Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A opinion about the Direction of the series

+9
Zygomatic
bonesfan158
DoctorB
jro54
IheartB&B
iheartbooth
gordongordonfan
treble21
anthropologystudent
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A opinion about the Direction of the series  - Page 2 Empty Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by RubyRuby Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:57 pm

bella wrote:
DoctorB wrote:
This. I totally agree with everything you've said especially that the Booth we all know and love would NEVER intentionally hurt Brennan. What makes me nervous is that we're only one episode in, the worst is hardly over, how much more of Booth being uncaring, disinterested in and "over" Brennan will we have to sit through? The more of it we see the more his character and the BB relationship will be harder and harder to fix.

That's why this is such a risky story arc to have Booth plunging into this relationship with Hannah and laying it on thick that "SHE IS THE ONE AND ONLY AND I'VE MOVED ON" when Booth's character has always been protective, caring, loving and at times openly adoring of Bones (when she wasn't looking). He was never cruel or cold, I realise the writers/DB are going for the 'he's been really hurt, moving on, he's trying to make her jealous" angle but they run the risk of destroying what made fans root for Booth and Bones in the first place. Booth is meant to be a stand up guy, expecially with Bones, the woman he is supposed to love for 20,30,40 years....now we have to get our heads around a guy who says that but 7 months later has moved on (apparently) adores Hannah, his feelings for Bones have totally vanished but hey in about another 6 or 7 episodes he's going to have ditched wonderful Hannah and be back to adoring Bones as if nothing has happened and she's the love of his life! And of course we're meant to be so relieved about it we should forget Booth was such a jerk to her beforehand for weeks on end! Sorry none of that makes sense to me and I find it annoying that the writers seriously think you should buy into this kind of characterisation for Booth.

If Booth's image is tarnished it will be difficult to resurrect, why should Bones be in love guy that behaves like he currently is towards her? I know I wouldn't be no matter how great he had been to me in the past.

Well said!!!
RubyRuby
RubyRuby
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 451
Say What You Want : Credit goes to bones/tumblr for the beautiful banner. I do NOT support the SO storyline. Its an insult to wonderful characters and the talented actors who portray them.
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

A opinion about the Direction of the series  - Page 2 Empty Re: A opinion about the Direction of the series

Post by iheartbooth Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:24 pm

bella wrote:
DoctorB wrote:
This. I totally agree with everything you've said especially that the Booth we all know and love would NEVER intentionally hurt Brennan. What makes me nervous is that we're only one episode in, the worst is hardly over, how much more of Booth being uncaring, disinterested in and "over" Brennan will we have to sit through? The more of it we see the more his character and the BB relationship will be harder and harder to fix.

That's why this is such a risky story arc to have Booth plunging into this relationship with Hannah and laying it on thick that "SHE IS THE ONE AND ONLY AND I'VE MOVED ON" when Booth's character has always been protective, caring, loving and at times openly adoring of Bones (when she wasn't looking). He was never cruel or cold, I realise the writers/DB are going for the 'he's been really hurt, moving on, he's trying to make her jealous" angle but they run the risk of destroying what made fans root for Booth and Bones in the first place. Booth is meant to be a stand up guy, expecially with Bones, the woman he is supposed to love for 20,30,40 years....now we have to get our heads around a guy who says that but 7 months later has moved on (apparently) adores Hannah, his feelings for Bones have totally vanished but hey in about another 6 or 7 episodes he's going to have ditched wonderful Hannah and be back to adoring Bones as if nothing has happened and she's the love of his life! And of course we're meant to be so relieved about it we should forget Booth was such a jerk to her beforehand for weeks on end! Sorry none of that makes sense to me and I find it annoying that the writers seriously think you should buy into this kind of characterisation for Booth.

If Booth's image is tarnished it will be difficult to resurrect, why should Bones be in love guy that behaves like he currently is towards her? I know I wouldn't be no matter how great he had been to me in the past.

I guess we can all just hope that Booth doesn't act the way he did during the premiere for the first 1/4-1/3 of the season (God help me if Hannah is around longer than that) No

All in all, I think this is a distasterous plotline that will test already thoroughly tested fans. I think that what everyone liked (those who liked it, that is) about the season finale was the possibilities it opened up. Having Booth fall "in love" during their time apart is really just a slap in the face, IMO. In the words of ED, sometimes I want to shoot the writers (and I will tack HH on to that).
iheartbooth
iheartbooth

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorB Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:35 pm

bella wrote:
DoctorB wrote:

THIS

I totally agree with everything you have said. Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way Smile

DoctorB
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:00 am

[quote="DoctorB"]
bella wrote:
DoctorB wrote:

THIS

I totally agree with everything you have said. Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way Smile

Conversely, why would Booth feel any regret over moving on from the Brennan that is being presented to us in these first few episodes? She is showing no regret, no self-awareness and no evidence that she feels she made a mistake in turning Booth down. Her entire behavior only confirms the decision that he made to move on was the right one.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1073
Say What You Want : Pyramids are better at change than you are.
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:23 am

^Brennan is going to realize her feelings for Booth simply because she has to before they can ever get together…and for all they know, this could very well be the last season. If they don’t get renewed, then B&B could very well get together this season. Plus, why would Booth “torpedo” his relationship with a woman who is so perfect for him for a woman who he believes doesn’t love him? She has to at least show him that she loves him and that she still cares about him. HH and SN have both confirmed that Brennan will come ot terms with her feelings...but it won't happen all at once. Emily said the same thing in an interview, that she will be uncertain about her feelings at first, but that she would come to the conclusion that she loves Booth this season.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 am

I would love to see some uncertainty but I haven't seen it yet. We'll see what happens tomorrow and how they finally decided to cut some of the scenes that have several versions out there. So far Brennan has been perfectly candid that she's not jealous and wishes Booth well, not a stutter, not a blink, not a jot of B&B chemistry either.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:25 am

Well, we have only see one episode. HH&Co. have said that Brennan will come to terms with her feelings, but it won't happen all at once...and it going take some time because Brennan has such a steap learning curve Rolling Eyes ...so we'll see what happens.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by elyon Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:39 am

A steep learning curve means that she learns quickly. I would say her learning curve on this is so flat that a pancake looks like Everest in comparison.

elyon
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by bonesfan158 Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 am

I disagree, she does have a very steep learning curve. That's what got her into this emotional abyss in the first place. She learned quickly in foster care and in school to shut down emotionally to survive.(We know she was an outcast in school and was in abusive foster homes).
Letting people in causes pain. It probably started out as a coping mechanism, but because she learns so well and quickly, she was able to take it to a new level. She also uses denial as coping mechanism better than anyone I've ever seen.

bonesfan158
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post by crzy4bones Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:36 am

elyon wrote:A steep learning curve means that she learns quickly. I would say her learning curve on this is so flat that a pancake looks like Everest in comparison.

I tell my husband that Brennan might be the World's Dumbest Genius....because it does seem like she hasn't learned a single thing in all these years in this regard. Although I will say she seemed to have taken a little step in last week's episode.

crzy4bones
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2010-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2