Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unfortunate Tweet from Hart

+24
willgirl
Evil Monkey
bugaboo628
AmandaMarshall
tinkrella
gamma13
GottaLuvBnB
Lo
Ankuuh
HermioneGirl101
mereva
Lorna Doone
kat0505
Cassiopeia
sparklyshoes
treble21
SnoopGirl
gordongordonfan
IheartB&B
future_anthro
tinge1990
dancing_phalanges
jhi1005
mommahurley
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

An unfortunate Tweet from Hart - Page 2 Empty Re: An unfortunate Tweet from Hart

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:05 am

I hope so... right now...I'm very low. He keeps attacking me. How do I go on loving a show who's creator has been so very ugly to me? I love this show...and now I feel like I've lost it too.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

An unfortunate Tweet from Hart - Page 2 Empty Re: An unfortunate Tweet from Hart

Post by HermioneGirl101 Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 am

Mommahurley, reading Hart's post almost inspired me to get a twitter, just to tell him that he is most sincerely WRONG about you.

A while back, I sent you a PM. It never left my outbox, due to either a glitch on my computer or on the forum. In summary, I stated that almost all of your posts impressed me-- that while you, as well as many other fans, were disappointed by the turn of the series, you managed to keep your posts calm, mature, and constructive. I said that you were exactly how I'd always expected Bones fans to be, and with the rising negativity you gave me hope about the community.

Maybe someone stole your username and posted horrible things on another forum. Maybe Hart Hanson was merely having a bad day. Maybe he confused you with another poster. Maybe he seriously misinterpreted something. But whatever the case may be, I cannot think of a single thing you specifically have done that would incite him so.

[and honestly, I don't think Hart is a bad person. There must have been some confusion.]
HermioneGirl101
HermioneGirl101
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 444
Say What You Want : I'll watch Bones through thick and thin. No storyline will change that!
Registration date : 2010-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:43 am

Just read the Twitter posts and my 2 cents of advice to you is:

IGNORE HIM!

And don't post on his Twitter page anymore.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:17 am

Saw this convo and went of to check the twitters. And I think some of you are right, wrong place wrong time. But no need for him to be so vicious regards you. I mean I understand he has a hard life etc. and that his tweets and the things he hears arent always what he wants. But to take it out on one person....I find that dissapointing.

And no, I dont know him personal, but seriously. Hes the writer, chooses to be online on twitter. He needs to deal with negativity and forreal not take it out on only one person. Just my humble opinion.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:24 am

SnoopGirl wrote:Just read the Twitter posts and my 2 cents of advice to you is:

IGNORE HIM!

AGREE with THIS. It is only keeping "it alive" and escalating it. I work with children and one of my favorite phrases is that "Kids don't need someone to WIN and argument, they need someone to END an argument." It applies to more than just kids and their parents I think, and should apply to pretty much all conflict that is not constructive. We all know the world is not about "fair" and blah blah blah, you know what I mean right?
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:44 am

Yes I do. I agree wholeheartedly. Even before you guys posted this I blocked him so he can't send me anymore upsetting tweets, and I won't be tweeting him ever againl I couldn't be more hurt or disappointed in a person. But bottom line is...I didn't do anything. I know who I am, and I know what kind of person I am...so I'm just going to move forwardl

I know I will find it hard to feel the same way about the show now, but I'm going to try, because it did give me pleasure and enjoyment, and it's not the fault of the rest of the cast and crew that this happened.

I'm really hoping that at some point he will realize his mistake, and I forgive him. I just can't take anymore of it right now.

You have no idea how much your words mean to me. To have the people who actually talk with me on a regular basis confirm to me that I'm not nasty or evil or viscious means a lot.

Thank you all....Now I'm fine if this thread just dies away. I'm weary and tired and spent.

Thank you again for your support.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:48 am

Yes, that was a wise decision not to tweet him again and to even block him.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:51 am

gordongordonfan wrote:
SnoopGirl wrote:Just read the Twitter posts and my 2 cents of advice to you is:

IGNORE HIM!

