Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AND THE KILLER IS......

+2
Cassiopeia
willgirl
6 posters

Go down

AND THE KILLER IS...... Empty AND THE KILLER IS......

Post by willgirl Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 am

Brennan watched the suspect through the glass as Booth entered the interrogation room and settled into a chair at the table, deliberately ignoring the person across from him. After several minutes of silence, she grew impatient.

“Why is he doing that?” she asked.

When Sweets didn’t respond, she turned to look at him, surprised that he had not taken the opportunity to provide some psychological ‘insight’ on the Booth’s approach. His eyes were narrowed on the person in the next room, his stance rigid as he waited for the questioning to begin.

She didn’t have time to analyze the unusual behavior as Booth’s voice traveled through the intercom. It was time to find out why Jonah Sneed had died.

xxxxx

“Thank you for coming in again, Mrs. Sneed. ”

“As I said before, anything that I can do to help find out who did this awful thing to Jonah. Have you…discovered something?”

He deliberately ignored the question, casually shifting the folder on the table in front of him.

“It must have been difficult, leaving the campaign trail and all.”

“Yes. My husband’s advisors were insistent that he return as quickly as possible. Every day counts in the polls you know. But of course, for Jonah…”

“Mm-hm.” Booth kept the acknowledgement short, letting silence fall back into the room. After a few moments, his instinct paid off.

“And really there are only so many hands to shake, babies to kiss. Then it’s all taxes and free trade and subsidies…you know,” she said, trying to fill the void he’d left.

“I see.” Booth said, still keeping his voice casual as he opened the folder. “That explains how you were able to find the time.”

“The time? I don’t understand…” Her words trailed away as he slowly placed three photographs on the table in front of her.

“Charles.” A campaign photograph showing the happy couple waving at a crowd.

“Vanderhill.” A still from the hotel security camera, Lilly clinging to Sinclair’s arm as they waited for the elevator.

“Jonah.” A candid photo from an anniversary party at the restaurant, Jonah and Lilly clearly visible at nearby table.

“There’s an explanation for all of these,” she said after he finished his recitation.

“I’m sure there is,” he said dryly, watching as her eyes darted from one picture to the next.

“An innocent explanation, Agent Booth.” She said, eyes narrowing as the veneer slipped. “I’m not a….”

Biting back the word, she tried to take control of the interview. She snatched the first picture from the table.

“My husband.” She snapped the photograph face down.

“Our lawyer.” She flipped over the picture of Sinclair.

“My brother-in-law.” The last picture nearly sliding from the table with the force she used to turn it over.

Addressing her temper with only a raised eyebrow, he slid the photographs back in a single row.

“Or….pre-nup…..secret half-brother who drafted the pre-nup….and the man with the DNA results and Edwina’s ear….,” he stopped when all three images were once again facing her. “In other words, motive Motive. Motive.”

Her eyes followed his finger as it tapped each photograph in turn.

“And you were the last one seen with him alive. That’s opportunity.”

“You---You can’t prove anything.”

“Oh, but we can. See, Jonah he saved everything. Pictures…receipts….we found it all.”

“That doesn’t mean…”

“We know about your troubles with the law, Mrs. Sneed. And about your previous life. You really landed into a sweet deal when you met Charles, didn’t you?”

“Well, I…”

“I get it. I wouldn’t want that to end either. Your husband is busy on the campaign trail so you have some fun on the side with Sinclair. But you still have the safety and security that comes along with having a mayoral candidate for a husband. What was Jonah going to do, Lilly? Tell Charles?”

“It was Charles! He’s the one who is illegitimate. Edwina slept around with everyone. She tried to cover it up but Jonah knew and Charles found out. Can you imagine what that would have done to the campaign?”

Booth shifted in his seat, his eyes narrowing.

“Or what it would have done to you?”

Lilly looked up in surprise. “I…it’s not…”

“No.” Booth replied. “That’s not why you killed him. After all, you could weather an illegitimacy claim; you were still married to Charles after all. And we talked to Edwina this morning. She confessed that both Jonah and Charles resulted from affairs with different men. Sinclair was also a result of a dalliance with the chauffeur. She also showed me a copy of her will which noted that they would both still inherit her estate.”

Booth paused for a moment and stared at Lilly as he watched her confidence start to crumble.

“You on the other hand, would lose everything if you would found to be having an affair with Sonny. And that’s what was going on, wasn’t it? Jonah found out and he wanted to expose you. After having dinner with him where you pleaded for him not to tell Charles, you followed him to the university. You knew he wouldn’t change his mind. He was a stubborn old man after all. You crept in and saw him puttering in front of the bookcase. You pushed it over and trapped him underneath. But that wasn’t enough. So you picked up the baton in the corner and hit him. Is that right Mrs. Sneed?”

“I don’t….I mean….I…..I want a lawyer.”

“That’s what I thought you’d say.” Booth replied, smirking.

He picked up the papers and walked out the door. He headed into the observation room.

“Well?”

“So she killed him for money?” Brennan asked.

“Don’t look too surprised. It happens all the time. She was afraid of losing the money and her place in society. “

“What happens now?” Sweets asked.

“Well, Sinclair a.k.a. Sonny is being booked for extortion. He will spend a few years in prison as well as lose his license. Without the backing of the Sneed family, Lily’s going to have a hard time finding a lawyer. C’mon Bones, let’s go tell Mrs. Sneed who killed her son.”

Brennan nodded and they began to make their way out of the observation room.

“Hey guys.” Sweets said. They turned around to face him, “Thanks.”

Booth nodded and Brennan smiled and they turned and left.

“Now about our previous discussion….”

“BONES!”
willgirl
willgirl
Deputy Director
Deputy Director

Number of posts : 9099
Say What You Want : Go Synthesis!
Registration date : 2008-05-30

http://www.synthesiscommunications.net

Back to top Go down

AND THE KILLER IS...... Empty Re: AND THE KILLER IS......

Post by Cassiopeia Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:10 pm

Oh yes! I was right!!!! Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCrazy Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:Oh yes! I was right!!!! Smile
Congratulations!!! I hear you have an upcoming promotion too!!
DBCrazy
DBCrazy
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11341
Say What You Want : I was sad to see this place close. I called it home for a while.
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassiopeia Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:47 pm

DBCrazy wrote:
Cassiopeia wrote:Oh yes! I was right!!!! Smile
Congratulations!!! I hear you have an upcoming promotion too!!

Oh, that would be wonderful! Smile
Cassiopeia
Cassiopeia
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 11713
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlightGardenias Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 am

Oh, congrats Cass. That's great that you guessed correctly! Cool
MoonlightGardenias
MoonlightGardenias
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1092
Say What You Want : Everything happens eventually...
Registration date : 2009-01-25

http://www.fanfiction.net/~moonlightgardenias

Back to top Go down

Post by ToZiKa Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:40 pm

damn.....I knew it had to bee Lilly or Vanderhill, but of course I chose the wrong one.....
congrats Cassi!

ToZiKa
Prosecutor
Prosecutor

Number of posts : 37397
Say What You Want : It's been great and I'll never forget this place! Thanks Lindsey!
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rike Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:03 pm

congratulations cass! cheers

Rike
Head of Forensics
Head of Forensics

Number of posts : 1695
Say What You Want : The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of consious.
Mahatma Ghandi
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down