Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People Magazine w/ David & Jaime

+23
ToZiKa
Alsepang
the beaver1965
empiricist
crzy4bones
boreanazlover82
HermioneGirl101
gordongordonfan
katharine
sera
SnoopGirl
MI_Bonesgirl
treble21
a_rangergrl2
mereva
tinkrella
anteater
n2seeleybooth
otismotis
Bonesicted
Beliskner
jjrobinson73
bugaboo628
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

People Magazine w/ David & Jaime - Page 4 Empty Re: People Magazine w/ David & Jaime

Post by Alsepang Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 am

Most of the "news" surrounding this affair is gossip. You are assuming he confessed and it's been a year to the day the article came out. It could have just been sometime late last year. The "year" People Magazine claims has passed was written by the author of the article, not something Boreanaz was quoted saying himself, if I'm not mistaken. 8 months have passed since the original article came out, maybe they just rounded up? Thus, whether he had a "guilty conscience" as he claims he did or was just panicking since he knew the tabloids would be breaking the story soon depends on the time frame. And of course, we'll never really know what that time frame was for sure.

Personally, I think he may have had both a guilty conscience and been panicking. On the other hand, I certainly don't think Boreanaz should be boiled down to his infidelities and let them define his media persona - on numerous counts he's been mentioned as a good dad who is close to his family and prefers a private life.

I think a lot of speculation also depends on what your personal opinion of Boreanaz is. I haven't been a fan of his long (at least comparatively - there are people who've followed him since BtVS) so perhaps I'm not the best judge of his character.
Alsepang
Alsepang

Number of posts : 10
Say What You Want : Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole.
Registration date : 2010-05-09

Back to top Go down

People Magazine w/ David & Jaime - Page 4 Empty Re: People Magazine w/ David & Jaime

Post by treble21 Mon May 10, 2010 11:09 am

Alsepang wrote:Most of the "news" surrounding this affair is gossip. You are assuming he confessed and it's been a year to the day the article came out. It could have just been sometime late last year. The "year" People Magazine claims has passed was written by the author of the article, not something Boreanaz was quoted saying himself, if I'm not mistaken. 8 months have passed since the original article came out, maybe they just rounded up? Thus, whether he had a "guilty conscience" as he claims he did or was just panicking since he knew the tabloids would be breaking the story soon depends on the time frame. And of course, we'll never really know what that time frame was for sure.

Personally, I think he may have had both a guilty conscience and been panicking. On the other hand, I certainly don't think Boreanaz should be boiled down to his infidelities and let them define his media persona - on numerous counts he's been mentioned as a good dad who is close to his family and prefers a private life.

I think a lot of speculation also depends on what your personal opinion of Boreanaz is. I haven't been a fan of his long (at least comparatively - there are people who've followed him since BtVS) so perhaps I'm not the best judge of his character.

you could be right about the timeframe in the article, it was stated by the author not DB (although given that the article was written after an interview with him and it likely went through his PR team first, I'd say it's pretty likely it's the correct timeframe) however clearly his wife would not believe that he confessed due to a guilty conscience if the next day an article came out saying that he cheated . And it didn't seem like she'd have a problem calling him on it if he lied during that interview. Also there's really no reason to lie about that aspect of it. It's not gonna save him fans, if the fact that he cheated on his wife loses him fans, they aren't gonna come back just cause he admitted it before it all became public. (Also I still don't believe that Star article . at. all. )
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by katharine Mon May 10, 2010 12:00 pm

tinkrella wrote:
empiricist wrote:You all are so far off on everything. (I am saying that in a kind way.) I guess I have seen way more in my life, and I wish, (not really), there was a bit of that naivete left in my realistic view on life.
I hesitiate to put down in words, to clarify to you all what is really going on, has been going on. All of these blogs, either people are too careful, innocent, or what? What I would say is realistic, not hurtful, but I can tell if I said it, people might be hurt because they are hurt and sickened by the idea of DB cheating.
After, 20 years of living with guys in remote locations, this does not phase me. I saw it happening when I first became aware of David Boreanaz last fall. Everyone was sticking there head in the sand then. (I am sure Emily has been aware since she met him. She may flirt with him, but she knows what she is dealing with. She is second generation Hollywood, and not a green kid. She does not need to sleep with him to get ahead, as some women have tried.) (As for RU, consider what verb tense she uses in her statement.)
I am sure his wife is well aware of what she married. Consider the circumstances of how they met and married, (not the PR stuff), and both her and his prior movie choices. Both of their prior career choices are exhibitionistic. Add Hollyweird, and the NORM is infidelity. This ain't Mayberry. Playboy ain't Mayberry either.
It is their personal life. I don't need to know it, but I can tell you what it is without making it sound like it is going back to picket fences and Mayberry, or that it ever was.
As for DB, I think he has the capability to be a great actor. I hope I get to see it. On a lighter note, he just needs someone to follow him around and throw cold water on him occasionally, like Cam would do to Hodgela.

