Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S06E08 "The Doctor in the Photo" Sides

+25
dancing_phalanges
Evil Monkey
kat0505
Beliskner
a_rangergrl2
mom2mnb
ReginaPhalange
crzy4bones
tinge1990
bella
recoveringbonesaddict
Kamera
treble21
andreana22
SocksNTies
jhi1005
tinkrella
bailey
MI_Bonesgirl
DoctorB
bugaboo628
RubyRuby
elyon
anthropologystudent
jro54
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

S06E08 "The Doctor in the Photo" Sides - Page 2 Empty Re: S06E08 "The Doctor in the Photo" Sides

Post by bailey Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:36 pm

jhi1005 wrote:I think the only reason this ended up as a December episode is b/c baseball takes up almost a month between the 4th episode airing on 10/14 and then the earliest we'll get a new episode is 11/4 or 11/11 depending on how many games the World Series goes. Factor in a week off for Thanksgiving and we're at December already.

By my count, that means Hannah is physically present in episodes 2, 3, 5, (possibly 6 and 7) and definitely there in eight, so we'll be at a handful of episodes at that point and maybe that marks the beginning of the end of her storyline. Fingers crossed.

Thanks! Yea, I found the futon critic article ... if there's no game seven, this episode would fall on Thanksgiving. Which I've seen shows do new episodes on holidays ... but it's unlikely.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

S06E08 "The Doctor in the Photo" Sides - Page 2 Empty Re: S06E08 "The Doctor in the Photo" Sides

Post by jhi1005 Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanksgiving is an eating holiday, and Bones is definitely not a show that you can watch on a full stomach-so I'm voting no on a Thanksgiving episode-gooey bodies and mashed potatoes do not mix!

jhi1005
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:43 pm

I read the sides and I am so EXCITED for this episode. I don't even care about Hannah anymore...because Brennan is WAKING UP!!!!!!! I feel like I should just shout that to the world. She is waking up...and that is progress. It's one small step to becoming a couple...and we get to see how Brennan thinks of Booth.

Booth is starting to treat Brennan more like a friend/partner than just an accquintance. He notices that something is wrong with her when he notices that she's not wearing any gloves.

I think Hannah's appereances will start to be limited. I might be reading a little too much into this...but this could be the end of the beginning of the "Hannah" arch. Booth is starting to be more intentive to Brennan again. They are eating together (presumebly alone). I'm sure that Booth will seem like he's so in love with Hannah at first, but that might change the longer he's around Brennan...and Hannah will start to seem more like the third wheel...and from what I got from the KW interview, Hannah is very good at reading people. Maybe after she starts to hang out with Brennan and the squints, she might start to see what B&B's parntership is really like.

jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:50 pm

Yeah. Some shows like Grey's Anatomy have successfully pulled off thanksgiving night episodes. BUT.....bones is on at 8 (too early for the after dinner crowd) and there is usually big football games on that night too. I bet it's repeat or something.

World Series is tricky. You honestly have no idea if you'll get a game seven sometimes until game six....and by then, it's sometimes too late to start promoting a new episode. We'll see what happens. Bones kind of misses out of the November sweeps b/c of baseball. They really can't plan a HUGE sweeps episode because they never know when it will actually air. This deff screams sweeps, but I'd say we don't see it until December at the earliest. They also often air out of order too....so then again, who knows.

I too, think hannah will just be background noise once this episode happens. This honestly seems like the turning point, at least for brennan. WHo knows what is going on with booth and brennan. Emily said originally that she would be really affected by this case, but try to hide it from booth and that he would kind of....try to get it out of her. If that is still going to happen, it'll be really interesting.

This so reminds me of something the x-files would do. It reminds me of the episode gillian anderson wrote and directed. Forget the name of it....but it was a very odd....'universe talks to you' type thing.

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:09 pm

After reading the sides I am getting more and more excited too. I noticed Booth showing signs he cares about Bones again, though I guess the sides never give anything concrete away. I don't want to get my hopes up too much but at least we know one thing for sure: this will be a very Brennan centric episode and I am excited about what that could mean for her character. I really hope to see the part of Booth that cares about Brennan emege in this ep but like I said... Trying not to get my hopes up.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm purely speculating...but this could be the beginning of the end for Hannah. I think after a while, it won't seem like they are trying to stuff her down are throats...and she'll just be something that's in the way of B&B. Booth doesn't seem to appear as distant from Brennan. He's seems to be treating her more like a friend/partner, than an aquintance. Someone said back in July that Brennan would try to keep this from Booth as long as possible...so I wonder how long it will take him to figure it out. I also think that Brennan might get seriously injured or in danger...with the sniper, which could make Booth realize that she'll always be the one and to kick Hannah to the curb.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by SocksNTies Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:19 pm

However they decide to film this episode, I hope it doesn't end up looking supernatural or cheesy. Like, I wouldn't want the camera to cut to Booth literally dressed up like a white knight.
Also, I hope they can infuse at least some humor into this episode. I'm hoping we get to hear what Brennan hears (interprets) when her friends talk to her. Her literal translations should be good for a laugh.

