Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are people loving Hannah?

+22
andreana22
kiisuke10
Zygomatic
ToZiKa
RubyRuby
DBCrazy
himbeer29
MI_Bonesgirl
joybrennan
G
bailey
lancelot
i_heart_bones
treble21
Pat
flyersfan35
gordongordonfan
jro54
CanadianBones
bugaboo628
future_anthro
jjrobinson73
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why are people loving Hannah?  Empty Why are people loving Hannah?

Post by jjrobinson73 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:05 am

Can someone tell me, with out starting an arguement, why everyone has fallen in love with Hannah? What happened with Booth and Bones being together? Where has that gone?

I am scared that Hannah won't leave, and that there never will be a Booth and a Bones. I am scared that Hannah will be given a recurring role (well...Kathryn Winnick will...) and this will end up like Cam.

I really don't like her b/c of this. I am scared that Booth will ask her to marry him. I am scared that this was HH's plan all along.

Someone talk me off the ledge. PLEASE! Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Why are people loving Hannah?  Empty Re: Why are people loving Hannah?

Post by future_anthro Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:38 am

I don't love Hannah, but i don't hate her either.

That said, i'm a fan who has chosen to look at Hannah as another road block that will change Booth and Brennan in such a way that ultimately, when they do get together, they'll be better for it. I don't see another SO as the end of Bones, or Booth and Bones together.

So far the character has done nothing to make anyone dislike her (other than that she's with Booth which i don't see as reason to hate her).

Maybe i just have more patience then most (which would be a first... i'm not a patient person). I'm happy to sit along for the ride, even if it's a really bumpy one that occasionally has me feeling a little annoyed.

I also happened to be the kind of fan that doesn't see the point in getting worked up over something when we have no idea what is going to happen. If and when something happens, i'll momentarily panic i'm sure.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:46 am

I have yet to read that anyone loves her. I think people are tolerating her.

I wouldn't say Booth proposing to her or another big event happening between Hannah and Booth is out of the realm of possibility; I would put nothing past Hart Hanson at this point.

I think Hart already pushed Booth and Brennan past "their moment". I know alot of people do not even care if they get together anymore.

I didn't help you at all, did I?

bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by CanadianBones Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:22 am

I don't love her but I'm ok with her being around, I think she's going to be a catalyst for B&B and I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.
CanadianBones
CanadianBones
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1266
Say What You Want : they shouldn't be doing that on the forensic platform. - brennan
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:39 am

I don't I've read that anyone loves her, they are just tolerating her. I hate to admit this...but actually watching Booth/Hannah makes the storyline more tolerable for me. I DREADED this storyline. I couldn't see how Hart could possibly have Booth fall in love with this chick...and then still end up with Brennan, with moving together and everyone saying, "they are so in love," the more serious and stronger Booth/Hannah's relationship is, the harder it would be to salvage what's left of B&B's relationship.

From watching the Booth/Hannah interaction, it's so much more casual fling, than a serious romantic relationship. Their relationship isn't based on love and trust. It's based on adreline and lust...and there are so many hints to suggest this-like Booth doesn't tell Hannah anything about his personal relationship with Brennan. In the 100th, Booth tells Brennan that he has a gambling problem...because he says he sees this going somewhere. If Booth thought his relationship with Hannah was going somewhere, I would think that he would tell about everything...and in the bedroom scene, Booth says "are yoy going to cause trouble while you are here?" as if he's already expecting her to leave.

I maybe a little too optimistic, but I really don't think anything permanent is going to happen between Booth/Hannah. I think she's going to somehow push B&B together...but that doesn't mean that I think this is the season, but I do believe that she's going to leave B&B realizing that they are supposed to be together.

Last edited by jro54 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:41 am

I don't lover her either, (any SO at this point is gonna seem strange to me) but she's here to 'mix things up' and then she'll be gone. IF IF IF the writers use her "right" she could potentially really move B&B forward, and if they do that then I can cope w/ her being here!

Besides that, ... not to seem shallow but I actually thought she was kinda annoying in the 1 episode we've seen her in. Yes, very nice. Yes, very EXCITED and DYNAMIC and HIGH ENERGY. Frankly, I think someone like her would be exhausting to be around. And I saw something in 1 interview about her speech being somewhat strange the way she says her lines on screen, and I have to say I thought this as well- especially during the scene she extolls her accomplishments to Bones. (There, was that catty of me to say that? silent LOL) No doubt, she's a beautiful actress, but to here someone call her a certain nickname [that I editted out in case it's a spoiler].... it irritated me to no end. Not her (KW) fault, she's just an actress. It's the character that I think may irritate me. (Sort of just TOO MUCH, ya know?) * But all that being said, I think she'll be here and gone. And I know we've only seen 1 epi w/ her in it... that's just my first impression. I don't think she's gonna 'win me over' if she keeps on being so 'sugary' and annoying. But that's just me- powder sugar people give me tooth aches! LOL :-)

Last edited by gordongordonfan on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I accidentally had something that could be considered a 'spoiler')
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by flyersfan35 Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 am

future_anthro wrote:I don't love Hannah, but i don't hate her either.