AGREE with THIS. It is only keeping "it alive" and escalating it. I work with children and one of my favorite phrases is that "Kids don't need someone to WIN and argument, they need someone to END an argument." It applies to more than just kids and their parents I think, and should apply to pretty much all conflict that is not constructive. We all know the world is not about "fair" and blah blah blah, you know what I mean right?

agreed. Also, Hart is human he makes mistakes, I understand that it sounded somewhat mean and hurtful. But he till now has dealt with the comments from twitter quite well. I'm sure he finally reached a point of frustration and it toppled over. Forgive and let live. Or ignore. I know he is the creator of your favorite show and it's disheartening to hear him regard you on twitter as something you're not, but you cannot forget he is just another human being and he will make mistakes and you have the right to ignore him. And separate his actions from the show.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:02 am

yes...that's what I'm trying to do. Thanks Now that I've blocked him, he can say all kinds of things about me...but I won't have to see them...undortunately well meaning friends keep telling me. It's hard to forgive and forget when you keep getting punched.... So guys...It's ok to just not tell me what he says!

Thanks again for your support.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaLuvBnB Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:39 am

I strongly encourage people to unfollow Hart on Twitter because of this. How rude and ridiculous.

I am considering tweeting him before I unfollow hime just to tell him how wrong he was about mommhurley!

I will never look at BONES the same way again.

GottaLuvBnB

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaLuvBnB Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:40 am

tinge1990 wrote:Honestly, I am very upset about all these HH tweets.

He wants to be on twitter, he has got to face the haters (not you). I dont know about you, but I personally feel that his tweets in response to haters have recently been very rude and inappropriate. As show creator, he carries the image of Bones with him. I wish he show us that he is bigger than the haters, that he has tolerance.

He should really just ignore haters instead of creating an argument with them, and insulting them in the process.

I agree with you 150%

GottaLuvBnB

Back to top Go down

Post by gamma13 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:08 am

I thought it was odd of HH's tweet so I wanted to see what all was said. Maybe he was upset from the fox forum commentsback in July or the tweets about DB's personal life in regards to the Hannah and Booth promos.

Anyway, I don't know, but I am sorry your feelings were hurt by HH.

gamma13

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:20 am

People are not perfect, (and we are all of us, just people, including HH) words can be easily misunderstood (esp on twitter) and the back/forth ultimately does more harm than good. (Just my opinion on whether people should tweet HH regarding this etc- I think all that would do is keep it going, when clearly mommahurley herself is trying to "move on" from it... not 'poke and prod' it, as Sweets would say!)

Obviously people should do whatever they wish, but all it does it keep negativity spreading. I only say this cause I love this show, I love the actors, I love the creators (including HH), love the writers, and I love all of us on this forum who support it (including mommahurley) and I think this incident - which is 1 very particular event- should not become some "symbol" or larger "issue." Let's all just love our show, 'kay? (Just my humble opinion to take or leave) As for me, I'll see everyone on the other threads. Wink And by the way, in terms of love, I mean in an "atta girl" and "atta boy" kinda way! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:46 am

I'm still befuddled as to what specific posts were directed at his attention. I do know that networks have people that read their message boards. At least, ABC did. Mind you, every little thing wasn't analyzed....but, they use them to get feedback. I would guess Fox would do a little of the same thing. But, really? Someone specifically went and brought him your post? It just seems like he'd have a million better things to do with his time. Not saying he's lying. I'm just....confused.

I understand how you feel. I'd be hurt too. I do think it was the wrong place wrong time thing as well. He got creamed with DB messages this year from the DB stuff and got TONS of Emily tweets that were so horribly inappropriate I can't even repeat them here. I often search @harthanson to see what people say to him and it really is some horrible horrible stuff that no one deserves. I think he is probably just sick of it and took it out on you. Still, it hurts.

I guess the moral of the story is.....words hurt. No matter how they are written/spoken and we all need to be more mindful of them. You can sort of see both sides to it now.

I agree with your decision to block and not tweet him. It's not worth it.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaMarshall Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 am

gamma13 wrote:I thought it was odd of HH's tweet so I wanted to see what all was said. Maybe he was upset from the fox forum commentsback in July or the tweets about DB's personal life in regards to the Hannah and Booth promos.

Anyway, I don't know, but I am sorry your feelings were hurt by HH.

