Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

+12
willgirl
carolelr
pretty_green_eyes
mereva
Cassiopeia
TheBanana
Virpukka
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
A2BOREANAZ
Polygirl
AnabelleG
ehbee
16 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) - Page 6 Empty Re: Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

Post by ehbee Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Same thing goes for you missie (AnaG) you know I love ya and all but COME ON!!!!.

I believe a2b requested a Valentine's Day (not that I think we should even have to request it since you know we just love our Cee Cee to bits and pieces).

And what happened the 14th of February... N...O.....T....H....I.....N.....G!!!!.
We haven't gotten a new one in THE LONGEST TIME EEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!!!!!!!!!!

and I am fully and completely aware I must sound like a cry baby ... but someone's got to point out to your forgetful ways chickie!.
And DITTO with Journey's End!.
Which I am goint to hunt down right now.

Turi ray of sunshine
ehbee
ehbee
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 728
Say What You Want : A pregnant goldfish is called a 'twit'
Registration date : 2008-05-30

Back to top Go down

Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) - Page 6 Empty Re: Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007)

Post by AnabelleG Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

A/N: First, apologies for taking so very long to update Cee Cee's adventures....I've been trying but nothing I've written has been quite right. Having said that, this is different from the usual Cee Cee fare and a full tissue warning is in effect.

And finally, this is for Wills, Turi and A2B, for never letting me forget Celia Joy and turning dedication into a much appreciated art form.

Cee Cee didn’t understand.

First, Aunt Amy had made her put on this dress. Cee Cee liked dresses and this was extra pretty cause it some lacy stuff on it and a ribbon that tied around her waist. But it was grey and grey was a very quiet color. She didn’t want to wear it. But Aunt Amy said it was more ‘propriate than the purple one she really wanted to wear. Purple was a very big color and Papa Max liked all the big colors. ‘Cept for orange. He told her that himself. And it was a party for Papa Max so a big color like purple would be ‘propriate for sure.

Cee Cee spent a lot of time thinking Aunt Amy wasn’t being very nice, especially when she made her take off her cowboy boots too and put on the shiny shoes that made her toes hurt. She told Aunt Amy she was gonna ask her daddy and he would let her wear ‘em. But Aunt Amy said that her mama and daddy were with Uncle Russ doing something for Papa Max. Then Cee Cee stopped thinking about her shoes and tried to think of what the surprise was. That had to be where Mama and Daddy were. They were getting a surprise for Papa Max’s party. Maybe a big present. Papa Max liked presents more than Cee Cee did.

She started to think things were going to be okay after that. Till they got to the party at Papa Max’s house. And that’s when Cee Cee got very, very confused.

Papa Max liked to have lotsa music and to make every body laugh. He was always telling lotsa jokes and tickling her and pretending he could take a quarter out of her ear even though Cee Cee knew her ear wasn’t big enough to hide a whole quarter. But she pretended right back cause Papa Max liked it a whole lot. And he liked to tell stories and eat cookies and he gave her gummy bears and chewing gum when mama wasn’t looking. Just cause it was fun. Papa Max liked to have fun. More than anything else.

And this party was not fun. Not fun at all. There was lots of food but it was the boring kind like cassyrolls and cut up fruit on plates. Definitely not the kind of food Papa Max would want at a party. There wasn’t any pizza or chicken wings or frenchy fries with ketchup and mustard all mixed up.

But the worst part was the people at the party. All of the friends in her family were there, plus a whole lotta people that Cee Cee had never seen before. But she figured that was cause Papa Max knew a whole bunch of people and probably had a hundred friends. But everyone was acting funny and not the good kind of funny. Nobody was being loud or laughing or singing or telling a story and there was no music and nobody was dancing around. They just stood still and talked like they were whispering and looked like they were sad. And not one person was wearing a big color. Cee Cee had walked around for a long time looking but she couldn’t find one anywhere. Not even orange.

Cee Cee decided to go outside and wait for Mama and Daddy to bring the surprise. And maybe by then Papa Max would be back and every one could start having a good time.

She sat on the steps and looked at the street. More and more people kept coming to the house. And the finally, finally she saw her daddy’s car. She ran down the sidewalk as fast as she could so she could tell them how much they had to fix Papa Max’s party.

