Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In The Act (Rated M, for Mature)

4 posters

Go down

In The Act (Rated M, for Mature) Empty In The Act (Rated M, for Mature)

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:58 am

Disclaimer: Unfortunately I don't own nor am I involved with the production of Bones. On the plus side, I work cheap so if Hart and Company are reading this - call me.

Synopsis: Brennan thought she was okay with Booth moving on, she thought she understood what she was giving up, but she had no idea. However when she catches him in the act with not one, not two, but three different women, well, Temperance Brennan begins to rethink her decision.

A/N: The inspiration for this story was shamelessly stolen from angiebc and her story Redhanded. BTW, it sort of goes without saying but adult situations and language apply here.

In The Act - Prelude

The low rumble of distant thunder echoed off the walls of the courtyard as his hands gently cupped her elbows, keeping her from turning away.

“You know I love you baby.” Chucking her under the chin, he tipped her face to his. “You know I’m the one, the one man who’ll never abandon you, never leave.”

The rain picked up scattering large fat drops across the pavement, drumming on his chiseled features, splashing off the collar of his jacket. She watched as he shoved his hands into his pockets, waiting stubbornly for her to respond, large expressive brown eyes burning into her very soul, begging her to love him back. Slowly, surely, she stepped toward him, her hand hesitatingly lifting to touch his face as she shook her head ever so slightly.

Suddenly his skin shivered underneath her fingertips and the light in his eyes died. When she tried to touch him again, he reacted more violently, jerking away from her touch.

“Please, you’ve got to understand…”

“Understand what? That I’m not good enough? That I’m not smart enough? That I’m not…that I’m just not enough?” Half turning his back toward her, his shoulders slumped in defeat as bitter words assaulted her ears. “No need to explain it anymore Doc, I got the message.”

The look of shock on his face as she grabbed his shoulder and spun him around went unnoticed as she crowded him, shoving him hard against the nearby lamp post. Pushing him so hard that the light shook as the rain cascaded down around them.

“Don’t! Don’t you dare make this about you! It’s not, don’t you get it?! It’s not about you, it’s about me!” Anger and shame fought for control, neither won and ultimately her reserve was lost as a torrent of words poured out. “It’s me you baboon’s ass! I’m not good enough for you, I’m not the kind of girl who can give you the life you want, I can’t promise you children or marriage. I can’t guarantee I won’t leave for a dig next week, next month, next year…I can’t put you, put us, above the work we do. I just…I can’t. I can’t be who you need me to be, I can’t be who you deserve, and I can’t bear the idea of hurting you so much you end up hating me.”

“I could never hate you baby, never.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Yes, I do. I do know it, baby. I know it in here…” He tapped his chest, “and in here.” He tapped the side of his head. “You just have to trust me, okay? Trust in us.”

“How, how can I? How can I trust in something that I’ve never known? How can I take that risk? How can I risk losing what we’ve already got for a, a fling? A sexual fling?” If she noticed how her words were hurting him she didn’t show it, still she pushed on. “You’re the one who’s all heart, so you tell me how you can do it? How you can risk our friendship, our partnership? Tell me what you’ll tell the families of the victims if…if the center doesn’t hold, if we try and fail?”

“I’m sorry but I can’t. I can’t tell you what you want to hear because this isn’t just about sex for me and you know it. This is about us, about who we are, who we can be together.”

He let out a shuddering breath, scrubbing his face with his hand before dropping it to his side. When he looked up at her it was if her entire world had fallen away at that moment.

“I can’t go on like this Kathy. I’ve given you time, and space, to figure things out. Five years I’ve waited for you to come around, five years waiting for you. I just can’t wait anymore. If this is what you want then…then I’ve got to find someone else. I’ve got to find someone who’ll love me for the next 30 or 40 or 50 years, okay?”

“Okay” Kathy looked forlorn as surprise seemed to wash over his features.

“Okay?”

“Yes. I, I don’t want to stand in your way. I want you to be happy, I…I need for you to be happy Andy.”

“Then why won’t you give me what I want?”

Moving faster than she could have imagined, he pushed her back hard against the nearby retaining wall. His hands clamped down on her arms, feral eyes burning with passion, holding her gaze for the longest second before he crushed their mouths together. She gasped and his tongue thrust into her mouth, raking over her teeth, teasing her, tasting her, swallowing her moans as he devoured her.

When they finally parted his mouth proceeded to kiss and nip along her jaw until she felt his hot breath puffing over her ear. Panting against his neck, Kathy found it harder and harder to calm her breathing, her whole body threatening to rebel against her decision.

“What are you doing to me?”

Hearing the breathy quality of those words, Andy smiled against her neck and began nibbling on her earlobe.

“Showing you Kath, showing you that all I need is you. All I want is you. Just you, baby.

She gave up caring what was right or wrong, letting the rain swallow the gasping sobs of need that broke from her throat as he ravaged her neck, his hands sliding around to cup her ass as he ground against her.

“Just you Kathy, you’re all I need…just you.”

