Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment?

+17
dreamerktm411
MI_Bonesgirl
joybrennan
jcn747
lancelot
recoveringbonesaddict
future_anthro
treble21
bailey
Lorna Doone
i_heart_bones
RubyRuby
gordongordonfan
CanadianBones
jro54
jjrobinson73
bugaboo628
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment? Empty Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment?

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:58 am

In "The Truth in the Lye" Rebecca stated that her and Seeley missed their moment.

In "The Parts of the Sum of the Whole" Sweets stated that Booth and Brennan missed their moment.

Do you think Booth and Brennan have "missed their moment"? If you think they have can you pinpoint when it happened?

To me, it all went to hell with Sweets and the brain scans.
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment? Empty Re: Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment?

Post by jjrobinson73 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:07 am

See Bug-this is what has me scared!!! I mean, they have missed MANY moments. And now, here comes Hannah. And Booth is "in love." And oblivious to Bones' inner turmoil. Unless I totally missed it. But, since this is all a figment of HH's imagination, they can have another moment. Many more...IF that is what HH wants. And, I am starting to believe that he does NOT want B/B together. He wants them as close co-workers. Which, we all know, with a GF in the picture, close co-workers is NOT going to happen.

My two cents, such as it is! Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment? Empty Re: Have Booth & Brennan Missed Their Moment?

Post by jro54 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:20 am

People are going to think I'm a complete lunatic...but I don't think B&B have missed their moment. I think Brennan has been well aware of her feelings for Booth for a while...but I don't she was ready to give her relationship with Booth a try. I think Booth should have tried harder to get her to admit her feelings...and she might of, but she still would have rejected him...because she would rather have him as just a friend/partner in her life, than risk their relationship. In her mind, relationships don't last. There is no happy ending. If B&B are ever going to get together, she has to realize that love and relationship aren't temporary. She has to realize that even though she might thinks that she's protecting him, that she won't lose him if they stay partners/friends, she's a greater risk of losing him althogether...because she didn't take that risk. That's why I think the "Hannah" arc is so brilliant. I don't mean that I want Booth/Hannah to run of together and at get married. I still don't like watching B&B with other people (...because I'm a B&B shipper at I love you)...but it's going to make Brennan realize what she has lost. That she's a greater risk of losing him altogether...just because she didn't take that risk. I'm not bashing Brennan by any means...but if B&B are ever going to have their "happy ending," she has to be able to take that risk.

I have no doubt that B&B will get together. I think Hart has every intention to put them together...becaus this show isn't about the destination. It's about the journey.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:24 am

I don't think you're a lunatic, I don't think they've missed their moment either. I agree with what you said. Nothing happens unless first a dream (or something like that)....
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:26 am

Nah, they haven't missed their moment... their 'moment' is just postponed due to continued popularity of the show! LOL

It's the "carrot", ya know? Many viewers like the 'will they' or 'WHEN will they' stuff, and it keeps viewers tuning in. (Obviously this isn't specific to Bones, think of how many tv shows use this ploy... I would say nearly all of them) Even though I know it frustrates us (me included), in actuality the Bones' writers have given us way more B&B than some shows EVER give the fans. (I know that's a depressing thought but... true)

I actually do think that HH has these 2 together in his mind already, and the way the writing is going I think there is a good chance that we will have some quantity and quality of screen time with them together. (More because the show has lasted so much longer than many shows due, and the writers have been so 'forward thinking' in terms of their relationship, they are kind of at a point where they'll have to keep moving forward in some ways.) So for me it's not a question of a "missed" moment... just a 'postponed, waylayed, misunderstood, derailed, almost but not quite, nearly there' kind of moment! Wink
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:46 am

I believe that what happened outside Sweets' office destroyed my hope of B&B's 'moment' in the near future, or distant future for that matter. The entire conversaton was wrong, and the timing was awful. That was not supposed to be their moment. It was a cheap way to change direction.

HH is cleverly dangling 'eventually' in front of our faces becasue the end is supposed to justify the means, but that just doesn't work for ME. I'm not interested in manipulating characters to serve a plot, to the point that they become unrecognisable, and unlikable.

There was a time, not long ago that I thought, when B&B get together, I would be beside myself with happiness, but now, not so much. I'm still (stupidly) shipping them, even though I believe their relationship is damaged beyond repair, but if/when it happens, the painful journey will cloud a potentially beautiful moment. That is rather sad, but its my own feelings on the matter.

RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:59 am

Yeah, I hear what your saying... but one way to look at is that Bones and Booth are perhaps some of the most "real" and "flawed" characters on tv who are still idealized romatically... You know what I mean? They are real people with lots of baggage who are trying to figure it all out... they are human and have dimension, unlike many tv characters that are kinda 1 dimensional... so that being said, maybe the struggle will indeed help show the worth and huge depth in them finding each other, rather than having the struggle somehow "taint" things? Just another way to see the same issue...but I completely hear ya! :-)
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't think they've missed their moment.
More like they've both missed the turnoff to their moment...several times, and have to go a long way to turn around and come back.
Anyway, I mean if they really got together now, simply being in love wouldn't solve the inner crazies they're both slooowly working though...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:07 pm

I don't see how Booth's relationship with Hannah could possibly "taint" or damage his future relationship with Brennan...simply because I don't think he's "in love" with her. I think he does have feelings for her and he genuinely likes her...but it's not the same as he feels for Brennan at all. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorna Doone Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 pm

bugaboo628 wrote:In "The Truth in the Lye" Rebecca stated that her and Seeley missed their moment.