When she got there, her mama scooped her right up and hugged her so tight that she almost couldn’t breathe. And even though she was getting to be a big girl, her mama held her all the way to the steps of Papa Max’s house. That was when Cee Cee remembered what she was s’pposed to say.

“Mama, where’s the surprise? We need the surprise for the party. And when’s Papa Max getting here anyway cause….” Cee Cee stopped talking because all of the sudden her mama stopped walking and when she looked at her it looked like she was gonna cry.

“Mama?”

But her mama didn’t say anything except her daddy’s name and ‘please’ and that was all she said and she said it like the words were really shaky. Cee Cee started to get really worried then, ‘specially when her mama passed her to her daddy and then walked inside of Papa Max’s house.

“Daddy? Did I make Mama cry? I didn’t mean to….” she asked as they walked over to the big white swing in the corner of the porch.

“No, baby, it’s just that…..” He stopped talking while they sat down and she could tell he was thinking up the right words. And she started to know that something was really really wrong.

“Cee, do you remember what we talked about the other night? About your Papa Max?”

“Mm-hm. You said he had gone away. But he’s coming back, right?”

“I’m so sorry sweetpea. He’s…he’s not coming back. He…..”

“He is too coming back, Daddy! Don’t say that he’s not cause he is. He is….” Cee Cee was talking really really loud and she was starting to cry but she didn’t care if she wasn’t being a big girl. She wanted Papa Max to come back. And find the quarters in her ears and finishing telling her the story about when Mama was a little girl and she….

“Don’t cry, baby. Shhh. It’s gonna be okay….” Her daddy was hugging her and rubbing his hand on her back and that just made her cry harder because she knew her daddy never told her fibs and that meant Papa Max really wasn’t coming back.

Cee Cee cried for a long time until her throat hurt and her nose was all runny and she had the hic-em-ups. And even when she ran out of water to cry any more she still felt she could cry forever. But since she couldn’t she put her head next to her daddy’s shoulder and decided she would stay there forever instead.

“Why can’t he come back, Daddy?” She asked as she put her hand on her daddy’s tie. It was one of his red ones that mama liked to buy for him and it was the first big color that Cee Cee had seen all day. And right then, even though she didn’t know why, Cee Cee really really needed to see big colors.

“His…his heart got sick.”

“And the doctor couldn’t fix it?”

“No, Cee, they tried very hard but…”

“I know! We can get him to come back and take him to Zachaddy and Hodgie and they can fix him cause they are geniuses. Mama said so and….”

“Celia….”

Cee Cee stopped talking then. She knew just by the way he said her name that it really was too late to fix Papa Max’s heart. It still didn’t make any sense and it still made her sad but she knew her daddy was telling her the truth.

They sat there for a long time and it was really quiet. Daddy pushed the swing slow with his feet and let her stay there and hold onto his tie for as long as she wanted. Cee Cee had about a million thoughts in her head all at the same time.

She wondered about where Papa Max had gone and what it would be like to never ever see him again. And what it felt like when his heart got sick. And why they were having a party for him when he wasn’t going to be there and how long it would be before they could sing and tell jokes and stuff like that again. Maybe they weren’t supposed to any more cause every one was so sad. She wanted to ask her daddy so many things but she didn’t know which one to ask him first.

And then she heard a question inside her head that made her more scared than she had ever been in her whole entire life. Even more than when there were monsters in her closet and they weren’t her friends yet.

“Daddy?”

“Yeah, Cee?”

“Are you gonna go away like Papa Max?”

Her daddy didn’t answer her right away and she knew he was thinking of the right words again. She wanted to look up so she could see his face and try to think what he was thinking about. But she didn’t. Sometimes it was a good thing when Daddy was trying to think of the right words and sometimes it wasn’t a good thing at all.

“No. Not for a long, long time.”

“Promise?”

“Yeah, baby girl. Promise.”

And for the first time in a long, long time Cee Cee felt not so sad. Because even though Papa Max went away and if Papa Max went away forever and wouldn’t come back, that meant that her daddy could go away too, her daddy didn’t tell her fibs.

Cee Cee decided she didn’t want to ask anymore questions. They were hard questions that made her think about bad things. So she sat there while her daddy moved the swing back and forth and felt his chest move up and down and listened to his heart go thump-thump and made sure it wasn’t sick.
Then she remembered something else.

“Daddy, I gotta go do something.” She said and slid down off the swing.

“Cee, are you….”

