Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ausiello & 'Bones' Love Triangle

+10
Lo
RubyRuby
gordongordonfan
jro54
MI_Bonesgirl
DoctorB
bella
bailey
bugaboo628
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ausiello & 'Bones' Love Triangle Empty Ausiello & 'Bones' Love Triangle

Post by bugaboo628 Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:36 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Ausiello & 'Bones' Love Triangle Empty Re: Ausiello & 'Bones' Love Triangle

Post by bailey Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am

Hmmm ... just enough new information in that video to make me feel sad again.

And we get to see which exit then went with from that B roll clip. Let's just say it's not the one we wanted.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 am

bailey wrote:Hmmm ... just enough new information in that video to make me feel sad again.

And we get to see which exit then went with from that B roll clip. Let's just say it's not the one we wanted.

Can't say I'm surprised, I was looking out for that actually to see which ending they used and they appear to have picked the one where he walks out without a backward glance.

Poor Bones, my admiration for Booth wanes by the episode.

Still that's the way it's being played out.

That said, Bones doesn't look as sad as she did in the B-roll clip in this one, just somewhat intrigued and vaguely amused at Hannah's offer.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am

This makes me sad. How do they fix this? I don't know how anyone can maintain that Booth even likes Brennan or even wants to be so much as friends with her after seeing this clip. He can't wait to get away from her. It's going to take a lot to convince me that Booth still has genuine feelings for Brennan Sad

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 am

I'mnot surprised that is the clip they used. Booth is putting everything he has into his relationship with Hannah. And why wouldn't he? As we've rehashed over and over,he has no reason to think there is anything with Brennan. Hannah is there, Hannah is putting out, Hannah is perfect and Hannah loves him. That is the angle they are going to play and that is he only way for Brennan to see what she lost. Yeah it's gonna suck, and it will get worse before it (hopefully) gets better..
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 am

I just don't know how they bring the awesome
BB relationship back from here. I just can't believe Booth really believes Brennan wants to be treated like he's treating her. I think he's doing it because it's easier for him, because he has convinced himself he has no feelings for Brennan and doesn't care about her anymore - I don't believe he's doing it because he thinks that what she really wants. We have been set up to believe Booth is the caring, protective one who is very observant and in check with his emotions and I just can't buy him genuinely believing Brennan wants nothing more than a strictly professional relationship with no friendship or comraderie or anything.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 am

DoctorB wrote:I just don't know how they bring the awesome
BB relationship back from here. I just can't believe Booth really believes Brennan wants to be treated like he's treating her. I think he's doing it because it's easier for him, because he has convinced himself he has no feelings for Brennan and doesn't care about her anymore - I don't believe he's doing it because he thinks that what she really wants. We have been set up to believe Booth is the caring, protective one who is very observant and in check with his emotions and I just can't buy him genuinely believing Brennan wants nothing more than a strictly professional relationship with no friendship or comraderie or anything.

I could believe that Booth believes that Brennan only wants a professional relationship. He told her that he had move on and she said I know...so why would he think anything otherwise...and may be it's just me, but I thought it look kinda sad when Brennan says that she didn't keep in contact with him...and "friends" keep in contact. I'm not bashing Brennan by any means, but I can sort of see why Booth would think that she wants nothing more than a work relationship, but I haven't seen the clips and I don't want too...and to be fair, if he didn't want to be friends with her anymore, he wouldn't have gone out for drinks with her PERIOD.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:00 am

DoctorB wrote:I just don't know how they bring the awesome

Yes, I agree Booth's new behaviour is not what we have been set up to expect over the last 5 seasons when it comes to Bones and I'm talking about their basic friendship and camaraderie here. The trouble is that these characters have been messed around with so much by the writers, especially the last few seasons that they will have Booth now behaving with Bones as if she's some woman he has some reasonable but not too deep acquaintance back to the love of his life (the one for 20,30,40 years...) by the end of this season when he's dumped Hannah for some spurious reason no one can understand. And he'll be back to making eyes with Bones as if nothing happened!

I do wonder how HH is going to pull this story arc with Booth/Hannah/Bones off I really do and make it seem a natural process rather than Booth having a personality transplant between episodes to explain his sudden change of affection/attention back to Bones and the rejection of the apparently perfect Hannah.