“Yes, yes Andy…” grinding against his growing hardness, no longer aware of the cold rain that seemed to sizzle on her skin as he worked his magic, she grabbed him harder. “Please Andy!”

“Please what?”

Pushing back long enough to look him right in the eyes, she gently caressed his cheek, happy that this time he wasn’t pulling away.

“Please show me how much you need me. Show me how wrong I was, please?”

Dark eyes seemed to glow with renewed desire; his face breaking into a predatory smile that stirred new fires within her. He kissed her softly, letting his lips ghost over hers before pulling them back the barest fraction of an inch, the words she now longed to hear broke from them.

“Anything for you baby, anything you want.” Pulling her under his arm, they turned away from the cold stone structure that housed la Sûreté du Québec, and ambled off into the night. “Let’s go home Kathy.”

Her response was to pull herself tighter against him, reveling in the warmth that his body offered. Kathy Reichs was a woman of reason and rational facts, but in her partner’s arms all reason fled and the only rational fact she could muster was that giving in felt right. Pushing aside all doubt about their future she tipped her head upward and planted a small kiss along Andy’s jaw, never seeing the smile that threatened to split his face when he heard the barely whispered word,

“Home.”

The dull thud of the manuscript as it hit the coffee table made her head jerk upward and turn instinctively toward the living room. Shaking off the sudden rush of fatigue that threatened to overwhelm, Brennan pushed back from the breakfast table and headed toward the apartment’s galley kitchen. When she emerged a few minutes later she had two cups of coffee and a small plate of biscotti balanced on a tray. Setting it down on the coffee table in front of her friend, she became alarmed at Angela’s reticent demeanor.

“Is everything alright Angela? Was the story not…good?”

“No, no the story was fine Sweetie, gruesome as ever.” Angela leaned forward to take the mug nearest her, snagging a biscotti in the process. “I mean the case aspect of the story was good, compelling even, and I liked how you had someone other than Kathy be the one to solve the big puzzle and figure out who the killer was.”

“I thought you might.” Brennan smiled indulgently at her friend.

“Yes Sweetie, you get brownie points for making the sketch artist the heroine of the hour.” Angela dunked her biscotti in her coffee, shaking her head ruefully at Brennan. “Though you lose double for having her killed off just after she actually figures it all out.”

“That was necessary to maintain the suspense and pacing of the storyline Angela. Not only that but it was needed to…”

“It was rude Brennan, just rude.” Angela bit off a large chunk of her soggy biscotti. “You just don’t kill off your friends like that.”
Brennan proceeded to launch into a long diatribe about how the characters, though inspired in some aspects by elements of her friends’ lives, were her own creations. Angela ignored her, focusing on the biscotti in her hand and the excellent Kona roast in her cup. When she’d done sufficient damage to both she interrupted Brennan as if nothing had been said since the last time she’d spoken.

“And another thing, what the hell did you do with Kathy and Andy?”

“What do you mean Angela? They’re who they’ve always been.”

“Oh please honey, don’t give me that.”

“I don’t understand, I’m not giving you anything Angela.”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about Brennan. This Kathy and Andy? They’re you and Booth.”
Brennan snorted derisively, rolling her eyes as she settled back on the couch next to her friend.

“Oh please Angela,” Brennan mocked, “you say that with every manuscript. How is this time any different from any other?”

“Because, Sweetie, their relationship has always been about sex – hot, nasty, sweaty, incredible sex - until now. Now, suddenly, it’s all about them making love, about how much she needs Andy in her life while she struggles to deal with issues of abandonment, and Andy…”

“What about him?”

“You’ve got Andy confessing that he’s still wracked with guilt about his past as a police sniper, and telling Kathy about his past drinking problem, even offering to take her to his AA meeting?” Angela leaned forward, touching Brennan’s knee gently. “You can’t tell me that this isn’t about you Bren, this is totally about you and Booth this time Sweetie. Now, are you going to tell me what happened?”

Brennan’s hand covered Angela’s and she grabbed it, squeezing it in search of reassurance. Angela looked up in surprise at Brennan and seeing the conflict raging behind her eyes squeezed back as hard as she could.

“Bren…?”

“I screwed up Ange. I screwed everything up.”

Hmm, so wonder what will happen next? Anyone up for another installment?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 3976
Say What You Want : Come visit me on Twitter: King_RM
Registration date : 2009-05-13

http://www.fanfiction.net/~robertmodean

Back to top Go down

In The Act (Rated M, for Mature) Empty Re: In The Act (Rated M, for Mature)

Post by DBCrazy Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:56 pm

I haven't been in here in forever, and yet I feel compelled to say, "Welcome back!" to you too, at least in this section.

I gotta say I was kind of confused at first. I just finished reading "Spider Bones" tonight and launched into this and got Kathy and Andy? but it was all so much Brennan and Booth. Yeah, a bit mixed up. I'm all figured out now, and yes, I'm ready for another installment! I admit that killing off the forensic artist was not okay, but I can't wait to figure out what it is that Brennan knows only too well that she screwed up.

