Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not to keep beating a dead horse but...

+16
Fi1975
treble21
dreamerktm411
SnoopGirl
Ankuuh
Brain&Heart
MI_Bonesgirl
a_rangergrl2
future_anthro
tinkrella
n2seeleybooth
jro54
Kasper
katharine
Beliskner
carolelr
20 posters

Go down

Not to keep beating a dead horse but... Empty Not to keep beating a dead horse but...

Post by carolelr Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 am

Does anyone else have a hard time watching DB now that his infidelities have come out? I can enjoy reading FF, but tried to watch "Mr. Fix It" (a 2006 movie he starred in) and just couldn't. The idea of him texting his mistress of the moment while his wife was in labor kept coming into mind and I couldn't stand watching it. I don't know how I'll feel when Bones starts again, but right now I just can see him without feeling sick about his actions. Sorry if this is stirring the pot again, but yesterday was the first time I tried to watch him since this all came out and it was like ripping a wound open again.

carolelr

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Not to keep beating a dead horse but... Empty Re: Not to keep beating a dead horse but...

Post by Beliskner Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 am

no problem at all, whats done is done, if his wife can forgive him who are we to whine. Life is full of temptations and people make mistakes. I feel it is no longer any of our busniness. I'm exited for the new season, let the games *cough* episodes begin.
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Not to keep beating a dead horse but... Empty Re: Not to keep beating a dead horse but...

Post by katharine Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:31 am

It never honestly startled me when I heard the news. I had always heard rumors but never really cared. I think he's a very attractive man and it makes watching Buffy/Angel and Bones enjoyable for me. That is all his personal life. That stuff doesn't influence me. To me, you can't really know what still is true, fiction and PR. As for his movies, really haven't liked to many of them anyways. I enjoyed Ghost Writer with Allan Cumming. I thought it was interesting. He (Allan) directed it and he says very flattering things about David in his commentary on the DVD.
Funny thing when I watch that movie (it was made in 2005 -2006), there is a part where David is in a bar and walks to bathroom. Let me rephrase that "struts" to bathroom and has sex with unnamed woman. When I watched it before his indescretions were made public, I thought to myself, this guy could do a great remake of American Gigalo. He has that charisma and machismo. Guess that wouldn't be a good idea now.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Beliskner Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:10 am

why not Razz david duchovny is /was a sex addict and he plays one on tv Razz acting is still acting
Beliskner
Beliskner
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 350
Say What You Want : The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready, and it may be a long time before they get off
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasper Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Completely random but... MW2 is the greatest video game ever. EVER.
Kasper
Kasper
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 12859
Say What You Want : For British eyes only
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 pm

Beliskner wrote:why not Razz david duchovny is /was a sex addict and he plays one on tv Razz acting is still acting

Why not? in response to my guess it wouldn't be a good idea now? Yes, why not, you are right. I tell you I watched that movie about 2 weeks ago and that sequence still gives me shivers.
I am thinking someone missed the boat by not coming up with a story for him like that. I know it sounds terrible now. His wife might not appreciate it, but hell I would. He struts past that girl at the bar, takes her into the bathroom, rips her panties off, pulls off his belt, unzips his pants and has his way with her. Hardly a word spoken. That was worth the price of the movie for me.
In the commentary, Allan Cumming, says that the actress, who is some radio host in LA, is a good friend of his (Allan not David). She got damn lucky if you ask me, even if it wasn't real.
If I were an attractive actor's wife, boy, I don't know how well I could deal with that kinda stuff. I know it's all pretend..........but really.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jro54 Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:40 pm

You know, When I first heard about him admitting he cheated on his wife, I really struggled with watching Bones because every time I saw Booth, I would think about David cheating and just bothered me. But now I have put passed me. Ultimately, I still love him as Booth and as an actor overall.

I just had a crazy thought and this may seem really stupid, but I wonder if DB would have issues doing a kissing or sex scenes with Emily because of what they would say about his personal life, but then I thought if he played an American gigalo where he drags a woman who he doesn't even know into a bathroom and has sex with her, then yes, he could become just like David Duchovney. But instead he plays Booth who wouldn't do that. He and Emily shared an amazing kiss in the 100th and those cheating rumors have been going around since last fall.
jro54
jro54
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1740
Say What You Want : No matter what happens and the twists and turns that this show takes, I will always be a Bones fan!!!! Bring it on Hart!!!!boxing
Registration date : 2010-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by n2seeleybooth Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:43 pm

I had a problem at first, especially after watching the "out house episode when Booth talks about cheaters ect, but know I don't care it helps me seperate the actor from the character, I watch the biography on Hugh Laurie I had forgotten he got caught cheating, him and his wife worked it out but I don't think about it everytime I watch House or judge him.
n2seeleybooth
n2seeleybooth
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 42
Say What You Want : Life is good
Registration date : 2010-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkrella Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:16 pm

I had a problem too at first. Especially since I was re-watching season one and booth was just so damn dreamy and all "I've never cheated on any woman I've ever been with..."

But, after about a week or so it really didn't matter anymore. To be honest, DB was never my favorite anyway. I like him as an actor. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE booth. But, I guess I never had an impression of him to begin with....so finding out he cheated wasn't earth shattering.

Now the hype has died down it's pretty much not even in my thoughts when I watch bones. Sometimes my friends and I will snicker when something ironic comes up like Booth sleeping with Tessa and Cam in the same episode. But, in the end...I don't think it has changed the way I watch the show at all.

I can understand how it would be different for people that were huge David fans though. I'm huge Emily fan. I adore her. She can do no wrong in my eyes. So if the situation was reversed, and something bad like that came out about her....I'd be seriously devastated. Hollywood is hard because at the end of the day, we don't know these actors anymore than strangers on the street. We know what Hollywood wants us to know. So, it's hard when that image gets shattered with real life circumstances.