you and i are cut from the same cloth. i may just have to PM you about this. Laughing
That cloth includes me too. I haven't commented alot because I don't want everyone getting up in arms with me over complete speculation. I have my opinions and I will keep them to myself - so that I don't make anyone mad. But my opinions are pretty much yours and probably a little further.
I think he's a good actor and his looks keep me coming back. His family problems aren't my concern, just idle speculation again.
I will always watch Bones and have most of his movies, especially like Ghost Writer from Allan Cumming.
Just know you two aren't the only ones on that path.

katharine
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post by gordongordonfan Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Just to clarify... I think there a LOT of people (at least at this forum) who are not being naive or burying their heads, etc. I just think that there are a lot of people here who are just not letting this issue DEFINE the person of DB or the acting he does. I've read lots of opinions that whatever happened is between DB and his wife, that we don't know any of the real facts about it, that ANY person can make mistakes and still be human and "good", and that it would suck to have each and every mistake or move you make publicized by fame.

I agree that there are some people on the web who kind of get silly about it (I don't know what other word to use)... like those who are making nasty comments about his wife, or acting like they are going to have emotional breakdowns because of DB "doing this." (Which is silly afterall, because it's not like DB "did this" to any of them or any of us!) But I think this forum, for the most part, has been full of intelligent and respectful comments. But I don't think that means that people don't "get" what's going on or see the bigger picture of life in Hollywood... I think of it more as looking at it with "compassion" rather than as "naivete". Just my 2 cents.
gordongordonfan
gordongordonfan
Agent
Agent

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by treble21 Mon May 10, 2010 11:52 pm

gordongordonfan wrote:Just to clarify... I think there a LOT of people (at least at this forum) who are not being naive or burying their heads, etc. I just think that there are a lot of people here who are just not letting this issue DEFINE the person of DB or the acting he does. I've read lots of opinions that whatever happened is between DB and his wife, that we don't know any of the real facts about it, that ANY person can make mistakes and still be human and "good", and that it would suck to have each and every mistake or move you make publicized by fame.

I agree that there are some people on the web who kind of get silly about it (I don't know what other word to use)... like those who are making nasty comments about his wife, or acting like they are going to have emotional breakdowns because of DB "doing this." (Which is silly afterall, because it's not like DB "did this" to any of them or any of us!) But I think this forum, for the most part, has been full of intelligent and respectful comments. But I don't think that means that people don't "get" what's going on or see the bigger picture of life in Hollywood... I think of it more as looking at it with "compassion" rather than as "naivete". Just my 2 cents.

toast
treble21
treble21
Therapist
Therapist

Number of posts : 4680
Say What You Want : I'm gonna miss the ABY.
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 am

treble21 wrote:
gordongordonfan wrote:Just to clarify... I think there a LOT of people (at least at this forum) who are not being naive or burying their heads, etc. I just think that there are a lot of people here who are just not letting this issue DEFINE the person of DB or the acting he does. I've read lots of opinions that whatever happened is between DB and his wife, that we don't know any of the real facts about it, that ANY person can make mistakes and still be human and "good", and that it would suck to have each and every mistake or move you make publicized by fame.

toast
thank you
finally someone who doesn't think he/she is personally involved and knows how Hollywood works (as long as you don't work and live there and not as a waitress you just don't know)

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 am

Sorry, no disrespect intended. Don't read something that is not there into my comment.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 11, 2010 3:05 am

empiricist wrote:Sorry, no disrespect intended. Don't read something that is not there into my comment.
I didn't see it as being disrespectful, I just think that all that those 'sources' or articles tell us might be wrong. Maybe DB and JB lied to the reporters, maybe the reporters made something up that they didn't say or changed their words around until it fit what they wanted them to say.
I just think that no one on this (or any other) board can know what's really going on.
And while I think that as a husband DB might actually really suck, he's a great actor and the rest is none of my business anyway.