Are these going to be "daily" installments?? Cool
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:29 pm

DBCrazy wrote:I haven't been in here in forever, and yet I feel compelled to say, "Welcome back!" to you too, at least in this section.
And it's good to be back here, even better to see you back my loyal Chancellor.

I gotta say I was kind of confused at first. I just finished reading "Spider Bones" tonight and launched into this and got Kathy and Andy? but it was all so much Brennan and Booth. Yeah, a bit mixed up. I'm all figured out now, and yes, I'm ready for another installment! I admit that killing off the forensic artist was not okay, but I can't wait to figure out what it is that Brennan knows only too well that she screwed up.
I was actually going for that feeling. Knowing how much of herself Brennan writes into her books I thought, "what better way for her to explore an alternate ending to her own drama than to give Kathy the ending she'd wanted in her heart?" The story is going to be told in "Pulp Fiction" format, with the Angela/Brennan bits being near present day and the rest of the Brennan & Booth bits being told in flash backs that will get closer and closer to the present.

Are these going to be "daily" installments?? Cool
Yes, and I'm going to add some of the naughty bits now. firedevil

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Five Days Ago – Brennan

The deep dull sound of a heavy rock bass pounded the door and Brennan knew instinctively that he’d never hear her knock, let alone ring the doorbell. Balancing the flat that was filled with boxes of Thai takeout in one arm, Brennan sighed and slid her key into the lock, letting herself inside.

Stepping through the door the first thing she noticed was how dark it was. Not pitch black, but lit with the ambient glow of dozens of candles. The soft lighting stood out in contrast to the way her ears were being assaulted by the rhythmic thud of the heavy bass and clanging guitar chords as a raspy voiced singer belted out the virtues of American thighs that shook him all night long. It was then that she noticed the warm scent of sandalwood in the room, and it took just seconds for her to see a lone stick of Gonesh incense burning down in a small decorative brass brazier nestled among a cluster of empty beer bottles on the coffee table.

‘Sex’ it was the only thought on her mind as she looked around the room, and suddenly Brennan wasn’t sure what she was doing there.

She’d wanted to have dinner with him after they’d finished their case, like they’d always done before, but he’d begged off saying he just needed some time to himself. She’d thought he was just making an excuse for how tough this case had been, cases about children always hit him harder than others. She’d thought he’d welcome her company; he always had in the past. Only now it was painfully clear how wrong she was, or was she?

Brennan smiled at the realization that Booth had obviously begged off tonight because he wanted to relax, to lose himself in a little self indulgent pleasure. She pictured him dancing about in his jeans, sliding around the hardwood floors barefoot as his carefully tailored work shirt, unbuttoned down the front, flared open to reveal his well sculpted chest. Looking about the room her fantasy didn’t stop there, and she swallowed hard at the idea of him laying in bed, jeans down around his ankles…perhaps tossed aside entirely…stroking his long, hard cock, his fingers swirling over the purple head, smearing the glistening drops of pre-cum around as he fisted the shaft.

Gulping hard as erotic thoughts of Booth filled her mind, Brennan was unable to deny herself one small indulgence. Setting the food down on his coffee table, she padded quietly toward the bedroom. The next song on the CD started up, and as the door swung open she heard the same throaty voice as before belt out lyrics that left no doubt as to what, exactly, was harder than a rock, and that’s when she saw him…with her.

Her who? Who did Brennan see Booth with and what could they have been doing? Hmmm?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:43 pm

WHOO HOO! I love the whole book intro - brilliant! I get what mi lady means though about angst - THREE different women? Poor Brennan...Evil or Very Mad Carry on, oh evil one. Twisted Evil
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1532
Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?
Registration date : 2010-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 am

I say things have changed quite a bit if Booth isn't hanging around for the post-case wrap-up. He's moving on, and it looks like he's pulling Brennan along in his wake. I bet she's wondering where her prude went!

And who is "her" anyway?
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:06 am

@ JoyBrennan - Yes, three different women. Let's just say Booth is dealing with his pain in a more...constructive manner than the man on the show.

@ Sherry - Her is the mystery woman, who I'll introduce you all too next. She's an OC, of course, and someone that Brennan is both disdainful, and jealous, of.

And the games continue...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:24 am

Five Days Ago - Booth

Grunting, Booth shifted his weight forward and reached beneath the warm, willing body of the woman in front of him. Deftly capturing one of her breasts, he rolled and pinched the nipple between his fingers while his free hand settled on the opposite shoulder, pulling her back roughly as he pounded into her from behind.

Arching her body to meet his, feet slipping, hands scrambling desperately for a hold on the smooth mahogany footboard at the end of the bedstead, the woman in question struggled to hold on as his rhythm quickened. Before long she was helplessly flailing about as Booth drove his rock hard cock deeper and deeper into her aching pussy. Faster and faster he returned to her until the room was filled with the steady sound of his balls slapping wetly against her swollen lips and the keening wail that erupted from her throat as she came again and again beneath him. A low guttural growl ground out of Booth’s throat and he redoubled his pace, pistoning in and out of her until his body finally surrendered to the inevitable.