She hugged him as hard as she could and gave him a kiss.

“It’s real real ‘mportant, Daddy.”

She had to hurry. Cause the thing she remembered was that Papa Max wasn’t just her Papa Max. He was her mama’s Daddy too.

Her mama wasn’t with the other people in the sad party. Cee Cee looked forever and couldn’t find her until she looked in Papa Max’s bedroom.

The room was really dark and her mama was lying on the bed. It almost looked like she was taking a nap ‘xcept she was wearing one of Papa Max’s shirts and Cee Cee could hear her crying even though her face was hiding in the pillow.

It scared her some because her mama was crying and it made her want to cry too. But more than all of those things, she wanted to make her mama feel better. But she didn’t know how.

But then her mama sat in the bed and held out her arms and Cee Cee hurried as fast as she could. And when she was there she hugged her mama as tight as she could and rubbed her hand on her mama’s back and said, “Shhh. It’s gonna be okay. Don’t cry.”

Just like her Daddy had done to make her feel better.

Cee Cee didn’t know if she was doing it right and thought she might need to go get her daddy to help her. But then her mama finally did stop crying even though she didn’t stop hugging Cee Cee.

“Mama?”

“Yes, Celia?”

“I’m sorry your daddy went away.”

“Me too, baby. Me too.”

Cee Cee tried to think of something else to say but she could only think of one thing.

“I don’t think Papa Max would like his party very much.”

“You know what, I think you’re right.” And even though her mama’s words were still shaky, she finally let go of Cee Cee and looked at her. Her mama tried to smile and it wasn’t a very good smile, but Cee Cee could tell she was trying real hard.
Cee Cee thought that was a good thing, so she decided to keep talking about the party. Maybe her mama would smile for real after a little while.

“Cause there’s not even any music.”

“Hmm. Dad did like….”

“Maybe we could sing a song!” Cee Cee said, a little excited by her idea. She waited to see if her mama liked it too. It took her a little while to say anything, but then she finally nodded her head.

“That’s a great idea. What do you think we should sing?”

Cee Cee didn’t have to think about it for one second. She knew what Papa Max’s favorite song in the whole wide world was.

“The Trying Song.”

Her mama closed her eyes for a long time and Cee Cee thought she had messed everything up again. And then she heard something. It was really, really quiet but her mama started to sing.

“I’ve been think bout all times you told me….”

When her mama got to the part where Cee Cee knew the words, she started to sing too.

“So I keep on trying, now….”

They sang the whole song all the way to the end. After that it was really quiet in Papa Max’s room. So quiet that they could hear the people outside, and they were all talking and some of them were laughing and then Cee Cee heard someone put on some music. It had finally turned into a party that Papa Max would like.

But Cee Cee decided that she didn’t want to go to the party any more. She wanted to be there because the shirt her mama was wearing still smelled like Papa Max even though he wasn’t there any more. And because she wanted to keep singing all the songs that he liked until her mama could smile a good smile again.
AnabelleG
AnabelleG
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 463
Say What You Want : meh....i got nothing
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Polygirl Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:55 pm

oh ana so sad but so very cute and sweet at the same time
Polygirl
Polygirl
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10721
Say What You Want : There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm

okay........for the love of booths socks and all that is sexy.............you freakin killed grandpa????? just what the hell is up with you........i know your job is taking you to many diff places.......but you took it out on max??????????? YOU REALLY DID KILL SOMEONE IN A CEE CEE FIC..........i still dont believe it......oh this time you have gone tooooooooooooooo far miss ana...........but enough of my ranting.........

i knew about 5 lines in they were going to a funeral or that someone had died......and when booth was explaining to her max's heart was sick.........omg.........and i loved this line.....'“I know! We can get him to come back and take him to Zachaddy and Hodgie and they can fix him cause they are geniuses. ' oh my poor cee cee...........

and making sure his heart was okay...........glad i got that extra stock in kleenex...............

oh and brennan lying on the bed............cee cee running to her.......rubbing her back.......and if that wasnt enough............the freakin 'trying' song............again........wtf?????????? it was soooooooo freakin brilliant...........so sweet............and sooooooooooooooooooooo sad..............but i do believe you are trying to give me some kind of angst attack.......or trying to kill me............

turi will not be happy with this............just a warning.........