That was my guess as well. Given the lawsuit is against not just DB but Fox and (is it) Far Field as well, that level of critiicism could be considered giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Even absent the lawsuit, actors zealously guard their images -- at least they try. That is why they hire agents, publicists, stylists and all those other people who are not likely to take it kindly when someone trashes their brand.

Hart's ooc and very public renunciation of a tweeter may be a response to people who are much closer to him, maybe a studio or network person with plans for DB's future. Or, maybe not. The possibilities are endless....

AmandaMarshall
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:35 am

GottaLuvBnB wrote:I strongly encourage people to unfollow Hart on Twitter because of this. How rude and ridiculous.

I am considering tweeting him before I unfollow hime just to tell him how wrong he was about mommhurley!

I strongly urge people to make up their own minds. I think the public nature of this was disgusting on HH's part, however, I also have seen some posts from mamahurley that I can imagine he's kind of upset about, especially if they were seen completely out of context ( which they had to have been, there's no way he would have sat down and read every post leading up to them). Personally, I think mamahurley did the right thing by blocking him, and if HH upset you and you feel you need to unfollow, then you are also doing the right thing - by you. I don't need someone else to tell me what's right and what's wrong for me, I do just fine by myself. Also if you are letting the personal opinions of a writer and producer influence your opinion of a fictional tv show ( that you MUST really like because you belong to this board) , I feel kinda bad for you.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:36 am

gordongordonfan wrote:People are not perfect, (and we are all of us, just people, including HH) words can be easily misunderstood (esp on twitter) and the back/forth ultimately does more harm than good. (Just my opinion on whether people should tweet HH regarding this etc- I think all that would do is keep it going, when clearly mommahurley herself is trying to "move on" from it... not 'poke and prod' it, as Sweets would say!)

Obviously people should do whatever they wish, but all it does it keep negativity spreading. I only say this cause I love this show, I love the actors, I love the creators (including HH), love the writers, and I love all of us on this forum who support it (including mommahurley) and I think this incident - which is 1 very particular event- should not become some "symbol" or larger "issue." Let's all just love our show, 'kay? (Just my humble opinion to take or leave) As for me, I'll see everyone on the other threads. Wink And by the way, in terms of love, I mean in an "atta girl" and "atta boy" kinda way! :-)

Word. thumbsup
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by GottaLuvBnB Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:12 pm

treble21 wrote:
GottaLuvBnB wrote:I strongly encourage people to unfollow Hart on Twitter because of this. How rude and ridiculous.

I strongly urge people to make up their own minds. I think the public nature of this was disgusting on HH's part, however, I also have seen some posts from mamahurley that I can imagine he's kind of upset about, especially if they were seen completely out of context ( which they had to have been, there's no way he would have sat down and read every post leading up to them). Personally, I think mamahurley did the right thing by blocking him, and if HH upset you and you feel you need to unfollow, then you are also doing the right thing - by you. I don't need someone else to tell me what's right and what's wrong for me, I do just fine by myself. Also if you are letting the personal opinions of a writer and producer influence your opinion of a fictional tv show ( that you MUST really like because you belong to this board) , I feel kinda bad for you.

I cannot find an icon for *eye roll* so let's just pretend there is one and it is in response to your post. I have lurked this forum for quite awhile and I cannot believe you are a moderator. Who do I talk to about the way you treat people in the forum?

GottaLuvBnB

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

GottaLuvBnB wrote:
treble21 wrote:

I cannot find an icon for *eye roll* so let's just pretend there is one and it is in response to your post. I have lurked this forum for quite awhile and I cannot believe you are a moderator. Who do I talk to about the way you treat people in the forum?

That would be on of the admins willgirl or bugaboo and I fail to see what was wrong with my post? I actually agree that HH was out of line
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:20 pm

GottaLuvBnB wrote:
treble21 wrote:

Please PM or email me with any moderator concerns. This is not something that should be discussed in a thread.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Evil Monkey Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 pm

*Takes one look at thread*

RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY!

*Jumps into nearest escape pod and abandons ship*
Evil Monkey
Evil Monkey
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by willgirl Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Hello All!