They lay awkwardly bent over the foot of his bed, the rapidly drying sweat sticking them together. His breathing slowly returned to normal and it wasn’t long before he realized the door to his bedroom was open, AC/DC loudly pouring through from the living room, the sweet smell of sandalwood mixing with sweat and sex, his sniper sense finally telling him that someone, somehow, had managed to get inside his apartment while they’d been otherwise occupied.

Booth stood up then, stepping back and finally pulling out of his partner. Looking down he shook his head compassionately, lifting her up gently and resettling her at the foot of the bed, dragging the corner of the duvet over her in the process.

“Mmm Seeley?” She peeked up at him through half lidded eyes, her voice thick with satisfaction.

“Shh, relax Gretch; I’m just going to get some water.”

“Mmm good idea baby, bring me back one too?”

Letting his fingertips trail over her shoulder, he brushed aside the blond, sweat matted hair that was plastered to her back. Sighing, he reluctantly pulled back his hand.

“Sure thing, I’ll just be a few.”

Leaving the sated woman to drift asleep swaddled among the sheets at the foot of his bed, Booth wandered into the living room and headed straight for the stereo. As soon as the volume dropped he turned and saw the flat filled with boxes of takeout from his favorite Thai restaurant. There was one word on his lips.

“Bones”

He did a quick search of the apartment but he knew he wouldn’t find her. There’d been no note, no other sign of her entry, except for tell-tale traces of vanilla and jasmine at the front door and again near the boxes of Thai food. It was her signature scent, and smelling it, even now, was sure to drive him insane. Just inhaling that slight trace of her, knowing that she’d seen them, seen him, already had him growing hard again.

Booth was so distracted he didn’t hear Gretchen as she came up behind him, and he nearly jumped out of his skin as she reached around and stroked his growing length.

“Hey there lover, haven’t had enough of me yet?”

Closing his hand over hers he stopped her ministrations and, with a heavy sigh, leaned back into her. Gretchen pulled free and circled her arms around him, planting large, wet kisses on his back, making him shudder with each smack.

“I thought you were going to curl up and sleep for a few.”

“I was but I missed you…and then I smelled something so delicious.” Letting Booth go, she pulled the duvet tighter around her and moved toward the packages of takeout. “Chinese?”

“Thai”

“Oh, well I guess it’s the thought that counts, huh?”

Gretchen opened one container after another, wrinkling her nose at some, poking her finger inside to taste the sauce on others, not noticing that Booth wasn’t standing behind her anymore. When he came back in the room a pair of well worn sweats hung low on his hips. She looked up and gave him a goofy, self satisfied smile that began to fade when it wasn’t instantly returned.

“Hey baby, why the long face?” Scrambling off the couch, Gretchen let the duvet fall to the floor, her naked form in all its voluptuous wonder, beckoning to him. “Baby, did I do something wrong?”

Booth knew he was had, he knew he couldn’t lie to her now about how disappointed he was in himself for giving in and indulging in exactly the kind of mindless sex he’d railed against for years. His eyes wandered over Gretchen’s body and a small smile tugged at his lips. She was beautiful with her full, firm, natural D cup breasts, nice wide hips, a pert ass and long, shapely legs. She had a 40’s film siren style about her, with movie star good looks and a body built for pleasure. It was a shame that all of that wasn’t enough.

“Nah, it’s not you Gretch. I’m just wondering how much the delivery guy saw.”

She looked from him to the boxes of takeout and started to laugh.

“Oh. My. GOD! That is too funny!” Booth cringed at what he’d decided was rapidly becoming her least endearing trait in his short exposure to her. “Do you think he saw us? Do you think he’s off somewhere jerking off to the show we gave him?”

Gretchen stepped forward, her hands sliding over his bare chest, her fingers slipping over well defined muscles as she pressed herself against him.

“God Seeley, you were such an animal in there.” She leaned forward and kissed his chest with a big, wet, sloppy kiss. “Let’s grab a bite and you can do it to me all over again, okay?”

Sighing in relief when his phone saved him from answering her, he dropped a kiss on the end of her nose and then pushed back, disengaging himself from her grasping arms. Minutes later it was clear to even the dimmest bulb that their night was going to be cut short.

“I’d love to Gretch but that was work, I’ve got to call my partner and make plans to be in Vermont in the morning.”

Their night was over, they both knew it, and after a quick round of good-bye kisses he disappeared into the bathroom to shower, leaving her to get dressed and let herself out. When Booth came back he found the Thai food packed away in the fridge, a note on the door reminding him to get something to eat and telling him to call her again, soon.

Shaking off the feeling of dread, Booth grabbed his phone and his keys, and walked out of the apartment, wondering just how he would handle things when he ran into his peeping tom of a partner. Could things get more complicated?

