Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theories, baby!!!!

+25
recoveringbonesaddict
treble21
RubyRuby
gordongordonfan
mommahurley
shipper87
bonesfan158
ddc
aardvark508
crzy4bones
bailey
joybrennan
elyon
tinkrella
GryphonTatoo
bonesparticulat
dreamerktm411
virtualhorizon
bones20
gimkrt
kat0505
MI_Bonesgirl
katharine
DoctorB
jro54
29 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Theories, baby!!!! - Page 5 Empty Re: Theories, baby!!!!

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:04 am

kat0505 wrote:Joy, I love your fanfics but I truly wish you didn't make things always to the worst. I love this fanforum but hey, maybe it's better that I start reading more positive things on other forums then. And answer to those, I get more positive replies there. Here, it seems like everything positive I say, is being turned down to the ground.
Sorry Jro for this thread has been changed into something negative without your approval.

I get your point. Negativity is poisonous.

Everyone here cares about the show, but many of us have become negative because we have some fundamental disagreements with Hart. We become vocal when we see characters behaving out of character or regressing to states that they seem cartoonish, when we see the show going for the cheap laugh instead of the clever and witty laugh, and when we see stories and cases that are poorly written.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:05 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Ok so this thread is about theories-what we THINK could possibly happen. Now all of a sudden people's ideas are stupid? Since the "stupid" idea was mine, I take offense to that. Thanks for that. It's a TV show. Things said in this thread are purely speculation. There is nothing concrete behind any of it, it's all an interpretation. I'm sure as hell not holding a gun to anyone's head saying they have to jump on the bandwagon with my "stupid" idea. I think we ALL learned hte lesson of taking storylines for something other than they are at the end of last season. What's wrong with having a little fun with pure speculation. Something that gives us a little hope. God knows the showrunners aren't giving us any. You read it, you laugh at it, you discuss it, you tuck it away as something that *may* happen-until further evidence is presented.

If I really hated this show, I would not be watching it, nor here discussing it. Just sayin' Rolling Eyes

My apologies... Stupid was the wrong word and inappropriate. Nothing wrong with speculation for the fun of it.

Last edited by recoveringbonesaddict on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:07 am; edited 1 time in total

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:07 am

joybrennan wrote:
kat0505 wrote:Joy, I love your fanfics but I truly wish you didn't make things always to the worst. I love this fanforum but hey, maybe it's better that I start reading more positive things on other forums then. And answer to those, I get more positive replies there. Here, it seems like everything positive I say, is being turned down to the ground.
Sorry Jro for this thread has been changed into something negative without your approval.

Thanks about the fanfics. Right now they are my biggest pleasure. However, you know, for ONCE, this time I am NOT the spoiler. (I know my rep Razz) Everyone was quite happy and excited about the coma-dream theory - and thread is called "Theories, baby!" Then, we get these downers of "no...don't hope, don't dream, don't wish, take things as they are or you'll just be disappointed." That is what I was reacting to. And, I'm the negative spoiler? Shocked Sorry, but, I just feel like the kid who's usually bad getting blamed for something she actually DIDN'T do. Neutral

Hey, sorry, but I'm feeling insulted by you, it's just the WAY you are responding here.
I do respect everyone's opinions and so do I want people to respect mine, positive or negative like jro said.
I really hope this theory about the coma-dream is for real. I can understand that. I was just trying to warn people not being too much excited about something that may not happen.
That's all. But right now I almost feel like crying here. This forum is really getting too much here.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by royaldinerlurker Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:08 am

If this seasom was really a coma dream I think that would be a terrible move. Smacks of Dallas and jumping the shark. I really don't see that happening. Instead I forsee Hannah departing mid-end seasom and then the serial killer arc taking us to the end of the season. I think we will see some tentative steps towards BB later this season.