ana........that even though sad...........was absolutely perfect............thank you a million times for FINALLY posting...................now the next one........she must come into the cafe and tell me all about max........so i can give her a special cupcake.............

you rock ana.............and you thought it may be crap..............yeah okay...........

thank you thank you thank you..........
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 35708

Back to top Go down

Post by Karlia-Wicked-Witch Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:18 pm

man! this was awesome!
I LOVE this fic!You can describe Cee-cee's feelings so well and thoughts...it's brilliant!
Almost cried reading that Papa Max died!
Can't wait for more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cyclops:
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Karlia-Wicked-Witch
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 16090
Say What You Want : Buena Suerte Y Adios Mis Amigos <3
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Virpukka Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:11 pm

YOU KILLED THE GRANDPA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? How could you????? I can't believe you....

Huh, now after getting that out of my system I can say that what a piece! Girl you really can write and that was at the same time so sad but so sweet. CeeCee is defenitely my favourite fanfiction character who is not in the real show. That little girl is briljant piece of your creativity.

I would like to write to you more but I must say that I don't have any words left, I'm speachless... *goes to look tissue from somewhere...* No
Virpukka
Virpukka

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBanana Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:44 pm

That was just heartbreaking. You did a wonderful job with the emotions. I liked how Cee Cee was trying to cheer up Brennan, very sweet.
TheBanana
TheBanana

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:23 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

She looks like Cee Cee, maybe Wink
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by AnabelleG Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:36 pm

Well...it has been a little while since I've posted a Cee Cee adventure...and I'm not sure how this one turned out...I'm feeling a little rusty....but I can say that there's no more character death (at least in this fic anyway!)....hope you enjoy....Ana

Cee Cee knew that it wasn’t the best thing to do, but the question just got bigger and bigger in her head until she just had to ask.

“Is it time yet?”

“No. Not yet.” Her mama answered. She didn’t sound mad that Cee Cee had asked again but Cee Cee knew that she was pushing her luck. That’s what her daddy said when her mama got the pinchy face. That somebody was pushing their luck.

So, she sat down on the couch and sighed. She wasn’t trying to be a pest but she was so excited and just wanted the clock to hurry up so that it would be time. She had already been waiting forever and ever to go. And now that it was finally the day…

She waited until the red numbers on the clock on her mama’s desk had changed three times.

“Can we go early, Mama?”

“Celia Joy…”

“Sorry.”

And Cee Cee really was sorry. She didn’t want to get in trouble. Not today. It was too ‘mportant. Then her mama came and sat down beside her.

“Look, Cee Cee. I know you’ve been looking forward to this…”

“A whole lot, Mama.”

“…but I just need you to be a little patient. Why don’t you go pick out a book to read? I promise, it will be time to go before you know it.”

“Okay.” Cee Cee said and started to walk to her room. She didn’t want to read a book and really didn’t think it was going to make the clock go any faster, but she knew she couldn’t ask again or her mama might not let her go at all.

Cee Cee was looking at the pictures in the bug book Hodgie had given her last Christmas and was trying to decide if the catapillars got lonely in the cocoons all by themselves when she heard her mama calling her name.

“Celia, time to go!”

She forgot about the catepillars and the cocoons right away. Her mama had been right. Reading a book had make the clock go faster and now it was time to go! She hurried to the den.

“I’m all ready, Mama.” She said right before she ran straight into her mama in the hallway.

“I see that, Celia.”

“And I was real good at being patient, wasn’t I, Mama?”

Cee Cee didn’t wait for an answer. She took her mama’s hand and started to lead her down the hallway.

“Hurry up, Mama. We’re gonna be late!”

xxxxxx

Cee Cee pushed open the door and then stopped to look around the room. It looked a whole lot different without all of the people and all of the tables were empty. She turned around to make sure her mama was behind her. Now she wasn’t sure this was a good idea.

“Cee Cee?”

She heard the voice calling her name and and all of the sudden she forgot all about the room looking funny.

“Darla!” She ran to meet her friend and hugged her around the legs.

“Darla. Darla. Didn’t you think it took a long time for today to get here cause I did and look I wore the pink cowboy boots that you gave me for my birthday they are my favorite favorite and here we got you a present cause mama said you wouldn’t let us give you any money and I wrapped it all by myself well mama helped but…”

“Celia! Why don’t you let Darla say something too?” Her mama said. “Sorry, Darla. She’s been a little…”

“Excited? Don’t worry about it Dr…um, Tempe. I’ve been looking forward to it myself.”