Ahh poor Booth, having to settle for mindless sex with a hot blonde when all he really wants is Brennan...poor bastard. One down, two to go. Wonder if he'll stick with vanilla or go neopolitan?

king RM

Vanilla = Blonde
Neopolitan = Blonde, Brunette, Redhead
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Back in the Present…

“Holy shit Brennan! You walked in on Booth having sex?!”

“Yes”

“I mean, your partner, Seeley Booth, like, totally in flagrante with some bimbo?”

“I-I don’t know that she was a bimbo.

“Was that you bent over the end of his bed?”

“No”

“Then the woman was a bimbo.” Angela sat back heavily as the weight of everything hit her. “Oh my God, this is huge.”

“It’s not, Angela, really it’s not. It’s more…embarrassing.”

“Yeah, and huge Sweetie, totally huge.” Angela’s face seemed to lapse into a pensive mask as she mused aloud. “At least this explains where you came up with that scene between Kathy and Andy. I mean, you do dramatic pretty well, especially since you’ve been working with Booth, but that scene between you two at the end of the book, well, it was something else.”

Brennan ignored the fact that Angela implied that the entire scene was about her and Booth instead of Kathy and Andy, and focused on the one thing that bothered her most about that statement. Leaning forward, hands on her knees, clutching nervously at her pant legs, Brennan gave Angela a plaintive look.

“Why was it something else?”

“What?” Angela was totally confused at Brennan’s reaction. “You’re being serious? You’re more concerned about some stupid, unbelievably melodramatic scene in your book than you are with the monumentally important fact that you finally saw Booth naked and sweaty and it was with another woman?! Sweetie what’s wrong with you?”

“Angela, I’ve seen Booth naked before.”

Her head tilted toward Brennan in a nearly perfect impression of Stewie Griffin’s.

“You’ve what?!”

“I said I’ve seen Booth naked before. He wasn’t sweaty at the time, though he had just gotten up from a bath so the effect was much the same, still…”

“Stop it. Just stop it, Brennan.”

“Angela?”

“Look, we’ll come back to the fact that you’ve seen Booth naked and wet and never bothered to share that little fact with me, and instead let’s focus on the other big news here – you caught Booth in the act with another woman.”

Brennan’s shoulders slumped; her eyes looked pleadingly to Angela.

“Angela, please…”

Not seeing the effect her words were having, Angela kept droning on.

“And seeing Booth, of all people, getting sweaty with some blond bimbo – she was blonde, wasn’t she Sweetie?” Brennan’s curt nod barely registered. “Figures, I mean, men have types and Booth’s type is blond and leggy. Well, I mean, that had to tear you up inside. I know it would have devastated me if it was Jack.”

A stifled sob finally caught her attention and Angela turned in wonder to see Brennan’s cheeks glistening with tears.

“Oh God, Sweetie! I’m so sorry, I was being a total bitch, not even paying attention to how you must feel right now.”

“It wasn’t stupid or, or melodramatic…”

“What? No, of course not Sweetie.”

“When h-he asked me to give us a chance…”

“He asked you?” Her eyes went round as Brennan nodded mutely, her voice breaking when she finally found it again.

“He said he knew Ange, he always knew, right from the beginning.”

“What did he know, Bren?”

“He said that, that when you talk to older couples who’d been together for a long time it was always the guy who knew.” Sniffling loudly, Brennan swiped at the tears staining her cheeks before letting her head fall forward in resignation. “He knew, Ange, right from the beginning he said he knew that he’d love me for 30 or 40 or 50 years. I mean, when I wrote it out I changed the wording because I just assumed he was trying to reassure me that he wouldn’t leave me like everyone else, but those were his words. He just knew.”

“Oh Sweetie, you know it too. You know Booth loves you, and you know he would never leave you.” Angela pushed back the hair covering her face, grasping Brennan’s chin she forced her to look acknowledge what she was saying. “That scene at the end of your book, that is you and Booth, isn’t it? Only it didn’t work out that way in real life.”

Brennan nodded mutely, and Angela settled back into the couch, her hands capturing Brennan’s and giving them a warm, reassuring squeeze.

“So this is you and Booth honey, you and the guy who I’ve been saying for years is the one you’re meant to be with. And yes, it sucks that you saw him with someone else, but I think this,” Angela tapped the nearly forgotten manuscript, “I think this means you’re finally ready now Bren. If you can admit that to yourself, then all you’ve got to do is let him in, let him all the way in.”

“It’s too late Angela, too late.” Brennan picked up a napkin and dabbed at her eyes. “Booth’s moving on, he said he had to and he is.”

“Okay, sure, somehow this all got screwed up and, and Booth thinks you don’t want him so he’s out there burying his heartache in the arms of some skank. That doesn’t mean it’s too late Brennan, not even close to too late. In fact, you know what? This is where me being your best friend really pays off, because now you’re going to tell me what exactly happened that night and then auntie Angela is going to fix it all.”

“Skanks”

“Excuse me?”

“You said skank. I’m vaguely familiar with that term as it applies to younger women, implying lower-class status, poor hygiene, and a certain degree of promiscuity. While I’m unsure as to their hygiene, I’m nearly positive that the multiple of skank is skanks.”