SocksNTies
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:22 pm

What I am interested to find out is exactly how Brennan will change how she approaches Booth, as has been said by Emily, HH & SN. If she regrets and realises, but loves Booth enough to be happy for him, how will she approach him? Is she going to accept that she can't change things, and therefore move forward becasue it is better to have loved and lost, then to not have loved at all? Will she distance herself? I''m very curious. I wish it could have been an earlier episode.

Last edited by RubyRuby on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:27 pm

I actually got to thinking after these sides....I know that we have been told that Booth torpedoes his relationship with Hannah...but what if its Hannah that ends it. Like Kathryn said in her interview Hannah is a very perceptive person and if come this episode everything turns around the way it seems it may what if she does it. I am sorry but if another woman was in love with my boyfriend and I was "friends" with this person I think I would realize it it may take a while but I would see it there. And if this changes how Booth has been acting then maybe it causes her to probe for more information she is a journalist after all
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:36 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:I actually got to thinking after these sides....I know that we have been told that Booth torpedoes his relationship with Hannah...but what if its Hannah that ends it. Like Kathryn said in her interview Hannah is a very perceptive person and if come this episode everything turns around the way it seems it may what if she does it. I am sorry but if another woman was in love with my boyfriend and I was "friends" with this person I think I would realize it it may take a while but I would see it there. And if this changes how Booth has been acting then maybe it causes her to probe for more information she is a journalist after all

There is a possibility that may happen, however I myself wouldn't feel right if it did. Booth will be left jilted and angsty, thinking of what may have been. Even if B&B then start to become closer, it will leave room for doubt, that had Hannah stayed, then would Booth and Brennan have had a chance? I doubt it, since their relationship is so wonderful, and Booth was successfully moving on.

Booth needs to come to a lot of realisations as well. He needs to come to terms with a lot of issues he's buried deep within himself, and know, REALLY KNOW what he wants in his life. He needs to decide for himself that he wants to be with Brennan, and that she is something he can't just forget, and file away into the past, but that she is his present, and his future.

Last edited by RubyRuby on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by andreana22 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:44 pm

RubyRuby wrote:What I am interested to find out is exactly how Brennan will change how she approaches Booth, as has been said by Emily, HH & SN. If she regrets and realises, but loves Booth enough to be happy for him, how will she approach him? Is she going to accept that she can't change things, and therefore move forward becasue it is better to have loved and lost, than not have loved at all? Will she distance herself? I''m very curious. I wish it could have been an earlier episode.

I think she will be nicer to him. The thought of dying alone would probably make her want to be nicer to people and to connect more with them. And admitting to herself how she feels about him would start her thinking about what kind of life she wants. She might change her mind about marriage and having a family. And I can see her being more bothered by seeing Booth with Hannah, though trying to hide it because she knows she loves him and wants him to be happy.

I wish we were at episode 8. It's going to be hard watching 7 more episodes of Booth and Hannah before we get to this one.

andreana22
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 pm

RubyRuby wrote:
anthropologystudent wrote:I actually got to thinking after these sides....I know that we have been told that Booth torpedoes his relationship with Hannah...but what if its Hannah that ends it. Like Kathryn said in her interview Hannah is a very perceptive person and if come this episode everything turns around the way it seems it may what if she does it. I am sorry but if another woman was in love with my boyfriend and I was "friends" with this person I think I would realize it it may take a while but I would see it there. And if this changes how Booth has been acting then maybe it causes her to probe for more information she is a journalist after all

There is a possibility that may happen, however I myself wouldn't feel right if it did. Booth will be left jilted and angsty, thinking of what may have been. Even if B&B then start to become closer, it will leave room for doubt, that had Hannah stayed, then would Booth and Brennan have had a chance? I doubt it, since their relationship is so wonderful, and Booth was successfully moving on.

Booth needs to come to a lot of realisations as well. He needs to come to terms with a lot of issues he's buried deep within himself, and know, REALLY KNOW what he wants in his life. He needs to decide for himself that he wants to be with Brennan, and that she is something he can just forget, and file away into the past, but that she is his present, and his future.