I actually wanted to respond regarding Fox, et al reading the forum. It's quite possible that someone at Fox has read the board or continues to read it on a regular basis. That being said, I don't consider that a means to curb your opinions about the show. (Although, please be nice to each other!) The board has been running for 3 years and I haven't been sued yet, so I'm assuming I'm pretty safe. Smile

That's all! Very Happy

Sorry your feelings got hurt, mommahurley. That sucks no matter the situation. Hugs from me!

willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Ok I can see where my comments, taken out of context, about DB might have upset him....but I did not trash DB. Not at all.

(the hardest part of all of this was wondering what I could have said that would make him come at me like that) I don't know if this is it...but it makes sense.

I said at that time, very clearly that I believe that he has the right to be presumed innocent until the whole matter is settled, and I for one have faith in him that it is not true. That just because someone accuses you of something, does not make it true. But...and I say BUT,,,, I worried that it was very bad timing to have him romping around doing love scenes right in the wake of the rumors which has to be painful for his wife, and doesn't present him in the best possible light at this time. And that because the accusations involve his behavior at work...on set...while working on the show, that hart, would have been smarter to just not go there right now. Then I clearly stated that I understood it was just my feelings, and only my feelings, but that I couldn't help but be bothered by it. Were it me...I would steer clear of that whole subject until the furor died down. ( not to defend myself, but during the whole Tiger Woods thing, there were some choice tweets poking fun and putting down TW and also Michael Jackson by someone who can be quite snippy and SARCASTIC himself)

I don't know if this is the comment that set him off, but I don't think it's Venomous, UGLY, snotty or any of that...but looking back...I probably shouldn't have even gone there...but at the time...it was my gut reaction to the news that there would be a bed scene with Hannah. I dropped it when people were upset that I'd brought it up. I didn't call anyone bad names, or say anyone was bad or wrong...I didn't trash anyone...I didn't condemn anyone! There was some heated discussion I remember after that, and perhaps in the process of the whole "Quote" process, something worse got attributed to me, but I know in my heart that I didn't trash David. My family teases me all the time that I'm so crazy about DB even though David's been acused of these things, and I always defend his presumed innocense.

If that's what he's upset about...I'm very sorry. I realize it was a delicate subject...but I thought I was handling it in a very delicate and non judgmental way. One never quite knows what subjects are off limits or are going to set off a powderkeg reaction. I think we can talk about even delicate things if we are kind and non-judgmental, but perhaps I was wrong.

But why attack me now months later? I just don't really understand it.

As far as anyone going on Twitter on my behalf..I'd rather just let it die. It was hurtful enough and I'd really rather not be the cause of something that brings harm to the show or the reputations of everyone involved. The last thing I would want is to see this whole thing show up on some gossip columnists page or something. I'd die of embarassment.

I'm over it. I don't have to hear the things he's saying anymore, and I feel like I have friends and supporters here that understand the kind of person I am. I'm not perfect by any means. I've gotten mad at times. I've said things and apologized at times. I always forgive and forget. I believe in love and understanding and acceptance, not hate and fighting and arguing. Debate is fine...as long as it's done with respect.

It's a big misunderstanding. I don't know his pressures, and he doesn't know mine. We really don't know eacother at all. I was very upset yesterday and last night...but I'm beginning to feel better.

Treble...thanks for your moderation...I have no problem with it...and there's no need to feel bad for me. Everyone has moments where something shocks them and shakes them to their core. I'm a strong person...and I've lived through a lot of hard things in my life. I will be just fine. As far as my feelings for the show...they haven't changed. It's just there's going to be this little "sigh" of sadness and feeling of hurt, and disappointment, that accompanies my thoughts when I picture HH now. I'll deal with it.

It's hard to know how anything will feel, until you've felt it yourself...so I don't really expect anyone to understand.

But I do thank all the people who've said supportive things...and I'm ready to move on.

Please feel free to talk to me about it if you want to...but please don't trash HH on my behalf. I said everything I was comfortable saying. I know who I am...I didn't deserve it...and I was treated wrongly...but I'll survive, and I'll get over it.

The kind words really do help a lot. This is certainly a lesson on bullying. And on the power of words. I've learned a lot. I hope others have as well.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:58 pm

mommahurley wrote:Ok I can see where my comments, taken out of context, about DB might have upset him....but I did not trash DB. Not at all.

