Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

+11
aardvark508
gordongordonfan
THX1138
lancelot
bones fan 99
treble21
Zygomatic
MoonlightGardenias
MI_Bonesgirl
joybrennan
HoneySpice
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects - Page 2 Empty Re: Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

Post by royaldinerlurker Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:07 am

Exactly and I also kind of agree with what Hanson or Nathan said recently (which I know is against the grain as I know they are not very popular at the moment with fellow posters..!) along the lines of if he didn't try to move on he would just seem a little stawkerish/creepy/pathetic. Also, the old adage is true, "you don't know what you have got til you lose it". Bones is going to come to this resolution pretty soon.. (I hope).

royaldinerlurker

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-09-21

Back to top Go down

Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects - Page 2 Empty Re: Bones:Unrequited Love Episode After Episode Eroding Other Aspects

Post by bella Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 am

I think Booth had to change, he was almost perfect in at one point, no man, hell no person is that great!

He's since then displayed various character traits over the last 5 seasons, knight in shining FBI body armour, the jock, the cocky wise ass, the love sick partner, the angry, confused and unsure agent with gun trouble, he's been through it all.

Now having been apparently firmly rejected by Bones, he's bound to regress in some people's eyes still further but the writers have decided this is the storyline to follow and he had to toughen up and distance himself emotionally from Bones in a way. Hanging around and mooning after her would have looked sad and slightly creepy in my opinion. Booth is a guy, if he's going to be true to his kick ass character he had to do something to break the cycle. If that refusal had happened to many other guys I know they would have just walked out of her life right there and not gone back for more emotional punishment. Not Booth, he forced himself to accept it and promised to stick with her in a working relationship until she did a flit to that damn island! They're now back together but it will take time (and the use of Hannah as an all too obvious plot device) to see what "together" really does mean for them in the future.

I still love Booth as a character, he's still the stand up guy, loyal to a fault, loving father, with a lion heart who would kill and be killed to protect Bones, but both of them are emotionally damaged people in my view and hopefully as this season goes on if the writers are smart enough they will explore this and B&B will grow even closer as a result.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:56 am

I notice you said "apparently" firm rejection. I'm assuming that's because a person in tears saying that basically they aren't good enough for them isn't what one would call a firm rejection. Brennan said she couldn't do it, but the firm rejection IMO is in Booth's head, not what actually went down. It doesn't change Booth's REACTION in terms of he's reacting to what's in his head, but it also sucks for Brennan, because she didn't like, laugh and say, "what, are you crazy?" Or " I sorry, I don't feel that way about you." Basically, the whole situation just sucks. Neutral
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bella Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:06 am

joybrennan wrote:I notice you said "apparently" firm rejection. I'm assuming that's because a person in tears saying that basically they aren't good enough for them isn't what one would call a firm rejection. Brennan said she couldn't do it, but the firm rejection IMO is in Booth's head, not what actually went down. It doesn't change Booth's REACTION in terms of he's reacting to what's in his head, but it also sucks for Brennan, because she didn't like, laugh and say, "what, are you crazy?" Or " I sorry, I don't feel that way about you." Basically, the whole situation just sucks. Neutral

That scene has been so argued over, some liked it others hated it and said it was bad writing which didn't make sense for the characters. Yes it sucks for Brennan I agree but in the end she does tell Booth she can't give him what he wants - it was a rejection but not in a "you're the last person on earth I'd ever want to hook up with" kind which would mean no one would need to chew the fat on the possibilities of things changing again between them.

bella
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 am

bella wrote:
joybrennan wrote:I notice you said "apparently" firm rejection. I'm assuming that's because a person in tears saying that basically they aren't good enough for them isn't what one would call a firm rejection. Brennan said she couldn't do it, but the firm rejection IMO is in Booth's head, not what actually went down. It doesn't change Booth's REACTION in terms of he's reacting to what's in his head, but it also sucks for Brennan, because she didn't like, laugh and say, "what, are you crazy?" Or " I sorry, I don't feel that way about you." Basically, the whole situation just sucks. Neutral

That scene has been so argued over, some liked it others hated it and said it was bad writing which didn't make sense for the characters. Yes it sucks for Brennan I agree but in the end she does tell Booth she can't give him what he wants - it was a rejection but not in a "you're the last person on earth I'd ever want to hook up with" kind which would mean no one would need to chew the fat on the possibilities of things changing again between them.

I think without a doubt the 100th episode is a 'firm rejection". No she is not mean spirited in any way but she does say that she does not see herself being able to be in a relationship with him. He follows by saying he "needs to move on" and she doesn't change her mind. I think for him to see it any other way would make him super human.