In "The Parts of the Sum of the Whole" Sweets stated that Booth and Brennan missed their moment.

[b]Do you think Booth and Brennan have "missed their moment"?

They've missed all 87 of their moments. confused

Lorna

Lorna Doone
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:26 pm

Someone asked Hart this exact question and he answered, "If they have I've made a serious miscalcuation."
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:04 pm

No, I don't think they've missed it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 pm

bailey wrote:

Someone asked Hart this exact question and he answered, "If they have I've made a serious miscalcuation."

Oh, if I had time to count the things that Hart Hanson has "miscalculated".
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:19 pm

It's my opinion that "moments", as in big do or die moments, are actually BS when it comes to relationships and i base that entirely on my experience. I think that if two people want to be together, there is no one "moment".

So i guess you could say, no, i don't think they missed their "moment".
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:17 pm

If we go back to the original conversation between Bones and Rebecca, they have. Rebecca was afraid that if she said yes, she would lose the person she thought she was. When she recognized she would still be the same person, Booth had moved on. This is the same predicament Bones is facing.

But this is not my show.... Hanson gets to decide the moment.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:12 pm

I'm not interested in manipulating characters to serve a plot, to the point that they become unrecognisable, and unlikable.

I think that is exactly was has happened but I think this season is attempting to put it right. I also think Hannah is a necessity in the process.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jcn747 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:31 pm

I don't think they missed there moment, i actually don't think they have ever had there moment. Yes they have had moments but not ones where they could realistically get together, there moment is when Bones realises what love is, and that it is forever and that she is madly in love with booth, then they will have there real moment.
jcn747
jcn747
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 370
Say What You Want : !!We are talking about translation!!
Burdens that allow us to fly
--
"It's not always rainbows and butterflies It's compromise that moves us along, my heart is full and my doors always open you come anytime you want "
♥ Maroon 5 ♥
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 am

bailey wrote:

I would say he is correct in that assessment. He's got to rebuild a story all over again to get to another moment...won't be as amazing, but whatever. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:32 am

HH tweeted back:

@corgipaz I sure hope not. If so, I've made a very grave miscalculation.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 am

jro54 wrote:HH tweeted back:

First thing he got right in a while - that he's made a miscalculation. That's why he's scrapped everything and started all over again. Rolling Eyes
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:11 am

joybrennan wrote:

First thing he got right in a while - that he's made a miscalculation. That's why he's scrapped everything and started all over again. Rolling Eyes

Really? I didn't take it like that. I think HH means that he thinks they haven't missed their moment...but if he's wrong, than he's he made a miscalculation...but whatever.

...I don't think he miscalculated.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:18 am

jro54 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Really? I didn't take it like that. I think HH means that he thinks they haven't missed their moment...but if he's wrong, than he's he made a miscalcualtion...but whatever.

@ jro54 - I know what HE meant. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:31 am

Whether or not HH planned it this way is debatable but either way i don't think THAT was there moment.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:59 am

lancelot wrote:Whether or not HH planned it this way is debatable but either way i don't think THAT was there moment.
It was written not to be, but IMO, it should have been. This is drag togetherging on and on...them getting together already feels anti-climatic.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:23 am

Personally, I don't think they missed their moment...but my opinion isn't based on what HH says. I've notice that what HH thinks maybe different from the fans think
and his intentions might appear different to the fans...like he thinks that Booth is just trying to "move on"...and that he's not trying make Brennan jealous. Rolling Eyes
There have many times where I'm watching an episode...and then I read an interview or a tweet...and I'm like, "WTF HH? That's not what I see at all."

I am a shipper...but for me, it's all about how they get together. It's not about the destination. It's about journey. When I first watched the 100th, I was really fustrated with Brennan...because she rejected him, but I was more angry about how they portrayed Booth's character. I think he should have tried harder to get Brennan to admit her feelings. He would said something like, "your wrong Bones," but instead he just gave up...and found someone else. Rolling Eyes...but even if he had tried harder, I still think she would have rejected him. Everyone's been saying, "Oh, Brennan is almost to realizing her feelings"...but I don't think she's almost anywhere. From that last scene at the FF, I think she's been aware of her feelings for Booth for a while...but she still thinks love is transient. She still would rather have him as a friend/partner, than risk their relationship...because she's afraid that 10 years later, he'll realize that she's not what he wants...which is why she rejected him. She thinks that she's protecting him...by not taking that risk. She thinks that if they get together romantically, their relationship is doomed and she'll lose him...but she doesn't understand that she's at greater risk of losing him just because she didn't take that risk.

It's kind of hard to explain verbally...but I just don't think that was there moment. I feel like it they had put them together in the 100th, it would have been just throwing them together, without building up to it. They have already examined Booth's feelings for Brennan, but they haven't really examined Brennan's feelings. I know that she has feelings for him...but they haven't really examined how she really feels about Booth...but most importantly, she has to get over her fears. She has to realize that she can't promise that it will last forever. It won't be easy...but people try because they love each other and they are committed to making it work.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next