(the hardest part of all of this was wondering what I could have said that would make him come at me like that) I don't know if this is it...but it makes sense.

I said at that time, very clearly that I believe that he has the right to be presumed innocent until the whole matter is settled, and I for one have faith in him that it is not true. That just because someone accuses you of something, does not make it true. But...and I say BUT,,,, I worried that it was very bad timing to have him romping around doing love scenes right in the wake of the rumors which has to be painful for his wife, and doesn't present him in the best possible light at this time. And that because the accusations involve his behavior at work...on set...while working on the show, that hart, would have been smarter to just not go there right now. Then I clearly stated that I understood it was just my feelings, and only my feelings, but that I couldn't help but be bothered by it. Were it me...I would steer clear of that whole subject until the furor died down. ( not to defend myself, but during the whole Tiger Woods thing, there were some choice tweets poking fun and putting down TW and also Michael Jackson by someone who can be quite snippy and SARCASTIC himself)

I don't know if this is the comment that set him off, but I don't think it's Venomous, UGLY, snotty or any of that...but looking back...I probably shouldn't have even gone there...but at the time...it was my gut reaction to the news that there would be a bed scene with Hannah. I dropped it when people were upset that I'd brought it up. I didn't call anyone bad names, or say anyone was bad or wrong...I didn't trash anyone...I didn't condemn anyone! There was some heated discussion I remember after that, and perhaps in the process of the whole "Quote" process, something worse got attributed to me, but I know in my heart that I didn't trash David. My family teases me all the time that I'm so crazy about DB even though David's been acused of these things, and I always defend his presumed innocense.

If that's what he's upset about...I'm very sorry. I realize it was a delicate subject...but I thought I was handling it in a very delicate and non judgmental way. One never quite knows what subjects are off limits or are going to set off a powderkeg reaction. I think we can talk about even delicate things if we are kind and non-judgmental, but perhaps I was wrong.

But why attack me now months later? I just don't really understand it.

As far as anyone going on Twitter on my behalf..I'd rather just let it die. It was hurtful enough and I'd really rather not be the cause of something that brings harm to the show or the reputations of everyone involved. The last thing I would want is to see this whole thing show up on some gossip columnists page or something. I'd die of embarassment.

I'm over it. I don't have to hear the things he's saying anymore, and I feel like I have friends and supporters here that understand the kind of person I am. I'm not perfect by any means. I've gotten mad at times. I've said things and apologized at times. I always forgive and forget. I believe in love and understanding and acceptance, not hate and fighting and arguing. Debate is fine...as long as it's done with respect.

It's a big misunderstanding. I don't know his pressures, and he doesn't know mine. We really don't know eacother at all. I was very upset yesterday and last night...but I'm beginning to feel better.

Treble...thanks for your moderation...I have no problem with it...and there's no need to feel bad for me. Everyone has moments where something shocks them and shakes them to their core. I'm a strong person...and I've lived through a lot of hard things in my life. I will be just fine. As far as my feelings for the show...they haven't changed. It's just there's going to be this little "sigh" of sadness and feeling of hurt, and disappointment, that accompanies my thoughts when I picture HH now. I'll deal with it.

It's hard to know how anything will feel, until you've felt it yourself...so I don't really expect anyone to understand.

But I do thank all the people who've said supportive things...and I'm ready to move on.

Please feel free to talk to me about it if you want to...but please don't trash HH on my behalf. I said everything I was comfortable saying. I know who I am...I didn't deserve it...and I was treated wrongly...but I'll survive, and I'll get over it.

The kind words really do help a lot. This is certainly a lesson on bullying. And on the power of words. I've learned a lot. I hope others have as well.

thumbsup
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugs4MomaHurly Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I am new here. I have never even been to this site before, but felt so strongly about what I witnessed on twitter today that I had to find a way to show my support for MommaHurley, and found her here.

After reading this thread from start to finish, I have nothing but the utmost respect for you, MommaHurley. You are one amazing woman. I am so terribly sorry that you were victimized today. It was bullying. Plain and simple. Hold your head high. You did nothing wrong.

Sending you hugs.

Hugs4MomaHurly

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next