“Multiple? As in more than one?”

Brennan nodded in agreement.

“How many?”

“Three.”

Ah, poor Brennan. If it wasn't a lock that she was gonna get her man, well, this would just be unnecessarily cruel on my part, wouldn't it?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:58 pm

It's amusing as fan-fiction, but as an actual story-line, I can't imagine Brennan wanting to touch the guy after seeing him with three different women. It's a little too Tiger-Woods for me. Rolling Eyes However, as fan-fiction, carry on. Very Happy
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Say What You Want : I like to see the roller-coaster before I get on it. I mean, how many loops are we talking here?

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:06 pm

joybrennan wrote:It's amusing as fan-fiction, but as an actual story-line, I can't imagine Brennan wanting to touch the guy after seeing him with three different women. It's a little too Tiger-Woods for me. Rolling Eyes However, as fan-fiction, carry on. Very Happy
A little too Tiger-Woods? Laughing Nice one. Trust me, I feel the same way about it and there will be a resolution to the whole shebang... so to speak.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Three Days Ago - Brennan

The case had been rather straight forward, the murderer confessing almost as soon as Brennan began questioning him, even without all the evidence at her command. Booth had explained to her once how guilt could weigh on someone’s conscience; how sometimes the right prop or sight or sound could turn even a cold blooded killer into a remorseful, blubbering perp just begging to be punished. In all the years they’d worked together she’d heard about it happening but never actually saw it, let alone experienced it, until yesterday.

She’d completed her examination of the remains, sent soil samples and other evidence back with the body, comfortable that her team would have answers for her when she got back to them. Of course she didn’t need the answers anymore, she had a signed confession, and she hadn’t even needed the body to get it – just her good white blouse and some V-8 juice.

Booth told her it was because she was the spitting image of the victim, even though she wasn’t sure what that really meant. Why would anyone want to be a spitting image? It was a ridiculous colloquialism and one she planned on disabusing him from using going forward. Still, she did bear a remarkable resemblance to their victim, Emily Daniels. Emily was tall, fit, and well structured with chestnut hair and bright blue eyes. She was a local science teacher working at the high school, and her fiancé was a Deputy Sheriff - he was also her killer. It seems she had some less than traditional views on marriage and monogamy, another similarity they shared.

The creak of leather broke her concentration, and Brennan huffed in annoyance. Closing the file with exaggerated force, she shoved the manila folder into her soft case and glared over at Booth. His knuckles were white from the force he was using to grip the steering wheel with and she could see the muscles along his jaw clenching and un-clenching as he tried to control his anger.

‘His anger?’ She thought, ‘Fuck him, what about my anger? I was the one doing his fucking job, getting the confession, closing the case, while he was off getting his ‘freak’ on with the local talent. Bastard, I really ought to report him for that one. In fact it would serve him right if I did. They’d probably suspend him for a week without pay, then how would he ‘entertain’ the ladies?’

The sharp sound of static broke Brennan’s reverie and she realized that while she was lost in thought Booth had turned on the radio.

“You needn’t bother Booth, we’re in a dead zone.” Brennan watches with some small amusement as his jaw clenched at the sound of her voice. “You won’t get anything on the radio but static and that weird religious station for the next twenty minutes.”

“So what? You’re a fucking broadcasting expert now too? Or are you some sort of radio-engineering savant in your spare time?” Booth punched the channel search savagely. “Just leave this one to me, Doctor Brennan, I think I can manage the radio.”

“Well Agent Booth,” Brennan shot back in an acrid tone, “While I’m sure you’re quite capable of operating the car radio since it’s a simple three function device, you’ll recall that that Stuckey’s is the exact same one we visited on the way up to Barre, and when you asked inside, the manager told you that this was a radio dead zone.”

Brennan couldn’t help the smile that sprang up as she watched his neck begin to redden in embarrassment. Feeling bold, she decided to redouble her efforts.

“Furthermore…”

Unfortunately Booth had other ideas and before she’d gotten a second word in he’d jerked the wheel hard to the right, pulling them over onto the shoulder. Brennan felt the vehicle jolt and threw her hand forward to brace herself, turning in her seat to glare at Booth while he steered the SUV into a skidding stop amid a cloud of white dust.

“Booth!” Panting, Brennan made every effort to calm herself before tearing into him. “What is wrong with you?! You’re irrational behavior since we left this morning has got to stop, you’re going to get us killed!”

Killing the engine, Booth turned slowly in his seat until his body was square to hers, and not for the first time Brennan found herself distracted by the size of his shoulders and the way his arms caged her in. The mental images that flashed through her mind, images of that night, his body sweating, abdominal muscles flexing and shoulders hunched, as he bent Gretchen over the end of his bed, only this time it wasn't the blond bimbo. It was her he'd bent over the foot of his bed, her aching pussy that he filled with rock hard cock, over and over again…

“Bones, look, about yesterday…” Booth’s hesitance drew her attention, breaking through her daydream. Her partner wore that Cocky belt buckle because he was never anything but sure of himself, so his reticence now had her wondering. “It wasn’t what you think, okay? I was just questioning her and, I sort of lost control of the situation.”

