go down

2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs Empty 2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm

I thought this up about 10 days ago and I finally took the chance and started it. I have never done first person before, but I thought I would take a stab at it. I only have this first chapter written, so please review and let me know what you think. I love my readers & reviewers!
SCENE: After Booth has been shot.

CHAPTER 1

There were flashes of lights, almost blinding. A screeching siren rang in my head. They were taking him away…wait!

“I want to ride with him,” I found myself yelling at the closest paramedic.

A man in an FBI jacket grabbed my arm.

“They’re doing everything they can for him. We need you to stay here for questioning,” the man instructed me.

I wasn’t about to let him stand in my way.

“That woman,” I said, pointing to the body bag being wheeled into the coroner’s van, “tried to shoot me, he took the bullet, she took aim at me again and I killed her. There…there are your answers,” I shot back at him and then I charged forward. But he pulled me back.

“Ma’am, he is getting the best care and I can’t let you go,” the agent responded, glaring at me condescendingly.

“Don’t ‘ma’am’ me, I’m his PARTNER!” I shouted. I could feel my jaw clench and my temples begin to pulse. I held his gaze and I once again stepped forward towards the ambulance.

And once again, a hand pulled me back. I wheeled around, my right fist clenched, only to see Angela’s hand on my arm.

“Sweetie, I’ll take you to the hospital in a little bit. They want your statement,” Angela told me gently. Her cheeks were blotchy. He’s not dead, why is she crying?!

“No, I need to go with him, Ang, I have—”

“Just breathe, Bren…Look at me,” she said and she grabbed my shoulders. I looked to the ambulance where I could see him being lifted into the back. I can tell the paramedics his condition, I was there; I know how he bled. “Look at me,” Angela repeated. I could feel the stinging behind my eyes as I looked to her. She smiled softly and turned to the FBI agent. “I’ll take it from here,” she told him.

The ambulance doors shut and the sirens started up again. I watched it take Booth away and my first instinct was to run after it, but I knew that wasn’t logical, so I turned to Angela instead.

“I just…that bullet should have hit me,” I blurted without even thinking. I don’t know what to think right now.

Angela looked at me with those eyes and a tear fell from her left eye.

“It doesn’t matter what should have happened. This is what did happen. And it’s awful and it’s horrible and it’s okay to be scared for him because I am, too,” Angela said.

I looked back at her, slightly taken aback. “I’m not scared. I could be of use to the paramedics, tell them how he was…shot and where he…” I sputtered, the tears welling in my eyes as I crossed my arms, shivering a bit at the bite in the air. I suddenly realized that I wasn’t making any sense. The paramedics would know how and where he was shot; they didn’t need me for that. Then why did I want to be in that ambulance so badly?

Angela gave me a squeeze on my shoulders and she was about to give me a hug when another FBI agent interrupted.

“Dr. Brennan. I need to take your statement, you’re the only one left,” a short man with a mustache informed me.

“Right,” I whispered as I glanced over at Angela.

“I’ll be right here and then we’ll go,” she told me.

I sighed and nodded. “Let’s make this quick,” I told the agent, staring him straight in the eyes. I wasn’t about to let some smarmy investigator take up much of my time when Booth could be fighting for his life without anyone by his side.
So, what d'ya think? It's all Brennan. I hope I can capture her thoughts and emotions. Let me know how I'm doing!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs Empty Re: 2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs

BGWGscienceteacher:

OH, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

I could feel what she was feeling (pain, frustration, anger, etc.) as I was reading this. Please keep going.

I'm normally not one for angst, but since I know that Booth is actually going to be okay, and maybe Brennan can figure a few things out along the way, I can live with this angst.

PPS
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs Empty Re: 2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs

Meegs82:

Okay, it isn't looking like anyone is interested in this besides BGWG. I was getting excited about it, but if noone is going to read, I guess I shouldn't bother.
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Frona:

i just read this and i think you should continue!!!! im excited about it tooo!!!
~Frona
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

marymageli:

Meegs, PLS don't get discouraged! Your piece is looking good. Just get on with it, girl. On the homefront I haven't seen you for ages. What's up? Any letters from the show?
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Meegs82:

And I meant the "News" thread, mary, not "Show Discussion
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

MaryMageli:

Oh, to tell the truth I have found your news of show earlier, I have even left a comment.