That said, i'm a fan who has chosen to look at Hannah as another road block that will change Booth and Brennan in such a way that ultimately, when they do get together, they'll be better for it. I don't see another SO as the end of Bones, or Booth and Bones together.

So far the character has done nothing to make anyone dislike her (other than that she's with Booth which i don't see as reason to hate her).

Maybe i just have more patience then most (which would be a first... i'm not a patient person). I'm happy to sit along for the ride, even if it's a really bumpy one that occasionally has me feeling a little annoyed.

I also happened to be the kind of fan that doesn't see the point in getting worked up over something when we have no idea what is going to happen. If and when something happens, i'll momentarily panic i'm sure.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
flyersfan35
flyersfan35
Experiment
Experiment

Number of posts : 68808
Say What You Want : Goodbye, dear ABY. You have been my home for 3 years now, and I am going to miss you. Thanks, willgirl, for creating this wonderful forum. *hugs to all*

Closing time - time for you to go back to the places you will be from.
Closing time - this room won't be open 'til your brothers or your sisters come.
So gather up your jackets, and move it to the exits - I hope you have found a friend.
Closing time - every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:27 pm

[quote="flyersfan35"][quote="future_anthro"]I don't love Hannah, but i don't hate her either.

I heartily dislike Hannah. I think she is manipulative, scheming, and artificial. Booth is thinking with that other brain.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:06 pm

I don't want Hannah with Booth, but I don't understand why anyone would hate her based on what we know so far... she's actually pretty likeable ( a little too peppy sometimes, but definitely not a hateable individual) that being said ... I hate her storyline, but she's just another stop on the road to B/B they haven't put 5 years into building a will they/won't they relationship with B/B to not ever visit the "will they" portion of that.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 pm

treble21 wrote:I don't want Hannah with Booth, but I don't understand why anyone would hate her based on what we know so far... she's actually pretty likeable ( a little too peppy sometimes, but definitely not a hateable individual) that being said ... I hate her storyline, but she's just another stop on the road to B/B they haven't put 5 years into building a will they/won't they relationship with B/B to not ever visit the "will they" portion of that.

Yep! This.

I don't 'hate' her either, but I do think her 'pep' would give me a migraine in real life! LOL
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Pat wrote:
flyersfan35 wrote:
future_anthro wrote:I don't love Hannah, but i don't hate her either.

I heartily dislike Hannah. I think she is manipulative, scheming, and artificial. Booth is thinking with that other brain.
You got that in the 15 minutes, if that, total time we saw her? From what?
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jjrobinson73 Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:43 pm

NO, I don't hate her. I like other people DISLIKE her story line. (Whoever said that, hit the nail on the head!) I am on twitter, and so many people on there are extoling her virtues. ICK! I will be the first to admit, I don't like the story line, and hence, her character. I think there are certain other ways to put that "bump" in the road to the B/B relationship. To watch this, honestly, I DVR it so I can FF through her parts. I watch *cough* BBT instead. LOL!! Maybe this is my little hit at HH to let him know I don't like this Arc with her.

Ok...I am trying to stay spoiler free.

Jenn
jjrobinson73
jjrobinson73
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2010-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by i_heart_bones Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:57 pm

treble21 wrote:I don't want Hannah with Booth, but I don't understand why anyone would hate her based on what we know so far... she's actually pretty likeable ( a little too peppy sometimes, but definitely not a hateable individual) that being said ... I hate her storyline, but she's just another stop on the road to B/B they haven't put 5 years into building a will they/won't they relationship with B/B to not ever visit the "will they" portion of that.

Most definitely!
HH might be getting crap from many, but he obviously knows what he's doing/ he's better at this than us, or someone else would be sitting at his desk...
i_heart_bones
i_heart_bones
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 6090
Say What You Want : WWDBD?
Twitter.com/IndiaGreen
Registration date : 2008-11-29

http://shortlybeforemidnight.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

I don't like her or dislike her right now.

haha - she talks just like my sister-in-law. I recognized that at the first sentence out of her mouth - Very distinctive voice pattern.

I really get the impression that she's around to move a storyline other than her romantic tie to Booth. This is not a spoiler, It's just my guess but I think they're building to something like Booth is going to have to choose who to support Brennan or Hannah in some way professionally, not personally. Or something like that....

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm with treble and the others who said I don't hate her or love her either. She's likeable enough; looking at things from her pov and her not knowing Booth & Brennan's past she's acting like any "nice" person would.

I'm not sure if it's her manner of speaking or her acting but to me it feels like she's forcing her lines out. Emily is obviously, IMO of course, a better actress who is getting these meaty emotional scenes to work through while Katheryn is just playing blonde and peppy. I suppose no one could really compare in that situation. But I'm glad I feel that way because my fear was the new girl would have better chemistry with David. I'd seen that happen on another show with a similar SO plotline and it was really distrubing.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by G Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:48 pm

I didn't want to like her, but they made her pretty darn likable.
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:14 am

Yp, I think DB is doing the playful, "I'm happy I'm having sex and feeling loved thing". It does not compare to the "moments" he's had with Brennan. I'm in total agreement.