I would very much like all those who quote 'sources' in here to actually provide a link to that source or the article that first quoted that source, because I think that most of what was posted here was either out of context or just plainly made up.
(I am not trying to be disrespectful here either)

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!

Back to top Go down

Post by empiricist Tue May 11, 2010 3:54 am

Tozika,

I am not sure if you are asking me, because I am not sure what you are talking about. If you have a question about what I said, please PM me. I think everyone else is talking about the people magazine. Rachel Uchitel, (spelling?) also made a statement, which you can find on the web. People magazine interview was set up by the Boreanaz's and Rachel made a statement because the media was beginning to point the finger back at her. It may be a link on a different DB threads on this forum. My comment had more to do the fact that public relations (perceptions) plays a big part in Hollywood, just as in present day politics. Intelligent people do not believe every public relation spin. Oooops, maybe they do. Another fact of life. I didn't mean to sling mud, or drag anyone into it. No disrespect intended. I was just trying to be REALISTIC.

empiricist
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Tue May 11, 2010 4:10 am

empiricist wrote:Tozika,

I am not sure if you are asking me, because I am not sure what you are talking about. If you have a question about what I said, please PM me. I think everyone else is talking about the people magazine. Rachel Uchitel, (spelling?) also made a statement, which you can find on the web. People magazine interview was set up by the Boreanaz's and Rachel made a statement because the media was beginning to point the finger back at her. It may be a link on a different DB threads on this forum. My comment had more to do the fact that public relations (perceptions) plays a big part in Hollywood, just as in present day politics. Intelligent people do not believe every public relation spin. Oooops, maybe they do. Another fact of life. I didn't mean to sling mud, or drag anyone into it. No disrespect intended. I was just trying to be REALISTIC.

I wasn't talking to you or any single person.
But in this thread and in others about this topic, where posts in which it just said 'I heard that.....' or 'I read that.....' or 'rumors are that.....'
And while I read some of those myself, I didn't read all the articles and I think to make a point (even on a message board) you should always be able to tell a source, otherwise it is imo just starting or continuing a rumor.

So I wasn't talking to or about you, but in general.
It is always easy to just say that you read or heard it somewhere, but that's the way it spins out of control. (because with every person retelling it, something goes missing or is added and in the end something totally different comes out than what was originally written or said)

PS: I will stop posting in here now to prevent getting into trouble. I do not want to fight with anyone and I didn't want to be disrespectful.
Anyone can send me a pm though, if there are still questions about my posts in this thread.

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Back to top Go down

People Magazine w/ David & Jaime - Page 4 Empty Admin Posting

Post by DBCrazy Tue May 11, 2010 5:17 am

Admin Posting - Admin Posting
Admin Posting - Admin Posting - Admin Posting

flickball

Hello everybody! It's me, your friendly admin, stopping by to do my bit to calm things down in here a little. I'm not yelling. I'm not glaring. I'm talking in a low, sweet, gentle voice.

It's a wonderful thing that we have the internet with forums for us to talk about things that are going on. Sometimes things come up that people have differing ideas about, and as they talk things get a little out of hand. I gather that a few feathers have been ruffled by all this hoopla going on with DB ... blah blah blah. I can't say as I'm surprised by it in the least. Rolling Eyes

Some people think of the glass half full, while others think of the glass half empty. Some people want the facts so well as they can be obtained, while others don't worry about it so much. That said ...

TheABY is here to celebrate the show Bones.
Those of you that have seen me step into these kerfluffles a few times in the past know what I always say in these situations. So, say it with me everybody ... "The primary rule of the ABY is 'Don't be mean.' What that means is, don't be mean to your fellow posters, as well as be respectful to all of the actors/writers/crew on the show."

I know I probably sound like some of y'all's grandma. I'm probably old enough to be some of y'all's grandma. Point is, settle down. Remember how you'd like to be treated by others, and extend that courtesy to others.