“Are you sure it’s okay? I know this is your one day off and…”

Cee Cee held her breath when her mama asked the question. What if Darla did change her mind?

“And I can’t think of a better way to spend it. Honestly.”

“Okay, then.” Her mama leaned down and kissed her on the cheek. “You be good. And listen to Darla and….”

“I’ll be good. Promise!”

Cee Cee waited and practiced real hard at being patient while her mama and Darla talked some more. Then her mama was leaving and Darla held out her hand.

“Okay, Cee Cee. Looks like it is just us girls. Ready for your lesson?”

xxxxxxxxx

Cee Cee looked at Darla and then back at the small wooden door that had a sticker with her name on it in purple letters.

“My own cab’net?” She asked because she wasn’t sure it was real. She had never had her own cab’net before.

“Yes ma’am. Every cook needs to have a place for her supplies. Wanna take a look?”

“Mm-hm.” Cee Cee said and opened the door and she felt her eyes get real big. She couldn’t believe it. There were silver bowls. Big ones like grown ups use not the kind with cartoons and stuff on ‘em. And a jar holding some wooden spoons with long handles and some pans. A square one and a round one and one with the circles in it to make cupcakes.

Cee Cee realized that Darla was talking again.

“…and we’ll put these back and next time you come in for a lesson you can…”

She turned around real fast and hugged Darla again.

“Thank you sooooo much, Darla.”

“Well you are very welcome. Now, wanna grab one of those bowls and we’ll get started, okay?”

“Okay!” Cee Cee used two hands to pick up one of her very own silver bowls and followed Darla to the counter.

xxxxxxxx

Cee Cee paid attention to everything Darla said as she got down the bags of flour and sugar from the shelves and the eggs and some butter from the great big gigantic silver ‘frigerator. But there was one things she hadn’t said yet that Cee Cee wanted to know.

“What kinda cookies are we gonna make, Darla?”

“Um. I dunno. How ‘bout Cee Cee cookies?”

“Cee Cee cookies? That’s not a real thing is it, Darla?” Cee Cee had never heard of cookie with the same name as her.

“Sure it is, sweetpea.”

“What’s in ‘em?”

“What do you want to be in them?”

“I get to pick out what goes in the cookie?” Cee Cee couldn’t believe it. This was getting funner and more funner. She never got to pick out what got to go in the food. Not even when they had pizza for dinner cause nobody else wanted the ‘chovies on it ‘xcept for her.

“Of course. That’s why they’re called Cee Cee cookies.”

“Anything I want?”

“Anything in my pantry that can fit in a cookie. In fact…” Darla stopped as she shut the ‘frigerator door. “Why don’t we go pick them out now.”

Cee Cee slid from her wooden stool and started to follow Darla to the big pantry that Darla had pointed to before. She wanted her cookies to be really really special and taste better than anything in the world but she didn’t know what she was going to pick to put in them. Then she had an idea.

“Hey, Darla?”

“Yes, Cee Cee?”

“Do you have ‘chovies in your pantry?”
AnabelleG
AnabelleG
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 am

awwwwwwwwwwwww darla is giving her cooking lessons...........and she has her very own space.............omg.........ana as usual it was too cute for words.......of course its very dear to my own heart........well you know why..........you so rock at this.................you can put whatever you want in the cookies.............and out it comes 'chovies........lmao..whatever will darla do now.........she is a smart one though...she will figure it out........... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

and she even wore her cowboy boots.........SPLENDID......hee hee...........thanks ana for the cee cee fix.........was going thru withdrawl.............now that the shakes are gone........booth and bones can come and get cee cee.......and booth will maybe need to stay and cuff and question me about the ingredients in the cookies.......yeah.... yeah........oh ana you are soooooooooo bad..........i am turning this lovely little chap into smut........oh i will quit now..........

thanks again ana for the surprise...........wonderful as usual.........geesh.....always thinking its not up to par............puhleassssssssssssssse.................
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by mereva Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, so sweet! Cookies with ‘chovies should be really special! *ggg* Very Happy
mereva
mereva
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1841
Say What You Want : I'm frustrated and very annoyed by HH's 'brilliant ideas'.
All the credits for my avatar go to christinaof94 from LJ.
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:24 am