Guess that's why we watch.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:34 am

*shrugs* It's a stall tactic guys. Hart doesn't want to out B&B together yet so this is what we get. The characters are simply puppets for the writers. It's the 6th season, they've done a reset. Reset the characters and reset the story. Sure it makes me sad, but it is what it is. We'll see if and how Hart can pull this off and keep his audience intact.
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:38 am

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:*shrugs* It's a stall tactic guys. Hart doesn't want to out B&B together yet so this is what we get. The characters are simply puppets for the writers. It's the 6th season, they've done a reset. Reset the characters and reset the story. Sure it makes me sad, but it is what it is. We'll see if and how Hart can pull this off and keep his audience intact.

I agree.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by 192630 Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:43 pm

I did not watch the clip but after reading your posts I don't know if I'll survive this arch. I'm afraid Hannah will be around for awhile. SN stated that Brennan and Hannah bond and become sort of drinking buddies.

Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:54 pm

The whole drinking buddies is the same section posted in the 'B' clips from before, where Booth and Hannah go to dinner and leave Brennan at FF (she declines their invite)... and Hannah says to her something like "we'll have to have a girls night and 'dish' on Booth"...

It never says Brennan goes, or that if she does it becomes some Brennan / Hannah BFF love fest. It's just another spoiler tactic, to overexaggerate something!
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm

I am selfishly looking forward to the day that that the 'love triangle' articles and interviews stop, when I can read a spoiler and get stupid excited.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lo Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:18 pm

Analogy time, right when I saw this. I feel like the majority of Bones fans are the little kid in the back of the van, continually asking "are we there yet?" Hart of course is driving said mini van (so perhaps it has a hemi engine in it or whatever Hart's into). Nathan is riding shotgun eating donuts.

Hannah to me isn't a stall tactic, I guess I feel more like Hart is taking the appropriate amount of time to put them together through his plan or means. Sometimes you just can't rush a storyline. Hannah does seem like the tool that will propel Brennan to make realizations about her feelings for Booth, whether it is discovering them or finding that she can't put them on the backburner and feel nothing (aka compartmentalize) - that's really all how fans interpret where Brennan is in her feelings for Booth.
Lo
Lo
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 683
Say What You Want : Icon: tempertemper77 @ lj
Registration date : 2008-06-15

http://twitter.com/clairedietz

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:58 pm

bailey wrote:Hmmm ... just enough new information in that video to make me feel sad again.

thanks for the heads up I'm not watching this video... and I'm guessing when you say it's not the ending we want, they went with the " let's go, let's go" ending. I think I may puke
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:24 pm

MI_Bonesgirl wrote:*shrugs* It's a stall tactic guys. Hart doesn't want to out B&B together yet so this is what we get. The characters are simply puppets for the writers. It's the 6th season, they've done a reset. Reset the characters and reset the story. Sure it makes me sad, but it is what it is. We'll see if and how Hart can pull this off and keep his audience intact.

The only thing we can do is sit and wait and see if HH can pull it off, doesn't stop me worrying that it's not salvageable though.

Apparently doing a reset involves completely altering the characters so they are nearly unrecognisable.

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyRuby Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:27 pm

Something is really bugging me about that scene with Sweets and Booth in the car.

When Hodgins, Angela, and Wendell were at the Diner together becasue they wanted to act like everything was ok, Sweets walked in, took one look at the situation, and said, that it was NOT ok, even though Hodgins insisted at the time that it was alright with him.

Now, Booth is dating someone else, Sweets knows something about what went down between B&B that night outside his office, as well as the fact that he knows they have a deep emotional connection, and had a surrogate relationship for a long time. He had also concluded that they were in love with each other. So, have I missed something? Its ok for Sweets to step in with Hodgins/Angela/Wendell, but now, he is ok with B&B's situation, and saying Booth is a lucky man! After being privvy to so much that has happened between them? Where is the emphatic, "No, this is not ok", becasue he would have to be pretty stupid to see that B&B are not dealing with this properly.

I'm trying to be objective here, but I'm just finding myself getting irritated instead.
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 am

RubyRuby wrote:Something is really bugging me about that scene with Sweets and Booth in the car.

When Hodgins, Angela, and Wendell were at the Diner together becasue they wanted to act like everything was ok, Sweets walked in, took one look at the situation, and said, that it was NOT ok, even though Hodgins insisted at the time that it was alright with him.