I am sorry for your family, I feel for you, girl. My sincere condolences....It must be a really hard period in your family. If you need a talk you can reach at anytime...
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:16 pm

Meegs82:

UPDATED!!! I reworked the second chapter and this is the result. Please read and review:
CHAPTER 2

“What do you mean, you can’t tell me where he is?” I yelled at the nurse, who had a nose of a pig, I found myself thinking.

“I’m sorry, you’re not family and you’re not FBI and I am under direct orders not to give out his location,” the nurse told me.

“Direct orders? From who? Director Cullen? Because I know him and trust me, he doesn’t like it when I’m mad,” I spat at her. This woman thinks she can play games with me? My head was pounding and my hair was wet from the mist in the air. I folded my arms across my chest and glared at her. From the corner of my eye, I could see Angela standing there, probably wondering when exactly to step in.

“I’m sorry, ma’am,--“

Oh, that is it! “Don’t call me ma’am! Dammit, I am his PARTNER, okay?! His PARTNER! He took that bullet for ME and I have every right to know if he is dead or alive!” I barked, my eyes widening with every word. It wasn’t until after my rant that I realized my hands were on pig-woman’s shoulders and that my face was a mere 3 inches from hers. My teeth were clenched and I could already feel my jaw beginning to ache.

“Okay, alright. Bren, just…take a breath and step back,” Angela said and I could feel her hands on my shoulders, pulling me back.

I didn’t look at Angela, but I released my grip on the nurse and stepped away. I didn’t look at the nurse either. Instead, I started pacing in some sort of effort to get a handle on the situation. He’s probably in surgery. That would make the most sense, they would need to remove the bullet. I know he lost consciousness, I tried shaking him, but his grip on my hand loosened. I checked his pulse and it was faint, but it was there. And then the paramedics got there and everything turned chaotic. And now, standing in the ER at Georgetown, I still had no idea where he was or what condition he was in. Rational, Brennan, think rationally…he’s in surgery…but why is the nurse under orders not to reveal his status or location? What is that all about? I’m his PARTNER!

Just as the anger was boiling inside me again, Angela reappeared.

“I told her you were his girlfriend and the only thing she gave up is that’s he’s in surgery,” Angela informed me. Just as I thought.

“Why isn’t she allowed to tell me anything? ‘Direct orders?’ And I’m not ‘family,’ well, have they called Parker or his parents or anyone? Someone in his family should know that he’s been shot,” I said to Angela and I felt the stinging return to my eyes. Shot. Booth has been shot. And the bullet was meant for me. And that was all I needed to refuel my desire to find out what was happening to my partner, to my Booth. “I should…make her tell me. I could probably smack her around and get her to talk,” I offered. I could feel my eyes darting around and I was shifting from one foot to the other.

“Bren, this isn’t an interrogation room. It’s a hospital. And you most definitely cannot go around accosting the nurses who work here. It might work on a suspect, but you’re gonna get arrested if you try it. I already had to convince her not to call security,” Angela told me.

“Yeah, by telling her I was his girlfriend, which is a lie,” I reminded her.

“Does that really matter right now?” she asked, giving me that “Angela” look of hers.

I tilted my head and looked at her for a long few moments. No, it didn’t matter. What mattered was that he was getting the best care he needed. Georgetown is one of the finest and he is an FBI agent, so it only makes sense that he would be getting the best possible care. But something inside of me was telling me that something was off, that something was askew. I knew I probably shouldn’t read too much into it since I am terrible with instinct, but it was bothersome.

I sighed. “No, I just…want to know if he’s alright,” I admitted. I dropped my shoulders and sighed once more.

“I know, sweetie. And since you are his partner, I’m sure you’ll be one of the first to hear when he gets out of surgery. The FBI probably doesn’t want anything leaking out about one of their own, that’s why pig-woman is under orders,” Angela reassured me and at her last remark, my eyes widened and I gestured to my friend.