Would you feel better about it if they amicably came to the realization that it wasn't mean to be (Booth and Hannah)
Because I actually see that more possible over one or the other breaking it off.
Booth does need to have some serious realizations about his life and about Brennan. The poor man has a lot of issues that we haven't really even begun to touch on yet and he moved on so quickly with Hannah that even if she loves him as much as Kathryn says she does its not gonna matter his heart has always loved Brennan. Hannah could see that or hopefully will see that I read in one of the articles that its like a 1 eye opened all the time situation with Hannah she doesn't feel threatened by B/B's relationship but after a while she does begin to notice something.
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:59 pm

anthropologystudent wrote:
RubyRuby wrote:

Booth needs to come to a lot of realisations as well. He needs to come to terms with a lot of issues he's buried deep within himself, and know, REALLY KNOW what he wants in his life. He needs to decide for himself that he wants to be with Brennan, and that she is something he can just forget, and file away into the past, but that she is his present, and his future.

Would you feel better about it if they amicably came to the realization that it wasn't mean to be (Booth and Hannah)
Because I actually see that more possible over one or the other breaking it off.
Booth does need to have some serious realizations about his life and about Brennan. The poor man has a lot of issues that we haven't really even begun to touch on yet and he moved on so quickly with Hannah that even if she loves him as much as Kathryn says she does its not gonna matter his heart has always loved Brennan. Hannah could see that or hopefully will see that I read in one of the articles that its like a 1 eye opened all the time situation with Hannah she doesn't feel threatened by B/B's relationship but after a while she does begin to notice something.

Booth has to at least to come to the realization that Brennan is the one...and no one will ever completely fulfill him like Brennan does. I don't expect him to dump Hannah just to pursue Brennan...because he probably doesn't feel like putting his heart out on the line, but he does have to at least come to some conclusions.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 pm

Random thoughts while reading the sides

- LMAO at B/B Brennan: are you familiar with Occam's Razor? Booth: Of course not. I'm normal.

-Brennan's conversing with the dead woman? ... not a good sign. Ohhh and Sweets catches her doing it? even worse.

- OHHHH!! that " she had nothing to lose" realization. I think that's Brennan's moment people.

- Is it just me or does it seem like they are creating things for Hannah to do just to have her onscreen ( kinda like Sweets sometimes)

- I think I may like Micah. I wonder if he'll be recurring?

Verdict: I'm still looking forward to this episode with a ridiculous amount of enthusiasm!!!

treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamera Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm

When does Brennen admit she made a mistake?
Kamera
Kamera
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 68
Say What You Want : Bones, Bones, Bones, Bones, Uh...and Bones GO B&B
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:01 pm

In the Mike Dworsky side, Booth introduces Brennan as "My associate" and not as "My partner". I know basically these two are synonyms, but I do find the usage strange. Partner, to me, has a more intimate connotation than associate, and it often implies a spouse or significant other.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:In the Mike Dworsky side, Booth introduces Brennan as "My associate" and not as "My partner". I know basically these two are synonyms, but I do find the usage strange. Partner, to me, has a more intimate connotation than associate, and it often implies a spouse or significant other.

I just noticed that....I know it could be taken out of context but its like he is keeping their relationship purely professional. He has called her his Partner since the beginning I can't really think of a time right now where he just called her his Associate. Hmmm very interesting
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:31 pm

[quote="elyon"]
The stage directions describe Booth as the 'man she always sees -- her white knight.' It's Hannah, who identifies the victim. Shaw was a brilliant surgeon with no life. The only one who really misses her is the helicopter pilot who used to fly her to the Caribbean to take transplants to patients. He tried to get her into a relationship. She said no. He said he should have tried harder. 'Looking at what happened, what did she have to lose?' Brennan answers, 'Nothing. She had nothing to lose. She knew that. It was her biggest regret.' Presumably the voice of Shaw has told her this.

This sounds finally what we've been waiting for, it's funny that Bones can have a really golden episode one minute followed by poor quality ones the next, expecially in the later seasons, you have to kind of wait for them to show up and this one sounds like waiting for! God I hope HH doesn't mess around with this too much! Love the obvious correlation between Booth and Bones. If this finally makes her realise how turning him down was so wrong then this looks like the kicker. It reminds me of Angela's comment in season 2 when Bones has been shot at and she says something like 'go easy on Booth, you have you're own knight in shining FBI body armour wanting to protect you' Even then people around Bones knew, hey honey come on look at this guy and what he's prepared to do for you!

Brennan has some touching scenes with a security guard at the Jeffersonian on night duty because she can't sleep and is hanging out there with Shaw's bones. He's telling her that there is no such thing as empiricism; everything is the universe talking to each of us and each of us trying to make sense of it.