“Is that what you call it?”

“Bones, please! I’m serious, I didn’t do anything wrong, I just…I just was surprised, okay?”

“Right. You, the former Army Ranger and Special Forces sniper were totally surprised by miss naughty nurse.” Brennan snorted in disbelief, “Next you’ll be telling me she forced you to put your hands on her breasts and stick your tongue down her throat!”

“I swear Bones, as God as my witness, I swear it was not what you think? Okay? I was just questioning Marguerite Tomlinson about her involvement in Emily Daniels’ death when she attacked me.”

“I’m an exceptionally observant individual Booth, and I know what I saw. If I’d come in five minutes later I’d have seen a whole lot more than I care to think about.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Booth’s voice shot up an octave, “Wait, is this about the other night? It is, isn’t it?!”

“Oh please Booth, I’m not some child you can distract by changing the subject and you won’t convince me that I saw something other than what I saw. Anyway I’m not certain why you feel the need to dwell on this issue, but I assure you that despite what I said last night, I’ve no intention of reporting your behavior to Andrew.”

“Bones, this isn’t about that…”

Brennan ignored his pleading tone and shifted in her seat, turning her body away even as she stared intently at him. Cataloging his facial reactions, she continued to drone on primly.

“While I found your behavior to be exceedingly unprofessional, it is not uncommon for a virile alpha male undergoing andropause to have bursts of exceptional adrenal activity resulting in a hyperactive libido and diminished judgment.”

“You think this is all about me going through male menopause?”

Brennan quirked an eyebrow at Booth’s correct usage of the common term for andropause.

“It does explain your recent behavior, Booth, and the sudden flurry of sexual activity accompanying your choice in partners. Of course I’d recommend you see a physician immediately once we get back so they can get you on some sort of anaphrodisiac to assist you in controlling your urges and, of course, get you started on hormone management therapy.”

“Wait, what?!” Booth’s hand fell hard on her arm, jerking her around to look him in the eyes. “This isn’t what about happened last night; it’s about what happened two nights ago, isn’t it?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Two nights ago, you came by without calling. You had our usual, Thai, and you let yourself in, only you found more than you bargained for…”

Brennan scoffed, knocking the smirk from his lips.

“You’re acting as if I should care about seeing you engaged in coitus with another woman, well I can assure you I’m not. I don’t have any claim to your free time Booth, and I don’t care who you sleep with outside of work.” Sneering at him then, “I just ask that you make sure you don’t sleep with any of our suspects in the future. It’s becoming a habit of yours.”

“Sleep with our…? Oh like you’re one to talk, or are we forgetting the guy I arrested on one of your dates? And Catherine wasn’t a suspect, you know that!” Brennan paled as he picked at that particular scab. “You can lie to yourself Bones, but don’t lie to me. This is all about you catching me in bed with Gretchen and being too embarrassed to just admit it.”

“I’m embarrassed by sex? Like hell! You, you…rat bastard!” Brennan jerked away from him, “I think we’ve said all there is to say now, Booth. Please continue driving.”

“Yeah, tell me you’re not thinking about that night right now.” He ground out the words, spitting them at her and watching as each one made her flinch. “Tell me Bones, how long did you stand there, watching me over Gretchen, hmm? How long did you stand there, in the doorway of my bedroom, watching me fuck her?”

“Screw you.”

“You had your chance.”

Brennan recoiled as if slapped. Jerking her arm out of his grasp, she turned away from him and pressed her body against the door. Tears pricking her eyes, she tugged on the elastic holding her hair in place, tousling it until it hung loosely about her shoulders, blocking his view of her face.

"Go to Hell, Booth," she choked out, keeping her gaze fastened on the window.

Booth simply stared at Brennan, watching in wonder as a series of stray, fat tears rolled down her cheeks unimpeded.

“Bones, I…”

“I would like for you to drive now.”

Brennan sat stoically for several minutes until the silence became deafening in the car. Booth’s reply broke the silence like a thunderclap.

“No.”

Brennan turned her head slowly toward Booth, cocking an impassive eyebrow at him in disbelief but the demand that he explain himself died on her lips. Despite the hurt she was feeling, the riot of emotions playing across his face stunned her into inaction. There was a depth of feeling behind his eyes that she could barely fathom, even coming from him. The shifting kaleidoscope of emotions he was displaying confused her. It wasn’t just contrition she was seeing, but shame. There was hurt there too, as well as anger, disappointment, and even contempt, but what took her breath away was that she knew none of these feelings were meant for her.

Beneath it all, beneath his cocky, arrogant exterior, there was something else, something far darker. She’d seen it in him before, glimpsed it in passing, that dark passenger that drove him, tormented him, and tortured him. It was demanding and all consuming, and she’d forgotten how strong its hold over him could be.

“Booth…?”