Not to pull a Sweets....but...my psychology professor in college always told us that society puts celebs on a high mountain of perfection because we like to think that perfect people exist. As Brennan would say..."I hate psychology." So take from it what you will. lol Razz

tinkrella
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by future_anthro Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:53 am

No. To put it simply... i'm a fan of his acting not his ethics. I'm not his wife so why should i care. So long as it doesn't have a big impact on his acting it makes no difference to me.
future_anthro
future_anthro
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 621
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 am

future_anthro wrote:No. To put it simply... i'm a fan of his acting not his ethics. I'm not his wife so why should i care. So long as it doesn't have a big impact on his acting it makes no difference to me.

Perfectly said. 2Tup

And David's acting, IMO, increases in depth and range year after year. He's like a fine wine that just keeps getting better with age. Smile
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MI_Bonesgirl Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 am

It doesn't bother me at all. I guess maybe I'm jaded towards the whole "Hollywood thing" IDK. Or maybe because the rumors had floated around for so long I just wasnt surprised..
To me on Bones, Booth is not DB. I've laughed a couple times when the subject of cheating comes up, but really didn't think about it past that. I get that Booth is this incredibly gorgeous, perfect, FICTIONAL man. What DB does in his private life doesn't affect me at all, so why should I care what he does?
MI_Bonesgirl
MI_Bonesgirl
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1147
Say What You Want : Onward and Upward, Season 6!!!
Registration date : 2010-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain&Heart Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:06 pm

No, it hasnt affected how i see Bones at all.
i love Booth, it just so happens that he is played by David Boreanaz.
i guess it just makes it clear that we can't put these people up on a pedestal and think they can do no wrong... to be honest, it hasnt even changed th way i see DB, i don't know im personally (Crying or Very sad) so really, who am i to judge?
i'm so glad it hasnt changed the way i see Booth, or anything about the show.
Brain&Heart
Brain&Heart
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 617
Registration date : 2010-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ankuuh Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 pm

It really did not have any effect on me watching David acting. For one I was one of these people who wasn't all that surprised, but also it's none of my business what he does in his private life. If I see Booth I don't see David so no problem.
Ankuuh
Ankuuh
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:33 pm

I I love you Booth - I can still watch him Smile

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamerktm411 Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:07 am

I've never cared that much about celebrities' personal lives. To me, David Boreanez and Booth are two separate entities and I can make the distinction while watching.

Although, I agree with the people above me: I always kind of smirk whenever I watch an episode where Booth delivers a line about how wrong cheating is, and how he's never cheated.
dreamerktm411
dreamerktm411
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1255
Say What You Want : "I hope you find something that just changes the entire notion of what it means to be human."
Registration date : 2010-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:15 am

In most cases I am able to seperate the character from the actor, so no I don't have any issues watching DB in his various roles. Sure from a fan perspective there's a little bit of disillusionment but IMO what went on is between him and his wife and has nothing to do with his career.
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Fi1975 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:47 am

I can separate real life and fiction, and even before the whole cheating thing came out, I have to say that I could imagine DB as a cheater, I don't know why exactly, but I wasn't shocked. He just struck me as a bit of a player. Not saying he's a bad guy, just I've never thought of him as a real-life Booth.

It's not affected how I view Bones, because I realise there's a difference between fact and fiction.

What DB does or doesn't do in his personal life shouldn't have any bearing on the show.

Reading the above comments - ha, yes, I smirk a bit when DB has to say when speaking as the character of Booth, about how cheating is not good (words to that effect), etc...

But Booth is Booth, we feel we know the character. As for DB, he's not Booth, we don't really know him, not really. We just see what we read in the papers/magazines/tv interviews and form our own judgements.

Fi1975
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 51
Say What You Want : Fail to prepare, prepare to fail!
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by moonlightbones Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:45 am

future_anthro wrote:No. To put it simply... i'm a fan of his acting not his ethics. I'm not his wife so why should i care. So long as it doesn't have a big impact on his acting it makes no difference to me.

Ditto. His personal life has nothing whatsoever to do with why I enjoy his acting. His personal life is just that...personal.
moonlightbones
moonlightbones
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 308
Say What You Want : - 'What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.' -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post by G Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:59 pm

What??? Something happened between DB and his wife? I had no idea............... Rolling Eyes Laughing
G
G
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 8770
Say What You Want : Vizzini: I can't compete with you physically, and you're no match for my brains.
Man in Black: You're that smart?
Vizzini: Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates?
Man in Black: Yes.
Vizzini: Morons.

Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bk201 Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:39 pm

have you been living in a hole? jokes!

nothing changed for me when the rumours started emerging

bk201

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by redrider Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:46 am

YES! Finally someone I can agree with. cheers This is the kind of stuff that turns me off forums. Leave the celebs private lives alone. None of our business.

SO--who's excited for the new season of Bones?
redrider
redrider
Doctor
Doctor

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2008-06-01

http://fanstory.com/mypage.jsp

Back to top Go down

Post by SnoopGirl Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:56 am

redrider wrote:

YES! Finally someone I can agree with. cheers This is the kind of stuff that turns me off forums. Leave the celebs private lives alone. None of our business.

SO--who's excited for the new season of Bones?
Now that it is nearing the one month to season 6 point, I am getting excited. Can't wait to see Booth "grow a set" cheers cheers cheers cheers and Brennan acknowledge that she has more than friend/partnership feelings for Booth. One step at a time so I no longer have to scratch after watching an episode.

SnoopGirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9669
Say What You Want : Snoop I love you DB's Smile Smile

Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down