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:08 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:Ok so this thread is about theories-what we THINK could possibly happen. Now all of a sudden people's ideas are stupid? Since the "stupid" idea was mine, I take offense to that. Thanks for that. It's a TV show. Things said in this thread are purely speculation. There is nothing concrete behind any of it, it's all an interpretation. I'm sure as hell not holding a gun to anyone's head saying they have to jump on the bandwagon with my "stupid" idea. I think we ALL learned hte lesson of taking storylines for something other than they are at the end of last season. What's wrong with having a little fun with pure speculation. Something that gives us a little hope. God knows the showrunners aren't giving us any. You read it, you laugh at it, you discuss it, you tuck it away as something that *may* happen-until further evidence is presented.

If I really hated this show, I would not be watching it, nor here discussing it. Just sayin'
Rolling Eyes

DITTO & AMEM! I hadn't even READ that post when I replied. Evil or Very Mad
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am

No one's ideas are stupid. (I didn't read any of the ealier posts...so I didn't what anyone was referring too) This thread is about theories. What we think could possibly happen. They are purely based on speculation and interpretation. We have nothing concrete to indicate that any of theories could possibly happen. There is nothing wrong with speculating for fun...or just hoping for something good to happen.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:22 am

kat0505 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Thanks about the fanfics. Right now they are my biggest pleasure. However, you know, for ONCE, this time I am NOT the spoiler. (I know my rep Razz) Everyone was quite happy and excited about the coma-dream theory - and thread is called "Theories, baby!" Then, we get these downers of "no...don't hope, don't dream, don't wish, take things as they are or you'll just be disappointed." That is what I was reacting to. And, I'm the negative spoiler? Shocked Sorry, but, I just feel like the kid who's usually bad getting blamed for something she actually DIDN'T do. Neutral

Hey, sorry, but I'm feeling insulted by you, it's just the WAY you are responding here.
I do respect everyone's opinions and so do I want people to respect mine, positive or negative like jro said.
I really hope this theory about the coma-dream is for real. I can understand that. I was just trying to warn people not being too much excited about something that may not happen.
That's all. But right now I almost feel like crying here. This forum is really getting too much here.

I wasn't trying to insult you and I apologize if I did. It just felt like those posts (cuz it was two together, not just you) were saying that it wasn't OK to hope, and that we should like it the way it is. My dad has dementia - I KNOW all about that, and probably comparing what I do with my dad to this TV show set me off a bit. I certainly didn't want to make anyone cry. hug My writing style did develop under Robert the evil, though...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bonesicted Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 am

joybrennan wrote:
kat0505 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

I wasn't trying to insult you and I apologize if I did. It just felt like those posts (cuz it was two together, not just you) were saying that it wasn't OK to hope, and that we should like it the way it is. My dad has dementia - I KNOW all about that, and probably comparing what I do with my dad to this TV show set me off a bit. I certainly didn't want to make anyone cry. hug My writing style did develop under Robert the evil, though...[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
I'm guessing you're refering to me as well. I've read what I wrote several times and I really don't know where I wrote it's not okay to have hope for Bones. I wrote how I have decided to "handle" it all and how I look at the whole thing. I have hope, as I wrote it probably will take a bit more time for B&B to get together. Smile

I respect your opinion and therefor I was hoping you'd respect my opinion as well. sos

But, just to be on the safe side. This will be my last post.
Bonesicted
Bonesicted
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 am

My bad.. I don't want to alienate anyone from this forum. Sometimes I respond too quickly without thinking that I''m not respecting other people's opinions. I should not try to force my views on others especially when the original poster asked for theories. I blame Hart for this (just kidding).

About the dream theory, I was quick to dismiss it and to call it "Stupid" because I felt we could create more compelling and satisfying solutions to the current storyline.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:44 am

Will someone explain to me why disagreeing and countering an argument is disrespectful. I guess maybe I write like a guy? If I don't like something and say so, why is that disrespectful? confused
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:49 am

joybrennan wrote:
kat0505 wrote:
joybrennan wrote:

Apology accepted. But maybe you can do something about your writing style? I don't understand really, I love your fanfics. But I'm not a hateful person, although I hope there won't be a next time.

We all love our show this much, otherwise we wouldn't be fighting our fires here. I truly hope HH is going to put this show back on track.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:53 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

MODERATOR WARNING!!!