Wow i loved this chapter. so sweet.
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by carolelr Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Since this is the 3rd of a trilogy, and you give an addy for Parts 1 &2, don't you think that readers ought to be able to access parts 1 & 2? All I get is a message telling me that this is a private site and I don't have acess to it. If you want to let me read, either open you site, or email me with the passwords. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

carolelr

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 am

Hey Carole,

I'm not Ana G, but I realized that link was for the old ABY. You can find her fanfiction here: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by AnabelleG Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:08 pm

A/N: It's been a little while since the last Cee Cee, so I'm not so sure about this one...but it was fun to write for her again, so hopefully there will be more sooner rather than later. And a couple notes....this one's more from Booth's POV than Cee Cee....and even though it's Thanksgiving, this is a Halloween story. I know, a little late. But the muse gets persnickety when I question her timing,so.....well, enough writer-rambly....hope you enjoy! -Ana

After what seemed like an endless search, he had finally found it. Bright even shade of orange. No blemishes. Perfectly fat and round. Yep. He’d found the best one in the bunch. The perfect pumpkin for the Brennan-Booth front porch. He could picture it now—expertly carved jack-o-lantern with the candle inside, right there on the top step.

Pleased with himself, he couldn’t wait to show the kids, see the expression on their faces. Standing, he looked around the pumpkin patch. He quickly spotted Parker by the gate and started to wave him over, when he felt a tug on his sleeve. He looked down to find Cee Cee staring up at him.

“Hey, princess. Look what Daddy found. Isn’t it….”

“Daddy, you gotta come quick ‘fore someone else gets Charlie.”

“Charlie? Who’s Charlie?”

“The most perfectest pun’kin in the whole entire world, Daddy. His name is Charlie.”

“You named the pumpkin?”

“No, that’s just his name.”

“Oh-kay.”

“You gotta come see him.”

“Sure, sweetpea. Just let me talk to the man about this pumpkin right here and…”

“Now, Daddy, pleeeeaaase. We gotta hurry ‘fore someone takes him to their house.”

“Charlie, hm?” Booth asked, with last look at his own prize pumpkin pick before taking his daughter’s hand.

“Yeah, Daddy. He’s such a pretty punkin. I know you’ll like him.”

Cee Cee led him to the far corner of the pumpkin patch where someone had evidently decided to store the pumpkin rejects. Ugly. Pale. Warped. A sinking feeling grew the closer they got. And sure enough, Cee pointed to the king daddy loser pumpkin of them all.

“There’s Charlie, Daddy. Isn’t he pretty?” Cee Cee asked, leaning down to pat what he guessed was the top of the pumpkin.

Charlie was a sad, sad sight. The browning stem was split in two, one end pointing north, the other curling towards the ground. Someone had tipped it over to reveal a large flat area, faded to a dull yellow and pocked with dirt. And forget round…the shape was more like a mutant eggplant than the normal pumpkin shape.

“Can we take him home now, Daddy?”

“Uh, are you sure Cee? Cause I found this great pumpkin up at the front that…”

“But I like Charlie.”

He opened his mouth to try to persuade her, but closed it when he saw the look on his daughter’s face. He knew that look.

“Alright, sweetheart. Charlie can…”

“Yaay!” Cee Cee squealed in delight, wrapping her arms around his legs. “You are the best Daddy in the whole wide world.”

And just like that, Charlie didn’t seem like such a bad pumpkin. Not really.

xxxxxxxx

“Are we gonna decorate him now, Daddy?”

“Sure thing, Cee. Now what do you think? Big scary teeth and boogeyman eyes or…”

“No. Charlie’s a happy pun’kin. He should have a happy smile.”

“Alright, happy punkin it is.”

“Oops. I forgot. I’ve gotta go get something for Charlie, ‘kay Daddy?.”

“Sure, just….” He stopped, shaking his head as a very focused Cee Cee took off like a light in the direction of her room. He could only imagine what was in store for ‘Charlie’ when she got back.

Keeping an ear out for any crashes or bangs from Cee Cee’s room, he started gathering supplies. Knife for carving, bowl for pumpkin guts, paper towels to clean up the mess. Once everything was ready, he stared at the so-called pumpkin, wondering how he was going to manage to turn it into anything remotely resembling jack-o-lantern.

At a loss, he decided to go ahead and get things started—Cee Cee would be back in time to help scoop the goop out. He’d bet she would just love it—sticky, gooey, slimy. Right up her alley.