“You think she has a pig nose, too?” I asked.

Angela smiled. “She is definitely boarish. And she’s on a power trip. Forget about her, let me take you home,” Angela offered as she put her hand on my arm and squeezed.

Logically, it made sense. I was probably not going to learn anything from anyone at the hospital. I could try calling Cullen, but I didn’t expect to get any information from him either. He probably wouldn’t even take my call, come to think of it. But I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to find Booth and I wanted to see with my own eyes that he was still alive and breathing. I know how much he was bleeding, but at least the bullet didn’t hit anywhere near his heart. That was a good thing, but the bullet could have caused his right lung to collapse. He was having trouble breathing…

“Sweetie,” Angela’s voice brought me out of my daze. She must have noticed that I was in a reverie because she shook me slightly as she spoke. “Come on. I’ll take you home,” she said as she stepped towards me.

“No, Ang. I can’t. I’m not leaving here until I see him. I promise not to assault another nurse, but I’m staying,” I replied and I watched her face fall. I thought she would try harder, try to convince me to get some rest…but she didn’t. She simply reached forward and kissed me on the cheek as she squeezed my right hand with hers. As she pulled away, she smiled softly and gave me another quick squeeze.

I watched her disappear through the sliding glass doors and suddenly, something occurred to me: we’re in my car. How is she going to get home? Just as I was about to run to the parking lot, Angela reappeared with 2 cups of coffee and two bags from Starbucks. I wrinkled my brow, extremely confused.

“Hodgins sends his love,” she said, handing me a steaming cup as she walked past me and over to the chairs.

I stayed in my place, holding the coffee cup slightly out in front of me. I watched her sit and get situated as she pulled a piece of coffee cake out of the bag. When had she called him? How does she know me so damn well? I was still staring at her with a puzzled look when she spoke.

“Here, cinnamon coffee cake. Eat,” she said, smiling softly as she set a bag on the seat next to her.

I closed my eyes and smiled slightly. She wasn’t going to leave my side, I should have known. I walked to the chairs and picked up the brown bag and took a seat next to her. She took a bite of her cake and I watched her chew. What did I do to deserve her? I could never be as good a friend to her as she was to me. She took a sip of her coffee and then looked over at me. I was still staring at her with a slight smile.

“Eat, sweetie,” she repeated.

But I didn’t eat. I sat for a few moments, the smile fading from my face. And then I put my head on her shoulder and I cried. Angela took my hand and she didn’t let go. As a tear spilled down my cheek, I thought of Booth. I tried not to let my mind create scenarios that could be taking place at that moment, but it was nearly impossible. As my mind raced and the tears continued to flow, I squeezed Angela’s hand…and I closed my eyes and thought back to earlier that night when I had walked into that karaoke bar. Booth was so excited. He had taken me by surprise, that was for sure, but I really hadn’t cared. His smile had been so big when I looked over at him from the stage. He had been having a blast. I had been having a blast. It was a good night…and then it all came to a screeching halt when that gunshot rang out. I replayed it all in my head and I saw him fall to the ground. I saw the blood begin to spill. I felt the blood ooze between my fingers. I felt his hand clutching mine. I saw the fear in his eyes. Booth had been scared…and that was something new. His eyes revealed everything and then they had fluttered shut. At the thought, I shuddered and Angela whispered something I didn’t really hear. And my mind went back to him lying there on that floor. And there I was…helpless. Trying to tell him to fight it, to not give in. I was just as helpless then as I am right now, sitting in this waiting room. The only difference is that right now, I’m not there to tell him to fight and not to give in. He has to do it all on his own.
Let me know what you think! More soon!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Back to top Go down

2 Weeks Missing - Filler between "Wannabe & Pain"-Meegs Empty Love this story!

Post by >^..^< Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:11 am

MEEGS!!!! I had been reading this story in the old boneyard and posted a comment but you never kept going! I hope that you keep going here! I love it! This reminds me so much of that song by Snow Patrol "Open your eyes"! PPS cat
>^..^<
>^..^<

Number of posts : 4
Say What You Want : B on B action...what more do you want??? LOL
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum