Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tempe Trine

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Tempe Trine - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tempe Trine

Post by AMarty Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:15 am

Booth demonstrates he grasps the basics...

**************RATED MA RATED MA****************

(Part 20)

(Day 7)
Brennan’s Office
Jeffersonian Institution

Booth and Temperance had spent the entire evening tantalizingly close to each other as she explained the intricacies of her life. The glances and stares elevated the sense of desire between them. They were standing side-by-side at her desk looking at the interior of the special wooden box when Booth moved to stand directly behind her and pressed his body the full length of hers. Temperance gasped with joy and apprehension as she felt his body against hers. He wrapped his arms around her and held her close as he kissed the back of her neck.

“Ohh, Booth.”

He began gradually moving his hands randomly and gently along the front of her body. Caressing everything they encountered in teasing and loving flights of joy while he continued to kiss her neck. He leaned further forward and kissed her ear then whispered “Bones, I want you tonight. Here and now.”

“Booth, I want you too, but I can’t. Partners don’t do this. I can’t” she whimpered.

“Shhhh. Don’t worry Bones. Tempe.”

“Yes.”

“Seeley loves Tempe and wants her now.”

A gasp of joy from Tempe as she said “Tempe complies with joy in her heart.” She pressed her body tighter against his and placed her hands on his to guide them where she wanted them. She moaned lightly as he found the right spots.

They stood like that for several minutes and then Seeley began unbuttoning her blouse and undoing her pants. He stepped back far enough so she could turn to face him and once she had, he bent slowly and gently towards her. Gradually, he closed the distance between them, staring in to her eyes always, as their second real kiss took place. It was even more gentle than the first, initially, but soon gave way to the moment for both of them.

They finally broke the kiss to breathe and Tempe said “Ohh, Seeley, more... more...”

He groaned “Yes, I want more too..”

They kissed again and while in that position Seeley moved his arms under her blouse and around her back to release her bra so it hung free. In mid kiss, she moaned earthily as his hands moved forward and caressed her breasts gently and teasingly. He held them just enough for her to know he was there, but not enough for the sensation to overwhelm her. That would come later. He could feel her pelvis, with a leg on each side of one of his, pressing tightly against his thigh.

They broke that kiss and he bent to start kissing her neck again. As they moved, he helped her remove her various pieces of clothing, and each time more skin became visible he bent to pepper the area with gentle kisses while he hugged her tightly.

Once she was completely naked, he stepped back for a minute to drink in that vision again. “Tempe, you are so beautiful, my whole body hurts just looking at you. I am so lucky to have you with me.” he said with adoration and a slight groan.”

That brilliant smile lit up again as she said “I m so pleased you find me attractive.”

Seeley groaned again.

Tempe moved to him and undressed him in the same manner he had done for her. She gazed in awe at the muscles she gradually uncovered, kissing and licking, everywhere as she went. She didn’t even laugh at the butterfly, a simple smile followed by a tender kiss, and lick, then she was off to explore more of his body. When she was done, she stepped back too, to look at him completely. She couldn’t say anything, just stare hungrily as she looked him over.

Seeley could see the appreciation in her eyes and realized their appeal was mutual. He moved quickly and picked her up then carried her to the couch, laying her on her back. He knelt beside her and bent over then started randomly kissing and licking everything he saw.

When she could take it no more, moaning and writhing, Tempe said “Seeley, now please. Let’s be together now.”

Ever the gentleman, Seeley, acted on the lady’s request. He moved on to the couch, positioned over her and moved forward, giving both of them an explosion of euphoria beyond what they had expected. For a few minutes, neither one could move, they just lay there hugging each other tightly. Seeley began moving slowly and lovingly, but it wasn’t long before they were both lost in a race to their personal finish lines. Seeley forced himself to hold on as long as possible while enduring the most lovely of tortures. Tempe began to move and moan more deeply and he could feel her insides cratering about him.

Just as she reached her moment, Seeley, still holding himself back, pulled free and said “Bones.”

“Yes.”

“For you Bones. For you” he said as he watched her engulfed with the joy of it all.

She was still holding on to his hand and squeezed it tightly as the final pulsations flickered through her body. She opened her eyes and glinted a joyful “Thank you.”

He had waited five years to see that look on his Bones’ face and it was well worth it. He could have waited ten years if he had to.

Once Bones’ satisfaction was complete and she rested quietly Seeley said “Tempe.”

“Yes.”

“We have unfinished business, don’t we?”

“Oh yes!”

Seeley started again, this time it was for him and Tempe.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:32 am

Pat wrote:You have an incredible mastery of an alternate universe. I love this treatment of the B/B-Tempe/Seeley story! There is an author, JD Robb, who has also created a pair of characters who exist in an AU she has created 50 years in the future. Your consistency in voice and tone remind me of her. This is a great read!

Thanks for the wonderful comments! My keyboard is blushing at your comparisons. Now I'll have to run out to a bookstore and distract myself again. I'm glad you're enjoying the read. I have to admit it has been great fun twistiing the world to my vision, not HH's!

Very Happy

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Next...

(Part 21)

(Day 11)
Mr. Cullen’s Office
FBI Hoover Building

“Sir, may I speak with you for a few moments?” Temperance asked.

“Certainly, Dr. Brennan. What do you need?” He replied genially.

“Well, I was walking through the corridors earlier and heard a comment that reminded me of ones I have heard before. I want to ask you a question so I can be sure I have a clear answer.”

“What is your question?”

“Is Booth being held back, not promoted as he should be, because of me? Have my actions as his partner reflected badly on the promotion ratings he receives?”

“No, Dr. Brennan. Booth has consistently received the highest possible ratings, with ‘Promote Immediately’, marked prominently, ever since he first started working with you.”

“Then, Sir, I do not understand. Why has he not been promoted?” She arched her eyebrows.

He replied conspiratorially “Dr. Brennan, I am going to answer your question, but I have to swear you to absolute secrecy. You can not tell anyone what I am about to say, especially Booth. He must not know that you have learned this, or he may come kill me. However, based on your question, you deserve to know this so as to put any fears you have to rest. Do you understand?”

“Yes Sir.”

“I have offered promotions to Booth several times over the years. On each occasion he has reminded me of a discussion he and I had earlier.”

“What was that, Sir?”

“About four years ago, I think, yes that sounds right; you two had been working together for about six months when I first offered Booth a promotion. I spoke with him about it and explained what it meant; he would move up in to management, better pay and enhanced career opportunities. It also meant that instead of being your partner, he would manage a group of agents, one of which would be assigned as your new partner.”

“Oh.” Her eyes widened.

“Booth explained to me very carefully at that time, he had no interest in being management; he wanted to stay an active field agent. He was not at all concerned about better pay as he already made more than enough money to meet his needs and those of his son. He was also very clear that he did not care about career enhancement opportunities as he had solidly decided by then that his career objective is maintaining the partnership he has with you.

“Oh my.”

“Booth stipulated that so long as the FBI supports and enhances that partnership, he will do the best possible job he can for us. He also added that if the FBI impedes that partnership by promoting him away from it or transferring him elsewhere, then he would resign from the agency immediately. He would then take whatever job he could find, perhaps patrolman in a local police department, or security guard or janitor at the Jeffersonian, that allowed him to maintain that partnership.”

“I... I do not know what to say...” She felt confused but suddenly very warm inside.

“You needn’t say anything.”

“Surely, that is quite awhile ago. He may well feel differently now...”

“Dr. Brennan, I raised this issue with him not more than a month ago, because I also heard comments in the hallways. He was just as adamant then as before. Booth has already closed the conversation on this issue and will not hear of any further discussion. I have not told anyone else about this, but I have documented it on his formal proficiency review paperwork so there is a record of this situation.”

Temperance began to smile slightly and said “Mr. Cullen, thank you very much for telling me this. It relieves a lot of stress I was beginning to feel that I might be hindering Booth in his profession.”

“Dr. Brennan, rather than being a hindrance, you are Booth’s inspiration, enabling him to perform amazing feats in a dark and dangerous criminal world. Before he paired with you, Booth was an angry loner, very efficient but barely sociable. Now he is a very happy and valuable member of the bureau with a penchant for the adventurous cases. It is obvious to me and the other seniors around, that Booth was right all along while we were wrong.”

“Mr. Cullen, while I am here, may I ask another question?”

“Certainly.”

“Is there a line?”

“A line? I’m not sure what you mean.” He looked quizzical.

“It is my impression that there is a metaphorical line between two partners advancing their situation to a more serious relationship and if they cross that line the partners will be separated.”

Oh, that line. Dr. Brennan, I will have to give you two answers: there is a line and there isn’t a line.”

“I do not understand your answer.” She arched her eyebrows again.

“As a government bureaucrat, I’m afraid there has to be a little confusion involved. Let me speak to the general, more legal requirement first. As an example let’s use a work area, say an office like across the hall from here, where there are five employees and one supervisor. The supervisor writes efficiency reports on each of the employees and then those reports come to me for my signature as the next level of review. Now, let’s suppose the supervisor and one of the employees have an open relationship and they are dating, engaged or married. In that case, the supervisor could not direct or rate the employee with whom he has the relationship. The employee would have to be officially assigned to a different supervisor, but could work as an integree in that same office, although not working directly for the relative supervisor.”

“Logically that makes sense but it sounds very convoluted.”

“Yes, it can be problematic at times. This affects you and Booth at the moment, because he is the senior FBI person in your partnership and has to provide efficiency ratings on your performance. If you two advance your relationship, then he cannot do that. Someone else would have to rate both of you on an equal level.”

“Who would do that?”

“I would. Additionally, we would not normally pair people who have recently entered in to a relationship or are new to the bureau.”

“Mr. Cullen, you have explained the official requirements. I need to know more clearly, if Booth and I evolve our partnership to a more personal level, will you separate us as partners?”

“No Dr. Brennan. Given Booth’s previous statement, your effectiveness as a partnership, and the impact you have had on the bureau overall; I cannot foresee any situation where we would attempt to separate you as partners.”

Her face lit up happily. “Thank you Sir. That makes it much easier for me to reflect on decisions concerning my future.”

“Dr. Brennan, if you and Booth do decide to change the status of your relationship, please come to me together and tell me immediately. I will need to ensure that the paperwork formalities are in order and I want to be among the first to congratulate you both properly.” He smiled widely.

“Mr. Cullen, would it be inappropriate for me to give you a ‘guy’ hug?”

“I would be honored, Dr. Brennan.”

Temperance skipped lightly towards the door and looked back over her shoulder with a joyous grin as she said “Sir, your secret is safe with me!”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:17 am

Next...

(Part 22)

(Day 14)
Dr. Brennan’s Office
Jeffersonian Institution

Angela was standing in the middle of the lab when her cell phone rang.

“Angie here.”

“Angie, it’s Booth. Is Bones there?”

“Don’t think so. I was just looking for her but I haven’t seen her anywhere.”

“Have you checked her office yet? She wasn’t at her apartment and I haven’t seen her anywhere today.”

“Booth, I’m looking at her office from here but I don’t see her.”

“Go in the office and make sure she isn’t asleep on the couch.”

“OK. Just a minute... ...no Booth, she’s not on the couch. She’s not in here.”

“Well, where could she be that none of us have seen her?”

“Booth, there’s an envelope on her desk next to her computer. It is addressed to you.”

“Open it Angie. What’s in it?”

“It is just a handwritten note that says ‘I have to go. I am safe. Bones’ That’s it.”

“Alright. I’ll be there in about 10 minutes. Have everybody in Cam’s office then.”

Booth made it to the Jeffersonian in seven minutes and went in to Cam’s office.

“Does anyone know what is going on with Bones? Is she having problems here or has she just gone for her own reasons we don’t yet know?”

No one answered.

“Angie, are you sure the handwriting is hers and not a forgery?”

“It looks good to me, just like many other notes I seen her write here.”

Booth added “I dropped her off at her apartment last night after we were at Founding Fathers. Did anyone see her after that time or early this morning?”

Again no answers.

Booth looked at Cam and said “Please check with the security detail if they have any answers. Did anyone see her? Are there any images on security cameras? Whatever. Anything you can find.”

He added “Angie, please check through her computer accounts and email. See if there is anything that tells us why she left and where she went.”

“Booth, is there anything I can do?” Jack said.

“Yes, do a forensic search of her office and the lab area just to make sure that someone didn’t come in and kidnap her. See if anything looks out of order or suspicious.”

Booth then said to all of them “I am going back to the Hoover Building to try tracking her movements. Until we know for sure that this is her own choice, we have to assume the worst.”

-----------------------------------

(Several hours later at the Hoover Building)

Booth picked up the phone and called Cam. “Have you found anything either way, Cam? Did she go of her own free will or was there more here?”

“Booth, we don’t see any indications of a criminal event here. Jack checked the lab and her office closely with no results. Angie has been perusing Brennan’s email and computer with nothing standing out so far. I checked with the security office and there is no indication that she has ever been in the Jeffersonian since she left with you last night. There aren’t any security camera images of her and no one saw her.”

“Well, that’s great, then; at least we don’t have to worry about that. Then she must have left that note just before we went to Founding Fathers last night. I didn’t notice anything peculiar in her behavior there. Did you?”

“Booth, I didn’t, but you are the expert there. She often says or does things that are just a bit off the margin, so I’m not always sure if she has an issue or not.”

“Yes, I know, Cam. That’s one of the things I like about her; she can be so refreshing in her views and approach to life, but at times I am still a few steps behind trying to understand the message clearly.”

“Booth, have any of your guys been able to track her movements?”

“No, I haven’t found anything yet. It doesn’t look like she has used her passport and there hasn’t been any air travel we can see. I did find the cabbie who took her to the airport so I do think she is traveling by air.”

“Booth, I hate to ask this but have there been any personal issues or problems between you and her?”

“Cam, she and I had some discussions a few weeks ago, but I don’t think they were the kind of thing that would make her do this now. If she was going to react to those discussions, I think she would have done so then instead of waiting.”

“May I ask what they were about?”

“Not at the moment, please, Cam. We can discuss them at a later time once Bones is found.”

“OK. I’m here if you need to discuss anything.”

“Thanks Cam. You know I appreciate the offer. I’ll check in again later.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:20 am

Next...

(Part 23)

(Day 14)
Booth’s Office
Hoover Building

After Cam hung up, Booth dialed a special number on his cell phone. The opposite end rang a couple times and a voice answered “Bones To Go, may I help you?”

Booth snickered and said “Seeley Loves Tempe.”

There was a gasp of joy and the response “Tempe Loves Seeley.”

“Bones! How is your trip so far?”

“It is good Booth. Thank you so much for helping me with this.”

“Did you enjoy playing the nefarious traveler?”

“I really did, although I hate to admit it so readily. Thank you for planning the whole route because I would have been too confused trying to follow it otherwise.”

“I’m only sorry I couldn’t run with you - some of it looks like fun.”

“Booth, I want to sincerely say, I can’t thank you enough for helping me like this. No matter where I am normally, eventually it gets to me like I described before. In the past this has always been a nerve-wracking experience for me because I don’t plan these kinds of things very well. My trips were always frustrating. I would be worried about what I had done to the people left behind and when I arrived at my destination it took me weeks to recover from the stress. This trip there has been no real stress and I actually enjoyed most of the traveling - the first time in years. I don’t know what to say but thank you.”

“Bones, if I was able to help you make the trip one you could enjoy then I am very glad to have done so. I have an idea for future trips that may be useful, if you are willing to share a small portion of Bones/Bren with some people.”

“What do you have in mind, Booth?”

“I would like to share this aspect of your life, that you do have to do this occasionally, with Angela, Jack and Cam.”

“To what end, Booth?”

“Angela suffers from this because you are so important to her and you disappear, leaving her uncertain as to your situation. Jack suffers because Angela does and Cam worries that things might get out of control. If we bring them in to this part of your life, they can be sure you are safe and if they want to, they might even help in the planning and execution. We could look at it as a sort of the Jeffersonian Staff against the world to see if we can hide Dr. Brennan where no one can find her. You know Jack would be excited to take part in a real conspiracy!”

A glorious throaty laugh broke out from the other end “Yes, I bet he would. Booth, I am sorry if Angela is suffering. Please see what you can do to lift that from her. Yes, your idea has merit. We should discuss it when I return to the Jeffersonian.”

“Do you have any idea on how long you will be staying this time?”

“Hopefully, only a few weeks at most. The trip was so stress free for me I don’t need a lot of time for recovery.”

“Bones, now that we know they will not separate us as partners, how do you think we should move forward with a relationship for Booth and Bones?”

“Well, there are certain people we have to tell, again Cam, Jack, Angela and Mr. Cullen. I think all of them would feel slighted if we told others at the same time. I propose we tell the four of them and ask that they honor 30 or 60 days of secrecy for us to adapt to the new relationship.“

“Yes, that might be good.”

“Booth, what about Parker? Is he still angry with me?”

“I don’t think it is so much angry as disappointed.”

“How do you want to tell him that he is getting what he asked for and when?”

“I’m not sure yet. Let me think about it for awhile, Bones.”

“Okay. I leave that entirely to your discretion.”

“Thanks.”

“Booth, will you call me tomorrow, too.?”

“Yes Bones. I will try to call every day while you are gone.”

“That would be wonderful. I will await your calls.”

“Bones.”

“Yes, Booth.”

“Seeley loves Tempe.”

“Another gasp of joy and “Tempe loves Seeley.”

“Bye Bones.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 am

Next...

(Part 24)

(Day 17)
Booth’s Office
Hoover Building

The cell phone rang and was answered by “Brennan, Have Bones Will Travel!”

“It sounds like you are having too much fun with all this but Seeley loves Tempe anyway.” Booth said.

There was a gush of joy from the other end and Temperance said “You have only yourself to blame for that. On any other trip I would still be a nervous wreck by now. I might even think about doing something relaxing like soaking in a hot tub.”

“I didn’t realize they have hot tubs where you are.”

”They don’t, but I was going to think about sharing one with you anyway.”

“Uh oh. Now you’re giving me ideas. It’s a good thing there is a cold shower in the FBI gym.”

“Oh yes. Now there is an image to brighten my day.”

“Bones, speaking of images, how are your nightmares?”

“”The one about Pam Noonan has disappeared almost completely. I attribute that to the fact that Tempe is now confident no one will ever take Seeley from her. The others have been reduced very much in quantity and intensity, so I think this is helping a lot.”

“Good, I’m glad things are working out for you.”

“Booth, thanks for helping me so much like this. I am very grateful for this trip and so sorry for all of the other ones.”

“Bones, I don’t understand what you mean.”

“Last night while I was trying to get to sleep, I was reviewing our years together and the various places we went. There were so many wonderful things we could have done, and experiences we could have had but missed out on because we were only partners. I am so sorry it took me so long to realize what was standing right in front of me all the time.”

“Don’t blame yourself. I showed an amazing lack of backbone, for a supposedly heroic combat veteran, in asking you a few simple questions that would have clarified everything for both of us. What kind of FBI interrogator was I if the truth was kicking me in the shins and I didn’t notice it. It still amazes me how daunting a task I found it to be, asking how you felt about me. Let’s not get in to a lot of self pity over this. We can play that to our advantage in the future. We now know many interesting places to go and how we can get the most fun out of them. How do you think Inspector Pritchard would like a week-long visit by Roxie and Tony?”

“Yes! That would be fun. Or perhaps we could go back to the circus and rock that trailer for real!”

“Bones, you seem to be developing a one-track mind now. Have I created a monster by releasing the inner Tempe?”

“Yes you have! You are going to spend a lot of evenings holding her off or she will consume you.” Temperance said in a low seductive voice.

“It seems my work is never done. I’ll just have to buck up and face that monster head on.” he snickered.

“Ooh. That sounds like a challenge to me.” she laughed lightly.”

“On another issue, I am having some problems with Parker now. He thinks the reason you left is because of the things he said to you at the Jeffersonian. He is pretty tore up and thinks he is responsible for our not being together.”

“But that is not true. You know that, right?”

“Yes, I know. I have told him many times that it is not his fault. He will not believe it until you tell him personally.”

“Would you like me to call him on the cell phone?”

Thanks Bones, but I don’t think that will work well enough. He’s like me needs to be able to grab a hold of you and look you in the eyes while you communicate. I think FBI Agent Extraordinaire Booth is going to have to track the wily and elusive Bones to her lair. I’ll bring Parker with me and then we can come back together.”

“Alright. I will prepare myself for being captured by the dastardly Booth.” She laughed.

“Don’t you mean rescued by the dashing Booth?”

“That depends. If we can’t find someplace for Parker to go play on his own, then the wily Bones will resist her captor at every turn. If we can, then the grateful maiden will bestow upon her rescuer every gift that comes to mind.” She whispered slowly.

“And that is why Seeley loves Tempe.”

There was a gush of joy from the other end.

“Bye Bones.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:13 am

Next....

(Part 25)

(Day 20)
Booth’s Office
Hoover Building

Continuing his charade, Booth got up from his desk and wandered over to the break area and got a new cup of coffee. He was looking at the coffee, reflecting on life in general when his cell phone rang.

‘Booth..”

“Hey, it’s Angie. Are you at your computer?”

“No, but I can be there in a minute or so.”

“Take a look now. We all just received an email from Bren.”

“Booth went to his chair to read the email. He opened it and it said:

---------
Booth/Cam/Angie/Jack

I apologize for my sudden departure which may have been disconcerting for all of you. My exit had nothing to do with anything concerning any of you.

Booth, in particular, I want to assure you that it does not have anything to do with our personal relationship. To be as succinct as I can, I am not running from ‘you’ and I will return to ‘you’ at some time.

The primary reason for my departure is I need to have some solitude in order to address some personal issues. I am safe and you do not need to worry about me.

Bones
------------

“Angie!”

“Yes.”

“I just read the email. Do you have any idea where she sent it from?”

“Way ahead of you big guy. I checked all the routing data and the email was sent from an internet cafe in Warsaw, Poland.”

“Poland? How could she be in Poland without using her passport?”

“Well, Booth, there are a couple ways she could have done this. She could be in Poland traveling on a fake passport, but I don’t see her being that devious. She could have given the email to someone who was traveling and had them send it. She could have hacked computer systems to move it through the various servers, but I’ve never known her to be that computer savvy. She could be with other people, among whom is someone tech savvy enough to do it for her. Take your choice!”

“Thanks Angie! At least we have something to start with now. I’ll talk to you later.”

----------------

(A day later at the Hoover Building)

Booth picked up his cell phone and dialed.

“Angie here.”

“It’s Booth. Have you heard anything more from Bones?”

“No, not a thing.”

“Angie, we may have something about her movements. If what I see is correct then we need to give her slightly higher marks for being devious.”

“What do you mean?”

“It looks like Temperance Brennan took a cab out to the airport. Shortly after that, a woman having the same name as one of the victims in Bones’ last book took a cab from the airport to the train station in DC. She took the commuter train to New York and then caught a flight to Seattle. Next she flew from there to Tucson. I am still trying to track her after that because the person using that name disappears at that point.”

“Good grief! How did she come up with that? Even more importantly, how did you figure it out?”

“Angie, I would like to say it was great FBI investigative work. However, one of the female agents happened to still be reading the book and thought the name on the list looked familiar.”

“Booth, which do you think is more significant, the fact her route is so erratic, or the fact she traveled under a name that you guys in the FBI would probably figure out?”

“I know Angie. It almost seems like she is trying to lose us completely but at the same time make sure we can find her if something happens. Well, I’m going to go back and see if we can find out what happened after Tucson. Talk to you later.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 am

Next....

(Part 26)

(Day 27)
Cowboy Wash Dig Site
Near Towaoc, CO

Temperance was resting in a chair after a long, but invigorating morning digging for ancient bones. This was what she trained for and here is where she did her best work. She had heard runners and other athletes talk of the high they reach after a certain point. This did that for her. After a while of solid concentration, her whole body felt refreshed rather than exhausted. She tipped her head back and took a drink from some cold bottled water. It felt like her body sucked it all right in and then immediately threw it back out as perspiration. While she was looking up, she noticed one of the daily supply flights was overhead on its way to the Cortez Municipal Airport. Temperance tilted her head again and absorbed some more water. On her third swig she heard a rumbling explosion and turned towards the sound. She could see the plume of smoke on the horizon in the direction of the town.

Someone nearby yelled “The plane crashed!” The twenty or so workers rushed to get a better view, but Temperance stayed seated and finished her water. She had already seen her share of crashes like this and wasn’t in a hurry to do so again.

About thirty minutes later, the dig site received a call from the airfield asking for help in recovering the bodies and luggage. There were only a few medical people at the field and they were swamped with the number of casualties.

At The Crash Site

The destruction of the aircraft had been nearly complete. The explosion and resultant fires had destroyed everyone and nearly every thing. The whole scene was oppressive with heat and noxious fumes shuffling in random directions. Flashing lights, sirens and clanking tools made it unbearable for Temperance to be near the recovery of the bodies. She walked around the area, surveying it for any indications on the ground as to why this happened. The airfield tower personnel said that, although the approach was low everything seemed normal. There weren’t any indications of mechanical problems but the pilot complained of bird flocks just before they flew straight into the ground far short of the runway.

She could see the bodies being recovered and the once curious workers were now retching and trying to walk with some sense of balance. Temperance had made sure, at the beginning of the recovery, to identify herself to the medical and police authorities who were glad to have her help. She gave them strict guidelines and directions on how all of the materials and bodies should best be recovered to ensure any possible evidence for later findings. Smartly, they took her guidance and followed it exactly as she stated it.

She watched them for a few minutes and thought “Not too bad. I wouldn’t mind having some of them working at the Jeffersonian.”

Standing back and looking at the destruction area, it was pretty much centered. That seemed to indicate the plane suddenly dove and nosed in rather than simply landed too early which would have spread the damage more linearly. The various aviation and transportation agencies would plumb those depths and identify the likely cause of the crash.

Temperance walked over towards the holding area where all of the personal items were gathered to see if there was any obvious evidence of explosives or other criminal activities. She spent a few minutes pawing through various items with bent, burnt and torn shapes. Nothing seemed to indicate damage out of the ordinary although she
noticed a few items seemed to have excessive burning. She flipped them over and rearranged them a couple times then suddenly called Angela.

“Sweetie! Where have you been? Why haven’t you talked to me?”

“Angie, I’m sorry, I will explain all later. Can you check on something for me please?”

“Of course. What do you need?”

“Can you get Booth, please?”

“I’m sorry sweetie, he and Parker left yesterday looking for you.”

“Oh.” She looked down and collapsed as she read the word: ‘Cocky’

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:20 am

Next...

(Part 27)

(Day 29)
Hospital Near Crash Site
Cortez, CO

Angela was speaking with one of the doctors tending for Temperance. She and Jack had grabbed the Caliver Corporate jet and rushed out to see Temperance.

Angela spoke softly, on the verge of crying again. “Doctor, I just don’t understand. What is wrong with her?

“As far as we can tell, nothing medically. There are no identifiable injuries or illnesses. She just seems to have lost the will to live.”

“But how could she go from being a healthy young woman to on death’s door looking twice her age.”

“Miss, we can not explain it at all. The human body still surprises us with what it can do and how it reacts to given situations.”

“How long do you think she has? Angela gulped out.

“If her rate of decline stays the same, at most, four or five days.”

“What! Four or five days. How can that be possible?”

“We don’t know, but that is what is happening with her body.” The doctors then left Angela and Jack together just outside Temperance’s room.

“Jack, I’m really scared. I can understand that losing Booth and Parker would hit her hard. I would expect catatonic or stares and the like, but dying? I don’t understand it!”

“Neither do I, Angie. This is so out of my understanding. We all know how much she loved both of them, but I can’t see a scientific answer to this.”

“What do we do, Jack? I’m at such a loss, here. I don’t know what to say or do. When I look at her it rips my heart to shreds because she looks almost like my grandmother but with out the wrinkles.”

“Angie, what was that she was quietly ranting when we first came in? Could you understand it?”

“It took a bit but yeah. It was ‘Seeley lost. No Seeley, no love. No love, no life.’ and then she just kept repeating it.”

“It sorta makes sense because of Booth but I do’t understand how it all fits together giving us her in a sick bed on death’s door.”

“Jack, I just don’t know if I can sit through this for four days watching her go. I just don’t think I have that strong a spirit.” She started crying again.

He hugged her and said “We’ll get through it together. It may be the most difficult four days of our lives, but we will get through it.”

Angela looked in to his eyes with her tears streaming and nodded a slow ‘Yes.’

They stood together for a long time before finally summoning the courage to go back in to Temperance’s room. She was lying under the covers with both arms extended on top of them. Her head rested against the headboard and she stared straight forward with no emotion showing on her face. Her cheeks and eyes were sunken and dark while the skin was pale as if there was no blood flowing at all. All of her muscles looked as if they had just sagged into place rather than supported anything of substance.

Angela moved a chair and sat next to the bed, taking Temperance’s hand as she did so. There was no resistance in the hand at all. Angela squeezed it and felt only the faintest of touches back signaling recognition. Jack stood directly behind Angela with his hands on her shoulders to give her support.

Angela spoke in a cracked and teary voice “Oh sweetie, what is happening? I don’t understand this at all.”

Temperance slowly angled her head towards Angela and looked at her with eyes vacant of any emotion. She held the position for a few seconds and with a huge heartfelt sigh croaked out ”I have lost Seeley. I cannot live without him. Without him, I have no love. Without love I cannot carry on.”

Angela was taken aback by the total sense of loss pummeling her from Temperance’s eyes as she made that statement. She stumbled for a short while before she could bring herself to whimper “Bren, please at least try. You know Booth wouldn’t want you to give up like this. I just can’t bear to lose you too!” The she broke down completely and couldn’t do anything but cry mournfully for a long time.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

You're breaking my heart here. Please, what is next? This is so real to me.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:30 am

Pat wrote:You're breaking my heart here. Please, what is next? This is so real to me.

Thanks for your emotional support here! You know how calls to the wrong number can be irritating, right? Sometimes, it can be a good thing.....

bowdown

Last edited by AMarty on Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 am

Next...

(Part 28)

(Day 29)
Hospital Near Crash Site
Cortez, CO

Angela still sat next to Temperance. She was exhausted from crying but trying to keep the connection between them. Holding her friend’s hand, Angela carried on a low conversation with Temperance, just as if they were back at the Jeffersonian. Although there was no visible response from Temperance, Angela could feel, in her hand, the light tingles that signaled Temperance’s gratitude.

While Angela sat with Temperance, Jack sat over on the couch reading some magazines, trying to distract himself. Suddenly, a cell phone began ringing. Jack realized it wasn’t his and looked at Angela quizzically. She shook her head ‘No’ and pointed at Temperance’s phone on the desk with her other personal items.

He picked it up and answered it “Dr. Brennan’s phone, Jack here.”

Cam said “Oh Jack, did I dial the wrong number? I thought I was calling your phone. I didn’t want to disturb Brennan but we haven’t heard much about the situation.?”

“Hold, on.” he said as he stepped out of the room so he could talk more openly. “...Okay, now is good. The situation is pretty bad. The doctors told us that there are no medical reasons for it, no injuries or illnesses, yet she is apparently dying before our eyes and physically she looks like that. They said she has apparently lost the will to live and only has about five days left at this rate of decline.”

“Omigod! We had no idea it is so bad. Does anyone have ideas on how to address this? “

“No, the medical staff all look at us with glazed eyes. They don’t have any idea what is causing this. Angela asked Brennan what was happening and got an answer to the effect that because she lost Booth, she has no love and can’t live without it. I’m in a total quandary here as it is way outside of my understanding. Even with my appreciation for conspiracies, I’m lost here.”

“Okay, Jack. Thanks for letting me know. If you need anything from us, call immediately no matter time of day. Alright? Give my best to Angela and Brennan.”

“Thanks, Cam. We’ll keep in touch. Bye.”

Jack started to close the cell phone but noticed something and carried it back in to the room to Temperance. He stood next to her on the bed and asked “Temperance, can you hear me?”

She turned her head towards him and nodded.

He said “You have four text messages on your telephone that haven’t been read yet. Would you like me to read them to you? I don’t understand what they mean, but I can read the letters to you.”

She nodded slowly while looking at him slightly vacantly.

Jack said “The first two are the same message sent twice, about a couple days ago. They say bns pkr pse cme hme.”

She choked out slowly “...from Parker asking me to come home.” Her eyes began to tear again.

He continued “The next one was sent yesterday and says bns pkr hlp dde hrt.”

Her eyes lit up with a question mark “What? Are you sure? But that is after the crash. That is from Parker saying ‘Help, Daddy is hurt.’ What does the fourth one say?”

“It was sent about ten hours ago and says tpe sly lve.”

She put out her hand quickly and said “Please give me the phone.”

Temperance looked at the phone and read the message. In her weakened state, she was not able to restrain herself and Tempe slipped out joyously saying “Seeley lives! Seeley lives! I must go to him!”

Jack and Angela were stunned by what was before them. It could only be described as the most beautiful, rapturously joyful, and radiant corpse they had ever seen.

Temperance regained her control and Bren reappeared for Angela. “Angie, Jack, I have to leave here. Please get out of my way.”

“Sweetie, you know we will help you in any way we can, but you can’t leave yet.”

“Why not, Angie. You are not going to stop me, I am going.”

“Bren, you need to put on some clothes first.” Angela smiled lovingly.

“Oh.”

“Sweetie, Jack is going to step out in to the hall way and then you and I are going in to the bathroom so you can shower and get cleaned up. After that I will help you fix your clothes and makeup. If we are going to blow this joint, you need to look classy when we do it.”

“Blow, Angie. I don’t want to blow up anything, I just want to leave.”

Temperance kept opening the phone to read Seeley’s message and then closing it again. Each time she did so seemed to improve her health and her outlook moderately. By the time they were ready to leave, she was able to walk out past the doctors and they did not even recognize her as their patient. She waved and smiled generously as she walked past them headed for the door.

Once outside, Angela asked “Jack, now that we are free, where do we start looking for Booth and Parker?”

“Well, the last place we know they had to be is at the terminal the crashed flight departed from, since their luggage was on board. Let’s go there first.”

Temperance and Angela both agreed.

Angela whispered to Temperance “Sweetie. I don’t know what happened in that hospital room, but there is no way I am ever going to let you escape telling me the truth. I just cannot take this kind of emotional stress more than once in my life.”

Temperance quietly replied “I know. I will tell you, but please do not worry about it right now. Once we are all safe and back at the Jeffersonian, I will confide in you.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:41 am

Next...

(Part 29)

(Day 29)
Departure Terminal
Denver International Airport

The three of them stepped inside the small terminal. There was a counter and seating area off to the right, while directly opposite their entrance was another door that led out onto the airfield. Two people, ticket agents, one man and one woman, both in their 30’s, were working at the counter. No one else was in the small building at the moment. With Jack in the lead, they walked towards the man at the counter since he was the closer of the two.

As they approached the counter, Angela looked at Temperance and said “Sweetie, hang back here a little bit with me and let Jack ask all the questions. This is probably not a good time for you to be asking questions. Can we do that, please?”

Temperance tilted her head towards Angela, looking through her tears, and nodded a silent “Yes.”

Jack approached the ticket agent and said “Good morning. We are working with the team investigating the crash of flight 6009 at the crash site. Were you working here the day of the crash.?”

“No..” he replied. “...but Sandra, over there, was.”

Jack asked the man “Can you tell me exactly how many souls were on that flight?”

“Let me take a look. Yes, there were 19 tickets sold for that flight plus the three crew members makes 22 souls.”

Jack replied “We have only recovered 20 bodies at the crash site.”

The agent looked quizzically and said “That doesn’t make sense.” He turned to the woman and said “Sandra, could you come here a moment, please?”

“Yes, could I help you?” Sandra said as she walked to the counter.

The male agent said “Sandra, it looks like there is some kind of disconnect concerning the crash of flight 6009. These people are involved in the investigation of the accident at the crash site and they say they have only recovered 20 bodies. Counting the passengers and crew, there should have ben 22 souls on board. Do you know why we have that discrepancy?”

Sandra started to say ‘No, wait... Oh! It must have been that poor man.”

“What poor man?” Jack asked.

Sandra said “There was a big handsome guy came to the counter, had a little boy with him.”

Angela felt Temperance suddenly grab her hand at her side and hold on to it tightly as she moved a little closer for physical support.

Sandra continued “The man looked like he hadn’t slept in weeks and the boy looked like he had just finished crying. They went aboard the aircraft and took their seats normally. I was on the aircraft to check some flight information with the pilot. The little boy suddenly began crying again and then became hysterical, shouting and screaming. He kept crying and shouting, wouldn’t calm down at all. The man finally got up and picked up his son then carried him off of the plane. I heard him tell the stewardess that he couldn’t continue on the flight with his son so distraught. He also told her not to worry about their luggage, they would pick it up at the destination airport later on.”

Jack said “You mentioned the little boy was shouting and screaming. Could you understand what he was saying?”

“Yes, some of it, sort of. It didn’t seem to make much sense. He kept saying things like ‘I lost our bones, daddy! I chased your smile away! What if we can’t bring our bones back?’ and then repeated them again randomly.”

Angela could feel Temperance shaking trying to hold herself steady and hear the choking in her throat as she tried to hold back any kind of an outburst.

“Did you see what happened to them after they left the airplane?” Jack asked quietly.

“Somewhat. When I came back into the terminal, they were over on the bench near the door, there. The man was sitting on the bench with the little boy lying on his back in the man’s lap. The little boy looked pretty weak,perhaps exhausted from his crying. The man was bent over him, looked like he was crying now. I went over to offer him some coffee or maybe juice for the little boy. The man kept repeating to the boy ‘It wasn’t your fault. We will find our Bones.’ I don’t think i’ve ever seen two people who looked so defeated in life. I had to come over to the counter because a customer came in and when I looked back in that direction, they were gone.”

Angela turned around and walked Temperance out of the building and around the corner into a more secluded space. She could feel Temperance was barely holding herself together and might collapse soon. Jack followed them after a few congenial terms of thanks and appreciation for the information as he exited.

“Sweetie, are you OK? Can you keep it together?”

“Oh Angie. ...H ...Ho ...How could it have come to this? I nev... ...never intended for something like this... ...to happen.” she stumbled while her tears began flowing.

Angela moved to put her arm around Temperance from one side while Jack moved to do the same from the other side. Jack and Angela then put their open arms around each other, with everyone facing inward in a private little circle of support.

“Bren, one of your most endearing features is that you are often totally unaware of the impact you have on other people. Sometimes that is good, like when at a bar and all the guys are trying to hit on you. Other times it is not so good; this is one of those times.”

“What do you mean, Angie?”

“You have the ability to compartmentalize the various aspects of your life. Most people don’t have that, particularly young children. You left for whatever valid reasons you have, but didn’t let the right people know enough. Everyone left behind has had to jump to their own conclusions, including Parker assuming it was because of him.”

“But Angie, you know that’s not true about Parker.” Temperance stumbled while crying.

“Yes, now we know, but none of us really knew at the time you left. Obviously not Parker.”

“What can I do about it now?” she asked weakly.

“Sweetie, first we have to find them, then you need to do some serious fence mending.”

“Fences, I don’t understand, how will fences help?”

“Bren, don’t worry about that right now, we’ll take care of that when the time comes. I think it might be good if you took some time to let those emotions of yours through right now and cried out some of that pain while Jack and I look into each others eyes. Would you like to do that?”

“Yes, I would like to do that... thank you” she choked and then began to sob , crying for quite awhile while Jack and Angela held her tightly.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:48 am

Thank you! It was like having a black cloud over my head. I could really feel her pain! Very effective characterization.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:14 am

Next ...

(Part 30)

(Day 29)
Diner and Cafe

Temperance, Angela and Jack sat at a table drinking some coffee and discussing the next move.

Jack said “Before we do anything, we should let Cam know what the situation is so she won’t have to worry anymore.”

“Yes, absolutely” Angela added and Temperance agreed.

He picked up the cell phone and placed the call. It took several rings before she answered “Cam here.”

“Cam, it’s Jack.”

Her voice became very somber as she said “Jack, has something happened?”

“Well, yes Cam. Are you sitting down?”

“Oh Jack, don’t tell me she...”

“No, no Cam. This is good news but you still need to be sitting down.”

“What? What is it?”

“Dr. Brennan is doing fine and has almost fully recovered. She is sitting with us now and I will let you talk with her in a moment. We think that Booth and Parker are also both alive, apparently they were not on the plane when it took off. We have to try and find them now because we got some help messages on Dr. Brennan’s phone. Cam... Cam... Cam... are you there?” All he could hear was crying in the background.

She finally pulled herself together and said “That’s so wonderful! Jack, thank you for calling and telling me this. Could I speak to Dr. Brennan please?”

“Of course.” as he handed the phone to Temperance.

“Brennan.”

Cam in a teary voice said “Dr. Bren... Temperance, I’m so glad to hear of your recovery and about Booth and Parker. Please take care of yourself. We all love you back here and couldn’t bear to lose you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help in your search for Booth and Parker.”

“Cam, thank you for the kind words. I assure you I feel the same way about everyone back there too. We are looking at our options right now and we will keep you informed as to our progress.”

The conversation became more Jeffersonian-family oriented as they passed the phone amongst themselves; each to talk with Cam in a more light hearted manner about a variety of subjects. Jack hung up the phone several minutes later.

Angela said “Okay, where do we start? What do you think they did after leaving the terminal?”

Jack began “Well, I don’t think he would have tried to take a later plane given the problem with Parker. There may be train or bus services between the two destinations, but that seems just as bad as a plane with Parker acting up. If they had some kind of trouble on either one of those, we should have heard something on the news. I would guess, that leaves a rental car of some kind so he could drive and keep Parker with him.”

“Yes, that makes sense.” Temperance said. “He almost always prefers to drive when he can.”

“Okay, let’s go check some rental agencies and see what we can find.” He replied.

They got a hit at the fourth place they tried as the man at the counter said “Oh yes, tall guy with a young boy. They were here a few days ago.”

“Did he rent a car?” Temperance asked.

“Yes. Actually it was an SUV.”

Temperance asked “Did he say which route he was going to take to get to Cortez?”

“No. He just took off.”

“Did he say whether he planned to turn the vehicle in at Cortez or back here?”

“He’s due to turn it in at Cortez in a couple days. I got the impression he planned to pick up someone out there and fly back here.”

Jack asked “Is it alright if we take a couple of these maps with us?”

“Sure. Take whatever you need.”

“Thanks.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:17 am

Next ...

(Part 31)

(Day 29)
Diner and Cafe

The three of them had returned to the diner and were sitting looking at the maps.

“Which route do you think he probably took?” Jack asked.

Angela started “Well, we know he planned to pick up his luggage, so he might have gone to the airport first and then to the dig site.”

“Well, the fact he has an SUV doesn’t tell us much because he would need it for approaching the dig site from either direction.” Temperance added.

Jack said “I think I know which one. Since he has Parker in tow, and is trying to unite him with Temperance, I bet he took the fastest route he saw, Interstate 70 West and headed south. He would probably worry about the luggage afterwards.”

“Yes, that makes sense.’’ Temperance said.

Angela asked her “Have you been able to reach his cell phone at all?”

“I have been trying all day. It rings but he doesn’t pick up. He might have it set to vibrate instead of ring and isn’t close enough to it. He often leaves it that way.”

Jack exploded “His cell phone! Of course.”

“What? What do you mean?” Angela asked.

He cut her off with a wave of his hand as he called Cam.

“Cam.”

“It’s Jack. Cam, you can help us find Booth and Parker!”

“How?”

“Booth’s cell phone is still operating but he is not answering it for some reason. The phone should be putting out a GPS signal for 911 emergency use. Check with the FBI or whatever local authorities are necessary to locate that signal.”

“Yes, Jack. We’ll get on it right now. I’ll be in touch.”

Jack hung up the phone and looked at Temperance and Angela as he said “Keep your fingers crossed this works.”

They tried to make small talk, but couldn’t. The wait dragged on painfully. it may have been less than an hour, but it seemed like an entire day, before Cam called back.

“Jack. Yes, we got a hit. The signal is weak but there is one. I sent you a text message with the map coordinates on it. Please let us know the results as soon as possible.”

“Thanks Cam. We’ll be in touch. Bye.”

Angela and Temperance had already started hugging each other so Jack joined in.

After a couple minutes of jubilation, they took stock of the situation.

Jack said “Looking at the location on the map, that is a drive of several hours by road. It shouldn’t be more than about twenty minutes by helicopter, especially since we would be flying directly there instead of following their path.

Angela asked “Jack, why don’t we just call 911 and get one of the government rescue helicopters?”

“Because they will probably just fly directly to the location without letting us get on board. It seems from what we saw at the hospital, the important thing is to reunite Temperance and Booth. If we don’t have any other choice, then we will have to fall back on that, but we don’t want to send an emergency chopper to the wrong location if we are wrong. The best thing, I think, is to reach them and put Temperance down with them. If there are injuries, then we can call the emergency chopper with confidence and I doubt there is any way that crew will be able to separate Booth, Temperance and Parker.”

Temperance replied “Yes Jack. I must go to Seeley. So, where can we rent a helicopter?”

“Fortunately, we shouldn’t have to rent one.” he replied.

“What do you mean?”

The Caliver Corporation maintains several helicopters in Denver for flying executives to Aspen and other locations for ski trips.., ...I mean business meetings.”

Angela said “Jack! You never told me about that!”

“I was going to surprise you with a vacation trip but I guess the cat is out of the bag now.”

Temperance fumed “Jack! Cats and bags, what does that have to do with helicopters?”

Angela replied “Don’t worry sweetie. We’ll get one and find them.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Next ...

(Part 32)

(Day 29)
Caliver Corporation Hangar

Jack led Angela and Temperance across the hangar towards a couple of the corporate helicopters. As they were approaching, a man recognized Jack.

“Dr. Hodgins! How are you doing these days?”

“Fine, Cyril. How about you? That offer to fly for me in the D.C. area is still open.”

“Thanks, sir. I much prefer the fresh air and countryside out here.”

“Cyril, these ladies are Angela Montenegro and Dr. Temperance Brennan, from the Jeffersonian institute. Cyril Knight is one of our senior helicopter pilots and an old carousing buddy.”

Cyril said “Ladies, I am very pleased to meet both of you. Dr. Brennan, I am a fan and have all of your books. I really like the way you portray the technical details in your cases. That is so refreshing since most stories these days are character studies.”

Temperance smiled brightly “I am always pleased to meet a reader of my books. Especially someone who has an interest in the technical aspects of them. If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer them.”

“I may well. Please let me think about it for awhile. Thank you for the kind offer.” Cyril said.

Jack began “Cyril, the situation is we think a man and a young boy are stranded, with a car, at a specific location. I have the map coordinates for you. We need to get there and verify the two are at that location. If they are, we need to get Dr. Brennan on the ground with them so she can check to see if there are any injuries. If there are none, we simply need to bring them all back here. If there are injuries, then we need to call a 911 rescue chopper and let it pick up the three of them. We will then follow that chopper wherever it goes and put down at the same location. Does that make sense to you”

Cyril replied “Yes, that should be feasible. One question, if we can’t land because of terrain how do you want me to put Dr. Brennan on the ground? We have a rope ladder and we have a rappelling capability.”

Temperance spoke up “I would prefer to rappel to the ground. I don’t trust ladders.”

“Are you familiar with rappelling? Cyril asked.

“Yes. How do you think I move around all those mountainsides looking for ancient bones?” She responded.

“Good. Alright then”

Jack spoke up “Cyril, how long before we can take off?

“One of the helicopters is pretty much ready to go. We’ll just need to take care of a few things and file some paperwork. I would say about a half hour for us to get airborne.”

“Great! We’ll go over and have some coffee while we wait for you.”

(On board the helicopter en route)

“Jack. This is such beautiful countryside! I can see why Cyril doesn’t want to leave.” Angela exclaimed.

“Yes, it is. I considered moving out here, but couldn’t bring myself to abandon the hot bed of conspiracies in this country.” He smiled.

“Surely they must have some out here, too.” She laughed.

“Nothing like back in good ole D.C.”

Angela looked at Temperance and asked “Bren, how are you doing?”

“I am nervous Angie. What if we are at the wrong place? How will Parker feel to see me again? Is Booth okay? I could go on...”

“Sweetie, don’t let all of that worry you at once. We need to take it a step at a time. Right?”

“Yes. Of course. Thank you.”

“Jack! We’ll be coming up on those coordinates shortly.” Cyril shouted.

“Thanks, Cyril.”

They all started looking out the windows and open doorway to focus on the ground. They spent a couple minutes looking with no sighting. Cyril criss-crossed the area a couple times and was re-orienting himself for the next pass.

Angela shouted “Down there! Behind the trees over by the stream! It looks like the car is in the stream!”

“Yes! That looks right!” Jack added.

Temperance was leaning against the door frame straining to see them.

Cyril shouted “Right! I see the car. Okay. Let me change my angle of attack here and we should be able to get closer... Oh damn!

Temperance shouted “What? What is the matter?”

Cyril replied “There is a large bear not far away heading in their direction. It is probably foraging for food near the stream.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:00 pm

Next ..

(Part 33)

(Day 29)
Caliver Corporation Helicopter
Colorado

Jack said “Cyril, where is the bear?”

“Look upstream and off to the right.”

“Wow! That is a big guy, isn’t he?”

“Yes. We can’t put her on the ground with him so close.” Cyril replied.

“What are we going to do?” Angela asked.

“Well, normally, I would frown on harassing animals like this but he is just too much of a threat. I am going to see if I can use the rotor wash to chase him away.”

Cyril brought the chopper low enough for the wash to disturb the ground and started slowly moving towards the bear. He shouted “Everyone watch the trees! Let me know if I am getting too close!”

The bear appeared either extremely confident or stunningly stupid as it didn’t react at first. Then suddenly the physical impact of the wash, plus the huge shadow on the ground and the growling flying object must have registered somewhere. The bear stopped, looked and turned around to gallop off at surprisingly high speed. Cyril continued following the bear until he was sure it was far enough away, then returned to the site of the car.

Cyril shouted to Temperance ”We’ll continue herding Yogi. You go ahead and make your descent. Give me the sign we discussed as to whether we need the rescue chopper.”

Temperance’s eyes glazed with confusion until Angela said “Bren, get to them. We’ll take care of the bear.”

“Right!” Temperance said and dropped out of sight.

She touched ground about 30 feet upstream facing away from the car. Once free of the cable, she pulled off her safety helmet and shook out her hair, then turned around only to be met with a four foot tornado that piled in to her while screaming “Bones!”

Once she regained her balance, Temperance knelt down and tightly hugged Parker.

“Bones, I didn’t mean it! I didn’t mean it! Don’t leave us!” he cried.

She looked into his eyes and slowly said “I know you did not mean it. I am not going to leave your father and you. Parker, it was not your fault I left. I was wrong for not telling you why I left. Do you understand, it was not your fault, it was my mistake?”

“Yes. Yes... ...we both love you so much and can’t stand to lose you.” he said through his tears.

“I love both of you very much also. You do not need to worry, I will not leave you. Shall we go see how Booth is doing?”

“Yes. He is hurting.”

She stood up and took his hand, both of them grasping as if to meld their flesh together. They walked next to the driver’s door and she looked at Booth through the open window with him looking directly into her eyes, as usual.

Before she could say anything, he said “Seeley loves Tempe even more than usual today.”

A huge grin spread across her face as she said “...and Tempe loves Seeley. Are you alright or should we call for a medical helicopter?”

“Probably going to need the chopper. My back is jacked a bit and I banged my head a couple times.”

“Parker, I need to let loose of your hand for a minute.” Once he released her, she turned and faced the Caliver Corporation helicopter, stood up straight and gave them their pre-arranged sign for calling the medical evac chopper. She then took his hand again and they both held on as tightly as before. She opened the car door and moved closer so she could grasp Booth’s hand in her free one.

“Booth, what happened here? I don’t recall there being a valid reason for parking an SUV in a stream.” she said with a slight laugh.

“I missed one of the turns and ended up on this side road. I turned around to head back and as I did so something big, brown and furry ran directly across in front of me. I tried to turn to avoid it and that sent us off the edge of the road and down the embankment through the trees to here.” He groaned lightly.

“How did you get your injuries?” she asked worriedly.

He winced as he said “Well, the bouncing shook up my back a bit. I had on a seat belt, but not a shoulder harness. When the car suddenly stopped as it hit the big rocks in the stream, my head went forward and hit the steering wheel. There was enough momentum off of that it then went backwards and hit the seat headrest. Fortunately, the seat broke loose a bit and canceled the momentum or I might have hit the steering wheel again. I was blacking out and reawakening for quite awhile and my back has been killing me.”

“What about Parker? He seems okay.”

“He was strapped in pretty tightly in the back seat, so didn’t get any injuries as far as I can tell. I am very proud of him. He has been so brave taking care of me and trying to get help.”

“Yes, we are all proud of him. Parker has been quite the hero the past few days.” She smiled lovingly at Parker.

Parker’s face lit up with both embarrassment and pride.

“Booth, where is your cell phone. We followed its 911 signal. Why didn’t you use it more?”

“Oh Bones, I dropped it shortly after sending that last text message. I started getting woozy again and lost hold of it. It fell somewhere down by my feet or the seat. Neither Parker nor I could get to it. Can you see it from there?”

“No, do not think so. I will look for it once the medics get you out. You know, Booth, given your recent record for driving in strange places, perhaps I should drive going on cases once we get back home.”

“In your dreams!” he snickered.

“I imagine I will have to accompany you the next time you go to renew your driver’s license.”

“Why?”

“Obviously, you are going to need a ride home after they revoke it!” she laughed.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:31 am

Next ...