“No Bones, okay? I just, I need for you to listen, please?” Booth shifted in his seat, turning away from her and facing forward again. Carefully fastening his belt as he settled back in his seat, he grabbed the keys and started the engine. “I’m sorry. I know it doesn’t make it alright but, I am. I’m so very sorry, Temperance, I never, ever, should have said any of those things to you. Please just…understand, okay?”

“Okay.”

“And if you really think that I’m that bad off I’ll go see a doctor, alright?”

“Alright, Booth. Thank you.”

His neck muscles were drawn so tight that she winced at his curt nod, wondering irrationally if it was possible for the muscles to simply snap under so much pressure. Brennan’s fingers brushed an invisible hair from the sleeve of his jacket, and she felt her chest unclench as he relaxed slightly at his touch.

“If it helps I can recommend someone? I’ve a former colleague who has a fellowship in endocrinology at GW.”

“Sure Bones, that’d be great.”

Brennan leaned back in her seat, watching Booth intently as he pulled back onto the highway and started back toward DC. After a while she leaned forward and turned on the radio, scanning up and down until she found a station that played the classic rock Booth seemed to favor. In a matter of minutes he seemed calmer, though he never fully relaxed.

Looking out the window as the scenery passed them by, Brennan spent the remainder of the drive in contemplation of their relationship and when things had gone wrong between them. The only conclusion she could reach was that she’d broken more than just his heart when she rejected him all those weeks ago. The more she considered all the things she could have said instead of no, the more the unpalatable truth presented itself: that no matter what she did, they would never be them again. She just had to figure out if she could live with what they’d become.

Ah, the plot thickens, doesn't it? And would Booth really get down and dirty with someone in the interrogation room? Personally I don't see it, but then Brennan is a very observant woman - could she be wrong?

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Interesting...One technical question. I'm assuming Booth sees Brennan's tears in the window reflection...and she's too upset to notice that he can.
Definitely curious to see where this is going. bounce
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:08 pm

joybrennan wrote:Interesting...One technical question. I'm assuming Booth sees Brennan's tears in the window reflection...and she's too upset to notice that he can.
Definitely curious to see where this is going. bounce
Yep, well Booth knows Brennan well enough that he can tell what's wrong, and he did catch the tears in reflected in the window...sniper training and all that. (translate that as, my beta missed it too!) Sharp eyes L-Tee, sharp eyes indeed.

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:58 am

I'll say the plot thickens! Man. Brennan's saying "skanks" and crying, and Booth is agreeing to "hormone management therapy"?

I can't decide if I like the rollercoaster ride bounce
or I'm afraid of what you're gonna do to 'em. nervous

One question: it sounds like Booth asking her has only happened just recently. So, is this as if the parting of the ways for the year hasn't happened yet or that it just isn't going to happen at all? Or is that just totally irrelevant?

Anyway, waiting for the next installment...
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by joybrennan Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 am

I'm guessing Booth is angry with himself for losing it and being cruel to Brennan - makes him feel he's just like his dad? I'm curious to see what the tie- in is with the different women is....
joybrennan
joybrennan
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:27 am

DBCrazy wrote:I'll say the plot thickens! Man. Brennan's saying "skanks" and crying, and Booth is agreeing to "hormone management therapy"?

Well if it helps my beta (who's as angst averse as they come) had no issues with the planned resolution, though she held her breath for a few scenes. Very Happy

One question: it sounds like Booth asking her has only happened just recently. So, is this as if the parting of the ways for the year hasn't happened yet or that it just isn't going to happen at all? Or is that just totally irrelevant?

Anyway, waiting for the next installment...
This story assumes that post 100the episode, neither Booth nor Brennan was stupid enough to run away and go oversees. Brennan chose not to do so because she was through running away from her problems, and Booth because he realized that unlike Hart's fantasy version of the Army, re-upping would involve a minimum 3 year commitment and there's absolutely no way he could get a guarantee that he'd only be training men, not actually out in the field, humpin' a pack like the rest of the dirt eatin' grunts.

king RM

MALICE pack, the DOD has never come up with a more accurate name for a piece of tactical gear.
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by THX1138 Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:28 am

joybrennan wrote:I'm guessing Booth is angry with himself for losing it and being cruel to Brennan - makes him feel he's just like his dad? I'm curious to see what the tie- in is with the different women is....
Bingo!

As for the rest, well, wait and see...

king RM
THX1138
THX1138
Therapist
Therapist

Back to top Go down

Post by dawnsfire Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:57 am

THX1138 wrote:
DBCrazy wrote:I'll say the plot thickens! Man. Brennan's saying "skanks" and crying, and Booth is agreeing to "hormone management therapy"?

Well if it helps my beta (who's as angst averse as they come) had no issues with the planned resolution, though she held her breath for a few scenes. Very Happy
*snicker*

queen
dawnsfire
dawnsfire
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 2086
Say What You Want : "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." Marilyn Monroe
Avatar is "Queen of the Night" by Wendy Pini
Registration date : 2009-05-21

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1343900/dawnsfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down