I also think his conversation with Caroline where Caroline says "I hope she finds her missing link of humanity" and she says "me too" is kind of a guy way to say it was all too much for him and he needs to back off. His comment about Hannah not having a missing link was to lighten the conversation and I don't believe it for a second.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:39 am

bella wrote:

lol!
Sounds like you're in the "bad writing" camp, as in the only reason this scene played out the way it did was to reset the story and drag out will they/won't they - as opposed to how the characters had been developing up until that point. That I would agree with. I mean, really, is there ANYONE on this board who thinks they will NEVER get together, even if it's the last episode? (by which time no one will care, but I digress.) That's the whole problem with will they won't they - It's actually NOT will they/won't they, it's more like just a "When." As in, "Are we there yet, are we there yet?" Laughing Eventually, the kids give up and fall asleep. The journey is pleasant when it's interesting. But when it's - "didn't we just pass that mall?" "No, honey, that's a different mall." Shocked Are we there yet? I'd like to explore the resort, not just drive around in the car. Rolling Eyes Hence, I'm taking a nap. Razz
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:45 am

lancelot wrote:
bella wrote:

I think without a doubt the 100th episode is a 'firm rejection". No she is not mean spirited in any way but she does say that she does not see herself being able to be in a relationship with him. He follows by saying he "needs to move on" and she doesn't change her mind. I think for him to see it any other way would make him super human.

I disagree, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't think it would make him superhuman. It would make him someone who knew Brennan and her thought process, which, until the these recent events, he knew VERY well. Who knows, maybe he lost that part of his brain with the brain tumor...Twisted Evil

I also think his conversation with Caroline where Caroline says "I hope she finds her missing link of humanity" and she says "me too" is kind of a guy way to say it was all too much for him and he needs to back off. His comment about Hannah not having a missing link was to lighten the conversation and I don't believe it for a second.
Didn't watch it - so no comment. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:50 am

I
disagree, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't think it would make him superhuman. It would make him someone who knew Brennan and her thought process, which, until the these recent events, he knew VERY well. Who knows, maybe he lost that part of his brain with the brain tumor...

I have all sorts of ideas about the brain tumor. Laughing

...and I don't mind being disagreed with at all. The conversation is just fun for me. Hope I'm not rustling any feathers. It seems I think a little differently about the Booth character but it's all good i hope.

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:47 pm

lancelot wrote:
I
disagree, but we are all entitled to our own opinions. I don't think it would make him superhuman. It would make him someone who knew Brennan and her thought process, which, until the these recent events, he knew VERY well. Who knows, maybe he lost that part of his brain with the brain tumor...

...and I don't mind being disagreed with at all. The conversation is just fun for me. Hope I'm not rustling any feathers. It seems I think a little differently about the Booth character but it's all good i hope.

Razz
- it's all good. Smile
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by lancelot Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:42 pm

joybrennan wrote:
lancelot wrote:
I

Razz

I think Sweets actually pushed Booth into confronting Brennan with his feelings. I think he really knew not to but he the writers made him SO lost the whole season. He still needs to contend with it emotionally. I think this new episode he is more confident. He even sees something in the father of Logan that Sweets doesn't. It's about time...
- it's all good. Smile

lancelot
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pat Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:02 am

For people who hate psychology, there is a lot of it going around. I see a definite punishment theme: Brennan punishing herself for everyone leaving her (gotta be her fault in her mind), Booth punishing himself for pushing Brennan when he knew it wasn't time (get the whip out raghag; time for more punishment!), Booth punishing Sweets by pushing him parallel to how Sweets pushed Booth, Cam punishing Brennan for not being there to rescue her in the case of the missing child, etc. I think I'll just meditate on Wendall's new tat!

Pat
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 160
Say What You Want : Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
Registration date : 2010-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:42 am

Pat wrote:For people who hate psychology, there is a lot of it going around. I see a definite punishment theme: Brennan punishing herself for everyone leaving her (gotta be her fault in her mind), Booth punishing himself for pushing Brennan when he knew it wasn't time (get the whip out raghag; time for more punishment!), Booth punishing Sweets by pushing him parallel to how Sweets pushed Booth, Cam punishing Brennan for not being there to rescue her in the case of the missing child, etc. I think I'll just meditate on Wendall's new tat!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:39 am

joybrennan wrote:
Pat wrote:For people who hate psychology, there is a lot of it going around. I see a definite punishment theme: Brennan punishing herself for everyone leaving her (gotta be her fault in her mind), Booth punishing himself for pushing Brennan when he knew it wasn't time (get the whip out raghag; time for more punishment!), Booth punishing Sweets by pushing him parallel to how Sweets pushed Booth, Cam punishing Brennan for not being there to rescue her in the case of the missing child, etc. I think I'll just meditate on Wendall's new tat!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

If punishment is the theme, then Angela and Hodgins have to feel the need to inflict some pain for interrupting their Paris sojourn; Daisy would need to retaliate for Brennan dragging her around Maluku and not telling her about the phone (and being wrong about the whole dig); Sweets mad at the costumers for giving him that funky hat and whichever producer talked him into the facial hair (does that mean he's no longer 12?); Caroline for inflicting Brennan on her (wanna hug?). . . . Wonder where else Wendell has tats.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2