I can image that after Hannah shows up and Booth spends less and less time with Bones, this pains her but she can do and say nothing so she would retreat into the world she inhabited before, late nights at work with no one really to talk to, perhaps suddenly realising that post Booth she can't do this anymore and how unthinkable it is not to have Booth (pre Hannah) in her life. I'm sure Emily will really sell this scene well here.

Very little interaction in these pages with Booth but obviously focusing on their relationship viz-a-viz Shaw and her helicopter pilot.

That's fine by me, IF it brings Bones to a final realisation that (a) she loves Booth no question (b) she if Hannah wasn't on the scene she would act on it.

The only bad thing in what I've seen so far is Hannah's involvement in this investigation. I said on a separate thread here that I don't want Hannah being shoe horned into work between Bones and Booth, there is no reason why on earth she should be involved in their cases and that bugs me because it's sloppy writing just to get a 'by the way Hannah and Booth are still crazy about each other folks!' scene in. Of course these are just sides but it's still annoying.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:37 pm

elyon wrote:Markham about Shaw: 'We're polar opposites but man, I could swear I saw in her eyes that she wanted more. I'd have been good for her. She should have given me a chance. Given us a chance. What did she have to lose?'
He tells Brennan that Shaw put herself into dangerous situations out of despair.

I love that quote, I think Booth when he first saw Bones that's what he sees in her too, Booth has been good for Bones, so good, totally opened her up to a new world and she needs to acknowledge that to herself. In the end by saying no to Boot she lost him any way. And the last bit reminds me about a scene in an earlier season when Bones goes chasing after some guy underground in the dark and Booth has to chase after her. Angela finds out and tries to warn her about how she is increasingly getting herself into dangerous situations without fear. Makes you wonder if Bones now without Booth emotionally being there for her, exposes herself to more danger for that self same reason as this character.

So I'm going to have to wait until December for this? banghead

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:41 pm

elyon wrote:Markham about Shaw: 'We're polar opposites but man, I could swear I saw in her eyes that she wanted more. I'd have been good for her. She should have given me a chance. Given us a chance. What did she have to lose?'
He tells Brennan that Shaw put herself into dangerous situations out of despair.

I love that quote, I think Booth when he first saw Bones that's what he sees in her too, Booth has been good for Bones, so good, totally opened her up to a new world and she needs to acknowledge that to herself. In the end by saying no to Boot she lost him any way. And the last bit reminds me about a scene in an earlier season when Bones goes chasing after some guy underground in the dark and Booth has to chase after her. Angela finds out and tries to warn her about how she is increasingly getting herself into dangerous situations without fear. Makes you wonder if Bones now without Booth emotionally being there for her, exposes herself to more danger for that self same reason as this character.

The 'associate' comment from Booth is also rather telling, clearly he is still keeping her at arms length emotionally, has he ever called her that before? It was always 'partner' or 'Dr Brennan' when he was introducing her to people, it makes it sound like they purely have a business relationship - which I guess now they
do. Sad

So I'm going to have to wait until December for this? banghead

Sorry double post!

Last edited by bella on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:47 pm

No sorry that does NOT work for me with B&B realising they are both in love storyline. It has to be Booth who realises that Hannah despite being perfect for him is not the one he wants. Think how unsatisfying it would feel for many fans, if Booth is apparently still being painted as being crazy in love with Hannah but Hannah senses that Bones is in love with Booth and she leaves because she she's smart and knows the relationship is doomed. Then you get Booth heartbroken and what...Bones is the gal he goes crying back to in frustration? The fallback gal? Sorry that doesn't work for me, he has to be the one who ends it with Hannah by clearly showing to us that he's realised he's lying to himself and Hannah is not what he wants to make him truly happy.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:26 pm

What if it's a mutual breakup? Booths feelings for Brennan are starting to come back out, along with Brennan's realization. And Hannah just knows. Maybe she will be the one to finally make Booth open his eyes.
I would be ok with that. That way there are no regrets from anyone and we will love Hannah for making him see the truth.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by tinge1990 Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Yep, I would so appreciate a nice amicable break up.

We could all use a little less angst.

tinge1990
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:06 pm

I am really looking forward to this epsiode. It sounds awesome.

Gotta say...the night guard...he's kinda sassy..and I found his interactions with Brennan really great. I loved his response to Brennan about going to all the lectures funny....

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm pretty sure Booth has called her "my associate" before. So yea it may be a sign of him pushing her away or it could be the writers using a new word to keep from repeating themselves. Smile

I also could see Booth realizing it isn't working with Hannah but being too nice to break it off or wanting to have his cake and eat it too. If Hannah calls him out on this "you're in love with Temperance. Go love her.". To me that wouldn't leave Booth heart broken. My fear if Booth ends it is Brennan feeling guilty and like it was her fault. So yea like others have said it needs to be ambicical.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next