Her manner of speech sounds as though she's straining to get the words out. Just like my sister-in-law. My kids all yelled out "she sounds like Aunt C". haha

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:38 am

lancelot wrote:
Yp, I think DB is doing the playful, "I'm happy I'm having sex and feeling loved thing". It does not compare to the "moments" he's had with Brennan. I'm in total agreement.

Her manner of speech sounds as though she's straining to get the words out. Just like my sister-in-law. My kids all yelled out "she sounds like Aunt C". haha

I totally agree. What Booth/Hannah have doesn't compare to the deep emotional attachment B&B have to each other.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:58 am

I have no idea. Barbie's a nice doll, but she's only plastic. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:01 am

joybrennan wrote:I have no idea. Barbie's a nice doll, but she's only plastic. :twisted:

JB: you haven't seen her in action yet. I think she is evil. Will explain reasons for this feeling later. I have to have a colonoscopy this morning (I know, TMI).

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:04 am

Pat wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I have no idea. Barbie's a nice doll, but she's only plastic. Twisted Evil

JB: you haven't seen her in action yet. I think she is evil. Will explain reasons for this feeling later. I have to have a colonoscopy this morning (I know, TMI).
Some things are obvious. It's in the writing. She's the stepford girlfriend.
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:36 am

joybrennan wrote:I have no idea. Barbie's a nice doll, but she's only plastic. Twisted Evil

Omg I love you for this!!!

Ok seriously I like Hannah. There I said it. Instill think his is a horribly trite and contrived plot device used primarily as a stall device, but I understand what they are trying to accomplish. Or at least where they *should* be going with this story. IDK, I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only thing that would surprise me at this point is if they actually put B&B together. Once I convinced myself that Hart is writing this on his own timeline and we won't see them together til near the end of the series,no matter what, it makes it easier to deal with with the roadblocks. I got real tired of mopey sad Booth and it Hannah makes him happy then so be it.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by himbeer29 Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:03 am

I kind of like her... well, I don't dislike her. I do totally agree with whoever pointed out that she has a, well, interesting way of speaking. It almost sounds like she has marbles in her mouth sometimes. Granted, she's only spoken in a couple of scenes.

But anyways, I find that (to my great surprise) I'm actually kind of enjoying this storyline. And I think most of that is because having her there does highlight the deeper connection B&B share. Plus, and I think that this comes from having a significant other in an already established relationship with Booth, it's so nice to see Booth in a better mood than the glum, mopey Booth we've been seeing. He really needed to get laid ;-). That, and it's clearly temporary. He knows she isn't going to stick around.

So I guess I'm mostly just "whatever" about her. Sure, I'd rather see B&B together, but I'm fine waiting while Brennan works through her issues. Plus, if we're going to have a significant other, I like her a lot better than someone like Tessa, who just seemed to pout a lot. Hannah is energetic, fun, and enjoyable, except for that tiny little problem of her being with Booth ;-).
himbeer29
himbeer29
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 10638
Say What You Want : Chicks Against Energy Drinks = C.A.E.D ♫♪Because they are bad for you♪♫ (Thanks to Turi!)
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:21 am

himbeer29 wrote:I kind of like her... well, I don't dislike her. I do totally agree with whoever pointed out that she has a, well, interesting way of speaking. It almost sounds like she has marbles in her mouth sometimes. Granted, she's only spoken in a couple of scenes.

But anyways, I find that (to my great surprise) I'm actually kind of enjoying this storyline. And I think most of that is because having her there does highlight the deeper connection B&B share. Plus, and I think that this comes from having a significant other in an already established relationship with Booth, it's so nice to see Booth in a better mood than the glum, mopey Booth we've been seeing. He really needed to get laid ;-). That, and it's clearly temporary. He knows she isn't going to stick around.

So I guess I'm mostly just "whatever" about her. Sure, I'd rather see B&B together, but I'm fine waiting while Brennan works through her issues. Plus, if we're going to have a significant other, I like her a lot better than someone like Tessa, who just seemed to pout a lot. Hannah is energetic, fun, and enjoyable, except for that tiny little problem of her being with Booth ;-).

Here! Here! All the B&B angst, drawn out for oh-so-long was dragging me down. I like her, and I don't recall her sounding funny either. Maybe now that I've been told I'll notice it tomorrow night. Wink
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 am

Hannah comes accross as rather one dimensional to me. Like Sully, and Angela (of previous seasons), she lives 'wide', in the moment, and takes risks (under fig trees in war zones).

I can't really explain it, because clingy isn't quite the word I'm looking for, but she is trying to penetrate every part of Booth's life too quickly. Either that, or she is using her intuition Rolling Eyes and skills as a journalist to suss things out about Brennan and Booth's relationship.

I may be wrong, but she's way to happy to be taken seriously. She seems the type of girl who is in it for the spontaneity, and the fun. Since this season is about Booth, (as opposed to last season which was about who? Rolling Eyes ) we'll probably see him fighting some demons from his past, and if Hannah is still around, I don't think she will be able to to deal with those demons. Booth hasn't even shared much from his past with her.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next