Now, Booth is dating someone else, Sweets knows something about what went down between B&B that night outside his office, as well as the fact that he knows they have a deep emotional connection, and had a surrogate relationship for a long time. He had also concluded that they were in love with each other. So, have I missed something? Its ok for Sweets to step in with Hodgins/Angela/Wendell, but now, he is ok with B&B's situation, and saying Booth is a lucky man! After being privvy to so much that has happened between them? Where is the emphatic, "No, this is not ok", becasue he would have to be pretty stupid to see that B&B are not dealing with this properly.

I'm trying to be objective here, but I'm just finding myself getting irritated instead.

I don't think Sweets will think it's ok. Sweets is intimidated by Booth. I can tell in that clip that Sweets must have been ragging Booth about it, and in typical Booth fashion, he gets loud, and denies that there was ever anything with Brennan. Even though Sweets and everyone else knows better. Booth has Hannah to hide behind now, and he *thinks* he is in love and happy with her. He has to convince himself of that before he can convince anyone else.
No one else has ever blatantly challenged Sweets the way B&B have. B&B wrote the book on stubborn denial. Sometimes it's just easier to just throw your hands up and give in, then it is to keep perisitently arguing. Especially with Booth. I'm sure Sweets doesn't want to get shot.
On the other hand, Sweets is also coming off a bad breakup with Daisy. Sweets has changed in his time apart too, and maybe that will cause him to lay off the B&B issue a little bit. If he knows that Booth tried and got shot down, what else is there to say? Not much other than you're a lucky man, and I'm happy for you. Sweets saw what those 2 have gone through. I'm sure he knows how much they've hurt each other. Anyone can see that. But it's certainly not healthy emotionally or in their work enviroment for them to continue on the way they were last season. We are in a situation now where Booth is "happy" at least on some level-I don't for one second believe that Hannah fulfills and completes him the way Brennan does. But he's in this serious relationship, and he owes it to himself, Hannah AND Brennan to see if it will work out. What the consequences and fallout will be-well, no one really knows yet... bounce
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by puckishbearscubsfan Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 am

I like Ausiello but I'm sorry I read that as Ausiella and Bones love triangle as in Ausiella Brennan and Booth are having a love triangle.

EWWWWWW

puckishbearscubsfan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:29 am

B&B needs a new psychologist. Of course, they aren't officially his patients any more. But Sweets is too close to the situation....and he has never been good at telling when Booth (or anyone else) is lying. Heck, earlier in the episode he said the kidnapper father was being truthful. LOL!

And yeah, he might have just been giving into Booth...and Sweets didn't spend much time with Brennan in the first episode. So we will have to see how this 2nd episode goes. Like does the scene in the diner with the 3 of them where Sweets asks if they want to talk about it come before or after the scene between Sweets and Booth?

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 am

crzy4bones wrote:B&B needs a new psychologist. Of course, they aren't officially his patients any more. But Sweets is too close to the situation....and he has never been good at telling when Booth (or anyone else) is lying. Heck, earlier in the episode he said the kidnapper father was being truthful. LOL!

And yeah, he might have just been giving into Booth...and Sweets didn't spend much time with Brennan in the first episode. So we will have to see how this 2nd episode goes. Like does the scene in the diner with the 3 of them where Sweets asks if they want to talk about it come before or after the scene between Sweets and Booth?

Oh wow, if he is still their psychologist, he definitely needs to step back cause you're right he is waaayy to close to the situation.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:15 am

Question -- why is the FBI paying for a pet psychologist to tail around an FBI agent and an independent contractor? From the FBI's point of view, exactly what is Sweets' assignment per B&B?

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:16 am

elyon wrote:Question -- why is the FBI paying for a pet psychologist to tail around an FBI agent and an independent contractor? From the FBI's point of view, exactly what is Sweets' assignment per B&B?

profiling I guess.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:19 am

Profiling Booth or suspects? If the former, does every FBI agent have an assigned psychologist? It just makes no sense from a practical standpoint and I get so tired of Sweets constantly acting as the Greek chorus in nearly every scene dealing with B&B interaction. He should be a punctuation point not an on-going monologue.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:52 am

elyon wrote:Profiling Booth or suspects? If the former, does every FBI agent have an assigned psychologist? It just makes no sense from a practical standpoint and I get so tired of Sweets constantly acting as the Greek chorus in nearly every scene dealing with B&B interaction. He should be a punctuation point not an on-going monologue.

according to The Verdict in the Story , profiling suspects, I would imagine that Booth gets his own profiler because he also has his own forensic anthropologist, and that team together is what solves the difficult murders
but I don't disagree with you, I get tired of his never ending commentary on the B/B dynamic as well.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next