Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Win a birthday call from Emily & David!

+2
19ana89
bugaboo628
6 posters

:: News

Go down

Win a birthday call from Emily & David! Empty Win a birthday call from Emily & David!

Post by bugaboo628 Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:21 pm

Bid to win a Happy Birthday telephone call from Bones stars Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz! Auction runs September 20th - 30th, 2010.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
bugaboo628
bugaboo628
Administrator/Head Moderator

Number of posts : 1586
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Win a birthday call from Emily & David! Empty Re: Win a birthday call from Emily & David!

Post by 19ana89 Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:09 am

Dispite the fact it would be awesome, I think it's rediculous to pay that much for a phone call...
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Win a birthday call from Emily & David! Empty Re: Win a birthday call from Emily & David!

Post by a380fan Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:06 am

Yeah... $510 is a bit steep.
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 193
Say What You Want : When I was young I wanted to grow up to be a fireman, then I realised you can't be both.
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:40 am

a380fan wrote:Yeah... $510 is a bit steep.

Hmmm ... I guess if you had the extra money and it is going to charity, but it'd better be a nice, long phone call that I could record. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 811
Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:54 am

bailey wrote:

Hmmm ... I guess if you had the extra money and it is going to charity, but it'd better be a nice, long phone call that I could record. Lol.

I'd spend that much, saying I had that much, for a visit to the set, or a background role. Maybe.

But a phone call? Why, I think not!
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : When I was young I wanted to grow up to be a fireman, then I realised you can't be both.

Back to top Go down

Post by 19ana89 Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 am

Yeah. That I'd pay for.
19ana89
19ana89
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1938
Say What You Want : Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear.
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://www.facebook.com/19ana89

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:56 pm

I hope it's at least a LIVE phone call. You know, not like a recording of them singing happy birthday (insert name here). Razz Like, you could have a conversation. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:00 pm

a380fan wrote:
bailey wrote:

I'd spend that much, saying I had that much, for a visit to the set, or a background role. Maybe.

I agree it's overboard.

I've seen set visits (not for Bones but other shows) go for closer to 10,000 dollars.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

Say What You Want : "You just had a rebound. Yeah, which don't get me wrong can be a really fun distraction. But, when it's over, you're left thinking about the girl you really like, the one that broke your heart."

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:36 pm

bailey wrote:
a380fan wrote:
bailey wrote:

I agree it's overboard.

I've seen set visits (not for Bones but other shows) go for closer to 10,000 dollars.

Yeah... There are some set visits being auctioned at the same time that are in the thousands already if I'm not mistaken.
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 am

meh it's for charity, so I think if you have the money and are willing to spend it, do it.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 am

treble21 wrote:meh it's for charity, so I think if you have the money and are willing to spend it, do it.

Having a high enough limit on my Visa probably doesn't count though does it? Rolling Eyes I mean I could prolly buy it back if I didn't eat for a few months. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:41 am

bailey wrote:
treble21 wrote:meh it's for charity, so I think if you have the money and are willing to spend it, do it.

Having a high enough limit on my Visa probably doesn't count though does it? Rolling Eyes I mean I could prolly buy it back if I didn't eat for a few months. Lol.

LOL who needs food??

I've been thinking and honestly I think it probably is a recorded call.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bailey Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:01 am

treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:

LOL who needs food??

Surely not! That would really suck. Twisted Evil

And to clarify, I meant I'd have to forego food to pay thousands for a set visit, I could probably swing a 500 phone call without the help of Mr. Visa or starvation. LOL. But I wouldn't. Smile

I actually know a couple girls who did one of these in another fandom .... they split a set visit, got prior approval from the auction to do this. I think they paid a little over 5,000 each when all was said and done. The deal was suppose to be a set visit, and a luncheon with one of the stars. Well they got the set visit, but the lunch never happened. They got to meet the star but she was too busy on set for the lunch. They were so disappointed. But the good thing about it was, the star felt so bad about the situation that later she had her people call and set up an invite for them to go with her to a charity thing and apologized to them in person. Very nice of her, but still crappy to pay 5,000 dollars and not get what you expected. Sad

Sorry for the rant, I'm procrasting cleaning my apartment this morning. Lol.
bailey
bailey
Doctor
Doctor

~ Jim Halpert

Back to top Go down

Post by a380fan Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:05 am

treble21 wrote:
bailey wrote:

LOL who needs food??

I must say, if I payed that paid that much money, and it was a recorded call I'd be like...

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
a380fan
a380fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down