Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katheryn Winnick Interviews

+11
bella
Evil Monkey
jro54
anthropologystudent
MI_Bonesgirl
mereva
SnoopGirl
puckishbearscubsfan
bugaboo628
elyon
jhi1005
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Katheryn Winnick Interviews - Page 2 Empty Re: Katheryn Winnick Interviews

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:00 am

jhi1005 wrote:
I would be against her becoming a regular for a few reasons:
1) Since she's not directly connected to the Jeffersonian or the FBI, they'd have to shoehorn her into storylines to give her screentime. They do this already with Sweets (who at least works for the FBI) and it annoys me to have him inserted into scenes just for the sake of being there without any logical reason why.

2) They've got a crowded cast already-regulars like Tamara Taylor have to go several episodes without having their own storylines, and adding another regular cast member would just make that worse. I already feel like sometimes the episodes are too crowded, let's not pack anything else in.

Totally with you on this one, I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would think that Hannah becoming a cast regular is a good idea for not only the B&B storyline end game (which according to HH is still for them to get together) or the rest of the long standing cast members.

There was a logical reason for Cam to continue, she worked at the Lab and when she was sleeping with Booth his relationship with Bones was still one of partners, best friends but with no actual delarations having been made of any kind. Also you got the impression that it was a good but casual sexual relationship, I felt they had hooked up for old times sake on a whim and were just enjoying it whilst it lasted, now things have changed between B&B, declarations of love have been made by Booth and Hannah is now being sold as "the one". When Booth and Cam split up, it made sense for Cam to remain with the team and keep her by then good relationship with Bones and Booth to continue. If Hannah stays she is either still the SO of Booth (and if so where the hell does that leave B&B) OR she is a now the very much ex girlfriend who is still hanging around! This same girl who Booth professed to be crazy about. She has no link at all with either of their jobs so the creators would have to find a way to pop her into episodes under some ridiculous premise which escapes me right now. In real live (and I realise this is TV land) she would be saying adios to Booth and Bones and probably going back to her roving war reporting.

They just about get away with it with Sweets because he works for the FBI and he had previously agreed to work for Booth profiling people so that's how they got him into more of the show working alongside Bones aswell. That I can accept but Hannah full time? Sorry no, it makes no sense. It also just feels weird I mean you would have Booth who has slept with Cam and then Hannah who he professes to adore and then if they split and he sleeps with Bones (who he really professes to love... Rolling Eyes ) all in the same working enivronment together - oh please give me a break!

The episodes are not that long to get another regular cast member in and pack a sensible case into it aswell is just not on in my view, you would have to kill off one of the regulars like a Cam to achieve then.

I have nothing against KW at all, she seems charming but I seriously hope that she is not offered any long term gig on this show, if so HH needs to start taking his meds because he will have lost the plot completely in my view.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by recoveringbonesaddict Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 am

Calm down folks, she is not going to become a series regular. This is just a clever (laughing) marketing campaign to keep us talking and writing about the show. We all know Hart loves controversy, and what better way then to insinuate that KW might become a series regular.

Keep in mind that all the networks are looking to control costs, and adding another cast member is something the network will struggle with unless the ratings go through the roof.

Everyone should really be concerned that a series regular will be let go, my Guess Tamara Taylor or John Francis Daly. Tamara was barely on some episodes last season, and JFD really is an unnecessary character.

recoveringbonesaddict
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2010-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:44 am

As much as I know that Hannah will not end up with Booth forever I can understand the RIP B&B comments. Going by KW's interview, with all the time the show will spend exploring Booth and Hannah's amazing, wonderful, serious relationship exactly when are we going to see Booth and Brennan's relationship at least go back to what it was? The more they strengthen Booth and Hannah's relationship the harder it will be to salvage what is left (not much) of Booth and Brennan's.