He’d just picked up the knife and put the tip to the top of the pumpkin, when a ear splitting shriek erupted behind him.

“Daaaadddyyyy!”

The instinctive panic set in immediately; he dropped the knife to the table and turned, prepared to race to Cee Cee’s room, only to find her standing in the doorway, eyes wide.

“Cee Cee, what’s wrong…”

“You were gonna cut up Charlie?”

“No. I mean….it’s time to carve the pumpkin, you know, make the happy smile, like we talked about?”

“But I don’t wanna hurt him. He’s my friend.”

“Cee, he…it....Charlie. He’s a pumpkin, sweetheart. It won’t hurt him. That’s what happens to…”

He stopped when he saw her lower lip start to tremble, signaling that tears were not far behind.

“I thought we were gonna decorate him all pretty, not c-cut h-him…”

“Oh, Cee, don’t cry. Daddy won’t hurt Charlie.”

“You p-promise?”

“Promise. Now can I have a hug?”

Cee Cee nodded, holding up her arms to him. He picked her up, holding her close as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Daddy?” She asked, the question muffled.

“Yeah, Cee?”

“Can Charlie go trick-or-treating too?

“Sure, baby, whatever you want.”

So that is how, after applying one Superman band-aid to the knick he’d made in Charlie, Special Agent Seeley Booth of the FBI found himself chauffeuring a lopsided pumpkin around in a little red wagon as his daughter went about the business of trick-or-treating.

And found himself smiling as he did. Because it turns out, Charlie wasn’t such a bad pumpkin after all. Not really.
AnabelleG
AnabelleG
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:14 pm

Well that was damned adorable!

*has sense of deja vu and realizes she probably made that comment before*

I love Cee Cee and I love Charlie the pumpkin!!
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:19 pm

ohhhhhhh ana.............can this get any more cuter??????? so freakin sweet of course.......again brilliant............you so rock at this.........and doesnt matter if the muse wants to write about halloween..........as long as she wants to talk about cee-cee.........all will be good.......cant wait for more..........of course........thanks ana........you made my bad mood go away a little............
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:08 pm

I wonder if the pumpkin is related to one Charlie Brown...

Haha that was awesome... I'm coughing again now especially because of the superman band aid comment.. thanks for the laugh!
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:57 am

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww it's all I can say awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww because I will probably write something that I have said before!! but it had ALL Of the classic moments that have made Cee Cee our fave !!

**Claps widly to AnaG without realizing that there is a pink rhinestone flip flop flying her way**

OUCH! OK OK OK

**claps and bows to the wonderful and MOST awesome musie in the whole wide world Frankie-Lou**

**rubs head**

Very Happy
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 39283
Say What You Want : Just another cashew in a town of mixed nuts
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pretty_green_eyes Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:58 am

i just saw this chapter and it was briliant. keep em coming Smile
pretty_green_eyes
pretty_green_eyes
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by A2BOREANAZ Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 am

ummmmmm ana........its been a really long long long time............

now what in the world have you been up to??????? real life stuff??????? hate how life gets in the way of certain things.............ugh................waiting patiently for cee cee......she now has a christmas and new years eve to celebrate.........i can see her peeking from the stairs down at the new years eve party.............or possibly leaving some of her favorite bugs for santa.....along with a microscope so he can check them out also............hee hee
A2BOREANAZ
A2BOREANAZ
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeddie Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 am

Awwww!! i love Cee Cee!! she's so cute!! update soon!! Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D:D
Zeddie
Zeddie
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12060
Say What You Want : Fanfiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done
in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk.
-- Henry Jenkins
Celia Joy - By Ana G (posted 10/09/2007) - Page 6 8d0b0409962e33290be09e7890718bde2b3c7fe1
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://www.fanfiction.net/~csiloverzed

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:39 pm

BUMP! Smile
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 am

Looks to me like that's a clue, that I need to head in here tonight for a nice little fanfic read! Thanx Turi.
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Turi ray of sunshine Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:49 am

DBCrazy wrote:Looks to me like that's a clue, that I need to head in here tonight for a nice little fanfic read! Thanx Turi.

Clever Clever Sherry!!! Smile Laughing it could be tomorrow night too... keeping you in your toes!
Turi ray of sunshine
Turi ray of sunshine
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6