(Part 34)

(Day 29)
Hospital
Near Aspen, Colorado

The medical helicopter’s flight had been fairly routine, once the crew actually got everyone into the air. The paramedics removing Booth from the car and lifting him to the chopper, had Temperance overseeing every movement with an eagle eye. Attached to her arm was a miniature Booth that was just as observant and particular. Once they were en route to the hospital, she thanked the whole crew profusely and congratulated them on their forbearance with her concerns.

Angela and Jack stood out in a visitor area as Angela dialed her cell phone.

“Cam here.”

“Cam, it’s Angela.”

“Did the location information help? What is the situation?” she spoke quickly.

“Cam. Yes, the information was correct and helped a lot. We have Temperance, Booth and Parker all together at a hospital near Aspen.”

“I’m so glad. I’m so glad.” she said with a hint of crying. “You said at the hospital. Are they okay?”

“Temperance and Parker are fine. Booth has a banged up back and a concussion from his car accident. The doctors have given him something for his pain and they are holding him overnight for observation. Of course, that means Temperance and Parker are being held over also since all three of them are holding hands that couldn’t be separated with dynamite.”

“I believe that!” she laughed happily.

“Cam, we should all be coming back in a couple days if Booth’s observation period goes okay.“

“Angela, let me know your arrival time when you have it certain so I can meet everybody at the airport.”

“Of course.”

“Angela, thanks again for calling and letting me know the wonderful news. Bye”

“Jack. Cam wants to meet us at the airport when we return, so we need to keep her in the loop about travel times.”

“Sure, we can do that.”

“What did you tell Cyril?”

“That we weren’t sure whether we would be here one day or more. I told him to return home and we will call him when everyone is ready to leave.”

“Good, Jack. No reason for him to sit around waiting on us.”

“Let’s wander back to their room and see how everyone is doing.” He said with a sigh.

Once they entered the room it was like looking at a string of plush toys in a carnival. Booth was laying on the bed, asleep. Temperance had moved a couch right next to the bed and held his hand while she sat scrunched in the corner. Parker was lying on the couch with his head in her lap and holding on to her free hand. Both of them were awake, watching a TV program with the volume turned low.

Angela spoke up quietly “Bren, since Booth is asleep, why don’t you and Parker take some time to stretch your legs a little bit? There is a little gift store near the front of the hospital that Parker might enjoy. We’ll stay here with Booth in case he needs anything.”

“Parker, would you like to do that?” Temperance asked.

“Yes. Let’s go explore while daddy sleeps.”

“Okay. Just a minute.” Temperance then gently and lovingly peeled back Booth’s fingers to release her hand.

They walked out of the room, hands still locked together, and explored all the open corridors and secret places they could find. The female staff all smiled at Parker and the male staff all smiled at Temperance. They both had some fun seeing who could get more smiles. Temperance had to concede defeat. She just had no chance when Parker put on the trademark Booth charm smile.

They found the gift store and wandered through it looking for items of interest. Parker took great interest in the candy counter and coerced Temperance into acquiring a few of his choice favorites. She picked up a few objects, one in particular that grabbed her attention.

Parker said “Why would you want to buy that?”

“It’s a gift for somebody.”

“Okay but it seems a bit strange.” He said.

Parker tried to get her to take another walk by the candy section but she wasn’t falling for any more ruses or Booth smiles.

They returned to the room and the couch since Angela and Jack were sitting in a couple chairs. Temperance carefully picked up Booth’s hand and repositioned herself as she had been before, as did Parker.

The four of them talked quietly for about an hour and then Jack and Angela left for their hotel room, saying they would return in the morning.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Please keep writing. This is so good; I check a couple of times a day to see if you have posted anything new.

I was not familiar with the word "Trine"; when I Googled it I was amused to see that it perfectly illustrated your story: "Trine is a physics-based action game where three characters allow clever solutions to challenges created by hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to overcome obstacles and save the kingdom!"

Love, Love, Love this rendition of B&B&P.

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:28 pm

Pat wrote:Please keep writing. This is so good; I check a couple of times a day to see if you have posted anything new.

I was not familiar with the word "Trine"; when I Googled it I was amused to see that it perfectly illustrated your story: "Trine is a physics-based action game where three characters allow clever solutions to challenges created by hazardous puzzles and threatening enemies. The gameplay is based on fully interactive physics - each character's different abilities and tactics can be used to invent new ways to overcome obstacles and save the kingdom!"

Love, Love, Love this rendition of B&B&P.

Thanks so very much for the wonderful compliments. Darn! I thought my secret word would confuse everyone... ...not really. Very good searching on your part!

I guess I better hurry and post another section then...

Smile

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Next...

Ahhhhhhh....

(Part 35)

(Day 30)
Hospital
Near Aspen, Colorado

Early in the morning, Booth was awake and feeling nearly normal. He looked over at Temperance and Parker, who were both asleep. “Just like mother and son.” He thought. He sat up in bed and groaned a little as he did so. The groan and movement of his hand awakened Temperance instantly.

“Are you alright, Booth?”

“I think so. Everything hurts quite a bit but at least I can feel it so that must be good.”

“Hi daddy.” Parker mumbled as he awoke too with a cheerful smile.

“Hi buddy, how are you today?” he smiled back.

“Okay.”

Temperance asked “Do you need anything? Medicine, food or drink?”

“No. I’m fine. I’ll just be glad to get out of this bed.”

She laughed and said “Angela and Jack will stop by a little later once the doctors have made their determinations on your condition.”

“Good. I’m looking forward to seeing them again without the drug haze.” He smiled. “Bones, I think it is time for us to tell Parker about the decision we made.”

“What decision, daddy?”

“Do you want to tell him, Booth, or do you want me to.”

“I think it will mean more to him coming from you.”

Temperance sat Parker in the corner of the couch and then went for one of the chairs. She pulled it up next to the couch and bed so that all three of them were facing each other.

“Parker, your father and I have had several discussions recently and we have come to a decision about the future. He has promised never to leave me and I have promised never to leave him, which also means I am promising never to leave you.”

Parker’s eyes were wide as he asked “Are you and daddy getting married?”

“Yes, Parker we will, but that is a few months away. We will be together from today, but that is our own acceptance of each other. It will take a couple months to arrange the paperwork, ceremonies and legal niceties for the rest of the world to recognize us formally.”

“Does this make you my mother, now? he asked hopefully.

Smiling gently she continued “Not quite. Rebecca is and always will be your mother. You owe her that love and allegiance. I am your stepmother. You can think of it as having two families and I am your mother in the second family. I do not think of you as Booth’s son. I think of you as our son, as my son, from today.”

With a huge smile he asked “What should I call you? Is ‘Bones’ still right?”

She replied “For the next few months, until we settle all of the legal requirements, ‘Bones’ is fine. Once that is done, and for now right here in this room, you can call me whatever you wish.”

He sat for a few seconds then jumped up to hug her saying “Mom! I love you so much!

“I love you too, son!” she said with her eyes tearing over.

When they separated, Parker looked a little downcast.

“What’s the matter buddy? I thought you would be happy about this.” Booth said.

“I am very happy. It’s just... just...”

“What, Parker?” he asked.

“Do I have to say Bones is my stepmother? In lotsa stories, the evil stepmother scares kids. Can’t I say something else?”

“What would you like to say she is?”

“Can’t I just call her my Booth mother?”

Temperance said “Parker, that is fine. You can call me that if you like. So we now have a bit of a Booth Family Secret we need to keep for a few months. The secret is, we three are the Booth family.”

They all smiled widely and hugged profusely. Parker got up and sat in Temperance’s lap with his arm around her neck, repeatedly calling her ‘Mom’ and kissing her cheek while she hugged him back. Booth began tearing up some himself, watching the two of them.

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 am

Next ...

(Part 36)

(Day 30)
Hospital
Near Aspen, Colorado

Angela and Jack arrived later that morning. Her social radar went up immediately as she looked around the room. “Hmmmm” she thought. “What has happened here? No one grasping tightly, holding on for dear life. No one stiff and afraid. Everyone casual, cheerful and playful, almost nauseatingly so. Smiles everywhere. A night in a hospital shouldn’t do this.”

Jack said “Good morning everyone. Booth, what did they say about your status?”

“Good morning, Jack, Angela. Everything looks reasonably good. They are releasing me but recommending I visit one of my own doctors after I have been home for a few days as a precaution.”

“Great! I’ll call Cyril and we should be able to take off as soon as he gets here.”

Angela sidled over to Temperance, saying ‘Good morning’ to everyone but closely watching the interaction between Parker and Temperance. The two of them kept sneaking glances at each other and Parker would touch an occasional kiss to her cheek. Temperance then would hug him closer and kiss the top of his head. They tried to do this without being too obvious but Angela‘s sensors were on full alert by now. She leaned over just as Parker whispered something in Temperances’s ear and Temperance smiled happily. Angela could hear ‘I love you ...” but couldn’t make out that last word. It didn’t sound like ‘Bones’ but she wasn’t sure. When Angela looked at Booth, she could see him staring at the two of them with a serious look of joy and contentment on his face. Angela’s blood pressure began cascading as she started considering the options on what had occurred since their last visit.