I have more to say, but I believe I've said quite enough. If anyone has any problems going on that they need to talk about, give me a buzz. There's a PM button right up there somewhere. ^

DBCrazy
theABY...Admin2 I love you

Admin Posting - Admin Posting - Admin Posting
Admin Posting - Admin Posting
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

People Magazine w/ David & Jaime - Page 4 Empty People make mistakes

Post by friskifeline Tue May 11, 2010 5:47 am

People always think the grass is greener on the other side. It never is. David made a mistake. This is one mistake I don't think he will make again. I give him credit though for owning up on his own about his cheating. That is a big thing. To go through what they both have (especially Jamie) and what they will, there is alot to be said for the strength of their bond. I do think they love each other. I just hope they can trust each other again. I hope the media will let them be to find their way through what is bound to be a difficult time and that the marriage will survive and become even stronger.
friskifeline
friskifeline

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by the beaver1965 Tue May 11, 2010 6:12 am

Hate to say this, but the reporters that are covering this are like pit bulls and will not let go until they go way back to when DB and JB first got married. If it comes out that he was a serial cheater for all these years after they got married like it has been rumored this marriage has zero chance of surviving.

the beaver1965
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2009-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by a_rangergrl2 Tue May 11, 2010 1:57 pm

gordongordonfan wrote: I just think that there are a lot of people here who are just not letting this issue DEFINE the person of DB or the acting he does. <snip>I agree that there are some people on the web who kind of get silly about it (I don't know what other word to use)... like those who are making nasty comments about his wife, or acting like they are going to have emotional breakdowns because of DB "doing this." (Which is silly afterall, because it's not like DB "did this" to any of them or any of us!)

cheers

It just really doesn't matter to me that he's a good looking guy that likes the ladies. It's hardly the worst thing that an actor can be accused of and I just can’t get that worked up about it. As a member of the audience, my relationship with him isn't any different today than it was last week or last month or five years ago. He hasn't cheated on or cheated me of anything.

So if DB and his wife can put together a better relationship after this that fulfils them both and makes them happy, then more power to them. And if they can't, then may they each go on to find relationships with others that better meets their needs. It doesn't change my world either way. I just hope to keep drooling over him on my television screen for the foreseeable future.

As far as this going much further press wise. Just the fact there was no picture at all on the cover of People that carried the article and it's buried back on page 123 tells you what the dollar value of this story is perceived to be in selling magazines. And money, folks, is what drives this kind of thing. How’s that for not being naive?
a_rangergrl2
a_rangergrl2
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AmandaFriend Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

We are never going to know all the details about the affair(s). So much of what goes on in Hollywood is dictated by PR people and lawyers. DB spoke to the press-- People-- because it has more legitimacy than other publications. My guess is that he went through some PR person or his representation or a lawyer before airing his confession. He did what he did in confessing publicly to save his marriage and to do damage control. He confessed as he did to control the information in the best way he could.

And you're right-- he's a celebrity, but his star is not so shiny that he merited a front page teaser. But it's shiny enough that he's got to do whatever he can to control the information. Confess early and whatever the mistress(es) says will never be as harmful as a shocking headline that no one anticipated.

We may never see all the collateral damage that this confession creates, either. Weeding through all the conjecture and gossip is a full-time job and frankly, it's not that important to me. I do feel badly for someone like ED who helped build the show's fan base through her chemistry with DB only to have people level accusations against her without proof of anything more than she tried to help sell her show. I like ED. My guess is that HH and the producers will be protective of her as they should.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth over this is so odd. It's a sad story and one that will have a happy ending for all concerned. I really can separate the man from the actor. As a man he strayed and has confessed and seems to want to mend his marriage. God bless his family in trying to move on from this. As an actor, he plays a too-good-to-be-true knight in shining FBI-issue body armor. It's a role, not his real lifestyle. So many people cannot separate the man from the actor. And that's what causes more collateral damage in the end.

AmandaFriend
Squint
Squint

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by booth fan Thu May 13, 2010 11:58 am

I like the article, especially that they were both together and that they are both working on it unlike some other celebrities that didn't have the spouses support, I hope they can get things right between them again after David admitted what he did was wrong and he told his wife about it long before it came out in the public. I just hope he can learn from this and it will help them rebuild their marriage.
booth fan
booth fan
Forensic Artist
Forensic Artist

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2010-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4