Keep the signal to noise ratio down or I'll be going medieval on all y'all here.
You have been warned.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 am

Actually, I kind of think another coma dream would be right up HH's alley. He's already done a coma dream before...but how many SO storyline has he done? Rolling Eyes I think HH is a wonderful writer. He created this wondeful show that we all love so much-I can still remember the first time I ever watched Bones...and I thought that characters, the dialouge...and of course, B&B's chemistry. Everything about was just so AMAZING...but I think HH definitely lacks in the imagination department. Rolling Eyes
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:01 am

"Or maybe it's better to watch Big Bang Theory, Vampire diaries, study, do my nails...Then, if it turns out they DID manage to fix this mess watch on-line or summer reruns, or buy the dvd's.

I know A LOT about the serious, more important things in life and dealing with possible losses. Death is an inevitable thing, and yes, we don't give up hope for those we love and accept they aren't what they used to be.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A TV SHOW. For me, there is nothing wrong with accepting the fact that it's turned to crap and without a major miracle it's gonna die. Nor do I have to watch it's increasingly rapid demise. At the same time, what's wrong with hoping for a cure? That's really what we are speculating about, because right now the diagnosis is terminal. This is just hoping for a miracle."

@Joy those were your words in reply to mine. You're telling you're not the negative spoiler here? And the style of your writing looks like you're shouting at me.
But I have to watch my words now coz I don't want to disrespect anyone's opinion here. Or is it that you want to force your opinion onto me? As if your opinion is the only right one. I saw you doing this in a lot of other threads, even to me once before. Maybe you should think before writing down.
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 am

UPDATE

Just a point of clarification, things I would like to see from here on out:

1. No more use of the word stupid (or it's sister synonyms) when referring to people or people's ideas - remember, everyone has an opinion and by virtue of it being an OPINION no one's is right or wrong, or stupid.
  2. No asking people to change their writing style. Think about it, what would you say if I walked up to you and said "Please consider changing the way you talk because right now you annoy the hell out of me." Insulting much? Yeah.
  3. No running folks down just because they're negative or positive about show developments and you're not. Again, everyone has an opinion - see rule #1.
  4. Lighten up. This is a thread about THEORIES. Good, bad or indifferent, if you can't deal with someone THEORIZING about what could happen check out of the thread, because that's what this one is here for.

Really folks, everyone take a breath, take a break, take a toke, whatever but just breathe, relax, and find your center. It's too damn early in the season for us to get that worked that fast. Peace out.

king RM

BTW, I personally think Hart has screwed the pooch with this Hannah arc but I'm sticking it out because I've found a way to cope. Joy, Mereva and others don't agree, that's fine. Some folks think it's all the best ever and not only will B&B get together but Hart's gonna give us kittens and puppies and unicorns before the season is done. Whatever. Just keep the noise down and don't bleed on the carpet. That shit stains.

Last edited by THX1138 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

Post by kat0505 Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:04 am

So, hopefully this coma dream will be true and Booth is sitting next to Brennan's bed when she wakes up. And I truly hope the first thing she will say is: "I want a second chance, I made a mistake with saying NO to you."

Gee, this does seem nice, isn't it?
kat0505
kat0505
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:06 am

ha ha... well. Coma dream would not be something I would consider satisfying. But...let me try to come up with an idea that I would find satisfying....

Perhaps "nothing happens unless first a dream" could refer to Brennan mentioning her dream about a life with Booth...and perhaps in turn...We might see Booth having his own type of "Brennan" dreams...perhaps he starts off dreaming of Hannah, and her face suddenly morphs into Brennan.? He's very disturbed by these dreams, as they keep happening more and more..... meanwhile, Brennan is showing signs of having regrets, while still being the person who is there for him, while Hannah, as perfect as she might be, still puts work ahead of Booth...on some important day, (referring here to the sides that show Brennan saying "hannah had her story to write" etc. "booth has been able to continue working when I've been in dangerous situations" etc. ) slowly but surely Booth begins to have his own regrets. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I don't expect to see any grand declarations any time soon. I figure Hannah will be gone before we get to that, given Booth's sense of right and wrong and loyalty, but I definitley feel that Brennan is going to be more forthcoming with a very analytical description of her feelings for Booth...which he will in turn have to interpret, and hope mean what he thinks they mean.