“Bren, could we talk for a moment, please?”

“Sure, Angie.”

“Great! Let’s go for a walk out in the hallway.” As she grabbed Temperance’s hand and dragged her bodily away.

“Angie, what’s the hurry? What is the problem?”

“Bren, let’s go over here in this alcove.”

“Alright, Angie. What is this about?”

“Sweetie, look in these eyes of mine. The eyes of your best friend who has traipsed all over the country for you, sat at your deathbed, cried her heart out daily for you, dragged Jack here and there for you, flown in helicopters for you, supported you in your pursuit of Booth, and acted as your own personal fashion coordinator. Is there anything that you might want to tell Angela that would make her very happy?”

“I guess ‘Thank you’ wouldn’t be enough? Right?” Temperance mumbled.

“Ohhh, Bren. It is obvious to me, watching all of you that something has changed between last night and today. From the smiles everywhere, I’m assuming it is something good that will make me happy. Please give me something here, even a little crumb of gossip I can hang onto will do.“

“Angie, I can’t give you any details here and now. However, I think I can say with certainty, what I will tell you once we get back to the Jeffersonian will make you very happy because I am very happy.”

Angela’s squeal was heard two states over. She then said “I can work with that. Yes, that will do for now. I’m so happy for you , Bren.” She then hugged Temperance and held her for a long time.

They walked rapidly back to the room and Angela called out ”Jack! Tell Cyril to get that helicopter here quick. We need to get back to D.C. now!”

They departed the hospital with few problems other than Booth complaining about being rolled to the helicopter in a wheel chair. The ride in the Caliver Corporation helicopter was much more pleasant than their previous flight, so Booth and Parker did some sight seeing along the way. Temperance was discussing some of her books, answering questions that Cyril had come up with overnight. Jack was leaning back napping. Angela just sat back, eyes closed, daydreaming with a huge grin on her face.

Once the helicopter landed, everybody began disembarking, with Temperance bringing up the rear still talking with Cyril. She finished their discussion and thanked him sincerely for all his help. She then handed him a copy of her newest book which she had signed for him. She thanked him once again and then waved as she joined the others. He opened the book and read:

---------
To Cyril

The pilot with affection for technical details. My Knight in flying armor whose kindness and gallantry in my hour of desperate need restored me to the world.

Fondly,

Temperance Brennan

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:36 am

Next...

(Part 37)

(Day 31)
Jeffersonian Institute
Washington, D.C.

The flight back to Washington had been uneventful and everybody caught up on their sleep while they could. Cam had greeted them at the airport and then taken them to Founding Fathers for dinner on her. Afterwards, they went over to the Jeffersonian and in to Temperance’s office for some family gossip and socializing.

Cam, Jack, and Angela were sitting on the couch while Temperance sat at her desk. Booth and Parker were were sitting in some spare chairs that had been brought close to her desk.

Angela could barely restrain herself anymore and said “Bren, didn’t you mention there was something you wanted to tell us?”

“Oh yes, Angie. I almost forgot.”

Temperance, Booth and Parker got up and walked over to the open floor area and stood facing the couch. Booth and Temperance were standing side-by-side while Parker stood directly in front of them.

Temperance said “Go ahead, Parker.”

Parker said “Ladies and gentleman, let me introduce my Booth father here, (pointing at Booth), and my Booth mother here, (pointing at Temperance). We are the Booth family.”

“Good job, son” said Temperance.”

“Thanks, mom.” he replied.

Angela’s mind screamed “Mom. That was what he said at Denver!”

The explosion of laughs, cheers, salutations and generally joyous demeanor carried for several minutes.

Booth then said “We ask that you keep this to yourself for 60 days so we can have time to adjust to the situation and follow up on legal requirements. We will also tell Rebecca and Mr. Cullen. Only you five will know for now.”

After some more casual discussion, Booth asked Cam to take Parker out for some Jeffersonian entertainment. He and Temperance wanted to discuss the recent trip with Jack and Angela, so locked the door and pulled the curtains after they left.

“Jack, Angela. Bones and I want to thank both of you for all of your help during our recent trip. You certainly saved her life, and probably mine and Parker’s too. The debt we feel to both of you is huge. Understanding that, take heed of the warning I am about to give you. Neither of you was ever supposed to know about the things we will reveal shortly. Parker doesn’t even know about these things. They open Bones at her most vulnerable level and can lead to what you saw in the hospital. Once we have explained the situation, if either of you impedes or interferes with us, instead of assisting us, I will not hesitate to take you out up close and personally. Now that you understand this do you want us to continue or would you rather remain totally ignorant? ”

Angela and Jack looked at each other with shock registering heavily. They stared at each other, almost Booth and Bones-like for a while.

Angela finally whispered tearily “Jack, if you aren’t comfortable with this then go ahead and wait for me outside. I have to know. I just can’t get through another day like at the hospital and not know what to do.”

“Yes, Angie. You’re right. Booth, we want to stay.” Jack spoke clearly.

“Thank you, Jack.” Angela smiled as she squeezed his hand.

“Bones and I are happy you do. There are times when we just can’t delay to explain something and can use as much help as we can get. She is going to start her explanation now.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by AMarty Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:40 am

Next...

A bit of duplication and some new info..

(Part 38)

(Day 31)
Jeffersonian Institute
Washington, D.C.

“There are three aspects that have developed over the lifetime of Temperance Brennan, the person. They are ways I have tried to cope with emotions in stressful environments. It is like anyone having different rules for how they act in different environments. You can think of it as compartmentalizing. Booth is having to attempt the same thing, or at least do role-playing for us to survive. The three are Temperance/Dr. Brennan, Bones/Bren, Tempe.

Temperance is the aspect that is seen by most people. Dr. Brennan is simply the more formal and restricted version of Temperance. Some people who know the name Tempe are actually addressing the less formal version of Temperance.

Bones is the aspect that has resulted from Booth’s initial interactions with Temperance Brennan. Think of Bones as the cradle of emotions that have been made available with logical and rational support for our partnership. Bren is a variation of Bones, that exists for call only by Angela as Temperance Brennan’s best friend.

Tempe is the innocent child within whose only desire is to please. Think of Tempe as an open heart where emotions can flow directly in and out with no filtering. Tempe has committed to Seeley and her commitment is total. That means it is the love and affection provided by Seeley that becomes her fuel to carry on. If Seeley tells Tempe he loves her, that fills her with joy and adds to her ‘love fuel tank”. If Seeley does not do so for awhile, the level in her ‘tank’ drops daily. If he never tells her that, or he is not able to communicate with her for some reason, the ‘tank’ ultimately will run out and the person Temperance Brennan will die of a broken heart. That is what you saw at the hospital. Whenever she says anything related to needing to go to Seeley, or have him come to her, then her fuel tank has reached the ‘E” (empty) and it is the flashing light telling you she is running on love fumes and about to cease.

You can access the aspects at any time simply by your voice calling them. This can be normal conversation or over telephone. In everyone else’s situation, the default aspect is Temperance, but Booth’s default is Bones and Angela’s default is Bren.”

Booth said “Jack, we are going to try a little experiment to help you see this. I want you to stand facing Bones. Then call her by each of the names Temperance, Bones, Bren, and Tempe. Once you call her, wait for her to say ‘Yes.’ Then ask ‘Who she is.’ and listen to her response.”

Jack tried it and for every one the answer he got back was “I am Temperance. I provide insulation and comfort for Tempe in a hostile world. I must protect Tempe at all costs. I may be called by anyone.”

Booth said “Angela, now you try the same thing by calling Bren.”

She did and the answer she received was “I am Bren. I provide insulation and comfort for Tempe in a hostile world. I must protect Tempe at all costs. I ensure the stability of our friendship. I may be called by Angela.”

Jack and Angela looked at each other, trying to phrase questions, but they failed at it for awhile.

Angela, looking at Temperance, said “So, if I understand this, I can talk to two different Brennans, Temperance and Bren. This kind of scares me a bit. How many people are there in you?”

Temperance, smiling lovingly, said “Angie, you are misunderstanding. There is only one person, Temperance Brennan. Think about your average home computer, not our Jeffersonian specialized ones. A person normally doesn’t have a different computer for each of their types of software. They run a specific program to accomplish a specific function. Temperance Brennan is the computer and the aspects are the different software programs. Is that any clearer?”

Angela, brightening up, said “Okay. That’s better. I think I can deal with that concept better than multiple people.”

“Good, I’m glad. Part of the problem has been that Booth and I could not have a personal relationship under the existing guidelines. This put a lot of strain on me and I had to rely on the aspects as a way to get through each day without losing too much emotional control. “

“What changed?” Angela queried.

“We were able to get verification that we would not lose our partnership if we did have a personal relationship. This means that ultimately the Bones and Bren aspects will eventually fade away and they become simply the nicknames you and Booth use when talking to me.”

“What about the other ones, Temperance and Tempe?”

“Temperance is the one I keep as protection from everyone else and there won’t be any change in that. Tempe is the way Booth, in the guise of Seeley, talks directly to my heart. Only he can access it.”

AMarty
Squint
Squint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next