The thing I found interesting was the comment Hannah will apparently make when we see her and Booth in bed together, about his and Brennan's "connection". I hope that means we actually get to see some scenes between BB where there is still a connection evident.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:46 am

I find it funny that KW really doesn't know anything about the B&B dynamic. When ask if she was a fan show of the show before she got the role, she said that she's only seen a couple episodes to prepare for her role.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:12 am

So... When KW mentioned the scene that will make the entire fandom vomit, did anyone else's brain jump to "oh they talk about Brennan after that" to "maybe Booth calls Brennan's name when he, you know...". Or am I the only sick one that went there scratch Twisted Evil
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:24 am

Maybe Booth will moan, "BOOOOOONES," very loudly while he's bed with Hannah. Twisted Evil He'll probably just get a call and he says he has to go to New Jersey with Bones and she asks about his relationship with her...but I'm still not watching it.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:26 am

jro54 wrote:I find it funny that KW really doesn't know anything about the B&B dynamic. When ask if she was a fan show of the show before she got the role, she said that she's only seen a couple episodes to prepare for her role.

Actually she said prior to getting the role she had only seen a couple episodes but while preparing she's been able to catch up on "a few seasons."

At least that's the way I took it. Smile
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:55 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:So... When KW mentioned the scene that will make the entire fandom vomit, did anyone else's brain jump to "oh they talk about Brennan after that" to "maybe Booth calls Brennan's name when he, you know...". Or am I the only sick one that went there scratch Twisted Evil

I can't think of any scene I'd rather see than Booth and Hannah having sex and then discussing Brennan. My God, what an original idea! Makes me feel warm all over. So now we have Booth bookended by Brennan pit bulling him about Hannah and Hannah pumping him (oops, sorry) about Brennan. I think the guy should join a Buddhist monastery in the Himalayas. Hey, is this a show or what!

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:59 am

DoctorB wrote:As much as I know that Hannah will not end up with Booth forever I can understand the RIP B&B comments. Going by KW's interview, with all the time the show will spend exploring Booth and Hannah's amazing, wonderful, serious relationship exactly when are we going to see Booth and Brennan's relationship at least go back to what it was? The more they strengthen Booth and Hannah's relationship the harder it will be to salvage what is left (not much) of Booth and Brennan's.

The thing I found interesting was the comment Hannah will apparently make when we see her and Booth in bed together, about his and Brennan's "connection". I hope that means we actually get to see some scenes between BB where there is still a connection evident.

Yes it would be nice to see some kind of Bones and Brennan connection since it seems to be pretty non existant at present.

And I agree that the longer they build up the Booth and Hannah dynamic the more difficult it becomes to (a) dissolve it and (b) build back up the BB relationship. I just wonder if HH knows what he's getting himself into with this triangle.

As for the sex scene and then the supposed conversation about Bones, well I could think of better places to have that.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:09 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:So... When KW mentioned the scene that will make the entire fandom vomit, did anyone else's brain jump to "oh they talk about Brennan after that" to "maybe Booth calls Brennan's name when he, you know...". Or am I the only sick one that went there scratch Twisted Evil

Evil or Very Mad I guess that makes me a rather sick person too! Twisted Evil
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:10 am

recoveringbonesaddict wrote:Calm down folks, she is not going to become a series regular. This is just a clever (laughing) marketing campaign to keep us talking and writing about the show. We all know Hart loves controversy, and what better way then to insinuate that KW might become a series regular.

Keep in mind that all the networks are looking to control costs, and adding another cast member is something the network will struggle with unless the ratings go through the roof.

Everyone should really be concerned that a series regular will be let go, my Guess Tamara Taylor or John Francis Daly. Tamara was barely on some episodes last season, and JFD really is an unnecessary character.

I'm calm but I just think it's a seriously stupid idea if they do for some bizarre reason go down that route or extend her run to a large number of episode this season - both are born of poor writing. I must admit reading the interviews, I did get the impression that its the journo's were trying to fish for a story with KW but I still wouldn't be shocked if it happened!

And I realise a lot of people don't like Sweets as a character but I actually wouldn't want him to leave or Cam for that matter but if one of the main cast have to go I think sadly it will be one of them.

bella
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by bugaboo628 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Another article on the conference call

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Its confirmed that Hannah is the perosn who has the minor surgical procedure.

Great. Rolling Eyes loco pale puke
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by anthropologystudent Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Here is the rest of Jim's interview with Katheryn if you haven't read the 1st one I recommend that you do!
anthropologystudent
anthropologystudent
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 144
Say What You Want : "Plus que ma propre vie''
Registration date : 2010-08-19

https://www.facebook.com/ashley.m.simpson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content