OK now I have to ask a question...and it's just a question...please don't quote me and run off treating this as fact because I have nothing to go on but one person's tweet that was not even answered by Hart. I read a tweet that said something to the effect of "will you be writing Emily's pregnancy into the storyline of Bones?" There was no answer and I haven't seen anything else confirming that she's pregnant. Perhaps the writer just assumed because she had gotten married she must be pregnant... facesmack but has anyone got any concrete into on that subject????? confirm or deny?

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2009-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:10 am

@HartHanson when is emily going to announce her pregnancy? how will that change brennan's story lines? will it be scripted?

Hart tweeted back...

@luckypayne7 You should be ashamed of yourself! Before typing that did you ask, "What would Jesus do?" No, you did not.

I'm not trying derial this topic...I'm just answering mommahurely's question.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:50 am

mommahurley wrote:

OK now I have to ask a question...and it's just a question...please don't quote me and run off treating this as fact because I have nothing to go on but one person's tweet that was not even answered by Hart. I read a tweet that said something to the effect of "will you be writing Emily's pregnancy into the storyline of Bones?" There was no answer and I haven't seen anything else confirming that she's pregnant. Perhaps the writer just assumed because she had gotten married she must be pregnant... facesmack but has anyone got any concrete into on that subject????? confirm or deny?

He didn't answer the question because it was an inapprproiate question to ask. His reply to that person was (as JRO posted) "You should be ashamed of yourself!" Anytime an actress gets married, gains weights, or is simply photographed wearing a baggy shirt someone, somewhere decides she's pregnant. So, no, there's zero validity to this person's post ... and it's very disrespectful of Emily to have discussions about her private life (especially since it's obvious she's very protective of her privacy) and I personally highly suggest we stay away from the topic.

I took Hart's reply to that poster as a firm "deny."

Back on topic ....

On instinct I want to think that the season is just what meets the eye. No dreams, no coma, no whatever. But after thinking about all the refrences that Hart and others keep making to "nothing happens unless first a dream" and how they keep putting little pieces from that dream episode into the rest of the series ... and the comments they made during their commentary on the season five DVDs about "3C will show up again in season six, watch for it" "we're the new Lost," etc. I can't help but wonder if there isn't more than meets the eye either.

Someone on Twitter once asked Hart what the deal was with the dream episode (apprently they'd watched it outta context and didn't understand) and I tweeted them back, "That's the only episode of Bones that was real; the rest of the series is a dream." Now I have to wonder if maybe I was right. LOL.

I kinda hope that episode 8 is just Brennan's personal emotional breakdown and that no matter how hard she tries to keep it from Booth, I want him to be the one there to pick up the pieces afterward. It was interesting in this week's episode when Brennan talks to the intern about his breakdown she said that it was usually the most intelligent people who have emotional breakdowns. I really hope that's foreshadowing. Laughing
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:03 am

ok Thanks for answering me about that topic...although I feel a bit chastised... I was after all just asking? What if I missed a while subject that had been anniounced and It was news she was happy and proud of? So No need to jump all over the question asker.
I'm beginning to understand why occassionally people feel attacked around here. People just state their opinions so forcefully. Is that really necessary when we're all just discussing things?

Anyway..... End of subject as far as I'm concerned.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:52 am

mommahurley wrote:ok Thanks for answering me about that topic...although I feel a bit chastised... I was after all just asking? What if I missed a while subject that had been anniounced and It was news she was happy and proud of? So No need to jump all over the question asker.
I'm beginning to understand why occassionally people feel attacked around here. People just state their opinions so forcefully. Is that really necessary when we're all just discussing things?

Anyway..... End of subject as far as I'm concerned.

Not chastising you for asking. I'm sorry if you felt that way. Just trying to stop something before it started, as you said yourself people read half a post and run with it. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by mommahurley Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:07 am

Ok no worries. Having a bad day here.

mommahurley
Agent
Agent

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Wow... um Wow affraid I'm just gonna... back out of this thread slowly now......
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5